• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
lol WWE jokes at SGDQ. TITUS INTERNATIONAL GOING CRAZY URAH URAH URAH

So I wound up doing that Gamestop trade in thing today after all the trade in value drops. . .

I just made $432 in one day!
Bought a pro controller, a carrying case, and ARMS all in a row and still have like $230
Today was a good day
nice now preorder mario, splatoon, fe warriors and ultra moon

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, happy Tuesday everyone, I think I should quote M.Bison here but I think we all get the point

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is my first 4th of July living in America, and let me just say you guys are truly nuts. xP

Then again I was the one who thought it'd be funny to wear my Canada shirt today. :troll:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
T. Rex gets the last laugh. Apparently one of the advisors for that movie fancied that T. Rex was a scavenger which turned out to be false, meanwhile Spino is actually a short-legged fish eater instead of really standing taller than T. Rex.

I think there's bigger Rexes IIRC, but since they all look like T. Rex anyway you pretty much have to go the Indominus route to actually get something more impressive to wave around for a blockbuster all science considered.
They should Goldblum into a dinosaur. That'd be impressive
They made up for it in Jurassic World. Old Rexy plowed through that Spinosaurus skeleton when she was released.
That scene was so good. Watching that scene is great

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This is my first 4th of July living in America, and let me just say you guys are truly nuts. xP

Then again I was the one who thought it'd be funny to wear my Canada shirt today. :troll:
Why would anyone care what you are wearing, today is americas day
The ending of the new AVGN episode is pretty great
You watched that too? That episode had some good editing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

T. Rex gets the last laugh. Apparently one of the advisors for that movie fancied that T. Rex was a scavenger which turned out to be false, meanwhile Spino is actually a short-legged fish eater instead of really standing taller than T. Rex.

I think there's bigger Rexes IIRC, but since they all look like T. Rex anyway you pretty much have to go the Indominus route to actually get something more impressive to wave around for a blockbuster all science considered.
Hmm? By rexes do you mean other large theropods?(Because Rex is definitely the biggest Tyrannosaur.) Giganotosaurus is slightly longer and taller.(Depending on the indivual. Same goes for its very close relative Carcharodontosaurus) But it's not nearly as robust as T. Rex.

Just taking a look of the heads of both shows how different they are. Top being Carcharodontosaurus the bottom being Tyrannosaurus.

It may look like Carcharodontosaurus is more imposing due to the longer snout and more teeth. But really T-Rex was a much more advanced and powerful predator. Unlike Carcharo who could only see you with one eye and had a huge blindspot(it likely had to rely mostly on other senses, but T. Rex also had amazing senses other than eyesight), Tyrannosaurus likely had the greatest vision of any animal. The clarity of its vision was 13x times greater than a human's, an eagle's is 8 for comparison. And here's a comparison of a T. Rex's field of view compared to ours.

Then on top of that, unlike most theropods like Carchara which had razor sharp teeth meant for cutting through flesh, T Rex's jaws were built for crushing, it had a bite force of around 8,000 pounds.

TBH, Indominus is visually interchangeable with most other large theropods aside from it having much longer arms and special abilities.

But the funny thing about T. Rex is that the actual animal is a lot deadlier than the more monster-like movie one.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So I just listened to more of the Stardust Crusaders dub, Hol Horses' voice is pretty sick, though I expected more of an accent tbh.

I can't wait until...

The Avdol shenanigans happen, along with people's reactions to it :laugh:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm gonna go celebrate my freedom by playing Wolfenstein the New Order and killing me some goddamn Nazis

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
welp i decided to prove that the summr banner is a trap by blowing 65 orbs on it i got a bunch of 4 star trash 2 3 star trash and 1 5 star....hawkeye....who is trash

Tldr dont spend orbs on trap banners which is EVERY banner that isnt the chose your hero legends banner

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I just listened to more of the Stardust Crusaders dub, Hol Horses' voice is pretty sick, though I expected more of an accent tbh.

I can't wait until...

The Avdol shenanigans happen, along with people's reactions to it :laugh:
It still wasn't as dank as the OVA dub's take on the scene. "What's that? I can beat your bum? Oh you're into that stuff!"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When you finally overloaded your cabinet with cars and now looks like your average Daytona wreck.
Screenshot_2017-07-04-19-06-22.png

Dang Flea Market.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Hey guys, I'm hoping you guys are having a great July 4th!

Well, they're not wrong.

-------

Speaking of Final Fantasy, who knew the series creator had such patrician tier taste?

Not surprised he says IX, I remember him saying that was his favorite out of the ones he made and I don't think any of the newer ones would sway that opinion.

He's still wrong though, the true best is V.

Hmm? By rexes do you mean other large theropods?(Because Rex is definitely the biggest Tyrannosaur.) Giganotosaurus is slightly longer and taller.(Depending on the indivual. Same goes for its very close relative Carcharodontosaurus) But it's not nearly as robust as T. Rex.

Just taking a look of the heads of both shows how different they are. Top being Carcharodontosaurus the bottom being Tyrannosaurus.

It may look like Carcharodontosaurus is more imposing due to the longer snout and more teeth. But really T-Rex was a much more advanced and powerful predator. Unlike Carcharo who could only see you with one eye and had a huge blindspot(it likely had to rely mostly on other senses, but T. Rex also had amazing senses other than eyesight), Tyrannosaurus likely had the greatest vision of any animal. The clarity of its vision was 13x times greater than a human's, an eagle's is 8 for comparison. And here's a comparison of a T. Rex's field of view compared to ours.

Then on top of that, unlike most theropods like Carchara which had razor sharp teeth meant for cutting through flesh, T Rex's jaws were built for crushing, it had a bite force of around 8,000 pounds.

TBH, Indominus is visually interchangeable with most other large theropods aside from it having much longer arms and special abilities.

But the funny thing about T. Rex is that the actual animal is a lot deadlier than the more monster-like movie one.
If I may ask, do you have a background in Geology/Paleontology? You're very knowledgeable about the subject of Dinosaurs and it's always very interesting to read what you have to say about them.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Hey guys, I'm hoping you guys are having a great July 4th!

Not surprised he says IV, I remember him saying that was his favorite out of the ones he made and I don't think any of the newer ones would sway that opinion.

He's still wrong though, the true best is V.

If I may ask, do you have a background in Geology/Paleontology? You're very knowledgeable about the subject of Dinosaurs and it's always very interesting to read what you have to say about them.
just gonna point out he said nine not four, now as we all know the best ff is 3 because it was the last not atb ff that didnt have a main character you hated (atb is garbage)

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I have the platinum trophies for Crash 2 and 3 and all that's left to do in 1 is the time trials. The High Road relic is really testing my patience because of how ****ed the turtle's hurtboxes are.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Little upset: I went to address off the party I was invited but nothing was there. I called my friend and no response. He said it was all day too.

I hope I didn't get the wrong day...

D

Deleted member

I've just graduated in highschool.

Paleontology has always been a HUGE interest of mine since I was a kid. Being a paleontologist is pretty much a dream job of mine.

But currently I'm looking into the stable and simple paths. Paleontology is something I'll always consider though..

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I haven't lost a single Advanced Arena match in FE Heroes since I got my new assault team formed. And I haven't even finished building the characters in question yet.

I seem to be sitting snugly in the Top 10% right now (Tier 12 or 13 IIRC). I could fall out but I can't seem to push my high score much higher right now. I should really look into getting the Askr Trio up to snuff so I can use them in the Arena. I also never get defense points anymore. I did try changing my defense team up though so hopefully I see results in the morning.

Never thought I'd get into the Arena again, but turns out all you need is a solid team for it, lol.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The update for FE Heroes is out!

The final arena in the Tempest Trials is Berkut's map. :D

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just be sure to check the Google Play Store for that FE Heroes update.

Chain Challenge and Squad Assault are also available under the Story Mode section.

I'm gonna wait until morning before I play much of it, since the Daily Login bonus will have me near a pull after one or two missions or something.

Chrono.

May download FE Heroes again now that I have space.

But already have my hands full with DBZ Dokkan Battle and Love Live.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Beat the second boss in Persona 5.

There's something really satisfying about defeating a boss in an RPG.

I'm still liking the game quite a bit, it's been smooth sailing for the most part.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So this 3ds rpg maker is gonna have like dlc or something eventually? Looks that way atleast.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The amount of people who want Merric kicked from the five star Hero pool is kind of sad. Merric did nothing wrong, I say.

As far as I'm concerned if he has a legendary weapon or is incredibly plot important, he can stay. And hey look, Excalibur. Poor Eliwood though. Main lord with a legendary weapon, and he literally can't be pulled at five stars...

Please demote Genny to four stars so I can get her, IS.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just learned that a FIFTH Dr. Mario prototype ROM for the NES exists.

Don't see anything worthwhile compared to the others, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom