• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I remember hearing about the Shadow concept designs were he didn't have an eye.
Glad to finally see what those looked like.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Hoo boy, people crying over cuts again ain't that fun. Can't wait for some actual respect to be shown for those who do want characters cut.
respect wont be shown untill its earned and no one going to respect people who want cuts for wanting them

and dont bring up clones thats always been a stupid argument ever since street fighter 2 "clones" have existed
oh im sorry "shotos"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
upload_2016-6-25_6-31-43.png

OH MY GOD BLAZE WAS LITERALLY GONNA BE RINKAH

(they also called her a "tsundere" :p)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The concepts are really cool.

Except Shadow's.

REAL glad they went with the chosen design for him.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
SHEELVA

upload_2016-6-25_6-38-58.png

Also the cheers for Unleashed/the Werehog made me happy, Japanese Sonic fans know what's up.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's not just balance, it's also the workload that comes with that many characters. Remember that Smash is a series that actually builds its games from the ground up, each character isn't just ported from the previous one as they do update them to the new engine, tweak them for better balance, among other things, and that exponentially increases the larger the roster gets. Additionally, you also have to consider them doing things like graphics, special features like Smash Run, Events, among other things, and that means even more time and resources that have to be devoted to the game. As much as we'd hate to see it, we are going to reach a point where trimming the fat is going to be the more feasible option for the development team because otherwise they're going to have way too much strain on themselves and the resources that they have.
Well if the game is being ported to the NX then I would imagine it would take less time to port over characters seeing as the engine would be ported over to the NX. I'm not even saying that the roster would be like 80-90 characters but more like 65-70. Maybe that number would even be with DLC included.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The only way Smash will get a reboot with less characters is if Sakurai stops being the director. Until then, he's going to keep adding and adding until he exhausts himself out completely.

The game is never going to be balanced for pure 1 v1 play as long as Sakurai is in charge. Sakurai tries to balance across a wide variety of playstyles, modes and amount of characters. That's his vision for Smash.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The only way Smash will get a reboot with less characters is if Sakurai stops being the director. Until then, he's going to keep adding and adding until he exhausts himself out completely.

The game is never going to be balanced for pure 1 v1 play as long as Sakurai is in charge. Sakurai tries to balance across a wide variety of playstyles, modes and amount of characters. That's his vision for Smash.
And really that's the way it should be minus Sakurai exhausting himself lol. Wouldn't mind an extended dev period to get the roster size of 70 or something.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Knuckles can literally do Little Mac's Side B in Fire & Ice, lol.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Kunckles can literally do Little Mac's Side B in Fire & Ice, lol.
Knuckles confirmed Little Mac clone.

Now I await a mod that gives Knuckles Little Mac's moveset.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They had someone half decent playing Fire & Ice and wow, it looks real fun.

Looks like you can play it like an adventure game, or like Sonic Rush 4.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well if the game is being ported to the NX then I would imagine it would take less time to port over characters seeing as the engine would be ported over to the NX. I'm not even saying that the roster would be like 80-90 characters but more like 65-70. Maybe that number would even be with DLC included.
Potentially yes, but we don't know if Sakurai would even go for a port or decide to build it from the ground up again, nor do we know the full amount of resources that would be required to port the game and add new content to it. Generally speaking, there's always going to be limitations that are placed on the team as they're not invincible nor do they have infinite amount of time and resources to fall back on, they eventually will have to cross a bridge when it comes to determining what is feasible for the team to complete and how much content they can practically retain and build off of.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
mario and sonic at the rio olympics may have hit some snags but they put in a lot of care(heck they made daisy have an airdash and a jojo's oraoraora which is the most character she will ever get)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
mario and sonic at the rio olympics may have hit some snags but they put in a lot of care(heck they made daisy have an airdash and a jojo's oraoraora which is the most character she will ever get)
Winter Olympics DS gave her more character, tho.

------------------

They're GONNA ****IN' FIGHT

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
About Sonics' concept art for Sonic Adventure (namely the ones at the top).
View attachment 110826

Yuji Uekawa actually did incorporate those styles into Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic Jam in '97.

They were already using the Sonic Adventure style in those games interestingly.
Yeah, they're in my Sonic Generations artbook, I think.

-------

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Mario is a dishonourable swine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom