• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hey, if a game looks good, plays good, and is fun? Good enough. Too many kids nowadays fascinated by the math behind a game that they miss out on actually good games.

D

Deleted member

So, my brother was watching The Amazing World of Gumball and...
Was that a mothe****ing Jojo reference?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I will say.

I know Zeldas are always at 30 frames per second and that the other games on display seem to be 60 frames and 1090p but...

That just seems lackluster. It'll still be the ideal way to play but Nintendo might be shooting themselves in the foot here.

Then again, I don't think most people care THAT much about framerate or resolution as long as it looks nice and Zelda does.

Let's just hope this isn't indicative of future performance.
It probably depends on the type of game involved. BotW has things like mist and large explosions all with their own physics, and the game went through a fair bit of development hell as well.

That said, the PS4 and XB1 apparently chug at 1080/60 with some games. In that case, Nintendo will probably have a fair few games at lower res/framerate, but even on other systems attempting to maintain the so-called current day standard is causing issues from time to time, so it still isn't even functioning properly as a standard for every single game out there even as people chomp at the bit for 4K.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Eh. I'm still getting it on the Switch. Never been one to fetishize numbers like resolution. They seem pretty acceptable by my standards.
Well it's not like the Wii U version is going to be technically superior.

I will say.

I know Zeldas are always at 30 frames per second and that the other games on display seem to be 60 frames and 1090p but...

That just seems lackluster. It'll still be the ideal way to play but Nintendo might be shooting themselves in the foot here.

Then again, I don't think most people care THAT much about framerate or resolution as long as it looks nice and Zelda does.

Let's just hope this isn't indicative of future performance.
If Nintendo can't get their own software to run at 1080p for the time being I can't imagine more considerable or taxing third-party games like Skyrim or perhaps Dark Souls will be able to either. Not a fatal flaw, but not a good start either.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"The maturity of Twilight Princess, Legacy of Ocarina of Time, Beauty of Wind Waker, Story Telling of Skyward Sword, the openness of original Zelda, the challenge of Zelda 2, and the hidden darkness of Majoras Mask, this will be the Zelda game to top them all. Hands down."

Saw this on a Youtube comment.

Breath of the Wild probably will be that amazing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
"The maturity of Twilight Princess, Legacy of Ocarina of Time, Beauty of Wind Waker, Story Telling of Skyward Sword, the openness of original Zelda, the challenge of Zelda 2, and the hidden darkness of Majoras Mask, this will be the Zelda game to top them all. Hands down."

It does look like it could be a contender for best Zelda game. Which is saying a lot, considering the series may be the most favourably regarded out there critically. That said, and fwiw, I can't imagine any game ever topples OoT on Metacritic.

We'll see~

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

And then it releases and everyone complains it didn't live up to their expectations and that it's the worst Zelda in the series.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

And in the end, it's an absolute dream.

...You know, like Link's Awakening. :p

D

Deleted member

>Maturity of TP
I feel the need to argue this but the fact ALLTTP is not even mentioned is more offensive
what jojo reference?
Nobody tell her

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

The game is trying to go the same route TES has over the years- an open world environment. If all goes well, it could be MY most favorite game. This is notable because I'm a ***** for OoT.

I likely won't play it for a very long time though.

D

Deleted member

I wish I knew someone that could draw because I always have a bunch of ideas for characters and plot premises, maybe I should try writing one of them but that'll happen when I'm not lazy
Yeah, I can relate. I'm also too lazy/busy to write my ideas down, but I think I'm going to start going to.

And then it releases and everyone complains it didn't live up to their expectations and that it's the worst Zelda in the series.
Pretty much this, I haven't even played a Zelda game because I keep forgetting to.

But even I can make a safe prediction about this because almost every main series Zelda game is either regarded as amazing or overrated/dissapointing. I'm almost certain that BoW will have both reactions from many. Especially with how some people are overhyping it a bit.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened....

Although a Link Between Worlds was fairly well liked. But then again, most people hardly ever acknowledge the existence of the top down Zelda's.... :T

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm a bit upset.

I have an online quiz I have to get done by the end of the day.

I was planning on doing it at 5:00 PM as it was due at 11:59 PM. Plenty of time right?

Well it straight up vanished! I have no idea where it went!

I have no grade or any semblance of one. It's not in the quiz folder anymore.

I have an email that said it was to be done before or on 1/17.

What do I do?

Chrono.

I'm a bit upset.

I was planning on doing it at 5:00 PM as it was due at 11:59 PM. Plenty of time right?

What do I do?
Email your teacher or support sounds like a good plan right now.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I'm a bit upset.

What do I do?
Contact your professor ASAP and be clear with them what happened. They'll usually understand.

Edit: Also contact whatever department handles the online infrastructure (ie BlackBoard) on campus. It can't hurt.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Email your teacher or support sounds like a good plan right now.
Contact your professor ASAP and be clear with them what happened. They'll usually understand.

Edit: Also contact whatever department handles the online infrastructure (ie BlackBoard) on campus. It can't hurt.
Already did that.

I just don't have faith I'll get an answer in time.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Is she the Monty Python bunny?
Not exactly.

You'll still want to run away.

I'm a bit upset.

What do I do?
As stated - email the prof right now.

Reply from the email that shows the due date. Attach a screenshot of the quiz folder where there is no quiz. Snipping Tool is your friend.

Worst case you have a timestamped communication from the due date with full proof of a technical glitch being the cause. Most professors are reasonable. If yours is not, this will help negotiations immensely.

D

Deleted member

Here's an entirely new Mario image (work in progress) based on Super Mario Odyssey using the official 2D artstyle. It certainly is hard to recreate, but I'm using help from StudioPEP, who drew Mario characters playing on the Nintendo Switch hardware in this style.

I don't really know. SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft 's hand-drawn avatar gave me the idea of doing this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
More RE7 spoilers.

Apparently the first DLC mission is called Not a Hero and focuses on the rescue of Ethan. Interesting.~~~

D

Deleted member

For some reason I have Bakugan nostalgia flowing through my mind
The first season was cool for the most part but that Masquerade reveal was so dumb. I'd probably have more things to complain about if I remembered anything about it other than "anime made to sell toys"
It just gets worse after the first part
I'll sick my rabbit on you

She draws blood when she bites
Good
Release me from this suffering known as life

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm a bit upset.

What do I do?
Maybe do it as early as possible next time?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Here's an entirely new Mario image (work in progress) based on Super Mario Odyssey using the official 2D artstyle. It certainly is hard to recreate, but I'm using help from StudioPEP, who drew Mario characters playing on the Nintendo Switch hardware in this style.

I don't really know. SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft 's hand-drawn avatar gave me the idea of doing this.
Good job! Glad to hear my art gave you the idea.

Funnily enough, I was inspired by StudioPEP's recent drawings when I made my Odyssey fanart. Mario can be a bit hard to draw at times (it's the head), but seeing StudioPEP's art inspired me to keep trying. My Peach drawing from a couple days ago was also the result of that.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I saw some FE10 talk a few pages back, and you guys forgot mention one of the biggest reasons its disliked and that is because of the complete botching of the Support System.

And the botching was done by removing all the conversations that gave all the characters clear personalities and allowed for their backstories to be revealed, as well as give insight to developing relationships and long standing friendships.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I saw some FE10 talk a few pages back, and you guys forgot mention one of the biggest reasons its disliked and that is because of the complete botching of the Support System.

And the botching was done by removing all the conversations that gave all the characters clear personalities and allowed for their backstories to be revealed, as well as give insight to developing relationships and long standing friendships.
Fairly certain @--- brought that up. :p

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Made this stupid thing because of the whole Sonic and Archie comics debacle.
image.jpeg
Lousy stuck up Riverdell punks! Think they're too good for me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That was brought up by other people. Just not by me.

Mainly because while I was playing Radiant Dawn I didn't really focus on the support system at all, I was more so focused on the main story.

Though the same could be said for Path of Radiance for me, I think I only unlocked three supports at most.

This is mainly because I only focused on supports in Fates/Awekening, never really did so in any game previous to it.(Though in the GBA games I completely unlocked some, but not nearly as much especially since it's harder to do so and I just looked them up on youtube.)

In fact, those games lack a story that threads together much at all otherwise. And it doesn't help that they often hide major motivations in supports rather than just in the main story. Well, that or the interactions are more goofy/silly than anything most of time, not that you can't have that, but it's a bit too common to where it can be a bit predictable or even break potential for some meaningful conversations.

But anyway, that's off topic, I'm sure your complaint is valid, it's just a part of a game I overlooked at the time, but I've heard of this complaint. But it's not nearly as prominent as the complaints I've made.

Edit: Bleh, I've edited this so many times because mobile posting gets a bit confusing.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My rpg I'm working on would play like FFIV, but woth way more playable characters, and at some point gaining the ability to use whomever you want during the main game.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice

I don't think you're that far off the mark. FE10's support system was unarguably worse; conversations were gutted and made to be really generic. I don't think it was that detrimental to the game overall though, because

A) We already had a lot of support convos in FE9. Most of the cast had been established and writing more might've resulted in them spreading things too thin.

B) The game still had Base conversations, which had plenty of character interaction, and more importantly world-building, something the modern games are seriously lacking in.

But that's just my 2 cents. As a huge FE fan I don't really look forward to support conversations anymore because it feels like they focus on goofy character quirks/completely irrelevant stuff. Older games (FE9 especially) used them to enrich characters and add meaningful lore. Now they feel anorexic and like marriage is the end-goal most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom