• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To those people who follow MHA I recently bought vol 13 of MHA manga.
Check out the cover, inner cover, and left inner page:
I put the inner page as spoiler because it is a bit of a spoiler for those who haven't read the manga.
I tried my best not to touch Momo's thighs when taking this pic... and I think mod will get on me with this pic even this is just Momo in her normal hero costume...
Horikoshi's artstyle feels more polished on this one.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Okay, I need to ask.

Why is it that in every one of your posts, you mention you're married, even when it isn't relevant to the rest of the post in the slightest?
Seems as if his tactic of saying something regularly to create belief in its credibility is backfiring on him. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If the Switch continues to sell well, do you expect more third-party support, particularly from non-indie third-parties?

There has been a lot of concern about third-party support being a repeat of the Wii U which is a console only for Nintendo games (even more so than the N64). Right now, the Switch is selling well but admittedly third-party support can use a lot of work.

That said, I believe that we will see improvement in third-party support for the Switch barring a sharp drop in sales for consoles. Once the 3DS and Vita drop out, the Switch will be the best avenue for mid-tier third-party and Japanese support, especially when considering development costs for PS4, Xbox One and especially PC. There is also the advantage of the Switch being a hybrid console (portable and home console) so gamers can take their games anywhere. This resembles the current Japanese gaming market which may get more Japanese third-parties on board.

I doubt we will see most games with Triple A budgets from western third-parties since the Switch likely cannot run them without significantly downgrading the game. But if we can get an unique third-party library with exclusives to the Switch, it will still be solid for Nintendo fans.

Regardless, Nintendo needs third-party support and it needs good support. Nintendo loses badly every time they do not come.
I do believe we will see increased third-party support for the Switch in the future. I'd wager that initially the third-parties were hesitant to support the system given how many times they'd been burned in the past, which makes sense. They were waiting to see if it'd be a viable platform. I think if the Switch hasn't proven that it is yet, it certainly will by year's end. And I think starting next year, we'll see support that reflects that.

However, I don't imagine we'll end up receiving a level of non-indie third-party support that people speculated we'd receive around the time Nintendo released that "development partner" third-party slide, around the Switch reveal. It's never going to be particularly substantial. I think if you mix the light volume of multiplats a successful yet "underpowered" console gets mixed with the typical exclusives designated to handheld consoles, that's around what the Switch will receive.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Nice Shantae avatar, N3ON N3ON ! I imagine you've been playing Half Genie Hero? :p

I really do need to get onto playing that at some point...

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nice Shantae avatar, N3ON N3ON ! I imagine you've been playing Half Genie Hero? :p

I really do need to get onto playing that at some point...
Thanks! I really dug the Blaster Master artwork of Shantae (and Shovel Knight - though I'm not as big on him in general) and knew I'd have to make an avi from it. :)

I actually haven't played HGH yet! I'm sure I'll get to it at some point, but I just haven't had much time for gaming lately. And also I'm not as much a fan of the hand-drawn art style over the sprite art of past Shantae games, but I get why they made that choice. I just like pixel art. :3

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Shishœ
Recently found another Gurren Lagann X Little Witch Academia artwork, you might have seem this before. But this artwork not only has crossover but also a reference to another basketball manga that has been a classic for young dudes in the 90s: Slam Dunk.

It is a reference to this scene:
I enjoy crossover artworks a lot, mostly those that are connected or I am familiar with.

If the Switch continues to sell well, do you expect more third-party support, particularly from non-indie third-parties?

There has been a lot of concern about third-party support being a repeat of the Wii U which is a console only for Nintendo games (even more so than the N64). Right now, the Switch is selling well but admittedly third-party support can use a lot of work.

That said, I believe that we will see improvement in third-party support for the Switch barring a sharp drop in sales for consoles. Once the 3DS and Vita drop out, the Switch will be the best avenue for mid-tier third-party and Japanese support, especially when considering development costs for PS4, Xbox One and especially PC. There is also the advantage of the Switch being a hybrid console (portable and home console) so gamers can take their games anywhere. This resembles the current Japanese gaming market which may get more Japanese third-parties on board.

I doubt we will see most games with Triple A budgets from western third-parties since the Switch likely cannot run them without significantly downgrading the game. But if we can get an unique third-party library with exclusives to the Switch, it will still be solid for Nintendo fans.

Regardless, Nintendo needs third-party support and it needs good support. Nintendo loses badly every time they do not come.
First to say I do think Switch needs third party support, most important I have check many video on Youtube from my favorite Youtube going back and forth about whether third party support is import for Switch or not. My stance is they need to come but shouldn't be like the Wii U when it first launched, most of those third party game were rushed and eventually didn't sell well. Also it was hard to develop games on the Wii U.
I especially think those saying Switch will fail due to no third party support is an utterly dumb statement, Switch does get third party support already, just not on the scale where new upcoming games are coming to Switch and on par with PS4 and Xbox One. I just think they are just jump the gun too often.
While I personally don't think Switch will eventually those common third party titles like Call Of Duty, Overwatch, Grand Thef Auto etc. I think as long as Switch receives third party exclusives like how the 3DS is will be just fine.
My question is on your last statement "Nintendo loses badly every time they do not come.", it isn't always the case if you know Nintendo hasn't get that good third party support ever since N64, sure Nintendo "lost" to Sony but it still manage to sell over 30 million. Wii however was something entirely, Wii U you can say lack of third party was the key failure but there were other reasons why Wii U didn't sell well. And then if you look at 3DS this nearly against that statement, 3DS didn't get that much third party support but it still beat Vita with a huge margin.

Edit: and I dd post again...:facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm in Season 6 of KND and the quality seems to have massively dropped. Probably good it was the final season before getting worse

Kind of weird, they just had a movie before season 6 and everything. I wonder if that somehow blew their budget

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
ATTENTION! USER [REDFEATERRAVEN] IS IN DIRECT VIOLATION OF GALACTIC POLICE FORCE CODE 56443 WITH THE DIRECT MENTION OF AN INTERGALACTIC CRIMINAL. ALL IN VIOLATION WILL BE VAPORIZED IMMEDIATELY!
avi_fighting_lasernosell.gif

Officer.

I feel like you have grossly misjudged your capacity to vaporize.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Official Max Bar- Brass art. The Commish comes out on the 12th with his stage and some other features.

Profile:
Belongs to: ARMS Association
Height: 194cm (6'4)
Weight: 117kg (258lbs)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So.

Let's do a few things I didn't get around to last night.

Starting with this list thing.

BOUGHT:
Breath of the Wild
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Bomberman R
Thumper
ARMS
Snipperclips
Sonic Mania (preordered)

WILL BUY DAY ONE:
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokken Tournament DX

WILL BUY ON SALE:
Disgaea 5
Rocket League
Fire Emblem Warriors
Fast RMX

POSSIBLY BUY:
Mario + Rabbids (pending reviews)
Sonic Forces (pending reviews)
Yooka-Laylee (pending reviews of improvements)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (pending further information)
Yoshi Switch (pending further information)
Kirby Switch (pending further information)

Takahashi seems to have interest of porting Xenoblade Chronicles X to Switch, hope that can happen.
Still indifferent on XC2 until I see enough footage to really make me a believer.

But an XCX port?

Yes.

Yes.

Aw thanks sir and may I have a cup of coffee half coffee half milk pls thanks and I will also take a lemonade thank you^^
I really want to try some beer but I'm to young
Real talk.

You aren't missing anything.

Hm...

Having ten different things to finish becomes a lot more daunting when your mind is wired to see all of them at once and limit your ability to focus on one at a time...
Preach.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Dammit.

My glorious pec flex got shunted back a page.

I was robbed, I tell you.

:4rob:'d.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
TIL that Cindy Robinson voices Peri in FE Heroes, who also voices Amy Rose.

That's weird to know.

D

Deleted member

I'm finally going back to my Moon Nuzlocke, finished the second island and went to the Aether Foundation. I really hate how this section just breaks all of the ganeplay pacing, story-wise I have no complaints but on replays it's just A-mashing constantly: from the moment you meet Faba in the hotel to reaching the Preservation Area there are no breaks in dialogue at all and then the only thing you can do there is find a Rare Candy in the Docking Area.

Though now I did find out Nihilego can run away in the battle against it, I didn't find this out the first time because I just had my Mudbray OHKO it lol.

Gonna try to do the Trial Captain battles and whatever I can do in the Hotel area since the game pushed me out of there as soon as I got in.

AND SHIELDON FINALLY EVOLVED **** YES HOLY **** THESE DEFENSIVE STATS ARE CRAZY

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
TIL that Cindy Robinson voices Peri in FE Heroes, who also voices Amy Rose.

That's weird to know.
Now I'm imagining a murderous, psychotic Amy Rose. Possibly but not necessarily yandere.

It seems like it'd work in a very black humor kind of way.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>le me playing TF2
>gets a crit rocket on a group of three which kills
>taunts instead of heading to the dying objective
>karma Pyro comes around the corner

The lesson? Don't taunt in clutch, asshole.

...That was to me.

I'm an asshole.

You might be too.

Well there's no might about it.

Still though, live and learn.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
WWE 2K18 coming to Switch...

Don't personally care about Wrestling games but this is pretty big news...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't know anything about wrestling other than that apparently there was something about an announcer's table at Hell in a Cell, but WWE 2K18 is confirmed for the Switch.

That should excite some folks here.

Edit: MinMinja'd

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aaaaaand Kupala just died, great
What even is the point of Water Compaction if Bubblebeam one-shots you?

Oh, nice, I got a Masquerain at least, named him Reaper because my headcanon is that Masquerain tries too hard to look cool and intimidating.
Ive had this thought all last not and I wonder if things would of been different in the world if I had actually died when I fell out the window as a baby. i always think about that
It would, I'd have one less friend

WWE 2K18 coming to Switch...

Don't personally care about Wrestling games but this is pretty big news...
I don't know anything about wrestling other than that apparently there was something about an announcer's table at Hell in a Cell, but WWE 2K18 is confirmed for the Switch.

That should excite some folks here.

Edit: MinMinja'd
Yay Sports games on switch
It's a good sign. And it isnt the last gen versions. Will probably pick this up since I haven played sine Smasckdown VS Raw 2008

Hoping we get more casual games like this to get that install base up.

Clearly they are all inheritors of One For All.
****post gets a ****post

Age of Fire: Arthur's staunch support of Justice sews the seed for what would one day be known as One FOr All

Age of Heroes: Quirks have become mainstream, but a mighty one has been passed down for generations

Age of ARMS: heroes have been forgotten, with quirks being replaced by the ARMS gene, but justice still remains

Age of Speed: Heroes, villains, and fighting have all been forgotten in favor of technology. In fact, the power of One For All has long since subsided, but the title is still passed down, as the Captain Falcon.

Chrono.

Looks like the rumors were true concerning WWE 2K18.

Also, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Switch comes out September 22 in North America.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Bought:
Breath of the Wild

I WANT IT NOW:
Super Mario Odyssey
Sonic Mania
Splatoon 2

Pick up at some point:
ARMS
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Shovel Knight
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Rayman Legends
Yooka-Laylee

On a sale:
Super Bomberman R

Maybe:
Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Sonic Forces (getting it for PS4, but may double dip if I really enjoy the game (which I'm doubting will happen)).
Disgaea 5 (only put like, 20 minutes into the demo)
Yoshi (want to see more)
Kirby (want to see more)

Also, here's a neat video about the thought process of the artistic side of Sonic 1. Learned a few new things from it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lucario as a Guest Fighter in Xenoverse 2 is obviously the most fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom