• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>tfw Argos stores in the UK/Ireland are already selling early copies of N. Sane Trilogy, no questions asked, meaning you could get the game tomorrow morning and play it early, but you literally just pre-ordered a digital copy and the game is literally installed on your PS4 but you can't play it

IMG_20170629_005915.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So in light of two more characters getting hinted at, I've decided to update my Fire Emblem Warriors prediction roster. Note, of course, that this doesn't include OCs. I arbitrarily decided each of the three games will get seven characters each.

Confirmed: Rowan, Lianna, Marth, Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma, and Xander.

Tiki (amiibo), Robin (Collectors Edition Sprite), Lissa (Collectors Edition Sprite)

Shadow Dragon: Caeda, Merric, Draug, Camus, Gharnef

Caeda is incredibly important and easily the most likely Pegasus Knight, and most likely Shadow Dragon character that isn't already confirmed.
Merric is decently important (Marth's best friend and later brother in law, as well as the basis for the entire series's mage designs) and wields wind magic with Excalibur.
Draug is unimportant, but is on here to give a playable armored hero and general class archetype. It also helps that he of all people was in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
Camus has his own archetype and is incredibly recurring, and gives us a mounted lancer.
Gharnef is there for a true villain for Shadow Dragon, since I doubt they'd do Medeus.
Honorable Mention to Linde, Minerva, and Jagen.

Awakening: Lucina, Frederick, Tharja, Gangrel

Lucina might be another sword unit, but her popularity and the fact that she has an amiibo that can be supported basically guarantee her in my eyes.
Frederick is very important to Awakening compared to other characters, and the fact that Great Knights can use swords, axes, and lances lets us have a mounted axe user. He's popular to boot.
Tharja's here because, even though we have Gharnef for a dark mage and she's not important to Awakening at all, she's immensely popular. Tecmo Koei also loves their T&A.
Gangrel is there for an Awakening villain. He uses a Levin Sword, though they COULD retcon him into a dagger user. It'd make a dagger user playable, and fit with Gangrel's sadistic nature and the fact that Tricksters promote from Thieves.

Honorable mention goes to Virion and Sumia for importance (and in Virion's case, IS loves promoting him, like in TMS and Heroes), and Cordelia and Gaius for popularity. They could also opt for Walhart over Gangrel, but I doubt it.

Fates: Takumi, Camilla, Azura, Garon

Takumi is easily the most likely archer. Incredibly popular and important, and archers are confirmed to be in the game.
Camilla is incredibly popular, gives another axe user, and gives a playable Wyvern Rider. See Tharja for two other big reasons. Sorry Leo.
Azura gives a dancer/songstress class, can waterbend, and is incredibly important to Fates.
Garon gives Fates a villain and gives the roster a non-mounted axe user.

Honorable mention goes to...well, honestly, I think these are bar none the seven likeliest Fates characters. I guess Elise and Felicia because mounted healer and daggers?

I'm fairly confident in this. If it isn't seven per game, my honorable mentions are, of course, who I feel are next in line. What do you think?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So in light of two more characters getting hinted at, I've decided to update my Fire Emblem Warriors prediction roster. Note, of course, that this doesn't include OCs. I arbitrarily decided each of the three games will get seven characters each.

Confirmed: Rowan, Lianna, Marth, Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma, and Xander.

Tiki (amiibo), Robin (Collectors Edition Sprite), Lissa (Collectors Edition Sprite)

Shadow Dragon: Caeda, Merric, Draug, Camus, Gharnef

Caeda is incredibly important and easily the most likely Pegasus Knight, and most likely Shadow Dragon character that isn't already confirmed.
Merric is decently important (Marth's best friend and later brother in law, as well as the basis for the entire series's mage designs) and wields wind magic with Excalibur.
Draug is unimportant, but is on here to give a playable armored hero and general class archetype. It also helps that he of all people was in Tokyo Mirage Sessions.
Camus has his own archetype and is incredibly recurring, and gives us a mounted lancer.
Gharnef is there for a true villain for Shadow Dragon, since I doubt they'd do Medeus.
Honorable Mention to Linde, Minerva, and Jagen.

Awakening: Lucina, Frederick, Tharja, Gangrel

Lucina might be another sword unit, but her popularity and the fact that she has an amiibo that can be supported basically guarantee her in my eyes.
Frederick is very important to Awakening compared to other characters, and the fact that Great Knights can use swords, axes, and lances lets us have a mounted axe user. He's popular to boot.
Tharja's here because, even though we have Gharnef for a dark mage and she's not important to Awakening at all, she's immensely popular. Tecmo Koei also loves their T&A.
Gangrel is there for an Awakening villain. He uses a Levin Sword, though they COULD retcon him into a dagger user. It'd make a dagger user playable, and fit with Gangrel's sadistic nature and the fact that Tricksters promote from Thieves.

Honorable mention goes to Virion and Sumia for importance (and in Virion's case, IS loves promoting him, like in TMS and Heroes), and Cordelia and Gaius for popularity. They could also opt for Walhart over Gangrel, but I doubt it.

Fates: Takumi, Camilla, Azura, Garon

Takumi is easily the most likely archer. Incredibly popular and important, and archers are confirmed to be in the game.
Camilla is incredibly popular, gives another axe user, and gives a playable Wyvern Rider. See Tharja for two other big reasons. Sorry Leo.
Azura gives a dancer/songstress class, can waterbend, and is incredibly important to Fates.
Garon gives Fates a villain and gives the roster a non-mounted axe user.

Honorable mention goes to...well, honestly, I think these are bar none the seven likeliest Fates characters. I guess Elise and Felicia because mounted healer and daggers?

I'm fairly confident in this. If it isn't seven per game, my honorable mentions are, of course, who I feel are next in line. What do you think?
As long as I get HD Tharja and Ike dlc potential I'm sold.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
At the very least, please PM NonSpecifcGuy the site/link whatever if somebody has an answer for him.

That said, let's stop the rom talk now please. And yes, I agree that wasn't a good idea. I am aware that you can't find the game anywhere, so of course it'd be silly to act like you're trying to break some law(albeit, the site rules are a different thing, regardless of the fact it's unavailable legally any other way).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
At the very least, please PM NonSpecifcGuy the site/link whatever if somebody has an answer for him.

That said, let's stop the rom talk now please. And yes, I agree that wasn't a good idea. I am aware that you can't find the game anywhere, so of course it'd be silly to act like you're trying to break some law(albeit, the site rules are a different thing, regardless of the fact it's unavailable legally any other way).
I thought talking about roms wasnt even in the sites rules
* shrugs*

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Did anyone even talk about it recently?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, I just ran into Arsty Omni on Ranked...He uses Min Min....he has good taste...

Had some good matches, he did take a few games on me but I took the majority of the fights...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man that new Star Vs. Promo drops two huge massive lore points for the special!

It's looking really good and should be massive! I can't wait!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Literally this very page. :p
You mean last page. What a time for a page topper. XD

Anyway, I do wish there were more translation projects as is. I'd love a proper one of Eltale Monsters, if only cause it has sooooooo much more to it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wow, this Star Fox comic made a Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band joke with General Pepper (when he was a Sgt.)

Also, there's a part where :4falco: knocks out :4fox: by beating the **** out of him to stop him from doing a crazy plan.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
TPCi has just revealed details regarding this year's Pokemon World Championships. The event is from August 18-20, and we also have our glimpse at this year's Worlds art:

We have Pikachu drinking from a coconut.

And Passimian in the background. Two scenarios:

Passimian: "Oooo, a new ball. Gimme gimme!"

Or:

Passimian: "I'm thirsty after my tough rugby game. Give me that drink!"

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
But it is technically against site rules to ask for links to ROMs/emulators period and it does come off as a bit sketchy if a mod can suddenly do just that because they feel they have a personal justification for it.
I wasn't necessarily asking for links. I agree it was a bad idea for me to ask here but I was genuinely only curious. And it wasn't necessarily a personal justification, it was just my reasoning for using it but that was bad on me I suppose. I really, honestly, didn't expect such a negative response from everyone. I thought it was only a harmless question.

It really is truth that more people notice your **** ups more than they notice anything productive or inspiring you do. It was a question of interest and curiosity that I should have kept to myself and for that I apologize.
Wait
Why?
There's nothing really wrong with emulators
Just not really a fan. I'm totally cool with them if the game is near impossible to get but if it's readily available for like $5 then just why? I understand if you just want to try it out but it you play through the entire game it's just kind of ****ty when someone worked hard to make that game. I feel the same about pirating movies and emulators are in some ways a form of piracy.

Sorry Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth . Didn't see your post since I was in the middle of typing this.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I make sure to buy the games that I intend to emulate, at the very least. Well, hacks I can't "buy" anyway, but yeah. Sometimes you need the emulator to do specific codes/prevent constant freezing from overheating. Regardless, I own all those games. I'm not that kind of guy.

...Now if only I could find all the anime/cartoons I want to watch on Netflix. Makes it very hard to catch up on some things. >.<

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Just not really a fan. I'm totally cool with them if the game is near impossible to get but if it's readily available for like $5 then just why? I understand if you just want to try it out but it you play through the entire game it's just kind of ****ty when someone worked hard to make that game. I feel the same about pirating movies and emulators are in some ways a form of piracy.
I understand seeing it like that. I personally don't really see it that way but eh, opinions. I just think it's a neat way to get free games without shilling out anything. Same with sights that have cartoons on them, why should I shill out for cable when all these shows are available on one website

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wasn't necessarily asking for links. I agree it was a bad idea for me to ask here but I was genuinely only curious. And it wasn't necessarily a personal justification, it was just my reasoning for using it but that was bad on me I suppose. I really, honestly, didn't expect such a negative response from everyone. I thought it was only a harmless question.

It really is truth that more people notice your **** ups more than they notice anything productive or inspiring you do. It was a question of interest and curiosity that I should have kept to myself and for that I apologize.

Sorry Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth . Didn't see your post since I was in the middle of typing this.
Don't worry, I'm not trying to tell you off or anything of the sort. I was just pointing out how it might look to people who might stumble upon the thread.

Nobody thinks you're a worse person for it nor is there anything truly wrong with what you did, it's really just a formality if we're being honest here. The community still loves you man.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I understand seeing it like that. I personally don't really see it that way but eh, opinions. I just think it's a neat way to get free games without shilling out anything. Same with sights that have cartoons on them, why should I shill out for cable when all these shows are available on one website
thats why Kissanime is so popular. You dont have to pay a subscription to watch them and they have a lot.

What game I like to Emulate is Ham ham Heartbreak pff

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Well at least Teen Titans GO isn't this bad. The implications of this are not ok.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
And I have lost my voice to laryngitis.. The only way I can say things as of now is very softly..
Or on forums.

You can even say it loudly on forums, that's what Caps Lock is for.

Seriously though hope you start feeling better soon.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Robertman2 Robertman2 I just fought an Akechi on MK8 online
Pics or it didn't happen
The Persona 5 memes are rising.
[Life Will Change starts playing]
i love this
Thought I saw Robertman2 Robertman2 's avi.

Today I learned that's just the style.
Mine is the same concept with Todd Howard instead of Reggie

D

Deleted member

****ing hell, I hate the Chimerae, I was having a good time until it came and punched me in the ****ing gut.
Having three parties hurts EXP gain a little but I managed to do it after some FOE slaying.
Squad 3 was responsible for this aka Opo, me, Fisher, Swamp and Chiko.
Ailing Slash is still OP, Provoke is bad, Delayed+Cross Charge is bae, Swamp is a death-bringing loli and WHY CAN'T I ****ING HIT BLIND I JUST GOT POISON IN AND HE HAD A ****ING RESISTANCE TO IT.

Squad 1 is struggling, mostly because they don't have much synergy, the damage dealers are failing to deal good damage and only tank is an unreliable dodge tank, maybe I should reclass someone in it.

I'd do this now but it's kinda late here, besides, I have an easy quest in the form of the Ginnungagap BF1 so I might as well do that. Hopefully Alucard will have gotten Ecstasy by the boss
Rick & Morty are coming to Rocket league

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/rick-and-morty-are-coming-to-rocket-league/

So with the Switch version we could have Mario in the same game as Rick & Morty.

Cheers to that, ************

@Muteki Gwen loves that feature.

Add this to the "list of things I didn't know I wanted until it happened"

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom