• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
...Was it ever confirmed as to what the NA release date was?
spring 2016.

That;s months later.....

We've had Woolly World for 4 months.
We often get games before NA as we fall in the Europe bracket.
They don't hate anyone mate.
ok it;s because I can;t get this logically.

JP is expected to be done first, with you so far.

EU being done, ok still with you, they might just have tije to localise it.

AUS being done......that is special but it usually doesn;t take this long for them to egt it after EU.

......why NA is motnhs later?

it makes no sense, even the trailler had English assets!

EDIT: radiacal, idk what happened, but try to verify if your post has proper bbcode cause it took forever to fix that quote.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I miss these so much
https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/313180597/both-chibi-robo-and-inkling-are-coming-on-monday

Both Chibi Robo and Inkling are coming on Monday. Pirate Ship is coming to 3DS (presumably free to those who purchased the Wii U version) as well as Smashville. Both Wii U and 3DS are getting "Splatoon", it's a traveling stage that goes through different arenas in the game. Mii costumes I've seen include Eggman's outfit, Jibanyan costume, DK Jr. costume, Ken and Chun Li outfits, and an 8-bit Mario party hat.

If all goes well I'll have pics and a video coming in exactly 4 hours
My God, is anyone even trying?
Pirate Ship will never work on 3DS because of Swimming mechanics

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Game releases in NA later than the world? Surely, Nintendo hates NA fans!
Sakurai didn't add the character I like? Sakurai must hate the fans of that character!

When will people stop applying fanboy-like mindsets to game developers, as if everything they do is a consipiracy against them?

It gets tiresome. The game industry doesn't work like that.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Game releases in NA later than the world? Surely, Nintendo hates NA fans!
Sakurai didn't add the character I like? Sakurai must hate the fans of that character!

When will people stop applying fanboy-like mindsets to game developers, as if everything they do is a consipiracy against them?

It gets tiresome. The game industry doesn't work like that.
.......urgh

frost, that was an hyperbole.......

i coudl have said they were drunk it would do the same thing......

I even put words that makes it absurd like I said na m&l fans only, that idk why it didn;t sounded that I was hyperboling, btu I was.

my god.....

Khoru

Smash Champion
Although I'm not giving this "leak" merit or anything, but that comment "Pirate Ship will never work on 3DS", Jungle Japes? It could just work like in Melee, you just fall through.
ehhh i think it's kind of valid
jungle japes' water flows quickly so it wasn't affected as much (that i remember, anyway) in brawl
but the stages with/without "solid" water are definitely balanced to be that way
like great bay with swimming would be... iffy, at best

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So does anyone else here want Chrom eventually?
Absolutely.

That's honestly why I'm hoping that eventually Awakening gets a true sequel a la Radiant Dawn and Mystery of the Emblem. Explore Ylisse's cast more and such, with Chrom, Robin, and Lucina available from the start. Also make Chrom more "Smash-oriented" in Sakurai's eyes by having him able to use swords and lances from the start. :p

One day, hopefully. One day...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'll never ever understand the ''I'll have pics later" mentality of fake leaks.

If you had a leak, a legitimately real leak, and you had the intentions of sharing it you would take the pictures before running to wherever you were going to post it.

You'd think it'd be the same even if you were going to make a fake leak with fake pictures. You'd make the pictures first.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well, I can see Chibi-Robo getting in the game so they can garner more attention for his series and hopefully Ziplash.

Inkling... well Splatoon as a whole is pretty big so them being in the game I can see I suppose...

.......urgh

I even put words that makes it absurd like I said na m&l fans only, that idk why it didn;t sounded that I was hyperboling, btu I was.

my god.....
I don't think I've ever seen aldel this frustrated lol :p

D

Deleted member

I decided to watch the Game Grumps playthrough of Undertale and I'm getting creeped out by Goat Mom
>Saying that Swimming Mechanics make Pirate Ship impossible in 3DS
*COUGH*
TORTIMER ****ING ISLAND
*COUGH*
*HACK*
*WHEEZE*
*THROWS UP*
The water is just aesthetic, there is no swimming

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't chibi robo's inclusion, for now anyway... Let's see what "video evidence" he produces.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
.......urgh

my god.....
I'm just tired of seeing the same crap being spouted every day.

There's a tendency for video game fans to act like that whenever something in a game isn't to their liking. It's always the same thing: "X hates us because Y isn't what I want/like!"

By that logic, every time I bought a defective product or I don't like the food at a restaurant or something, it's because whoever is behind those businesses hates me. You see how insane this sounds, don't you?

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Why would Pirate Ship be free on 3DS? If it's a paid stage isn't it usually paid on both? And you can either buy it for both or each separately?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
tortimer island wouldn't be any different if the ocean were drained
The water is just aesthetic, there is no swimming
And who says Sakurai can't do that with Pirate Ship?
Bam, new stage. :4pacman:
Why would Pirate Ship be free on 3DS? If it's a paid stage isn't it usually paid on both? And you can either buy it for both or each separately?
OP sez
Buy Wii U before 3DS PS releases and you get 3DS Free
If not, give the cash. :4pacman:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
NO DONT GO GENOCIDE

you will absolutely ruin the game for yourself. I highly suggest true pacifist first time. You can't get the best ending first playthrough but if you load a file after beating the game once you can. Don't need to do 3 separate playthroughs.

But don't do genocide first. Don't it ruins the game.
Idk, that sounds a bit strange if one of the different endings makes the game unenjoyable, even if it is suppose to be played later. I haven't seen much of undertale (seems enjoyable enough), but I'd have to see how bad it could get. Most I've seen of the game is the final boss....it looked like a bit of a mess to be honest in terms of design. Papyrus is a pretty cool guy though, and the music is great from what I've heard.

Pirate Ship doesn't even make sense for the 3DS without bringing up the swimming.

I'd be willing to bet that in addition to popularity, a large factor behind its return was because Toon Link lacked a Wii U stage since all of the Zelda stages were from more realistic games. Meanwhile, the 3DS also has Spirit Train.

Now if it'd said Wii Fitness Studio, it'd have made more sense.
Two reasons why I feel like Pirate Ship came back was because Wind Waker HD was out, so you would think it would come back as a returning stage to represent that. Also because it was a popular stage. :p

If any cross play stages happen again, Wii Fit Studio, Magicant, and Mute City make the most sense. Wii Fit Studio because Wii Fit Trainer doesn't have a home stage on the 3DS. Magicant and Mute City because they're two stages, that to be honest, make little sense to be on the 3DS with the games they're based on. That and they're simple and popular stages.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pirate Ship doesn't even make sense for the 3DS without bringing up the swimming.

I'd be willing to bet that in addition to popularity, a large factor behind its return was because Toon Link lacked a Wii U stage since all of the Zelda stages were from more realistic games. Meanwhile, the 3DS also has Spirit Train.

Now if it'd said Wii Fitness Studio, it'd have made more sense.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As much as I'd love it to happen, I don't think Pirate Ship is coming to the 3DS version.

There's a reason it's Wii U only and the 3DS version got the Duck Hunt stage for free in the same patch.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Idk, that sounds a bit strange if one of the different endings makes the game unenjoyable, even if it is suppose to be played later. I haven't seen much of undertale (seems enjoyable enough), but I'd have to see how bad it could get. Most I've seen of the game is the final boss....it looked like a bit of a mess to be honest in terms of design. Papyrus is a pretty cool guy though, and the music is great from what I've heard.
He's not joking when he says don't do Genocide.

If you do a Genocide playthrough, it will ALWAYS affect the future runs in your game in a negative way.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, I can see Chibi-Robo getting in the game so they can garner more attention for his series and hopefully Ziplash.

Inkling... well Splatoon as a whole is pretty big so them being in the game I can see I suppose...

I don't think I've ever seen aldel this frustrated lol :p
it;s because I can;t believe that someone REALLY taught I was sincere......to the point of ranting about it......

Soul.

Instead of Pirate Ship 3DS should get Smashville, because why not.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

That's honestly why I'm hoping that eventually Awakening gets a true sequel a la Radiant Dawn and Mystery of the Emblem. Explore Ylisse's cast more and such, with Chrom, Robin, and Lucina available from the start. Also make Chrom more "Smash-oriented" in Sakurai's eyes by having him able to use swords and lances from the start. :p
And i'm just some loser with no expertise in game design. Imagine what IS could make out of it.
One day, hopefully. One day...
I would pay many many dollars for awakening 2 assuming it kept a good ratio of new and old characters.
With Morgan as the new MU, Lucina replacing Chrom and Chrom being the new "resident badass"

The worst part is it would probably be easy. Just make (some) the kids the new main characters and throw in some newbies and parent. Oh well.
The way genocide works is you kill literally everyone. Those murders mean a hell of a lot more when you have protected them in pacifist runs. The "battle against a true hero" means a hell of a lot more when that hero is your favorite character. Same goes for the battle that has become infamous in the fanbase.

You could quite easily enjoy it in any order. But given the choice I would always recommend Geno last. I can't see how the game could be more enjoyable the other way around.
. . .plus a few things will probably make less sense lore-wise but that is a minor minor thing.

also what Shroob Shroob said. it's minor but oh well.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
He's not joking when he says don't do Genocide.

If you do a Genocide playthrough, it will ALWAYS affect the future runs in your game in a negative way.
Really? Idk how to feel about that to be honest. Maybe if I saw the outcome, but that seems like a bit of a down side if it has multiple endings. However, this is coming from someone who hasn't played the game, so I shouldn't base it off of something I heard without seeing.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Well it's been 3 hours since that 4chan "leak" was made. So in an hour we'll know if it's BS or not. At least they weren't stringing people along with "i'll tell you tomorrow"
even though it's 99% BS anyway

Really? Idk how to feel about that to be honest. Maybe if I saw the outcome, but that seems like a bit of a down side if it has multiple endings. However, this is coming from someone who hasn't played the game, so I shouldn't base it off of something I heard without seeing.
Let's just say, the fact that it is a game is a very important part of the storyline. Your actions will affect every aspect of your game forever unless you literally delete all the files and redownload it because it stores all your actions for very specific reasons. And it'll make sense once you 100% the game and know all the backstory and such.
You can do Genocide first if you want, but then you'll want to have a clean slate going in for the other runs.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Instead of Pirate Ship 3DS should get Smashville, because why not.
Actually the leak said that Smashville was coming to the 3DS.

The only stages I would want on the 3DS are Wii Fit Studio and Smashville.

The Wii U can have Magicant, Corneria and Arena Ferox

SpyroRyan

Smash Rookie
Well it's been 3 hours since that 4chan "leak" was made. So in an hour we'll know if it's BS or not. At least they weren't stringing people along with "i'll tell you tomorrow"
even though it's 99% BS anyway
Someone on there wrote that the vid was uploading now, idk how to check if it was really OP though

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The Wii U can have Magicant, Corneria, Arena Ferox and Balloon Fight.
Fixed.
Gotta go left or right to get loopy.
Yes, "Go left or right to get loopy" is an actual quote that Smash 3DS tells you when you unlock Balloon Fight
Silly Sakurai :4pacman:

It's not that bad. It only affects the true pacifist ending. And it's more implication than vast changes.
And you can just edit the files if you don't feel like dealing with it.
Someone on there wrote that the vid was uploading now, idk how to check if it was really OP though
This will be fun

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I would pay many many dollars for awakening 2 assuming it kept a good ratio of new and old characters.
With Morgan as the new MU, Lucina replacing Chrom and Chrom being the new "resident badass"

The worst part is it would probably be easy. Just make (some) the kids the new main characters and throw in some newbies and parent. Oh well
Seriously. Make it about the Future Children being the main characters fighting for peace in a newfound land riddled with strife (just say that, like, Ylisse finally got a navy as a result of the Valm incident) after placing themselves on a sort of self-exile to avoid interfering with their parents raising themselves from this new timeline. Then add in Chrom partway through a la Ike in Radiant Dawn (accompanied by Frederick, I guess, since that'd make sense that he'd go with Chrom. Maybe Lissa as well.) because he worried about Lucina, with a whole "No matter which time you came from, you're still my daughter" type of deal. Add in quite a few new recruits picked up during the conflict. Bam. Instantly good. Have Robin be mysteriously absent and make him an awesome DLC recruit or free Spotpass type deal like Priam in Awakening to not interfere with Morgan in the main game. Have the game link up with Awakening to use the units from your own file, or have a questionnaire in the beginning ask who the character's parents are a la Pokemon or Earthbound.

I would pay lots and lots of money for that game.

Soul.

OP sez
View attachment 78293
Yes.
You get wish in maybe possibly 1 hour from now.
Wonderful.
Actually the leak said that Smashville was coming to the 3DS.

The only stages I would want on the 3DS are Wii Fit Studio and Smashville.

The Wii U can have Magicant, Corneria and Arena Ferox
In a perfect world I'd get Kalos Pokémon League and Lylat Cruise on 3DS too...
I can dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom