• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
The amount of people who want Merric kicked from the five star Hero pool is kind of sad. Merric did nothing wrong, I say.

As far as I'm concerned if he has a legendary weapon or is incredibly plot important, he can stay. And hey look, Excalibur. Poor Eliwood though. Main lord with a legendary weapon, and he literally can't be pulled at five stars...

Please demote Genny to four stars so I can get her, IS.
I'd trade my Genny for a Ryoma or a Hector, if you have one, and if we were able to.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wish the rpg maker had more options for enemies and characters and stuff.

It's kinda expensive for what it is, and all it is doing is making me want to get a laptop to get a real rpg maker.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd trade my Genny for a Ryoma or a Hector, if you have one, and if we were able to.
If we were able to do that and I had one of them, I'd do it. No lie.

I'm ready to roll, IS. Let me roll.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If we were able to do that and I had one of them, I'd do it. No lie.

I'm ready to roll, IS. Let me roll.
Well, get ready to roll.....once you finish the Lunatic Challenges. Each set has 8 Orbs altogether. With the current Chain Challenges, you can get 72 Orbs altogether. 74 if you include the Squad Assault.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
1 5 star....hawkeye....who is trash
Death Blow is pretty neat, though. I'd like a 5* Hawkeye very much, so I can finish off my Brave Axe +Atk Cherche. If only you could sacrifice Alfonse for skill inheritance.

Speaking of which, I had to try and salvage him in a hurry just so I could drag my arena scores above the 680 point mark. Every point counts if I want to stand a chance of making tier 20 next season. Gave him a Brave Sword+ and Drag Back, so it's basically the same idea as Cherche. (Still need some more SP to round out the missing skills, but you get the idea.)
If this works and I do manage to make tier 20, though, I'll 5* him first thing next Tuesday. If not, straight back on the bench he goes.

The Squad Assault ended up being much easier than it was made up to be, I thought. You don't even need 20 maxed-out units to get by, on stuff like the first map you only need two or three solid units and can throw in some level 1 filler units just to make up the spots. Useful if you don't have 20 strong units yet. You do need to have all 20 units survive, though, so if you bring filler units make sure to keep them out of harm's way. You can at least preview maps before starting them, so that helps.

Other stuff I found while datamining:
- Tobin's art:
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/File:FEH_Tobin_01.png
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/File:FEH_Tobin_02.png
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/File:FEH_Tobin_02a.png
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/File:FEH_Tobin_03.png

- Tobin's dialogue: https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Tobin/Quotes_(Heroes)

- No idea if Tobin comes with any new weapons or skills.

- Special maps based on the Heroes owned by Kotaro Yamada (the illustrator of Hasha no Tsurugi), in the vein of Yusuke Kozaki's maps from a few weeks ago, are coming soon

- Chapter 12 is coming soon, seems like it'll be focusing on Bruno (don't have a title for it, only a currently-unused Chain Challenge menu image which shows Bruno alongside Celica (i.e. chapter 11)

- New skills:
-- Phantom Speed 1, which counts your speed as being 5 higher than it actually is for skills that involve speed in their calculations (e.g. Windsweep)
-- Squad Ace A, which is basically HP +3

- Log-in bonuses are back

- Tempest Trials dialogue:
Start of the Tempest Trials:

Faye: Alm! Oh, I'm so glad you're safe. You're not hurt, are you?
Alm: No, I'm fine. But what was that? Some sort of earthquake?
Clair: I have no idea. From the sky, it looked like the whole continent was splitting in two... It looked like the end of the world.
Alm: Let's search for everyone else. They're probably worried.
"Marth": To worry for your friends even in such a desperate situation... You are the ray of hope I seek.
Alm: Huh?
"Marth": You are Alm, another Hero-King and wielder of the Falchion, are you not?
Alm: And you are?
"Marth": Marth... My name is Marth. Heed my words, Heroes from the World of Shadows. The calamity that split your world... was caused by the Tempest. If you lend me your strength, we can restore your land.

After the Tempest Trials:

Alm: The Tempest seems to be getting weaker.
"Marth": Your Falchion cut through its chaos. However, we are only half-done. Your world's gods have given Valentia two faces. I must seek her out... the other Hero. Your counterpart.
Alm: You mean... her?
"Marth": The Celica we just fought is from another world. You could consider her just one possibility... Now that she's free from the Tempest, she should be back to normal and in her own world. However, the Celica of legend—the Celica you know—is fighting the Tempest as we speak. I must go to her aid.
Alm: Wait! Celica is my friend. Ever since we were children... Protecting her is my responsibility. I'm coming with you.
"Marth": Hmm... It is said that the Falchion is a blade forged from the fang of a divine dragon. So together we possess two fangs... That's surely enough to cleave the Tempest's chaos. Let us go.

"The Celica we just fought - is she going to be the final boss this time?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Cleared the Trials of the Sword

Disappointed there was no desert sequence with a Molduga boss...but it was pretty fun either way but as far as challenge goes it's not nearly as bad as Twilight Princess's Cave of Ordeals with it's Four Darknuts at the end...

The fact they actually give you six ancient arrows made some levels easier than they should've been, and if you're smart you'll have plenty of fairies and weapons to deal with pretty much anything anyways...Only had an issue in the final levels because apparently I suck at timing for the Guardian's lasers...one cheeky guardian shot me again immediately after breaking one of my shields and wasted one of my fairies...

Of course after clearing the Trials of the Sword I went ham with the Master Sword beating the crap out of it to see if it'll break or how long it'll last and while it did break eventually it did take quite a bit of a beating before it did...basically at this point there's no reason not to use the Master Sword if it hasn't broken yet...and then I have ten minutes to use all of the other weapons I have...

And found like 20 more Koroks thanks to the Korok mask and the Hero's Path feature...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
welp i decided to prove that the summr banner is a trap by blowing 65 orbs on it i got a bunch of 4 star trash 2 3 star trash and 1 5 star....hawkeye....who is trash

Tldr dont spend orbs on trap banners which is EVERY banner that isnt the chose your hero legends banner
Huh I did the same and got Summer Tikie, Summer Robin and 2 Summer Gaius'.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Death Blow is pretty neat, though. I'd like a 5* Hawkeye very much, so I can finish off my Brave Axe +Atk Cherche. If only you could sacrifice Alfonse for skill inheritance.

Speaking of which, I had to try and salvage him in a hurry just so I could drag my arena scores above the 680 point mark. Every point counts if I want to stand a chance of making tier 20 next season. Gave him a Brave Sword+ and Drag Back, so it's basically the same idea as Cherche. (Still need some more SP to round out the missing skills, but you get the idea.)

If this works and I do manage to make tier 20, though, I'll 5* him first thing next Tuesday. If not, straight back on the bench he goes.

The Squad Assault ended up being much easier than it was made up to be, I thought. You don't even need 20 maxed-out units to get by, on stuff like the first map you only need two or three solid units and can throw in some level 1 filler units just to make up the spots. Useful if you don't have 20 strong units yet. You do need to have all 20 units survive, though, so if you bring filler units make sure to keep them out of harm's way. You can at least preview maps before starting them, so that helps.

Other stuff I found while datamining:
- Tobin's art:
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/File:FEH_Tobin_01.png
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/File:FEH_Tobin_02.png
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/File:FEH_Tobin_02a.png
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/File:FEH_Tobin_03.png

- Tobin's dialogue: https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Tobin/Quotes_(Heroes)

- No idea if Tobin comes with any new weapons or skills.

- Special maps based on the Heroes owned by Kotaro Yamada (the illustrator of Hasha no Tsurugi), in the vein of Yusuke Kozaki's maps from a few weeks ago, are coming soon

- Chapter 12 is coming soon, seems like it'll be focusing on Bruno (don't have a title for it, only a currently-unused Chain Challenge menu image which shows Bruno alongside Celica (i.e. chapter 11)

- New skills:
-- Phantom Speed 1, which counts your speed as being 5 higher than it actually is for skills that involve speed in their calculations (e.g. Windsweep)
-- Squad Ace A, which is basically HP +3

- Log-in bonuses are back

- Tempest Trials dialogue:
Start of the Tempest Trials:

Faye: Alm! Oh, I'm so glad you're safe. You're not hurt, are you?
Alm: No, I'm fine. But what was that? Some sort of earthquake?
Clair: I have no idea. From the sky, it looked like the whole continent was splitting in two... It looked like the end of the world.
Alm: Let's search for everyone else. They're probably worried.
"Marth": To worry for your friends even in such a desperate situation... You are the ray of hope I seek.
Alm: Huh?
"Marth": You are Alm, another Hero-King and wielder of the Falchion, are you not?
Alm: And you are?
"Marth": Marth... My name is Marth. Heed my words, Heroes from the World of Shadows. The calamity that split your world... was caused by the Tempest. If you lend me your strength, we can restore your land.

After the Tempest Trials:

Alm: The Tempest seems to be getting weaker.
"Marth": Your Falchion cut through its chaos. However, we are only half-done. Your world's gods have given Valentia two faces. I must seek her out... the other Hero. Your counterpart.
Alm: You mean... her?
"Marth": The Celica we just fought is from another world. You could consider her just one possibility... Now that she's free from the Tempest, she should be back to normal and in her own world. However, the Celica of legend—the Celica you know—is fighting the Tempest as we speak. I must go to her aid.
Alm: Wait! Celica is my friend. Ever since we were children... Protecting her is my responsibility. I'm coming with you.
"Marth": Hmm... It is said that the Falchion is a blade forged from the fang of a divine dragon. So together we possess two fangs... That's surely enough to cleave the Tempest's chaos. Let us go.

"The Celica we just fought - is she going to be the final boss this time?
Based on the ending dialogue for the Tempest Trial...

It sounds like Lucina is basically the Nick Fury to Alm's Tony Stark.

:p

Ivander

Smash Legend
So I've been looking at some things:
-Besides 72 Orbs for Lunatic, if you do all of the Normal and Hard Chain Challenges, you get 21600 Hero Feathers altogether. 7200 for Normal and 14400 for Hard.
-If you are using a low-level character on an Story Map that you've beaten, defeating a Level 40 Lunatic character gives 300 EXP rather than 200. If you have a character defeat 4 enemies, you get 1200 EXP altogether. I tested this with a Red Sword character on Paralogue 4 Part 1.
-So Staff EXP has increased ALOT. Before, if a Healer healed without any Specials, they got 180 EXP. If you heal now without any specials, you get 600 EXP. With Specials every 2nd turn before Patch, a healer got around 222 EXP. After Patch, my healer got 740 EXP. Basically, healers are going to level up very fast now.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's a D pad.

If it hurts you, that's on you.
Or maybe, just maybe...
A 3D game shouldn't use a D-Pad as it makes precise controls near impossible
Huh. Power Rangers DVDs has been selling like hot cakes, more than Beauty and the Beast and Jon Wick. In terms of rentals they've been selling more than Logan too. The movie's not even out yet in Japan, who used recognizable VAs for the movie too. Pleeeaaaaaase mean a sequel.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I did it. I got the platinum trophy for all 3 Crash games.

Now I'm off to do the Crash dance for a few hours in celebration.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
So this 3ds rpg maker is gonna have like dlc or something eventually? Looks that way atleast.
I wish the rpg maker had more options for enemies and characters and stuff.

It's kinda expensive for what it is, and all it is doing is making me want to get a laptop to get a real rpg maker.
There's a good amount of RPG Maker dlc actually, just not released on the NA server yet for unknown reasons.
In Europe they had all the dlc released near launch, it was all half off for the first 2 weeks, and they had about 4 free dlc packs. It'll probably be the same in NA...whenever NIS gets it up.

A good amount of screens for the dlc can be found over here.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The Universe Survival arc keeps getting lit.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I found something weird on my Switch... or I maybe shouldn't say weird but hear me out
I remember I was playing my Cave Story+ yesterday and I didn't play too long, I stopped playing when my Switch battery was around 86% and shut its power off. I didn't charge it at all, today I open my Switch and the battery was at 99%, it wasn't the battery present bug since I put it into sleep mode for a while and reopen it it was still around 98%. So that made me wonder, the Switch can charge Joy Con when it is opened, can the Joy Cons charge the console itself when it is shutdown?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Anime fans: "SJWS have gone too far, they touched Dragon Maid and are turning anime into SJW propaganda!"
Actual anime in the 1980's:

Sailor Moon was ahead of it's time
So since I am a fan of Dragon Maid. I searched to see what you were talking about and....

Yeah, some peoples are really T R I G G E R E D.

But hey, I'm not going to go deeply into SJW stuff this time. I learned my lesson and I'm not fully awaken yet, so, it kinda suck I guess?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I realised Sakura was part of the Arena bonus characters so I threw her in there and did a run and managed to shoot up to top 200 in my tier easily.

I can still improve upon this since there were two matches where I played very badly but just managed to clutch it with one character left.

I also need to hope for some Defense results. I'll put Sakura in that team too.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
The dub made a patriarchy joke about that one character with the gigantic breasts, something about society forcing the character to cover up before being begged not to by the same people.
This very same dub used the word cuckold too btw
get "better" when you find out the dub writer voiced the character who did the patriarchy joke...

Chrono.

The dub made a patriarchy joke about that one character with the gigantic breasts, something about society forcing the character to cover up before being begged not to by the same people.
Oh

I thought this'd be about the dub making Kobayashi straight.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did another pull in FE Heroes.

I didn't get Alm, but I got something that might be just as good.

Looks like my 4-Star Chrom won't be needing my Feathers. :p

Screenshot_20170705-103310.png

Chrom's physical tankiness could be really useful in all of the new modes too.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh

About this.

Dub didn't make her straight. She's "straight" in the Japanese version too.

In Japan, saying "but we're both girls" is essentially implying that there's no interest in the opposite sex. We, as westerners don't get that, but in Japanese culture, the implication is there.

It was essentially the same objection just phrased differently.

D

Deleted member

Or maybe, just maybe...
A 3D game shouldn't use a D-Pad as it makes precise controls near impossible
Huh. Power Rangers DVDs has been selling like hot cakes, more than Beauty and the Beast and Jon Wick. In terms of rentals they've been selling more than Logan too. The movie's not even out yet in Japan, who used recognizable VAs for the movie too. Pleeeaaaaaase mean a sequel.
You're one of those people who complain about Mario 64DS, aren't ya?
Anime fans: "SJWS have gone too far, they touched Dragon Maid and are turning anime into SJW propaganda!"

Sailor Moon sure was a FAMILY anime, considering all the stuff they put in without caring like the COUSINS
The subs already used it though
Screenshot_2017-06-19-21-10-01.png

And it's actually accurate considering she calls Kobayashi a "netorare"
Oh

Kobayashi is straight tho? I mean, I've only seen the first two eps but she denied all of Tohru's advances.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Kobayashi is straight tho? I mean, I've only seen the first two eps but she denied all of Tohru's advances.
She ends up being more open to Tohru and at least loves her platonically and as a member of the family.

Whether or not that expands to romance or sexual feelings is up to debate. The show doesn't touch on that aspect. Kobayashi's ultimate realization is how much she loves having Tohru around and how the dragons have changed her life for the better.

That said, she does start off completely rejecting Tohru's advances and for the most part continues to do so throughout the series, though that could be because Tohru can be freaking weird with her advances.

D

Deleted member

, though that could be because Tohru can be freaking weird with her advances.
What do you mean you don't want her to wash your clothes for you? Or to vore eat her tail?
4feb0ab4-e512-42d0-ba03-89e4998be29c.gif

Besides, this series would have taken a very different turn if she did like Tohru that way

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Today I watched Spiderman: Homecoming, Taiwan's release date is three days earlier than US.
Not gonna spoil anything for now, but I have to say Vulture in this movie is by far one of my most favorite Marvel villain along with Loki. When it comes to respect I respect Vulture the most.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Sailor Moon? Pretty sure that's Dirty Pair.

Oh, I found out Ghast doesn't like Ike or Path of Radiance. Considering how people take his word as gospel, I can already imagine how much **** will start with the old fans, and the elitist part of the fandom isn't even in the wrong for once
If the fandom is that blind I'm glad I mostly keep to myself. Though it doesn't help that PoR is the most expensive title in the series...HDremasterplease

D

Deleted member

Oh, I found out Ghast doesn't like Ike or Path of Radiance. Considering how people take his word as gospel, I can already imagine how much **** will start with the old fans, and the elitist part of the fandom isn't even in the wrong for once
I don't know where you've been but I have not seen a "cult" of Ghast anywhere.
The closest he has to that are Gaiden memes but we all know memes rule society
Sailor Moon? Pretty sure that's Dirty Pair.

If the fandom is that blind I'm glad I mostly keep to myself. Though it doesn't help that PoR is the most expensive title in the series...HDremasterplease
Today in "Gwen should check her sources"

Also, seeing the article and how it's set in the future, this makes me like the scene even more. I can't count how many futuristic stories set in 21xx and beyond want me to believe society is still heteronormative.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hm, so it looks like LaD+Brave Axe Legion will work for the Arena this season.

Also, somehow there's a bunch of new modes and I didn't know about them! :o

Hooray for more free orbs.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People don't automatically "take his word at gospel," or at least not from what I've seen. He's pretty well respected in the community, but not worshipped. He's allowed to have opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom