• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you have someone with Fury, Renewal can help offset the recoil damage from that. Male Corrin makes good use of Fury, so it might work well for him. I think your other units would generally benefit more from other B skills (Nowi makes good use of Sword/Lancebreaker, for example); that said, most units will still find the auto-HP recovery useful, with the exception of Seliph (whose kit depends on him having low HP). Alternatively, you can keep it and put it on someone like a Falchion user if you eventually get one, since it will stack with Falchion's healing as well, and you can turn that unit into a sort of combat medic with Reciprocal Aid.
Even with my bias aside, if you ever plan on making your Chrom a five star unit, Renewal 3 is terrific on him since it stacks with Falchion.

Beyond that, I agree with Moydow and say Corrin works well.
Thanks for the input.

I'm actually pretty close to having 20,000 Feathers again, I'll probably have enough to promote a 4-Star once the current Voting Gauntlet and Arena finish up. Chrom is one of the units I'm considering upgrading, but the only problem with him is that I'm not starved for 5-Star Reds at all, as you can see from my earlier picture, and I have Julia who can sort of fill a similar niche to Falchion users (plus she destroys all of those pesky Reinhardts). I barely have any 5-Star Blues and Greens, so I was considering getting myself another with the Feathers, with Reinhardt looking to be my most likely candidate since Bridal Caeda just hasn't been doing it for me as far as a Blue Tome user goes. M!Robin might also be good pick because he's a tome user with high HP and Def, as well as that skill that gives him weapon advantage against colourless enemies.

As far as Renewal goes, I did give Clair Fury 3, but she's kind of a glass cannon anyway so I'm not sure she'd benefit much from Renewal. I'll hold onto the extra Fae for now anyway.

In any case, I have 20 Orbs saved up right now, so I could pull to see if I get anything that might sway me, but I think I might wait until the Summer banner comes out before I use these Orbs, Feathers, and the spare Fae.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That Izombie finale was actually really interesting.

It felt more like a series finale( likely the case as they want it to be able to continue or end if it doesn't get picked up for season 4), and was written well. The:

whole filmore graves were turning people into zombies to avoid the mass death total from the flu outbreak was really surprising and a good conflicting dynamic. It was nice to see people accept their new life as it saved them in the end. Was really solid. Ravi coming up with a potential vacine at the end and having Liv turn him into a zombie even if he may die was surprising but a sweet moment.

Overall this is one of my favorite episodes and one of the better season finales of a show I've seen.

I'm curious, praline praline what are your thoughts, and any one elses who might watch it.
That episode was amazing.
I wonder if now that Dale is a zombie if Clive will let her scratch him because he loves her. I'm also glad Major is a zombie. I think it must have been Carey Gold who some how found out about the cure and stole it from Ravi's office. I can imagine the tumblr people are probably going wild about Liv and Ravi saying they loved each other. I'm also glad Chase Graves turned out to be a good guy, I was starting to like him.

Also season 4 is a thing they confirmed it last month.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Really hoping Lissa pulls through in this round of the Voting Gauntlet. It's been close so far but I think she can do it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Z25 Z25 I forgot my favourite moment in the finale.

when Chase Graves mentioned how he liked Liv's new look and in the next scene she looked like her old self.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That episode was amazing.
I wonder if now that Dale is a zombie if Clive will let her scratch him because he loves her. I'm also glad Major is a zombie. I think it must have been Carey Gold who some how found out about the cure and stole it from Ravi's office. I can imagine the tumblr people are probably going wild about Liv and Ravi saying they loved each other. I'm also glad Chase Graves turned out to be a good guy, I was starting to like him.

Also season 4 is a thing they confirmed it last month.
I could see Clive become one, or maybe like we see with this season, the next one will have a situation in which clive has no choice but to become one. I wonder why major wasn't offered the chance to be a zombie again last week, he still wanted to stay. It was nice that he was back where he had belonged essentially.

I suppose Carey might have taken it, that would have made sense, although I don't know how she found out about it. Chase was a pretty interesting character, I'm glad his intentions and actions were still pretty good in the end as well. I hope he stays a mainstay in future, which will likely be the case.

And cool season 4, I didn't know about, thanks for telling me. It should be pretty good.

Z25 Z25 I forgot my favourite moment in the finale.

when Chase Graves mentioned how he liked Liv's new look and in the next scene she looked like her old self.
That was pretty good and a nice display f liv's character.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I could see Clive become one, or maybe like we see with this season, the next one will have a situation in which clive has no choice but to become one. I wonder why major wasn't offered the chance to be a zombie again last week, he still wanted to stay. It was nice that he was back where he had belonged essentially.

I suppose Carey might have taken it, that would have made sense, although I don't know how she found out about it. Chase was a pretty interesting character, I'm glad his intentions and actions were still pretty good in the end as well. I hope he stays a mainstay in future, which will likely be the case.

And cool season 4, I didn't know about, thanks for telling me. It should be pretty good.

That was pretty good and a nice display f liv's character.
I don't know who else could have stole to cures.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Everytime I watch something related to Pokemon I remember that I lost my shiny Bewear...

I don't even know how I lost the game cartridge XD

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
He's coming home.

IMG_20170628_215530.jpg

I wanted to get physical but my brother has helped me get access to a lot of games for free, including Horizon: Zero Dawn, and since he loves Crash too, it's only right I pay him back.

Last edited:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

FFV is fun, but right now Bard has one song that only casts regen. Might be a bit screwed here if I dont get a good 4th job. Might play "5th job" since there isnt much worse I can get.

Also lol magic is super strong in the early game

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I'm wanting to try out the Mario Kart Arcade games. I managed to find GP 1 and 2 but I cannot for the life of me find a GP DX rom. Anyone know where I can find one?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still can't believe that the 4th Mario Kart arcade game will have virtual reality.

I wasn't a fan of MK7's first person mode.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Asking for ROMs isnt exactly the best role modeling to be doing as a mod :p
A mod asking for a ROM.

This feels like a trap...
This isn't like I'm asking for a game that I can actually go out and buy. I'm generally curious about these games and these ROMs are the only ****ing way the play the damned things. As much as I hate emulators and people who abuse them I will absolutely turn to them if they're for a game that I will be unable to play otherwise.

D

Deleted member

*mod hat on*
Asking and/or linking to ROMs is against site rules. I don't even want to know what this can entail to a mod doing this.
Please, look for them at your own discretion and if anyone asks how you played Binding Blade, say your uncle got a copy of the original game.
*mod hat off*

Chrono.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/201...Sonic-Forces-for-Nintendo-Switch-1238419.html

Pretty sure I'm late to this, but it's an interesting review regardless.

A TL;DR:
- Once again they say that this is not Generations 2 and that the reason for old or familiar areas is because Eggman has taken over 99% of the world.
- Needless to say this also hints at more reimagined stages and areas.
- Looks like stages that take place in the same area may have different names for different characters. The city for example is called City Heights for Modern Sonic and Park Avenue for the Avatar (SA2 also did this).
- The custom character was basically made due to the huge popularity of OCs (big surprise there)
- They don't go too much into detail on how much how you can customize your character, but they did mention how you can't make a fat cat (in reference to Big) so weight changes are out.
- Forces was made with both Sonic fans and casual gamers in mind, with Mania aimed at the hardcore 16bit era fans.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This isn't like I'm asking for a game that I can actually go out and buy. I'm generally curious about these games and these ROMs are the only ****ing way the play the damned things. As much as I hate emulators and people who abuse them I will absolutely turn to them if they're for a game that I will be unable to play otherwise.
I agree with you and honestly, I don't have a problem with using emulators for old games in general because most of us can't afford to pay inflated prices for them.

But it is technically against site rules to ask for links to ROMs/emulators period and it does come off as a bit sketchy if a mod can suddenly do just that because they feel they have a personal justification for it.

Also for the record, GP DX hasn't been dumped yet as far as I know. It's still pretty recent so it's unlikely someone has gotten their hands on their own private arcade machine to dump it. The game also has DLC so that adds further complications.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
There was a problem fetching the tweet

FFV is fun, but right now Bard has one song that only casts regen. Might be a bit screwed here if I dont get a good 4th job. Might play "5th job" since there isnt much worse I can get.

Also lol magic is super strong in the early game
Bards in FFV are more about support, but they do get a couple good songs eventually. How familiar are you with the game? Enough to know where the songs are? You have been playing every piano you come across, right?

Also, if you think magic is strong now, wait until your mages start mastering their jobs. Nothing quite like dualcasting Flare and nuking stuff.

Last edited:
Bards in FFV are more about support, but they do get a couple good songs eventually. How familiar are you with the game? Enough to know where the songs are? You have been playing every piano you come across, right?

Also, if you think magic is strong now, wait until your mages start mastering their jobs. Nothing quite like dualcasting Flare and nuking stuff.
Never played the game before :p
I've played every Piano i've seen, but I dont know if i've missed any or not.

I wound up finding 2 more songs (stop and charm) by just flying around, so that's nice. Still seems useless since I have terrible luck with statuses.

Dont think i'll bother grinding someone up to learn dualcast with a red mage and then switch them back to black mage haha. 999 AP (or whatever it is)is rough!
WOAH
IS THAT A MOTHER********* SIMPSON REFERENCE
First thing I though of, but I have no idea which came first.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Never played the game before :p
I've played every Piano i've seen, but I dont know if i've missed any or not.

I wound up finding 2 more songs (stop and charm) by just flying around, so that's nice. Still seems useless since I have terrible luck with statuses.

Dont think i'll bother grinding someone up to learn dualcast with a red mage and then switch them back to black mage haha. 999 AP (or whatever it is)is rough!

First thing I though of, but I have no idea which came first.
Simpsons probably. I doibt Simpsons was making a FF reference in the 90s

D

Deleted member

*grinding against FOEs in the 5th floor for the boss*
*Gwen insta-kills the Ragelope on Turn 3*
Oh, okay, not like I had planned a setup or anything, fine, just fine.
Why don't you work when I need you to?

Simpsons probably. I doibt Simpsons was making a FF reference in the 90s
I doubt either is a reference to either.

It's probably just the same joke in different mediums lol.
You can actually buy Mario Kart Arcade GP DX.

It'll cost a few thousand dollars for a cabinet though.
Perfect. I have way too much Gil to spare after needing to grind through the early game. . .now what's the exchange rate of Gil to Dollars?

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
You know, it's really fun finding out about the history of classic games, especially since, sadly, I was not into video games when I was younger. I've been intrigued by the recent reveal of a long lost arcade game from Nintendo, that was never officially released, called Sky Skipper. And from MAME videos I've seen, the best way I can describe it is that it's a hybrid of Donkey Kong and R Type.

Chrono.

So I started playing the Story Mode for Blazblue CPEX today and, Jesus. I had forgotten just how lore and story heavy this series was.

Like, this game is technically the direct sequel to the last BB game I played... But that was in 2011. Add on to that how much side material (light novels, visual novel side games, manga, etc) gets added to the lore and plot and you have a series that's extremely easy to get lost in unless you follow it religiously.

Guilty Gear is kinda similarly complicated but there's nowhere near as much extra material expanding the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom