• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I like to imagine this Social thread at this time of year as a Big Couch were all sitting, and having nice conversations while watching a Big T.V from a computer screen.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't even care much about Paper Mario, all this salt is making me want to check out Color Splash though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
LOL at everyone treating it like the next E.T or Bubsy. I'm personally looking forward to playing it. I really do like the artstyle and wish that stays even if it goes back to the old gameplay and story.
The art style and music and graphics are amazing.

It's everything else that's the problem.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Ok, when the hell will we get some Rhythm Heaven Megamix footage?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ok... So the only unique characters besides Kersti 2.0 are these uniquely dressed up toads that are apparently part of a "rescue squad" of the sorts. Is that a good sign of things to come? They may be toads, but their clothing helps them stand out in a way. Oh yeah, and Draggadon was quite surprising to see; that means not all hope is lost in terms of who we might see beyond generic toads, koopas, and shy guys.
And yes, I hate how they repeat the "without this random object, you cannot play the rest of the game" gimmick returning from Sticker Star. Wouldn't throwing an Ice Flower at Morton have the same effect?
It's still less differentiation than the N64 title's NPCs.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Zelda Logic: Killing an animal automatically turns to cooked meat without any cutting, or shaving the fur.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Still looking forward to this game. I personally liked what I saw and I'll be getting it sometime down the road.

This game is definitely going to be decisive though like Sticker Star. Outside of Paper Mario fans, I can see this game getting the same reviews Sticker Star got (Mixed to Positive) but sadly can't see it doing as well as Sticker Star (Especially with it being near the end of the Wii U's life cycle).

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
The art style and music and graphics are amazing.

It's everything else that's the problem.
I still have a little hope for the story.

They claimed it has the best story of any Paper Mario game. Of course, Super Paper Mario got the best story, but the mystery route they seem to be taking has potential.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
*Picks up a burning Apple, and puts it in the pocket*
Link: This is fine.
*Haves his clothes slowly burn on fire*

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I still have a little hope for the story.

They claimed it has the best story of any Paper Mario game. Of course, Super Paper Mario got the best story, but the mystery route they seem to be taking has potential.
It has as much story as the average core Mario game.

You get an intro that's admittedly cool (Mario literally being handed a "dead" Toad), but after that it's just play through the levels and beat the bosses (aka Koopalings), and then fight Bowser (who'll probably be mute again because Miyamoto hates a Bowser with personality).

It's basically the same as Sticker Star. Except arguably worse because the main bosses are all Koopalings. Sticker Star at least used stuff like King Goomba.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That's great that you can shoot a bee hive and the bees attack nearby Bokoblins...

Bananija

Count of Trickery
It has as much story as the average core Mario game.

You get an intro that's admittedly cool (Mario literally being handed a "dead" Toad), but after that it's just play through the levels and beat the bosses (aka Koopalings), and then fight Bowser (who'll probably be mute again because Miyamoto hates a Bowser with personality).

It's basically the same as Sticker Star. Except arguably worse because the main bosses are all Koopalings. Sticker Star at least used stuff like King Goomba.
Maybe the story get better later... Maybe.

I'm trying to be positive with what I'm given and, unfortunately, there doesn't seems to be much.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Allow me to sum up Paper Mario Color Splash with my personal Positives and Negatives:

Positives:

+ Amazing and beautiful graphics.

+ At the very least, we have some sort of partners in the game, even if only temporary (as I know, we can just repaint them, they won't really go away).

+ Something other than Huey is somewhat unique despite being Toads (Rescue Squad). Perhaps if we're lucky enough, we might see a Pengi village in the snow area?

Negatives:

- Forces you to use mandatory thing stickers to win battles again (unless you can avoid using them. For example, throwing an ice flower at Morton could temporarily extinguish his hammer and allow you to attack him).

- Too many generic Mario enemies such as Goombas, Koopas, and Shy Guys. It needs more diversity in terms of original and brand new enemies.

- Seems like there may be no point possibly in battling other then to get more paint if you run out of it (still questioning that cream bar unless it really is just more paint storage).

That's just my views, though.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
So the extend hearts mechanic is like Overwatches Armor points, huh.......

"COME GET YER FOOD STICKS"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
>Amber description says it's usually traded for Rupees, but can also be used in accessories

Well, it seems like Rupees probably are in Breath of the Wild somewhere.

I guess they just don't want you messing with the grass for them this time or something

Last edited:

Chrono.

It's weird that Mario is Nintendo's mascot and the most hated games were Mario Party and Paper Mario XD
It's kinda sad how Mario spin offs other than Mario Kart have decayed recently.

I mean, the core Mario games are still very good, but those only come once in a blue moon.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I honestly think Mario Party is fine. I think people just take that franchise too seriously.

I had fun with 10, and this new one literally looks like the potential best, and deepest game in the series. If the other modes are cool then it definitely will be, and especially if they give it online play.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It's kinda sad how Mario spin offs other than Mario Kart have decayed recently.

I mean, the core Mario games are still very good, but those only come once in a blue moon.
It all started with Sticker Star and things went downhill from there.

I'm still steaming about what a terrible job they did with Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

Chrono.

The Mario Party hate is a little weird in retrospect, because before there was even a car I remember how MP4-8 weren't as well received either for being "same old ****".

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Mario Party got very stale for me...I had a couple titles for the Gamecube and I just lost interest, considering each game was basically the same game for like three or four installments in a row...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
After watching the Ever Oasis trailer. It looks fun.

Sort of reminds me of Dark Cloud and I LOVED me some Dark Cloud.

Chrono.

It all started with Sticker Star and things went downhill from there.

I'm still steaming about what a terrible job they did with Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.
Eh they haven't been all bad.

Golf World Tour was good, Dream Team was good and Mario Kart is Mario Kart,

But yeah they've been taking more missteps as of late, they haven't been totally awful (bar a few) but still lackluster, hopefully it doesn't last.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
People are really talking about bad Mario spin offs? Mario Golf was ****ing incredible, and most of the other ones haven't been that bad either.

Is it really that easy to inflate the occasional and spin it as the regular nowadays? We got ANOTHER good Luigi's Mansion game too, for goodness sakes! M&L has never dropped the ball either as stated above.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I literally only like 3D Mario and Mario Kart this gen.

Everything else is either meh or terrible to me...

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Mario Kart 8 was incredible, the only real problem was the battle mode but that's most definitely getting fixed in the next one.

Chrono.

They should bring back a couple of other spinoffs that have been on hold.

What I'm saying is, please make another Mario Strikers or Hoops 3-on-3.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People are really talking about bad Mario spin offs? Mario Golf was ****ing incredible, and most of the other ones haven't been that bad either.

Is it really that easy to inflate the occasional and spin it as the regular nowadays? We got ANOTHER good Luigi's Mansion game too, for goodness sakes! M&L has never dropped the ball either as stated above.
I personally think Paper Jam really dropped the ball.

Both as an M&L game and in terms of missing the potential it's concept had.

Plus it was a buggy mess and it looks like using those bugs is how to get the most fun out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom