• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I think the easiest way to answer all this is "Why give a crap?". Because I'm going to be very honest with ya, it's been getting harder and harder to care.

Day in and day out, it's the same damn thing over and over. Heated argument after heated argument. It's gotten to the point to where bile is thrown over leaks, rumors that may or may not be true. And it's been getting jaded; Hell I've been getting jaded. I can't come into this place without hoping that maybe, just maybe this time the place isn't on fire. And by the looks of it I, as well as possibly many others, have been feeling the same way. And honestly, what's the point? It's not like getting angry over it is going to make us better people. We've already made fun of ourselves over it, as well as others. So if we can acknowledge our faults, why do we keep repeating them?

I've been playing the same song and dance for all three iterations of this thread now. All the way back to the Smash 4 Rumors and Leaks thread a long time ago. But it's not even fun anymore. It's become a chore to sit through this. Look, if they come true, whatever they do. If they don't, that's okay too. Oh sure there are the obviously fake leaks, but even they've become to muddle with each other.

And honestly, I feel like that's become a prime problem with these threads: It's point. It's reason for existing.

At first, I'll say it had a good reason to exist: Smash 4 was off the Nintendo news and everyone was hyped for it. And most looked towards the "leak busting police" for the legitimacy. Sure we were never 100% accurate (Palutena leak anyone?), but we still respected each other.

But the speculation period if over with. DLC is going to be said and done, and there will be no more leaks. No rumors, no "fake" walls of texts nor videos and pictures to riff on. Our job will be done. And it's shown. For the last couple weeks it's been nonstop with Shovel Knight, Roger, Sheath, Nikki, and anyone else who decided to join the fray. That's all we have. Occasionally we'll have something different, but it always comes back to the same dead horses we have lying around.

Even some of the "intellectual" users have been getting on my nerves. You'd think the guys that should know a thing or two about how not to be smarmy jackasses. But yet somehow having to gawk at someone else over pieces of text requires to have some tacked on sarcastic bull****. I've been this way, and I'm not the only one.

I do apologize if all this comes out as salty, or me being angry. But I'm not. Full disclosure, I had this whole angry fresh off the pan post all thought up, but as I was thinking about what curse words I should stick where, I questioned myself "Why does it matter?". What's the point of getting aggressive over something as small and petty as arguments over info that may or may not be true. There's no point to the leak police anymore. Let's face it, we were dead when the Social Group died. And now, now we're just skeletons.

Really now, I want an answer for this:
What's the reason for the NintenZone Social Thread existing?

Editor's Note: While typing this I did want to make note that I have nothing against the people here. If I did, then I wouldn't have typed out this wall as I did. And I do apologize if this seems tacked on, but it's been how I've felt for a very long time now.

I want to see this thread succeed, but as of right now I don't see a thread. I see a war. And like I've been spouting since the first few sentences, there's no point.
Well said. I've been feeling the same, and honestly I can't help but feel like I've somehow become one of those 'intellectuals who have become a smarmy [jackalope]' at times (funny, I got censored but you didn't...). I like to think I'm usually better at keeping my cool, but this Twitter mess has really rubbed me the wrong way. I can see this debacle is making me a worse person.

I have this to say though, and it's not pretty... if this all pans out, and it turns out RogersBase and the Twitterers were correct, then we are doomed and we might as well give up. The introduction of tweets to our vernacular is probably the worst thing to happen to us - it's caused us all to run around chasing our tails and even go out into public and beg for more information. We're being baited along for the amusement of those who know things (or don't know anything) and we're just gobbling it up.

We've become a joke. We're the nerds that the cool kids like to pick on at the playground.

More to the point, should those Tweets come true, we will enter an era where we must take Tweets at face value as legitimate leaks. This means we'll only be encouraged to read deeper between the lines in posts that hold no actual meaning, we'll be lead to embarrass ourselves more in public, and no one will be able to stop us. Likewise, the Tweeters will only be encouraged to continue their asinine behavior and gain more and more followers over this disgusting behavior.

We're starting an information nosedive, and unless we take some drastic action our only hope will be to bail out.

To that end, I'd like to propose a new rule: No more posting tweets to speculate on. The reasons should be obvious by now. Even if the tweet leaks come true, even if they held some merit, we must resist the temptation to speculate over them. I don't care if it was Nintendo or YCG who posted them (please, PLEASE stop posting YCG tweets to speculate over...) - the only reasonable exception would be the the tweet contains an image or video that looks like a leak. Barring that, don't do it.

For one thing, there's nothing there for us to talk about anyway, since there aren't any details to debate. For another, we're just giving the Tweeters what they want - loads of undue attention for waving a carrot over our heads. The only way to dissuade this behavior from becoming the norm is to not feed into it.

Overall, we need to raise our standards if we are to become better. No more posting every little text tweet that may or may not mean something. We all need to work together on this - or, we need to retire.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Very obscure and very odd, I'm unsure if this would sell well.
Now you know why my Wild card theory about how DLC won't sell for the sake of being Smash is here. I'm here to prove how people won't buy something they don't know
Who's who? :drshrug:
Probably talking about the character I posted
Who's that?
A Japanese superhero called Chalice in his Wild form, he's not the main protagonist, but they all have playing card themes. Chalice is also a monster known as a Joker in his lore, hence why it's literally a Wild card

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Who's that?
Judging from the like...
Sami? Check out my signature
She's a badass soldier that totes around a bazooka and a machine gun. At face value, she does seems like a good fit for a Snake clone.
Not the case. Snake uses grenades, homing missiles, and mines. Advance Wars, AFAIK, does none of these things.
There's plenty of other things she can do if you have a bit of creativity actually, she has a support thread where I've posted a moveset.
Unless the like comes from the fact you already know this.

EDIT: Never mind.

Well said. I've been feeling the same, and honestly I can't help but feel like I've somehow become one of those 'intellectuals who have become a smarmy [jackalope]' at times (funny, I got censored but you didn't...). I like to think I'm usually better at keeping my cool, but this Twitter mess has really rubbed me the wrong way. I can see this debacle is making me a worse person.

I have this to say though, and it's not pretty... if this all pans out, and it turns out RogersBase and the Twitterers were correct, then we are doomed and we might as well give up. The introduction of tweets to our vernacular is probably the worst thing to happen to us - it's caused us all to run around chasing our tails and even go out into public and beg for more information. We're being baited along for the amusement of those who know things (or don't know anything) and we're just gobbling it up.

We've become a joke. We're the nerds that the cool kids like to pick on at the playground.

More to the point, should those Tweets come true, we will enter an era where we must take Tweets at face value as legitimate leaks. This means we'll only be encouraged to read deeper between the lines in posts that hold no actual meaning, we'll be lead to embarrass ourselves more in public, and no one will be able to stop us. Likewise, the Tweeters will only be encouraged to continue their asinine behavior and gain more and more followers over this disgusting behavior.

We're starting an information nosedive, and unless we take some drastic action our only hope will be to bail out.

To that end, I'd like to propose a new rule: No more posting tweets to speculate on. The reasons should be obvious by now. Even if the tweet leaks come true, even if they held some merit, we must resist the temptation to speculate over them. I don't care if it was Nintendo or YCG who posted them (please, PLEASE stop posting YCG tweets to speculate over...) - the only reasonable exception would be the the tweet contains an image or video that looks like a leak. Barring that, don't do it.

For one thing, there's nothing there for us to talk about anyway, since there aren't any details to debate. For another, we're just giving the Tweeters what they want - loads of undue attention for waving a carrot over our heads. The only way to dissuade this behavior from becoming the norm is to not feed into it.

Overall, we need to raise our standards if we are to become better. No more posting every little text tweet that may or may not mean something. We all need to work together on this - or, we need to retire.
This is very true, but once again, it's a generalization.
Some of the users here don't do this ****.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Now you know why my Wild card theory about how DLC won't sell for the sake of being Smash is here. I'm here to prove how people won't buy something they don't know

Probably talking about the character I posted

A Japanese superhero called Chalice in his Wild form, he's not the main protagonist, but they all have playing card themes. Chalice is also a monster known as a Joker in his lore, hence why it's literally a Wild card
So then Shovel Knight...

American Citizen: You know what we need, SHOVEL KNIGHT, you what'd be the best character, SHOVEL KNIGHT, you know what needs to happen, SHOVEL KNIGHT, everyone knows of Shovel Knight...

Meanwhile in Japan: What's a Shovel Knight?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So then Shovel Knight...

American Citizen: You know what we need, SHOVEL KNIGHT, you what'd be the best character, SHOVEL KNIGHT, you know what needs to happen, SHOVEL KNIGHT, everyone knows of Shovel Knight...

Meanwhile in Japan: What's a Shovel Knight?
Actually it's more like:

American Nintendo Fan: Shovel Knight is cool, Shovel Knight for Smash or something

Japanese Citizen: What's a Shovel Knight?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So... random, anyone interested in seeing my even longer version of my 'Splatoon Plush' Jingle? :3

Just for fun.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Warning Received: Spam
Okay, this just has to be seen, HAS TO...

Are you ready...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>See's Avi
Oh look another Kirbopher/ Chris Niosi Fan
Hello fellow Fan.
A ANSWER?!
tumblr_njktye0Bs11skacmmo1_500.gif

Hum....Let me repeat.
Hello fellow squire!
Yes, i am a Kirbopher / Chris Niosi fan as you say. Hiw work is really good and for someone like me who also is doing his own story. This man is what i call a perfect exemple for helping people like me.

Anyway, as you have see. I am a fan of TOME. And i have project related to TOME, you see. I want to make 5 level based off the 5 Netking. And i have go here for see if people could help me. So...do you think you can do that?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They really did kill off Purple Link

;_;7
Sorry for bad english but
Where were u when purple link was kill?
I was putting blue link in a dress when green link came and said
"Purple link is kill"
"Who?"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes"
Can someone please edit a Loss comic with the 4 Links on it?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
This will sound better in your head if you know the Extended 'Kid Now, Squid Now' commercial song, but here is my hopefully-not-cringe-worthy Splatoon Jingle about the Splatoon Plushies we will ALL buy.

Enjoy!

You're a Plush Now!
You're full of Fluff Now!

You will spend every buck!
But you're all out of luck!

You are poor now!

Got nothin' more now!

You'll say only One!
But you know that's no Fun!

You need ALL now!!

~

Splatoon is the Plush, that is on Store Shelves!
Expanding your Collection, just for yourself!

Collect Callie!
Collect Marie!
Collect Judd Too!
Collect All Three!!

The Team with the most Plush is bound to Win!
Unless your wallet is runnin' Thin!

Spla-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-toon!

You're a Kid, that can Change to a Squid!
Steal from mom's purse, she won't know what you did!

You can hide from her, you can run real fast!
You can get away, you can lie if Asked!

You can dodge her wrath if you really need Cash!
Buy a Kraken, throw money down the Trash!!

Let's buy the Goods Togeeether~

Come On!!

Let's buy everything Splatoon to make your friends all Swoon!!

Spla-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-toon!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Are your serious that my previous post was the last one in the previous page?! God ****ing damnit! I tough that this curse will not fellow me here!
I am...

right now!!!:4charizard:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
*kirbopoher talk*
He said Kraid would be in Smash Run. Time to pester him about not making a real Brawl Taunts 4
Wasn't there other rumors on who would be Smash Run enemies like King Hippo was supposed to be one as well as more Kremlings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom