• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I beat Kirby: Planet Robobot last night... well, particularly story mode.

The final boss was surprisingly much easier than expected, mainly when fighting against Star Dream. I barely took damage during all three Star Dream battles. In fact, I believe I took no damage against the second phase of Star Dream; I didn't use a single "super-charge" attack (it sent out very little debris against me, so I guess that's another reason) during that phase as well.

The final phase wasn't too hard either. All I had to do was to dodge the suction attack in the beginning, dodge the numbers, hit away at its face, take out the gadgets to fuel my meter, fire, rince and repeat (minus the suction attack since it only happens at the very start). After it fired out the number one, I fired away with a fully-charged meter, and I was shocked to see it was over just like that. The final mini-game phase was a bit tense though with all the missiles being fired at you as you tried to unscrew the nail. That final phase was still awesome because Kirby ends up going all Guren Lagan on Star Dream to finish it.

Mecha Knight+ was a decent challenge. I tried to keep my distance using the ESP ability's psychic bubble attack, and there were several moments where I wasn't careful.

The President Haltman battle though... dear lord, I'd say that was the hardest of all the final battle phases IMO. I almost lost a life during that phase, and I didn't have a healing item during it because I used it in the Mecha Knight+ battle. I had little health by the end of it. I had a bit of a hard time to direct my psychic bubble from a large distance because I wasn't used to the 3D proportions of the battlefield. I particularly struggled during the first phase of the fight when he kept firing those Susie bots, which was where much of my health was lowered. The second phase was the only non-3D phase, and while it was still easy to take out the robot he summoned, the diamond attack was a bit hard to dodge properly. By the third phase, he has a new way to using the Susie bots: firing a ton of them at once and having them rain down in a circular pattern. I was lucky enough to be standing in a spot opposite to where they started falling to outrun them. The fourth phase was the easiest phase for me. It was easy to dodge his cube attacks, although it was at this point I was getting really tense since I was low on HP at this point. In the end, all it took was to use ESP Kirby's Down B attack to finish him.

But overall, I'd say all five phases of the final boss were pretty fun. Although I spoiled myself about the final boss in advance, I still think Mecha Knight+ and President Haltman were a good challenge since this was my first time fighting them firsthand (and yes, I beat all five phases of the final boss on my first try). Perhaps if I had Archer Kirby to deal with them, they would've been easier to deal with for me, but they're still fun fights though (the Haltman battle felt pretty intense not just because of the situation I was in, but the music and his laughter throughout it only added to the battle's intensity).

Also, with this Kirby title, I think it's now confirmed that Nova from Super Star is not the only one of its kind. Magolor mentioned that ancient Halcondrans made "clockwork stars," a description that sounds a lot like Nova. Flash forward to Planet Robobot, you have Star Dream, who looks just like Nova when merged with Access Ark. When first presenting Star Dream, President Haltman mentions he has studied "the world's most advanced civilizations" and that Star Dream was merely just "reactivated." Something tells me that he studied the ancient Halcondrans and found Star Dream, one of the "clockwork stars" that Nova is; from there, he simply made a few adjustments and it was working again.

I'll be taking care of The Arena and Meta Knightmare next. I'm especially looking forward to the latter. Meta Knight hype!

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I beat Kirby: Planet Robobot last night... well, particularly story mode.

The final boss was surprisingly much easier than expected, mainly when fighting against Star Dream. I barely took damage during all three Star Dream battles. In fact, I believe I took no damage against the second phase of Star Dream and didn't use a single "super-charge" attack (it sent out very little debris against me, so I guess that's another reason). The final phase wasn't too hard either. All I had to do was to dodge the suction attack in the beginning, dodge the numbers, hit away at its face, take out the gadgets to fuel my meter, fire, rince and repeat (minus the suction attack since it only happens at the very start). After it fired out the number one, I fired away with a fully-charged meter, and I was shocked to see it was over just like that. The final mini-game phase was a bit tense though with all the missiles being fired at you as you tried to unscrew the nail. That final phase was still awesome because Kirby ends up going all Guren Lagan on Star Dream to finish it.

Mecha Knight+ was a decent challenge. I tried to keep my distance using the ESP ability's psychic bubble attack, and there were several moments where I wasn't careful.

The President Haltman battle though... dear lord, I'd say that was the hardest of all the final battle phases IMO. I almost lost a life during that phase, and I didn't have a healing item during it because I used it in the Mecha Knight+ battle. I had little health by the end of it. I had a bit of a hard time to direct my psychic bubble from a large distance because I wasn't used to the 3D promotions of the battlefield. I particularly struggled during the first phase of the fight when he kept firing those Susie bots, which was where much of my health was lowered. The second phase was the only non-3D phase, and while it was still easy to take out the robot he summoned, the diamond attack was a bit hard to dodge properly. By the third phase, he has a new way to using the Susie bots: firing a ton of them at once and having them rain down in a circular pattern. I was lucky enough to be standing in a spot opposite to where they started falling to outrun them. The fourth phase was the easiest phase for me. It was easy to dodge his cube attacks, although it was at this point I was getting really tense since I was low on HP at this point. In the end, all it took was to use ESP Kirby's Down B attack to finish him.

But overall, I'd say all five phases of the final boss were pretty fun. Although I spoiled myself about the final boss in advance, I still think Mecha Knight+ and President Haltman were a good challenge since this was my first time fighting them firsthand (and yes, I beat all five phases of the final boss on my first try). Perhaps if I had Archer Kirby to deal with them, they would've been easier to deal with for me, but they're still fun fights though (the Haltman battle felt pretty intense not just because of the situation I was in, but the music and his laughter throughout it only added to the battle's intensity).

Also, with this Kirby title, I think it's now confirmed that Nova from Super Star is not the only one of its kind. Magolor mentioned that ancient Halcondrans made "clockwork stars," a description that sounds a lot like Nova. Flash forward to Planet Robobot, you have Star Dream, who looks just like Nova when merged with Access Ark. When first presenting Star Dream, President Haltman mentions he has studied "the world's most advanced civilizations" and that Star Dream was merely just "reactivated." Something tells me that he studied the ancient Halcondrans and found Star Dream, one of the "clockwork stars" that Nova is; from there, he simply made a few adjustments and it was working again.

I'll be taking care of The Arena and Meta Knightmare next. I'm especially looking forward to the latter. Meta Knight hype!
Now when you've done that, try true arena. It's monstrous!

And the Magearna movie looks pretty good:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The American nationalism on r/amiibo is absolutely ridiculous.

You make a post for a good deal you spotted on Amazon UK on some amiibo, you tag it with "Online-EUR" tracking tag, and you still get silly Americans going "THIS ISN'T BELOW MSRP IT'S LIKE $16", assuming that I'm making said post for American users.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Yikes! The Soul Heart is going to completely lose power at one point?! I only wonder how will it be recovered, since the Soul Heart is meant to be Magearna's life force.

It looks it won't be a very happy scene either since Meowth is shown crying at one point.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm actually excited for Sonic again? After the drought I didnt think it was possible

Already super promising that they aren't rushing development and are waiting for 2017 instead.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh my god

Someone shared by English Marth VA mod with Yuri Lowenthal on Twitter, and he actually responded!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
2017 Sonic? I don't know what's more shocking, that we're not getting a "major" game this year or that SEGA is not rushing development. I just hope they take this time to plan out the future of the series as to offer more consistency gameplay-wise between titles.

The American nationalism on r/amiibo is absolutely ridiculous.

You make a post for a good deal you spotted on Amazon UK on some amiibo, you tag it with "Online-EUR" tracking tag, and you still get silly Americans going "THIS ISN'T BELOW MSRP IT'S LIKE $16", assuming that I'm making said post for American users.
I wouldn't call that nationalism, I'd call that illiteracy. ;)

$16 isn't that bad though.

I definitely like the Lucario vibes I'm getting from Volcanion. It would be cool if the film hit 90 minutes as the last few have been more like TV specials. With the League starting this week, the manga reaching their climaxes, potential Pokken DLC, Pokemon GO, and news coming on Friday, the next few months will be very good to Pokemon fans.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I've just went to the back of my Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE art book and cried at what I saw.

The director of the game wrote a heartfelt memorial to Satoru Iwata, thanking him for giving them the oppurtunity to speak with them during Iwata's Ask and making the game they've wanted.

May the man rest in piece with much thanks from more members of the gaming industry.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
2017 Sonic? I don't know what's more shocking, that we're not getting a "major" game this year or that SEGA is not rushing development. I just hope they take this time to plan out the future of the series as to offer more consistency gameplay-wise between titles.

I wouldn't call that nationalism, I'd call that illiteracy. ;)

$16 isn't that bad though.

I definitely like the Lucario vibes I'm getting from Volcanion. It would be cool if the film hit 90 minutes as the last few have been more like TV specials. With the League starting this week, the manga reaching their climaxes, potential Pokken DLC, Pokemon GO, and news coming on Friday, the next few months will be very good to Pokemon fans.
It's like it could be around that mark from what we've seen I'm looking forward to it. Volcanion is like Lucario and I like the way he's portrayed.

And this is a very High Quality Rip:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm actually really hyped for fire and ice now, it looks exactly like my kind of Sonic game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've just went to the back of my Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE art book and cried at what I saw.

The director of the game wrote a heartfelt memorial to Satoru Iwata, thanking him for giving them the oppurtunity to speak with them during Iwata's Ask and making the game they've wanted.

May the man rest in piece with much thanks from more members of the gaming industry.
To be honest, hearing that they've did this makes me respect them more. Glad they were abel to take not of the last fond memories they had with him, like talking about how fun their experience was for the game's development.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
It's like it could be around that mark from what we've seen I'm looking forward to it. Volcanion is like Lucario and I like the way he's portrayed.
  • Lucario is in Smash because a movie made him popular.
  • Volcanion is like Lucario in the new movie.
  • Volcanion for Smash?

D

Deleted member

I must remembered it's Summer Sale!
Ace Attorney anime is doing some backstory bull****. jfc get to JFA already
They are wasting one episode on some anime original flashback instead of useing it for a better pacing on Case 4

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
The Sonic anniversary game coming out in 2017 is probably for the best. Yeah it's a shame it won't come out this year, but it at least shows SEGA is serious about quality again.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I bought Twilight Princess HD today!!!(it works yay) I won't start it until I'm done with AC4 and MM 3D, however.

There was Conquest, but Birthright SOLD OUT in 2 stores and I wasn't bothered to go to another area today.

You could order it but that's just effort.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So for the new Pokémon Sun & Moon news on July 1, do you think we'll get stuff that wasn't covered in the CoroCoro reveal?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Gamexplain posted a 25 min discussion on Pokemon Sun/Moon from E3 and I'm just here waiting for my 20 hour analysis and 30 hour discussion of Zelda.

Wuth all the nightmare stories about the advance campaign version of "Kanbei's Error?" I assumed the regular version would suck too. . .it's probably the chapter i enjoyed the most lol. Sami still seems pretty weak though. >_>

Andy continues to be a complete koron though lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wuth all the nightmare stories about the advance campaign version of "Kanbei's Error?" I assumed the regular version would suck too. . .it's probably the chapter i enjoyed the most lol. Sami still seems pretty weak though. >_>

Andy continues to be a complete koron though lol
Andy confirmed Koron? Wow lel.

Normal Campaign Kanbei's Error is a breeze. You can do it with any of the 3 CO's and you'll stomp Kanbei in no time. It's funny because Hard Campaign Kanbei's Error essentially flips the difficulty of the mission upside down from being pathetically easy to extremely difficult. I was only able to beat this level with a walkthrough. Would have easily been the hardest level in the game had it not been for the evil known as HC Rivals.

Also keep in mind that the missions you do will effect the CO's you have in the last mission. i.e. Going Andy's path in mission 4 will give you a different CO if you choose Max's path.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I will attempt to be in Gamexplains Smash tournament today. Gotta be fast cos it's 100 people max!

Depending how long it lasts for I'll switch between of my 5 mains. Mostly gonna stick to Lady.P/ZSS/DDD unless I'm loosing too much.

Then my Rosaluma/Bayo should do the trick.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Notice anything different in this Smash Wii U screenshot?
upload_2016-6-25_14-10-44.png

Notice it yet?
upload_2016-6-25_14-14-13.png

Magicant Wii U pls.

Source

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Cool, is it a fully functional port. Or is it some sort of vertex edit of another stage? (Much like the Meta Crystal stage)
We actually don't know yet. KTH only uploaded a screenshot of it. So the stage could be just a model port from Brawl, or the first stage entirely from Smash 3DS. I'm naturally assuming Smash 3DS since it could be easier to port from their due to both games having the exact same engine.

I see it in the first pic, I just don't see anything in the SSS one though
It just shows a red outline on the Warioware Stage wtihin the 3DS Stage Selection screen.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So I completed a Regional Pokedex for the first time.

...Unfortunately it was in a hack, but I'll take it!

I'm not too far from completing the National one either but that'll have to wait. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom