• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I remember on timewhere I was in a 4 Player match in Brawl with 3 other people a month ago, I was Wolf while my last opponent standing was a JigglyPuff (Who was controlled by a player who is skilled in Melee) I mostly kicked Jigglypuff all around, and thought it would be fun to taunt 3 times. When I did it however some began implying I'm a Scrub, and one booed on me. I was SOO close on winning the Match because I recovered on the wrong spot on the ledge (Since I'm use to Smash 4's ledge space).
After the match the a person said I can't taunt because it's consindered "Disrespectful", and is Scrubby. I told him that I was taunting because I was just having Fun, but he still thinks I can't do that.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So battlefront 3 is a trainwreck,kay.
It's an EA game.

What did you expect? Something special.

Hell no, they haven't made anything awesome or unique since SSX remake, Mass Effect 2 pre-DLC and NBA Jam reboot

He said a muscular Kremling like Krusha iirc
Guy says a lot of things and Brawl Taunts was never funny. Trust me on that, those things haven't aged at all

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
It's an EA game.

What did you expect? Something special.

Hell no, they haven't made anything awesome or unique since SSX remake, Mass Effect 2 pre-DLC and NBA Jam reboot
Yeah the little comeback of EA last year didn't stayed too long.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I remember on timewhere I was in a 4 Player match in Brawl with 3 other people a month ago, I was Wolf while my last opponent standing was a JigglyPuff (Who was controlled by a player who is skilled in Melee) I mostly kicked Jigglypuff all around, and thought it would be fun to taunt 3 times. When I did it however some began implying I'm a Scrub, and one booed on me. I was SOO close on winning the Match because I recovered on the wrong spot on the ledge (Since I'm use to Smash 4's ledge space).
After the match the a person said I can't taunt because it's consindered "Disrespectful", and is Scrubby. I told him that I was taunting because I was just having Fun, but he still thinks I can't do that.
Taunting foes is meant to anger them, because you're wasting time being cocky. If anything, that's a damn good taunt. Depends on what taunt it is though honestly, and you NEED the disrespect for a good time. I remember 2 weeks ago I stole Pac-Man's trampoline winning the match

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yeah the little comeback of EA last year didn't stayed too long.
You're implying that EA was even good at any point or time before 2011 or hell a year before.

I haven't seen anything maybe aside from Dragon Age (which alot of people are sort of half and half on) that anyone likes by EA from the past few years

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Didn't EA try to meme-ify E3 this year with Doritos and ****?
No Doritos, that was Ubisoft who tried to meme it up at E3 and had a live performance by Jason Derulo just to promote a Just Dance.

EA was the one who had the guy just looked embarrassed on stage and had a segment dedicated to a Soccer player, whose story was fine if it was for something like ESPN but E3? Nooooooooooooo

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So nobody can help me for my TOME project? If no, then...
tumblr_inline_ne189t1HGq1rtiw32.gif

I am just going to the Disco Room. For doing something.

Last edited:

Soul.

There was a Mirror's Edge character that looked like the guy hosting the conference.

EA will always be the winner of E3 in our hearts.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know... I thought Ubisoft at E3 2015 was equally as cringing. Especially the whole "let's make a meme" thing.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't know... I thought Ubisoft at E3 2015 was equally as cringing. Especially the whole "let's make a meme" thing.
Ubisoft at E3 was always stupid. Remember #Girlwood and trying to make that a thing and the Not-Wayne's World reference.

Atleast those E3s aren't as bad as 2008 Nintendo, 2010 Microsoft, 2011 Microsoft and worst...

2006 & 2012 Sony

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ubisoft at E3 was always stupid. Remember #Girlwood and trying to make that a thing and the Not-Wayne's World reference.

Atleast those E3s aren't as bad as 2008 Nintendo, 2010 Microsoft, 2011 Microsoft and worst...

2006 & 2012 Sony
Still, I don't know if I could say they were the worst. Sure they were far from perfect, but I can think of one more block that could take that crown (namely, Square Enix).

(Also to be fair, 2008 Nintendo did give us drummer guy. And that's certainly a plus in my book.)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Still, I don't know if I could say they were the worst. Sure they were far from perfect, but I can think of one more block that could take that crown (namely, Square Enix).

(Also to be fair, 2008 Nintendo did give us drummer guy. And that's certainly a plus in my book.)
You don't remember Wonderbook?
****ing Wonderbook

Wonderbook, man. The thing that made the Kinect look attractive as anything ever.

Giant Enemy Crab.
Attack its weak point for massive damage.
RIIIDGE RACEEEEER

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Giant Enemy Crab.
Attack its weak point for massive damage.
And that game was supposed to be "based on Japanese history with battles that actually took place in ancient Japan". (Quotes mean I paraphrased what the guy did say.)

I didn't know that feudal Japan had giant crabs.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
E3 talk? Well whatever you say of how bad Nintendo 2015 E3 was. I was still hyped as **** when Paper Jam was annouced. My two favourite franchise in one game, what i can ask more?

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Didn't EA try to meme-ify E3 this year with Doritos and ****?
that really touching moment when the indie dev was discussing unravel and how much it means to him and then they just pull the most jarring transition possible into danger zone and a dude in a ****ing zombie costume
it's the most corporate whiplash i've ever felt

Soul.

E3 wasn't bad for Nintendo this year.

Hell, even when we were in January/February they said they would focus on "games that came out this year." The backlash is understandable, but like, I mean it wasn't E3 2008.

When they start airing the Treehouse is when everything gets boring

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I got a Xenoblade X release date during E3 which is all I was really asking for, so I was satisfied. Really looking forward to next year though.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Oh E3. It will always be a show of who had the worse content and event, and it never seems to get better. Oh well.

Have any of you seen this yet?

This was really cool. What other Nintendo franchises or games would you guys want to see music preformed on live TV or concerts? It would probably be Mother/Earthbound, Metal Gear Solid, Rayman, Megaman, and Mario for me. So many classic songs that should be played for many to hear.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Hell, even when we were in January/February they said they would focus on "games that came out this year." The backlash is understandable, but like, I mean it wasn't E3 2008.

Treehouse sure as hell wasn't boring in 2014 when Nintendo actually had something to show.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Thing is it would have been fined if they took out Skylanders, the Mario 30th anniversary crap they could have saved for a later date, Amiibo Festival and put in a Pikmin 4 teaser, Pokken Tournament trailer and stuff like Fatal Frame, Project X Zone and Braverly Second then it would have been average. Because goddamn, people would have easily swallowed Federation Force if Pikmin 4 and Pokken Tournament got known.

That and I believe Sakurai actually knew what happened and separated themselves with their own thing so non of the issues but that's my theory.

Let's be honest what ever they did not pull have never been bigger than last year with Pokemon ORAS, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon, Smash Bros Zelda Wii U and the Star Fox teaser. All with the that incredible Treehouse.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I respectfully disagree. Treehouse lets Nintendo show their games in action for everyone to see. It's why I think Nintendo gets strong standing at events like these, they bother to show their games instead of "LOL CGI TRAILER HAVE FUN NOTHING ELSE UNTIL RELEASE".

It gives them a semblance of trust. Remember what happened with Aliens Colonial Marines? Fancy gameplay that was carefully controlled for press outlets and later turned out far worse in the actual game?

Yeah.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh E3. It will always be a show of who had the worse content and event, and it never seems to get better. Oh well.

Have any of you seen this yet?

This was really cool. What other Nintendo franchises or games would you guys want to see music preformed on live TV or concerts? It would probably be Mother/Earthbound, Metal Gear Solid, Rayman, Megaman, and Mario for me. So many classic songs that should be played for many to hear.
Stephen Colbert and Zelda music.
My two favorite things in the same place. <3

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think i just found the worst level in SMM.
And i am talking about the second level. I hate those people like this that get more attention than other people that put actual effort in their level.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That's like the only one time I think wasn't boring. I dunno maybe it's just me; perhaps it'll be as good as 2014 next year.
That's really not fair to compare both Treehouse events when one has Smash Bros when it was still fresh and new, Splatoon, Bayonetta 2 and HW. People really wanted to see those.

This year only had Star Fox Zero, Mario Maker all the time and the rest were stuff like Triforce Heroes and Xenoblade X which we have seen so much by that point

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
And i am talking about the second level. I hate those people like this that get more attention than other people that put actual effort in their level.
I would say my test level is better than this. Admittedly though mine is also not very good...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I would say my test level is better than this. Admittedly though mine is also not very good...
Your level is 100000 better than this. Atleast you don't put **** moves that makes you kill if you don't known what to do and that you have to die 300 until you get what to do and then die on the second stupid thing and repeat the process. Seriously, this video make me rage.

Last edited:

Chrono.

To be fair I'm pretty sure it's intentionally bad.

The amount of levels that are actually good has been increasing so far by quite a bit, there's only a couple of Auto levels in the Star section as well. You'll only run into completely unfair levels if you go to 100 Mario at this point.

You just gotta know where to look.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
To be fair I'm pretty sure it's intentionally bad.

The amount of levels that are actually good has been increasing so far by quite a bit, there's only a couple of Auto levels in the Star section as well.

You just gotta know where to look.
Intentionally bad doesn't excuse for me that those level are cancer for the community. Not the mention that they are only popular because famous Youtuber like Alpharad or Rose love to make level like this. Also since that they are stupidely hard. That's mean that you will encounter level like this in Expert mode. Which mean that you are going to die without time to react.

This of course is a personal opinion. But you get my point, level like this are not fun for anyone expect troll or the creator who made it. (And masochist too.)

Last edited:

Soul.

That's really not fair to compare both Treehouse events when one has Smash Bros when it was still fresh and new, Splatoon, Bayonetta 2 and HW. People really wanted to see those.

This year only had Star Fox Zero, Mario Maker all the time and the rest were stuff like Triforce Heroes and Xenoblade X which we have seen so much by that point
I will say this though, by boring I meant that in the hypothetical scenario where their conference was the main event, and when the Treehouse starts airing some leave and others stay. I just have that feeling lol.

Treehouse as a whole isn't boring; I personally feel like not watching it throughout the E3 week, and then when I feel like watching something I just go back to watching it again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom