• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
And that is...? :drshrug:

Not everyone.
But mostly everyone.
Most support threads I've seen are OK or support Inklings in Smash (Be it from the sidelines or otherwise.)
By now, Inklings are kinda the new (Insert FE newcomer here), smash-wise.
It's not "if", it's "when". :4pacman:
You were forgetting the trophy (:4greninja:)

As for the Inklings themselves, yeah, I'd be okay with them, I still don't believe the rumours but I'm down for them. I just hope their final smash is Inkstrike.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Giving Sami a semi-cloned Snake moveset is just as dumb as giving Ganondorf Captain Falcon's moveset.
(Of course Falcon's moveset actually does sort-of fit on OOT Ganondorf)
Except there's no excuse of time constraints for Sami, because Snake isn't in Smash 4 and she would be DLC.

Honestly, Snake's playstyle would be better fit for Inklings than it would Sami. That's how poorly it would represent her.
I'm not at all saying I disagree with you. I did lay out my reasoning for why it wouldn't be out-of-place, forced or awkward for Sami to inherit a pseudo-cloned form of Snake's niche (I never said semi-clone; I see her as Wolf ans Luigi, not Falco and Lucas). I'm curious Kenith as to what your reasoning is for why Sami could not fill the niche that we lost with Snake, as at least I believe it would make a lot of sense, and while she could have a different moveset, I could live with it as it would kill two birds with one stone like Awesomedude mentioned.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
You guys want a bet? I'll give you a bet.

If this Roger/Stealth/Et Al leak is fake, I'll draw the first five people to accept this bet an avatar of their choosing.

But if this Roger/Stealth/Et Al leak is true, I'll draw the first five people to accept this bet an avatar of my choosing.
Can I get a drawing free of charge? :p

No way I'm making a fools bet

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yes, it's very obviously an exaggeration. Thanks for relaying that back to me.
Indeed, assuming the Mii costume and trophy disconfirm Inklings is totally a matter of opinion.

But here's a fact. Splatoon is huge, and it's getting bigger.
It will happen, sooner or later. And if there's no issues making them work, I have 100% certainly they're going to be in.
If not, they're the first in line for Smash 5.
I completely agree with you on this one, they'll make their way into the series eventually, one way or another. (PLEASE ADD THE IKA MUSUME COSTUME NININTENDO)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really don't understand this thread's obsession with whining about Etika.
There seems to be an ongoing witch hunt in here against...well, everyone.

We gather news, forum posts, and tweets about people and tear them apart and talk about how stupid and ignorant these people are. It's a bit obnoxious.
For posterity:

List of Groups and People This Thread Is Predisposed To:
- Etika
- GameXplain
- Tama (sometimes)
- various other YouTubers
- various Twitter handles
- Every non-Smashboards forum ever

I don't get it. It just makes everyone look bad.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Whenever anyone says something is too new, the counterarguments are:
1. The Hyrule Castle stage from Smash 64 is actually based on a beta version of Ocarina of Time. Sakurai used footage from earlier builds as a base to the stage's design and it was too late to change it to match the final version of Ocarina of Time.
2. Roy in Super Smash Bros. Melee: Sakurai wanted a character that would serve as a moveset clone for Marth. He went to Intelligent Systems and played a development build of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade and noted that Roy's Sword of Seals and its fiery attributes would make him stand out from the rest of the cast. The game would only be released some months after Melee.
3. Smash Bros. Brawl has content from Metal Gear Solid 4, namely a remix the Love Theme and the appearance of GEKKOs in Shadow Moses Island. Brawl released in January 2008 in Japan, while MGS4 released in June 2008.
4. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U has a stage based on Yoshi's Woolly World, which was only released in the year after Smash.
5. Greninja was chosen for the roster while Pokémon X/Y were still in development. All that Sakurai had to work with were conceptual artworks for the character.
6. Super Mario Maker, only released a month ago, got a DLC stage in Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U.

3 Smash games out of 4 have featured content from titles released after the games. All Smash games have taken content from games that were in development simultaneously.

The "too new" argument has no merit.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm against the idea of Inklings in Smash, not at all, Splatoon is one of my favorite Wii U games, and I'd love to see them eventually, it's just that there's something, just something, that I can't put my finger on. Still, I'm not going to waste my time overthinking this, as it's only a rumour.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm against the idea of Inklings in Smash, not at all, Splatoon is one of my favorite Wii U games, and I'd love to see them eventually, it's just that there's something, just something, that I can't put my finger on. Still, I'm not going to waste my time overthinking this, as it's only a rumour.
You need to expand your mind. It's currently not very.... woomy.

:troll:

Soul.

May someone please explain what happened to Etika because I don't understand? Sorry if I brought up the subject again.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Whenever anyone says something is too new, the counterarguments are:
1. The Hyrule Castle stage from Smash 64 is actually based on a beta version of Ocarina of Time. Sakurai used footage from earlier builds as a base to the stage's design and it was too late to change it to match the final version of Ocarina of Time.
2. Roy in Super Smash Bros. Melee: Sakurai wanted a character that would serve as a moveset clone for Marth. He went to Intelligent Systems and played a development build of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade and noted that Roy's Sword of Seals and its fiery attributes would make him stand out from the rest of the cast. The game would only be released some months after Melee.
3. Smash Bros. Brawl has content from Metal Gear Solid 4, namely a remix the Love Theme and the appearance of GEKKOs in Shadow Moses Island. Brawl released in January 2008 in Japan, while MGS4 released in June 2008.
4. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U has a stage based on Yoshi's Woolly World, which was only released in the year after Smash.
5. Greninja was chosen for the roster while Pokémon X/Y were still in development. All that Sakurai had to work with were conceptual artworks for the character.
6. Super Mario Maker, only released a month ago, got a DLC stage in Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U.

3 Smash games out of 4 have featured content from titles released after the games. All Smash games have taken content from games that were in development simultaneously.

The "too new" argument has no merit.
In fairness, people tend to use those arguments against entirely new series like Shovel Knight and Splatoon, whereas all of the examples you used were from very new/not-yet-released games in an already-popular series.

I don't really side with the argument myself but I don't think we have explicit evidence disproving its merit either. Or if we do it's something I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Let's just say that I have nothing against the Inklings and move on, is that okay? :)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Sakurai feels like the Inklings match his criteria in regards to character selection, he will add them in.

Let me check some of the criteria he's used to select characters before:
1. Popularity? Check.
2. Have unique abilities that would make them stand out from the roster? Check.
3. Display personality in the game? Boo-yah.

The only unknown factor would be development issues. That could be an obstacle.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
vaanrose vaanrose Since nintenzilla doesn't want in, could I take the sixth spot?

And Let's face it, Inklings were either happening now or next smash as you Nintendo is going to use Sakurai to use an already massively popular game and fulfill a highly requested character. The promotion is just to easy.

kylexv

Smash Master
So I just found out that Nintendo took of New Super Luigi U off the eshop.
That means I have to buy New Super Mario U again just to get it.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Damn, I'm in love with Triforce Heroes

been playing that demo since friday, it's a good game.

We removed the Battle Frontier in OR/AS because it would be too boring and challenging for today's kids, and they ain't got time fo that.

----
Game Freak's dumbest decision ever! They could've been filling their pockets with DLC.

But I have a feeling we'll get Delta Emerald.

NSLU was never on eShop, it was always DLC of NSMBU. You should get the retail version, it's usually pretty cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So wait, they removed the single game and now you have to buy the dual package they are releasing to get new super luigi bros U?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm starting to really dislike NWPlayer's attitude.
I'm glad someone else agrees with me. And I got flak for pointing it out and saying we should not discuss her here for awhile.
Anyway, how likely would you say something will be revealed tomorrow if you have any idea Anvil.

Chrono.

I've been watching MLG and what the hell is going on here?

How is Etikas carreer dead?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If Sakurai feels like the Inklings match his criteria in regards to character selection, he will add them in.

Let me check some of the criteria he's used to select characters before:
1. Popularity? Check.
2. Have unique abilities that would make them stand out from the roster? Check.
3. Display personality in the game? Boo-yah.

The only unknown factor would be development issues. That could be an obstacle.
That was what it was! That was why I didn't know if they'd be in the game. There are alot of problems with them in terms of 3DS limitationS, the ink could cause framerate drops and they'd be required to switch models ALOT during the transition from kid to squid. In fact, (don't beat me up for this as it's only speculation) but is it possible Inklings were planned as DLC as soon as five months ago but were scrapped due to hardware issues thus us getting the costumes and explaining why the trophy was so detailed? With advancements in technology however, Inklings could work in future handheld installments with ease. Everything I just said was only a theory and the reasons why I was seemingly against Inkling, which I wasn't, just unsure about them. Let me know what you think of this theory. Hate, like, love, detest? Love to know.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
So payday 2 money grabbing transactions summoned jim sterling wrath.

Welp with that only 2 non-valve multiplayer games worthed my money on steam,and the community for both are sadly almost dead.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
I don't understand why people are saying "save Inklings for Smash 5/6"

Strike while the iron is hot. We're not getting a new Smash game anytime soon and if we are, it will most likely be an all-star version to celebrate the 20th anniversary in 2019 that probably won't even be directed by Sakurai.

And there are chances that Splatoon won't even be a thing anymore by the time the next Smash drops. Bring them already.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So is all this excitement over the same leak from weeks ago? Or is this something new? There are like 20+ pages to go through and I'm on a phone.

Also, am I reading this right? Does vaanrose vaanrose believe the leak?
Gambling's more fun when there's a risk you'll lose.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I really don't understand this thread's obsession with whining about Etika.
There seems to be an ongoing witch hunt in here against...well, everyone.

We gather news, forum posts, and tweets about people and tear them apart and talk about how stupid and ignorant these people are. It's a bit obnoxious.
For posterity:

List of Groups and People This Thread Is Predisposed To:
- Etika
- GameXplain
- Tama (sometimes)
- various other YouTubers
- various Twitter handles
- Every non-Smashboards forum ever

I don't get it. It just makes everyone look bad.
Don't forget Shovel Knight and possibly now Inklings.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
In fairness, people tend to use those arguments against entirely new series like Shovel Knight and Splatoon, whereas all of the examples you used were from very new/not-yet-released games in an already-popular series.

I don't really side with the argument myself but I don't think we have explicit evidence disproving its merit either. Or if we do it's something I'm not thinking of at the moment.
what are the rules of being too new, less than 5 years old? I have people saying Shulk is too new before smash came out and the game he came from was 3-4 years old at the time. The too new rule can be bend to the person that uses it will, which I don't like . Until Sakurai comes out and said it himself I will not that the it's too new rule seriously.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright, you were next in line, anyway.
Alright, thanks!
So is all this excitement over the same leak from weeks ago? Or is this something new? There are like 20+ pages to go through and I'm on a phone.

Also, am I reading this right? Does vaanrose vaanrose believe the leak?
IT''s the same leaks, but more people and "evidence" has been appearing and shows a possible announcement from Monday to Friday next week. vaan seems to have faith, but it be better to get his full opinion.

Strike while the iron is hot. We're not getting a new Smash game anytime soon and if we are, it will most likely be an all-star version to celebrate the 20th anniversary in 2019 that probably won't even be directed by Sakurai.

And there are chances that Splatoon won't even be a thing anymore by the time the next Smash drops. Bring them already.
This could be a reason for adding them now if they are in. I still think Splatoon could be popular by Smash 5 and could even have a sequel at the point. But getting ahead of the game can be good for inklings as well.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Love to see them=Not sure about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom