• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Konami is still deciding on the final price for Super Bomberman R.

Just a reminder on content:
  • 8 player local & online
  • Story mode 50 stages long
  • 2 player co-op story mode
  • Voice acting
What do you think?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hmm? What debacle is going on there?
Sonic has been removed from Archie's website, thus you can't subscribe to it, and customer support is giving mixed messages. Either saying the comic is flat out done, or its just a temporary thing.

It's leaving a lot of people to speculate that the Sonic comics are coming to an end.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So these are all the Joy-Con color variations. Not that colors matter much, but which one are you going to pick, anyways?

Personally, given almost all of my handheld systems are colored red, I'd go down that route yet again, with both controllers being colored red. It's not my favorite color (I actually have none) but it's usually the one I tend to use on handhelds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know, thinking back towards Mario's new hat ability, it's pretty neat to think of how it could aid Mario's recovery a little further in Smash. With him being able to throw it first, then doing his mid air jump to footstool it, giving him a bit more air time.

Of course I doubt Mario's moveset would be revised again since he didn't get the Spin Jump in Smash 4 but eh, still pretty neat to think about....

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

So these are all the Joy-Con color variations. Not that colors matter much, but which one are you going to pick, anyways?

Personally, given almost all of my handheld systems are colored red, I'd go down that route yet again, with both controllers being colored red. It's not my favorite color (I actually have none) but it's usually the one I always tend to use on handhelds.
Either both red or both gray.

I'll be playing alone a lot (and I like red)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Sonic has been removed from Archie's website, thus you can't subscribe to it, and customer support is giving mixed messages. Either saying the comic is flat out done, or its just a temporary thing.

It's leaving a lot of people to speculate that the Sonic comics are coming to an end.
Ah man, that's rough. I don't read the comics often at all, but from what I have read they are fun reads. Is there a way I could read them online at all anymore?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
FE10's support system is fine (as in, how it calculates support points, who can support, and when they can support - it's based on whether the two characters concerned are deployed in the same chapter - no need to hamper one or both by forcing them to be stuck together all the time) - except for everyone having the ability to support everyone else, that is. I would personally regard it (and PoR's, which is largely similar) as probably the best support system in the series, from that viewpoint. Unarguably better than spending 200 turns per chapter just to get a single support level in the GBA games, at least. It's the conversations that were botched (being reduced from the deep character building of PoR to the generic one-liners that don't match most of the time). The writing quality peaked with PoR, and it hasn't been the same since. I think only two or three support conversation lines in Fates came close to the relatively consistent quality of PoR's supports.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
FE10's support system is fine (as in, how it calculates support points, who can support, and when they can support - it's based on whether the two characters concerned are deployed in the same chapter - no need to hamper one or both by forcing them to be stuck together all the time) - except for everyone having the ability to support everyone else, that is. I would personally regard it (and PoR's, which is largely similar) as probably the best support system in the series, from that viewpoint. Unarguably better than spending 200 turns per chapter just to get a single support level in the GBA games, at least. It's the conversations that were botched (being reduced from the deep character building of PoR to the generic one-liners that don't match most of the time). The writing quality peaked with PoR, and it hasn't been the same since. I think only two or three support conversation lines in Fates came close to the relatively consistent quality of PoR's supports.
uuuh, ops, I meant to put conversations, not system, my mistake.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
After seeing Super Mario Odyssey being compared to Sonic so much, I had to share this gem.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
There probably is somewhere, but I don't know of one.
Alright man.
Hey, a quick question...

My memory might be really fuzzy on this, but I heard from someone that Sally dies in an alternate timeline in one of the issues/chapters. Is my memory correct on that? Or does that story not exist?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Awakening and Fates are the only ones I care about doing supports cause they give you something more thN an altered text bubble in the credits.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Alright man.
Hey, a quick question...

My memory might be really fuzzy on this, but I heard from someone that Sally dies in an alternate timeline in one of the issues/chapters. Is my memory correct on that? Or does that story not exist?
I'm not too knowledgeable on Archie Sonic, but here's what I understand
Sally did get robotized, but after the first Sonic and Mega Man comic crossover, they did a reboot of the entire comic universe. So that plot-point isn't a thing anymore.

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
After seeing Super Mario Odyssey being compared to Sonic so much, I had to share this gem.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
you know, as most of you probably know, in another comparison to Sonic, Mario can curl up in to a ball and roll down slopes to gain momentum, which Sonic hasn't really done in a 3D game before.

this means Mario introduced a vital Sonic mechanic in 3D before Sonic did

good job sonic team

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Awakening and Fates are the only ones I care about doing supports cause they give you something more thN an altered text bubble in the credits.

https://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/characters/supports/calculation/
https://serenesforest.net/path-of-radiance/characters/supports/calculation/
https://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/characters/supports/buddy-supports/

Basically, two characters in a support relationship get considerable boosts to important stats like attack and defence (which stats exactly is based on their affinity - more compatible affinity means better stat boosts), assuming they're within 3 tiles of each other. Quite often those extra few points of atk/def can be the difference between a clean victory, and restarting a chapter.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm not too knowledgeable on Archie Sonic, but here's what I understand
Sally did get robotized, but after the first Sonic and Mega Man comic crossover, they did a reboot of the entire comic universe. So that plot-point isn't a thing anymore.
I would think being robotized doesn't mean that Sally would be dead. But eh...not like it's canon anymore.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
you know, as most of you probably know, in another comparison to Sonic, Mario can curl up in to a ball and roll down slopes to gain momentum, which Sonic hasn't really done in a 3D game before.

this means Mario introduced a vital Sonic mechanic in 3D before Sonic did

good job sonic team
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2

Unless this was a joke and I killed it, which if that's the case, sorry

Spurdo

Smash Apprentice
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2
you can't manually do that without spindashing first and either game really isn't built around being able to do that. it doesn't count.

edit: sonic also uncurls automatically very quickly, its crap

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey guys, here is a question.

Out of Nintendo's villain library, what 5 would you consider the most realistic?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Speaking of the Adventure mini-series, I recently unlocked Last Story in SA2. Despite it's flaws, I still find it to be a decent game, and definitely one of my personal favorites. It's not the best 3d Sonic game, but it has certainly been a fun ride. I plan on trying SA1 soon once I finish Last Story.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Motivation or how they're portrayed.

Not complete realism, that would make for a boring list.
I'm not sure if he's the most, but Guzma is up there for me.

He's a great showcase of how childhood trauma and an inferiority complex can change someone. The way he allies himself with Lusamine since she was the only adult to show him any respect, only to lose all allegiance when he realizes she was using him.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Now I have all the spells in my rpg named, just need to decide what they do. Also I need ideas for 6 more songs for the Bard.

The bard plays songs that go continually until you cancel the, or she takes enough damage from enemies. The songs I have are "Love Song" which heals some health for every ally(excluding herself) and "Work Out Mix" which boosts attack stat for every ally(excluding herself).

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I second the Guzma choice.

There's just something about Team Skull that I really like, aside from being the most expressive and fun villainous Pokemon team.
They're just a bunch of average people stealing Pokemon. No plan that'll cause destruction to the climate, or kill all humans, or destroy the universe. Just people going around stealing Pokemon. Team Rocket did the same thing, but they weren't nearly as well done as Skull imo. I suppose you could argue Aether is "evil" too since you do fight them, but they're just following orders, and ultimately they're not actually trying to do anything heinous.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I second the Guzma choice.

There's just something about Team Skull that I really like, aside from being the most expressive and fun villainous Pokemon team.
They're just a bunch of average people stealing Pokemon. No plan that'll cause destruction to the climate, or kill all humans, or destroy the universe. Just people going around stealing Pokemon. Team Rocket did the same thing, but they weren't nearly as well done as Skull imo. I suppose you could argue Aether is "evil" too since you do fight them, but they're just following orders, and ultimately they're not actually trying to do anything heinous.
Team Aether is really only evil because their leader is a crazy *****. lol

D

Deleted member

The GBA games' support system had its ups and downs: in one hand, the conversations were handled nicely with character development and backstories put into them with paired endings other than "they marry and **** and have kids" like the 3DS ones and the 5-limit prevents stuff like Peri's supports from happening; on the other, however, it takes a ****ton of time to build a single support rank, limited supports can screw you over if you're not aware of your options or if your unit ends up dying or getting benched and affinity is never explained to you nor do you have any idea of what the boosts are.

Tellius fixed the "stay next to each other for 5 years" problem apparently but I can't say much about anything else but I believe the writing is good for the most part.

Awakening came and removed the limit but ****ed up everything with it because this means there's no room character development and when they attempt it, Peri happens. Then there's S-Rank Supports which limits your options because no one will use an A-Rank when they can have an S-Rank supporter. And let's not even get started with pair-up bonuses. Also, S-Rank=marriage still bothers me to no end.

Fates balanced the support bonuses but was still pretty much like FEA and the fact we'll never have stuff like AmeliaXDuessel or HeathXVaida upsets me.

FE4's supoort system is the second most puzzling thing in this entire universe because I have no idea how it works.
Hey guys, here is a question.

Out of Nintendo's villain library, what 5 would you consider the most realistic?
5? You're asking for too much, I'll give you two
Ganondorf: sure he was evil and is pretty much just that in TP and every game he's 'Ganon' but analyzing OoT and WW shows that all he wanted was to leave the harsh desert that he and his entire race were forced to live in to live in the green plains that he envied so much.

Lyon: can I consider him a villain? **** it, Lyon is a great character either way, from his inferiority complex that made him envy Ephraim and not able to confess his feelings to Eirika, to the sacrifices he made to try to save Grado and his father, and his eventual final moments where he regrets the mistakes he has done

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Team Aether is really only evil because their leader is a crazy *****. lol
>Crazy *****

Excuse me!? I'll have you know, Lusamine is not a "Crazy *****" She knows what she wants, and will not stop for anything or anyone till she gets it. She is the pinnacle of perfection. But I suppose someone with as poor taste as you wouldn't be able to comprehend that.

D

Deleted member

Lusamine is not a "Crazy *****"
Look buddy, I'm not one to judge people but when you start making your daughter dress like some jellyfish from another dimension because you read some hentai that turned you on really hard and you'll start the apocalyose just so you can try out the real deal(that'll end up giving you a bunch of interdimensional diseases, side effects and murderous tendencies), you're a crazy ***** in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom