• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
First the NES Mini and now this. . .

Nintendo confirmed to have bought SEGA.
:061:
SEGA have technically been doing these for years. This is just an updated version.

Past iterations were fairly poor, but lets hope this one has more to it.

--------------

A Source Gaming article some might like:

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/07/22/ds-eggman/

I like a lot of the ideas here. Only thing I would really do differently is his victory theme. It should be an excerpt from E.G.G.M.A.N (his theme song in Sonic Adventure 2).

Also maybe have some of his moves involve Badniks.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I want Capcom to make one of those small consoles for fans with so many arcade games and with almost all their fighters on there that they can use.

Also Namco as well but they always use the 80s arcade games instead of of using the 90s as well

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, Netflix show's are about to get incredibly stacked...
We Season 3 now boys!
Luke Cage still looks as good as ever.
The Iron First is edgier than I expected.
And the Netflix Avengers are coming!
And even after all that we still got Jessica Jones Season 2 coming AND The Punisher coming as well. Damn Netflix. Just damn.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
SEGA have technically been doing these for years. This is just an updated version.

Past iterations were fairly poor, but lets hope this one has more to it.

--------------

A Source Gaming article some might like:

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/07/22/ds-eggman/

I like a lot of the ideas here. Only thing I would really do differently is his victory theme. It should be an excerpt from E.G.G.M.A.N (his theme song in Sonic Adventure 2).

Also maybe have some of his moves involve Badniks.
Dr.Eggman is probably my ideal choice for a second Sonic character.

1.) As the article states, he is just as recognizable as Sonic.
2.) The Egg Mobile has a ton of moveset potential.
3.) Mike Pollock

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just saw a video about a dog who had it's face eaten off by maggots, but he was rescued and treated over the course of 3 months, and his face grew back.

Goes to show that even in the most dire situations, you should never give up on a dog and simply decide their fate for them, and go with euthanasia.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Warner Brothers are open to the idea of Disney properties in LEGO Dimensions.
http://gonintendo.com/stories/262021-warner-bros-seems-open-to-the-idea-of-disney-properties-in-lego

I assume Marvel and Star Wars would be the first in line.
Pirates of the Caribbean, as well, especially with the new film out next year.
I'm really hoping Taskmaster is in the Defenders show. Him being the main villain would make so much sense.
Fairly certain it's gonna be...

The war Stick keeps talking about, especially based on the trailer narration. Likely to do with The Hand/Black Sky/Elektra's Ressurection/that big ass hole in the ground.

There are also some theories it might be an altered version of Shadowland.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So, Netflix show's are about to get incredibly stacked...
We Season 3 now boys!
Luke Cage still looks as good as ever.
The Iron First is edgier than I expected.
And the Netflix Avengers are coming!
And even after all that we still got Jessica Jones Season 2 coming AND The Punisher coming as well. Damn Netflix. Just damn.
The fate of new york lies in the hands of a blind man, a felon, an alcoholic, and a hippie.Best comment i seen in a long time

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Finally, my second Guest Article for Sonic week is up on Source Gaming!

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/07/22/social-media-sonic-more-than-a-meme/

In this article, I discuss the current direction of the Sonic Social Media accounts, and what it means for the Sonic brand going forward.

Thanks again to @PushDustIn for inviting me to write for his website, and for helping with editing. It was a real pleasure, and I got to get some of my current thoughts on the Sonic franchise out in a way that can be presented a bit more professionally, with a lot of information to share with others through the resource gathering I did.

I chose this topic because I thought it was incredibly relevant (while the Unleashed article was a tad more personal for me), and thought it would make for a good read in the countdown to the big party that's happening today. Hopefully this inspires some confidence, or at least some thought, as to where Sonic's headed, as we wait to find out everything.

And like before, I ended up making my own custom art. It can't be used on the site but I'm a bit of a Photoshop nerd and I have fun making these!

sourcegaming_article_tab.png

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I want to say I loved that Eggman moveset but I honestly don't. It still feels too close to Bowser Jr. and ultimately makes him feel unoriginal. I still love the support though. Hopefully his supporters grow in numbers by the time Smash 5 rolls up and down and all around.

Also, pardon me for being stupid, but what is a "hackless" version of a mod?

:094:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I want to say I loved that Eggman moveset but I honestly don't. It still feels too close to Bowser Jr. and ultimately makes him feel unoriginal. I still love the support though. Hopefully his supporters grow in numbers by the time Smash 5 rolls up and down and all around.

Also, pardon me for being stupid, but what is a "hackless" version of a mod?

:094:
A hackless version of a mod doesn't require any modifications to your game console to run it.

This is how Smash Wii U modding is done by most people, currently.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Reading NeoGaf was a mistake. It's like people feel as though any game they don't personally love has somehow committed some huge crime against them that it should pay for with it's life.

*sees SourceGaming link*

*follows chain of articles*

Reading SourceGaming article comments was a mistake. It's like people feel as though any character they don't personally love has somehow committed some huge crime against them that they should pay for with their lives.

When people act like this, it doesn't make me warm up to the games and characters they actually do like. Quite the opposite, actually, it makes me associate what they prefer with the concept of people being spiteful jerks. 90's nostalgia in particular brings something utterly hideous out of people.

I wish people could just let other people enjoy things. And if they want something else, then instead of going "LOL this sucks," they would say what it is they really want instead. Instead of saying a game is trash, say what changes would improve it or get you to buy a sequel. Instead of saying a character is trash, just say who it is you wanted so desperately in the game that you would lash out for their sake and leave the other character out of it.

There's a lot of hate in the world. I can feel it's influence seeping into me and I don't like it.

Reading SourceGaming article comments was a mistake. It's like people feel as though any character they don't personally love has somehow committed some huge crime against them that they should pay for with their lives.
:4drmario:Gee :4cloud: where :4feroy:have :4darkpit:I :4ryu: heard :4wiifit:that :4corrin:before:4lucina:

EDIT didn't mean to actually hit reply.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Injustice has received it's justice

BLUE MOTHER****ING BEETLE
Wonder Woman is there too I guess
And with a sweet new design too! :colorful:

There's a lot of hate in the world. I can feel it's influence seeping into me and I don't like it.
Then get away from it all.

Go read a book. Hike a trail, or listen to some music. There's plenty to drown out the hate... you just have to focus your attention elsewhere.

Good luck!

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Goes to show that even in the most dire situations, you should never give up on a dog and simply decide their fate for them, and go with euthanasia.
Am I to assume you find dog lives sacred because you have given no explanation as to why they ought be saved at all costs and instead simply asserted so?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

And Ed tweeted about Killing Joke and Flashpoint before Comic Con.
Master Troll at it again.

Blue Beetle is still ****ing great though. Now we need Booster Gold to go with him.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
:4drmario:Gee :4cloud: where :4feroy:have :4darkpit:I :4ryu: heard :4wiifit:that :4corrin:before:4lucina:

EDIT didn't mean to actually hit reply.
Funny thing was, Wolf was on that list prior to Smash 4's release. And Roy was a huge request in that same time period, like, third after Mewtwo and Mega Man.

Some people are like this towards every single third party character because they feel the entire concept "ruins the purity of Smash."

Others are like this towards Lucario because he "replaced" Mewtwo and because he's not from Generation 1.

Some people hate Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Pit just because they're from series Sakurai has worked on and that makes them "bias."

Some people hate Little Mac because he just punches things. Some people hate Villager because he's not a "real" fighter. Rosalina and Bowser Jr. are caught up in the massive catfight between Mario character supporters. Then there's Jigglypuff who's irrelevant, Mr. Game and Watch as R.O.B. who nobody asked for.

Over half the roster has some clique or other that despises them.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Am I to assume you find dog lives sacred because you have given no explanation as to why they ought be saved at all costs and instead simply asserted so?
I was simply saying that if a dog can survive having it's face eaten off and have it grow back with a enough care and treatment (keep in mind this seemed to be in a pretty rundown place too, it's not like they had the best medical technology or anything), then there's absolutely no reason to resort to euthanasia when they "seem like they're too sick or injured to continue living".

I didn't bring humans up because with humans, when it comes to euthanasia, we get to make our own decision on the matter. Dogs don't, we make the decision for them. And there is no reason for that to be the case if they can, again, survive having their face eaten off. We should just do our best to help them, not immediately go "welp dare seems t'be nuttin' we can doooo, better put 'im to sleep" when they have an injury or illness that's more than minor.

It happens way too often, where dog owners just abandon trying to help their dog because it's too hard. You should fight with them until the end. If dogs are man's best friend, then treat them like you would your best friend of your own race and stay by their side until they can be saved or they can't go on anymore.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Funny thing was, Wolf was on that list prior to Smash 4's release. And Roy was a huge request in that same time period, like, third after Mewtwo and Mega Man.

Some people are like this towards every single third party character because they feel the entire concept "ruins the purity of Smash."

Others are like this towards Lucario because he "replaced" Mewtwo and because he's not from Generation 1.

Some people hate Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Pit just because they're from series Sakurai has worked on and that makes them "bias."

Some people hate Little Mac because he just punches things. Some people hate Villager because he's not a "real" fighter. Rosalina and Bowser Jr. are caught up in the massive catfight between Mario character supporters. Then there's Jigglypuff who's irrelevant, Mr. Game and Watch as R.O.B. who nobody asked for.

Do like me, don't even think about it.
Really, the Internet is like that, if something exist, it's going to be hated for one reason or the others.
So the best thing to do is simple: nothing.

The only thing that people will say is that you are lazy, but that's just fine in the end.:4duckhunt:

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I was simply saying that if a dog can survive having it's face eaten off and have it grow back with a enough care and treatment (keep in mind this seemed to be in a pretty rundown place too, it's not like they had the best medical technology or anything), then there's absolutely no reason to resort to euthanasia when they "seem like they're too sick or injured to continue living".
Which I have acknowledged. Again, MY point is that you've only asserted so and belittled some vague opposing side which would not hold your position. What I'm asking you to do is to clearly and rigorously define your position as to why dogs should be saved at all costs, if that is indeed your position, and to clarify if not (because you certainly implied so with that one post).
I didn't bring humans up because with humans, when it comes to euthanasia, we get to make our own decision on the matter. Dogs don't, we make the decision for them. And there is no reason for that to be the case if they can, again, survive having their face eaten off. We should just do our best to help them, not immediately go "welp dare seems t'be nuttin' we can doooo, better put 'im to sleep" when they have an injury or illness that's more than minor.
Again, you simply deny some vague alternative without stating why they should be saved at all costs. Examples that they can doesn't mean they ought.
It happens way too often, where dog owners just abandon trying to help their dog because it's too hard. You should fight with them until the end. If dogs are man's best friend, then treat them like you would your best friend of your own race and stay by their side until they can be saved or they can't go on anymore.
You cite a popular aphorism and mean it in a literal sense to make a sentimental / emotional argument. I want you to go beyond that, if that wasn't apparent enough.
Note, I might not disagree with you. I want you to think.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

To be fair

ROB was on my dream roster during the mêlée days

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Blue Beetle, huh? That's pretty cool. Don't know much about him, but he looks freaking sick. Still hoping for Deathstroke to return and Red Hood to join the fray.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm happy that Blue Beetle's in Injustice 2.

I'll be even happier if NRS can do something about... this.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Do like him, don't even think about it.
Really, the Internet is like that, if something exist, it's going to be hated for one reason or the others.
So the best thing to do is simple: nothing.

The only thing that people will say is that you are lazy, but that's just fine in the end.:4duckhunt:
I wish I had the presence of mind for this, but unfortunately I usually lack that precious substance known as "chill."

The closest my mind can often grasp is to attempt to reason out the truth of the matter as best I can so that perhaps maybe I can have something to explain to someone out there that might end up being receptive, but even that isn't always easy.

To be fair

ROB was on my dream roster during the mêlée days
Really? That's actually pretty interesting!

A lot of people in the speculative community probably couldn't even fathom that.

What was your reaction when he turned out to be in Brawl?

I think this is a great example of characters that "weren't asked for" being wanted after all. Not that the fact that I remember quite a few Lucina and Dark Pit requests for 4 didn't show that already.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I wish I had the presence of mind for this, but unfortunately I usually lack that precious substance known as "chill."

The closest my mind can often grasp is to attempt to reason out the truth of the matter as best I can so that perhaps maybe I can have something to explain to someone out there that might end up being receptive, but even that isn't always easy.

Really? That's actually pretty interesting!

A lot of people in the speculative community probably couldn't even fathom that.

What was your reaction when he turned out to be in Brawl?

I think this is a great example of characters that "weren't asked for" being wanted after all. Not that the fact that I remember quite a few Lucina and Dark Pit requests for 4 didn't show that already.
Just watch some dank video with dank memes in it and your mind will chill pretty fast.
Because your intelligence will go to 100% to -100%. Which will make that you won't even think about haters and instead you be like:
"Man, dat RKO Outta Nowhere!"
Or something like that, I don't know, all I know is that I am going to bed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom