• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You can actually go out of your way to look up games and characters on the Fire Emblem Ballot.

I voted for Bantu just because I can.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I thought Fates took your FE Virginity?
Or did you turn it down when it asked to?
I had the cash to buy it, but then it dissappeared from the retailers along with other games, said games along with both Fates versions later returned to stores at a much bigger price. That's also the reason I may start buying digital, physical is very expensive now here.

What's your concern about the Garden remake, exactly?
That it might be too hard or different to current to newer games.
I don't mind difficulty, but I want to get deep into the franchise without going straight to the hardest/most complex game.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Might as post my 13 choice for the Fire Emblem thing. I'm not going with main lords or 3ds characters since they're already gonna a ton of votes anyways. Gonna be sticking with mostly what I know, which are the English releases.

1. Haar
2. Titania
3. Nephenee
4. Nasir
5. Black Knight
6. Duessel
7. Seth
8. Gerik
9. Selena
10. Marisa
11. Hawkeye
12. Jaffar
13. Limstella

They did? Any pics or just "we're doing this?"

Here you go.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Let's just say he went Tron on us and got a few extra thousand pounds. And he has boobs too.

Sweet dreams.
That's. . .actually not as bad as I was expecting with that description.

Oh, the boobs are still bad, but otherwise that's actually less ugly than the original.

Things that are uglier than the original are kind of rare, though.

D

Deleted member

Excellus was in TMS?
Was his fat stupid face as fat and/or stupid as in the original game?
This is him in that game.
He got bewbs. Then again, in the Japanese version of awakening Excellus is refereed to as a woman.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
This is him in that game.
He got bewbs. Then again, in the Japanese version of awakening Excellus is refereed to as a woman.
I don't see why they localized them as a man in the first place, then. Excellus always looked like a rather gonk-y woman to me.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Here's one.
Might as post my 13 choice for the Fire Emblem thing. I'm not going with main lords or 3ds characters since they're already gonna a ton of votes anyways. Gonna be sticking with mostly what I know, which are the English releases.

1. Haar
2. Titania
3. Nephenee
4. Nasir
5. Black Knight
6. Duessel
7. Seth
8. Gerik
9. Selena
10. Marisa
11. Hawkeye
12. Jaffar
13. Limstella

Here you go.
OOOOOOOH ****!!!!!!!

WHY DID I SPEND MY 1000 CREDITS

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To experienced FE Players, It is a good idea to lose my FE Virginity by playing the Gaiden remake or should I play something easier/newer first?
Gaiden was literally the first FE I played

D

Deleted member

I don't see why they localized them as a man in the first place, then. Excellus always looked like a rather gonk-y woman to me.
Someone at the localization team probably just really likes traps. :p

Well, that and either way, in both versions he's hinted to being an eunuch. Which are referred to as female in some cultures and male in others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Let's just say he went Tron on us and got a few extra thousand pounds. And he has boobs too.

Sweet dreams.
This makes a lack of sense.
I don't understand this at all.
It's like someone took a Mario Kart finish line, cut it into 3 pieces, added some flying buttresses to it and reinforced it with Stonehenge, before combining it with EVE from WALL-E and Baymax from BH6, rounding it out a bit, fusing it with Yami from Okami, putting a giant electric computer charger in it along with tons of magnets and gravitational technology, uploading Excellus' stupid, fat (Or in this case, flat) face onto it and giving it boobs.

In other words not much has changed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Sweet dreams.
You weren't kidding with the Tron comment. That's literally the Recognizer with boobs and an LCD face.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Someone at the localization team probably just really likes traps. :p

Well, that and either way, in both versions he's hinted to being an eunuch. Which are referred to as female in some cultures and male in others.
Ooooooh, OK.

So he's a dude but they took him to the vet.

Well at least he's not making a second generation. If there's one character to be actively thankful for not having that option. . .

Their looks aren't even the main reason for that by a long shot. They probably twisted into that from the evil in their heart or something. Excellus was a [redacted] and even their own boss hated them as a person.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Excellus is the man in the Japanese version, he's an example of a recurring character archetype where ugly men try to pretend they are pretty women, which does also come down to using female pronouns and mannerisms when referring to themselves. He's also implied to be an eunuch.

Edit: Ninja'd

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Excellus is the man in the Japanese version, he's an example of a recurring character archetype where ugly men try to pretend they are pretty women, which does also come down to using female pronouns and mannerisms when referring to themselves. He's also implied to be an eunich, which also adds to that archetype.

Edit: Ninja'd
Well I guess that's one way to try to bail himself out of his predicament, LOL.

He failed about halfway through, though. He got the feminine part right, but as for pretty. . .

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Can we all just say that Gangrel looks sexy as ever in his Mirage form?

They gave him a shiny new outfit, a top hat, and that ruffle of blades.

D

Deleted member

I don't even remember Excellus.
That's probably because he was a minor villain in a game that doesn't even have a well focused major villain.

He was Walhart's tactician and second in command.

And this isn't revealed until support, but he was also a Grima worshiper and taking control of Walhart.(It would have made more sense if Validar was in this role, it would've threaded the story together better.)

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Just ****ing noticed that Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia won't have the Anima style cutscenes. It'll just be lame ass normal anime cutscenes. Why? The cutscenes are one of the things that defines the series now.

Speaking of Echoes. What's up with IS using double subtitles now? First with Fates (Conquest, Birthright, Revelations) and now with Echoes. Seriously though why?

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Quick thoughts on everything from the direct.

Echoes: Looks nice, and it is cool to see one of the more unique games remade. Probably not going to get it until 2018 since I have another Fire Emblem game to finish plus a Switch to save up for.
Heroes: ... I honestly can't say I didn't expect something like this for the game, but I really did see this coming. Looks promising although the small maps could be a problem. I just hope Super Mario Run's mistakes aren't repeated here.
2018 game: ... Another mainline title? Just one year after a remake? Jesus don't overwork yourselves IS.

:094:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Gotta say this if you want to get Red envelop:
恭喜發財、雞年行大運、年年有餘、雞年新機... etc.
With that said....
I might not getting that much of Red envelop cash... since most of my relatives are going to Japan during the Chinese New Year...
And I am saving my cash for Nintendo Switch, I am not gonna buy lootboxes this time.
Also I'm wondering what will the Chinese New Year edition lootboxes looks like, a Chinese lantern? It couldn't be a Red envelope right?
Mei's Chinese outfit is awesome, red is my most favorite color. Not a big fan of her glasses though. I'm guessing it's legendary.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
everyone vote roy as your male character i care not which waifu you pick

the male and female character with the most votes gets in with a new outfit

so yes you can make new hat refrences

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Just ****ing noticed that Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia won't have the Anima style cutscenes. It'll just be lame *** normal anime cutscenes. Why? The cutscenes are one of the things that defines the series now.

Speaking of Echoes. What's up with IS using double subtitles now? First with Fates (Conquest, Birthright, Revelations) and now with Echoes. Seriously though why?
Neither have double subtitles. It's Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright/Conquest/Revelation and Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
everyone vote roy as your male character i care not which waifu you pick

the male and female character with the most votes gets in with a new outfit

so yes you can make new hat refrences
The direct convinced me to vote for Lon'qu

Although I think I'm going to vote Camilla next anyway

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Then Aversa was turned into an edgy multi-winged centaur demon with a bladed horn in the same game.

I'd rather not remind you all of the dreadful censor smoke that appeared in one cutscene. :troll:

Is it February yet???
No?
How about now?
ok now?

Honestly Excellus's only memorable thing for me is how much of a jerk he was to that one guy whose name I don't remember who you kill in the volcano

I wish they had really sold his role as a tactician. It would have been cool to see Robin's tactics go head-to-head with another tactician's but we didn't really get that. Hell Excellus wasn't even in the Tactician class line which would have made another cool parallel.

But nope :X

:061:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom