• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Me: "I want to die, what's the point in living?"
Life: "It's Friday!"
Me: "Yeah, so what?"
Life: "「 I T ' S F R I D A Y」

Seriously, this week's episode was great, nice to see Rohan getting some focus
And, of course, the most important thing from the episode
Screenshot_2016-07-22-20-20-49.png

That nice car in the background

Also, I can't stop laughing at Rohan's face
Screenshot_2016-07-22-20-21-36-1.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Me: "I want to die, what's the point in living?"
Life: "It's Friday!"
Me: "Yeah, so what?"
Life: "「 I T ' S F R I D A Y」

Seriously, this week's episode was great, nice to see Rohan getting some focus
And, of course, the most important thing from the episode
View attachment 112822
That nice car in the background

Also, I can't stop laughing at Rohan's face
View attachment 112823
oh yeah. WE GET ****IN DAVID BOWIEEEEEE

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also, to those worried that network tv would be too light to do Ghost Rider justice, let me just say that Agents of SHIELD has gotten away with a TON of graphic stuff...and now it's getting moved to the 10 pm slot, so they can do even more.

To name a few examples, they had multiple folks outright disintegrate, had one basically-immortal character get vivisected alive, showed Mockingbird getting tortured by having long as hell needles driven under her fingernails, had Lash tear various Inhumans apart, had a villain I won't spoil reduce whole groups of people to bloody skeletons on multiple occasions, and...Tahiti.

I can't even link it here more than likely, but the Tahiti scene was in season one and it's a good example of the kind of things network tv can get away with. I wouldn't worry.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Well guys :4sonic:.
It's time to Open your heart and Live and learn, as we get to see the endless possibilities of what the future holds in His World.
It doesn't matter what they reveal as you will be watching the stream to see a New Venture.
So speak with your heart and reach for the stars, Live Life and be a Sonic Hero.
I regret nothing,

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Double feature reviews: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages.

TMS#FE - WILL be talking about story and such throughout the full game.
Gonna be honest. Far better than I expected. After the mixed feeling out of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth's similar localization and arguable structure and this being the form that SMT x FE became, it actually ended up as a damn good game.

Combat is probably the best I've felt out of the SMT system. Legitimately challenging on a FAIR number of occasions; including the sporadic but always terrifying spawns of Savage Encounters. A bit... too rng based in Duo Arts for being something that is so huge fr your power. God DAMN I love Session Skills as a mechanic and hope it returns. Hell, the entire way that skills were handled in this game is how I PRAY we see in future SMT and Persona stuff... well, SMT5 and P6, given what we've seen out of Final and P5.

Few Fire Emblem mirage designs are ok. Most are honestly GREAT. One of your seven party members has a bad default costume and one has an attrocious one.

I really like the Side Story function, as... basic as it is, and how tied it is into the growth in and out of combat for your party members.

Requests NEEDED A WAY TO TRACK THEM IN-GAME. CHRIST THAT'S A HUGE BLUNDER.

The story honestly never strays too far from the Atlus style for an SMT Spinoff seen in things like Persona or Digital Devil Saga. But it's solid for the most part. Tsubasa's singing in chapter one and the T-R-A-I-N-W-R-E-C-K of Chapter 2 are the two sour spots there, and I'll get into the latter in a moment. But, as bad as it may have been played up near launch, "super saiyan marth" Itsuki and the Opera of Light were HELLA HYPE MOMENTS!

The Fire Emblem side, even with only using FE1/3/11/12 and 13. Did a DAMN good job with references, staying true, and having fun twists with characters. Had me dig out my copy of Shadow Dragon to double check some people they drug back to be bosses.

Honestly, with this, actually thought-provoking puzzles for dungeon navigation at times, and field skills to serve just about every adjustment you'd like... it works out so well.

And, what's been a BIT of an elephant in the room with this game has been over-blown complaints about Censorship. It's stupid. Mostly, it's edits to outfits to make them less revealing and in almost every case it feels like an improvement. There's ONE matter where this is a problem. Chapter 2. Originally, it involves Tsubasa's career pushing her to do a photo shoot, including some of it using a swimsuit which was in itself fairly revealing and her having justifiable axiety around it. In resolution, she puts that kind of fear behind her and accepts the inherent sexuality of feminine charm and damn well tries to own it. This line of photo shoots actually ends up being key to Maiko's backstory with not doing the last of its line before retiring being her one big regret. This all gets ruined when it stops being about, not swimsuits, but something.... provocative, something that can be put as empowering, something that is meant to become a symbol of womanhood. The damn hipster outfit looks stupid on Tsubasa, makes NO sense why she'd be uncomfortable wearing it for a photoshoot to that level, looks even MORE stupid on a woman in her 30s, and is absolutely brainless as to why said woman would long to wear something of that nature again for a photoshoot. GODS.

Also, the game opening and closin with a number of one-on-one focused scenes with characters.... honestly shows the great weakness of emotion showing with the models.

Overall, a damn solid rpg with the localization barely getting in the way. 7/10.

Oracle of Ages
Despite being a game that took around 12 hours all together, probably, I will never replay this game.

This... game just had a number of issues with it.

Screen Crunch. Especially when things can launch projectiles at you from off-screen.

One, is that 1/6th of the heart pieces are 100% RNG. Even when doing everything right, it's raw luck.

The animal friends.... honestly are pointless. You have no purpose for them outside of the 3 times in the game it's scripted to use each one of them once.

Dungeons as a whole.... enemies were annoyances between small puzzle to small puzzle, never really feeling like any threat or challenge. DARKNUTS were just something to get out of the way to stare at what's in the room.

Dungeon 7 is a worse version of OoT's water temple.

Bosses... really felt like gimmicks in most cases. Some of the worse cases of "use dungeon item and win" cases in the series.

THREE TRADING SEQUENCES.

Honestly, after Dungeon... 5, the game's oddly fairly linear in the sense that you just don't have a lot of distance to go. You just get stuck in places doing a task which makes you travel the same set of 10 or less tiles repeatedly until you're allowed to do the dungeon.

The final dungeon is... really lack luster, a few fihts you can all skip, one really simple puzzle, one really annoying once because EVEN WHEN YOU DO IT RIGHT, IT'S 1/4 CHANCE RNG.

Vera was a damn good final boss. So at least it ended on a good enough note.

6/10 and even that I feel may be a bit generous.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
YES.

Ghost Rider's finally gonna make an MCU appearance! Sure, it's basically confirmed to be Reyes as opposed to Blaze, but it's still awesome. Especially since they're using him in AoS.

I was really worried that SHIELD moving To the 10 pm "death slot" was a sign of cancellation, but man, this might help it a lot.

Today is a good day.
Also, to those worried that network tv would be too light to do Ghost Rider justice, let me just say that Agents of SHIELD has gotten away with a TON of graphic stuff...and now it's getting moved to the 10 pm slot, so they can do even more.
Beat me to it, but I'd definitely say the move was so it could fit more violent or "questionable" content so to speak on the show.

I don't watch agents of Shield but I've talked about it with my friend who does here and there. Seeing Ghost Rider come in is pretty cool. I hope that if they don't( or if they do) do a netflix show, that they bring him into the movies. It be nice to see Marvel do a Ghost Rider movie again now that they've gotten better at making super hero movies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
A gym that has a CP 74 Eevee defending it is just begging to be taken over...mind you it had two Vaporeons, CP 230 and 800...but still...took it over despite my strongest being a CP 734 Magmar...

It seems like the 1HP glitch was taken care of meaning my Revives are no longer useless...so that's one less problem with the game...

Also saw a Gym that had a Kangaskhan defending it...a supposedly Australian exclusive...but I guess I can't rule out the possibility of that trainer coming from Australia...It wasn't a wild encounter afterall...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Mushroom Hill
>Now Grand Metropolis

If the next song is from anything between '06 and Colours, I think I know what we're getting for the 25th Anniversary...

Do you know offhand if there's a youtube version of the stream? My iPad can't handle twitch very well, haha.
Didn't think there would be, but it turns out there is!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is quite smart actually.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm fully expecting Mario to show up and crash the party like the Joypolis one.

Maybe this time we'll beat him in football.
Imagine if they were just like:

"Oh Yeah, Mario owns us now, so he's going to hang out at the stream"
lol.

Imagine if they had Mario fight Sonic in the new Olympic games though. Actually that needs to happen.

EDIT:
Now they've got one of my favorite tracks on!

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Can't wait to see what'll be shown off. Like anyone I just hope this game will be just as great Colors and Generations.

Also love the planet wisp music playing. Such a great track.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have no idea what's going on in the Sonic thing but I heard Generations 2 and how do I say this? I got a... [REDACTED]

This is quite smart actually.
I'm pretty sure GO uses the GPS as well to make sure you aren't cheating

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Clement just tweeted out some handy advice:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Clement just tweeted out some handy advice:

I don't even have a very specific expectation for the game.

All I expect is for it to be big and fun to play.

It's the celebration of Sonic's Silver Anniversary, LET ME BE HYPE FOR ONCE CLEMENT :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom