• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Sub-Zero's finally out for Injustice 2 and he's got some interesting character interactions in the intros.

Namely some that reference MK vs DC like Flash saying "Oh no not again" or Sub-Zero himself mentioning Dark Kahn
There's plenty of other cool references too like to his time as Cyber Sub-Zero, his brother and to Kintaro.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well, one of the next major thing coming up is EVO. What tournaments do you guys plan on watching? I'm probably gonna try to catch Tekken 7, Marvel 3 and Smash 4. Unfortunately I feel Injustice is gonna be more of the same as the first game in terms of the top matches.
If I do watch EVO, I only really plan to watch Smash 4 and Melee.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm so beyond hyped for the Berkut GHB. Ian Sinclair is amazing, Berkut's design is gorgeous, and he's arguably one of the best villains in the franchise.

It's a shame all Grand Hero Battles tend to use the same music. Having Pride and Arrogance play during Berkut's would have been amazing. The Scions Dance in Purgatory would work well too, but I think that'd necessitate a...certain someone...also being there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Idk what Cave Story is about and Im trying to see if the game is worth buying. Can someone explain it to me?
Cave Story isn't really worth buying, you should just download the original version for free on the PC, which, yes, is legal becausethat's how it was originally relased
Nicalis re-releases only add some stuff which hardly justify the price tag but:
-Updated graphics(CS+ for Steam and Switch have new sprites, DS and 3DS have the old ones)
-Easy and Hard modes(just damge modifiers but Easy was the only way I can beat the True Ending)
-Curly Mode(Play as Curly, really only aesthetical)
-Boss Rush
-Nemesis Challenge and Air Fortress(both are bonus levels, really fun(and hard) imo)
-Soundtest

There's also CS3D which is a 3D remake but I guess that's about it, doesn't look as good and doesn't have any of the bonus levels

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Cave Story isn't really worth buying, you should just download the original version for free on the PC, which, yes, is legal becausethat's how it was originally relased
Nicalis re-releases only add some stuff which hardly justify the price tag but:
-Updated graphics(CS+ for Steam and Switch have new sprites, DS and 3DS have the old ones)
-Easy and Hard modes(just damge modifiers but Easy was the only way I can beat the True Ending)
-Curly Mode(Play as Curly, really only aesthetical)
-Boss Rush
-Nemesis Challenge and Air Fortress(both are bonus levels, really fun(and hard) imo)
-Soundtest

There's also CS3D which is a 3D remake but I guess that's about it, doesn't look as good and doesn't have any of the bonus levels

well I dont have a computer anymore so the pc is out. Im more looking at the switch game and I should get it or not

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
OOOHHHH!!! CHINESE NINJA WARRIOR! WITH YOUR HEART SO COLD!!!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't have hopes of that happening.
I could see it happening, honestly. Nintendo has been wanting to branch their IP out. Combine that with the generally favorable reviews Netflix Castlevania has been getting, alongside Nintendo being less clingy about Metroid (they've let outside studios like Retro take the helm very often), and it's a good mix.

Plus it'd capitalize on the Prime 4 and Samus Returns hype and the fact that Metroid has a much bigger audience in western territories.

Chrono.

I could see it happening, honestly. Nintendo has been wanting to branch their IP out. Combine that with the generally favorable reviews Netflix Castlevania has been getting, alongside Nintendo being less clingy about Metroid (they've let outside studios like Retro take the helm very often), and it's a good mix.

Plus it'd capitalize on the Prime 4 and Samus Returns hype and the fact that Metroid has a much bigger audience in western territories.
If it were a regular series and not R-rated I'd agree more.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In terms of tone and atmosphere, a Metroid cartoon, I feel should be kind of similar to Samurai Jack, seeing as isolation is pretty common in Samurai Jack. Maybe each episode has Samus travel to another planet and fight whatever threat she comes across.

A really good Mega Man cartoon would basically be the Archie Mega Man comics, but even more fleshed out and more intricate fight scenes. No need to make it R-rated. Those comics had a really good handle on Mega Man and Protoman's characters.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's good, less campy and more hyper violent edgy though.
This works well enough with Castlevania though. I mean it IS a series that's got Dracula as one of the main characters. Though I can see a campier rendition working too, namely with Simon and him fighting all the classic horror movie villains, given what the early titles were based off. I did like the Netflix series, despite being short as hell. I feel it's more accurate to call it a movie, setting up the initial premise.

Metroid might be able to pull off edgy, but a somber and lonesome tone fits better. Mega Man X or the Zero series could do edgy, but a Superhero show/DBZ with robots would be better. No way would classic really be done justice in that way.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
He's also said he wanted to make R-rated Megaman in the past.
...why R-Rated?

Did he ever give a reason for it or explain why at all?

In terms of tone and atmosphere, a Metroid cartoon, I feel should be kind of similar to Samurai Jack, seeing as isolation is pretty common in Samurai Jack. Maybe each episode has Samus travel to another planet and fight whatever threat she comes across.

A really good Mega Man cartoon would basically be the Archie Mega Man comics, but even more fleshed out and more intricate fight scenes. No need to make it R-rated. Those comics had a really good handle on Mega Man and Protoman's characters.
I'd love a Samurai Jack-type formula for a Metroid cartoon, though with hopefully less of a status-quo reigning supreme, as it did in the original. Something similar, yes, but with more freedom to story arcs and more development as it goes on (as Jack's fifth season went into.)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im fine with a possible Rated-R Mega Man as long it's not like those weird brazilian MM comics that somehow got licensed by Capcom.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Considering what I've heard about Castlevania's show, it could work but it'd be different from his usual shows. As mentioned before, Metroid as a series focuses on isolationism and that means Samus (and the villains who can talk like Ridley and Mother Brain) can't have too many interactions. So you'd basically have to convey what's happening in the plot mostly through action and character expression once Samus is on the planet and that can be difficult to do for any good show or movie.

With that said, it can be done and the aforementioned Samurai Jack is a good example of that, so as long as he aims for something similar in nature it could be worth the endeavor by both him and Nintendo.

Last edited:

Chrono.

...why R-Rated?

Did he ever give a reason for it or explain why at all?
Nah, he just listed it off hand as a couple franchises he'd like to adapt (another one being Contra and Power Rangers, which he already made an R-rated fan film of)
Im fine with a possible Rated-R Mega Man as long it's not like those weird brazilian MM comics that somehow got licensed by Capcom.
Fam what the hell is this.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, we need a Street Fighter cartoon and Mortal Kombat cartoon that aren't just ****ty G.I. Joe wannabes. How could anyone hate an R rated MK cartoon?

I'd really be interested in seeing a Tekken show too, especially for the first 4 games. Some of the side characters have good arcs too.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dang it, stop selling me dream that will probably not happen. :v

Really, I would love to see a Metroid animated series that take note from the Metroid Manga. I really love the artstyle and something similar to it would probably attract western fan (and maybe the 10 Metroid fan in Japan:troll:). Not to mention that, while not perfect, Samus character is really well-done in my opinion. And the world of Metroid is presented in a different, but fresh light.

But in any case, I don't think the series would need to be R18. It's not like Metroid need gore or anything like that. For Castlevania, it work, not so much Metroid.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wonder how many people in this thread are gonna find out about those Brazilian comics for the first time now that you've brought it up, LOL.

I bring it up once in a blue moon, but it's not really something that gets noticed in conversation when I mention it. Which is a shame, because if people knew what on earth that thing was we'd get more juicy reactions like this:

Fam what the hell is this.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Another game to add to the list for making interesting shows: Madworld. The artstyle and soundtrack alone would make it worth a shot. But the messed up world they live in could be give some extra background info.

I'm sure No More Heroes could also work well enough visually for an animated adaptation.

Chrono.

Also, we need a Street Fighter cartoon and Mortal Kombat cartoon that aren't just ****ty G.I. Joe wannabes. How could anyone hate an R rated MK cartoon?

I'd really be interested in seeing a Tekken show too, especially for the first 4 games. Some of the side characters have good arcs too.
Series adaptions of fighting games always kinda turn out bad for whatever reason.

Whether they're cartoons or live action movies (SF/MK) or just an anime/CGI short film (Tekken) or even a full anime series (Blazblue), something always goes awry.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just looked a video about the Mega Man Brazil Comic.

And as Coricus Coricus said:

Fam what the hell is this?

Seriously, wow, I am speechless, just, wow.

Cancel/10, would recommend.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
[QUOTE="Red Hunter Z, post: 21801565, member: 309456"
And as Coricus Coricus said:

Fam what the hell is this?

I said that. :confused:
Do you have the copyright to prove that?:denzel: Actually, I forgot, sorry for that.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Shishœ
Finished watching watching Kill La Kill, definitely not better than Gurren Lagann but I find it pretty good. Same with how Sawano 's music in Xenoblade Chronicles X, some soundtracks are overused or misplaced. I also enjoy the dub (Whereas Little Witch Academia... I don't)
Speaking of dub, no wonder why Senketsu's English VA sounds familiar :

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
These "SONIC IS BAD AND I DEFINITIVELY KNOW WHY AND HOW TO FIX IT" hot take videos are like the worst meme of 2017.

Just wanted to put that out there because it's kind of exhausting.

Chrono.

These "SONIC IS BAD AND I DEFINITIVELY KNOW WHY AND HOW TO FIX IT" hot take videos are like the worst meme of 2017.

You watched the new RelaxAlax I'm guessing.

FTR I agree with you.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I was going to say, "have you seen Relax Alax newest video" but...

You watched the new RelaxAlax I'm guessing.
Yeah, I was beaten to it.:drshrug: (Also, I noted you this time Akx. ;) )

Still, I also find those video really tiring. Can't people just let Sonic games alone for once?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

People who say they know -exactly- how to fix things are usually a hundred times more incompetent than whatever company they're saying they know how to do better than.

Being a major corporation that created a product in the first place and has resources and user data does not exempt one from being thick, but it does give perspective on what people as a whole actually want instead of just one person projecting and assuming everyone must think like they do and it does offer knowledge of potential complications that most consumers may not be aware of.

You might just be able to do better than the major video game company, but if you've got the ego to think you know for absolute sure that you can then you probably can't. The situation is of course amplified both when nostalgia overrides any attempt at logic and when bashing a franchise is the hip thing to do, and when one or heaven forbid both are tossed into the equation you might as well not even have an opinion on a franchise because it's inevitably going to be idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom