• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I absolutely see where you're coming from here. But to the masses of the community who don't delve into the specifics, Tama will be the "Shovel Knight leaker". If it doesn't end up happening, I'm absolutely sure that his cred in this community will take damage.
Remember, just because the majority thinks something, it doesn't make it right.

I, for one, care about the facts, not what the so-called "masses" say or think, because I fully believe people really should think for themselves, question things on their own and form their own opinions.

Of course, this is just me. I'm not the kind of person to simply abide by what the majority thinks. Not without thinking and questioning.

I remember that Sal Romano also got a lot of flack for just reporting what a source told him. He merely gave a report on what he labelled as a rumor. Not his fault people don't know what the word "rumor" means and mistaking it with "leak". Online dictionaries exist and the two words have clearly distinct meanings:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rumor
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/leak

It would also help if this fanbase didn't overhype themselves this much in regards to these sort of rumors, but what can I say? History is bound to repeat itself and people don't learn from mistakes, as usual.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to get this out of my mind for a long while.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So what happened the past couple days, saw something about a snake leak?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
What is it with all these antagonist posts from you? It's gotta be a witch hunt with some people, hasn't it? There's always got to be a villain.

I have never said that SK is happening. I just reported on something I heard. Big difference. Can we not call it a leak as well? Because it's not. It's just some rumour right now.
In what way have I been antagonistic exactly? I didn't even say anything like "I want Tama to lose his credibility". It's exactly the way @SlickWylde put it. Your name is attached to this leak.
You can say you don't want it to be seen as a leak, but it's become far bigger than you, or anyone else. That's all there is to it.

If I've come across as antagonistic to you, it absolutely wasn't intentional but history is doomed to repeat itself. And every credible leaker who has given out information that has turned out false, has lost their credibility in the eyes of the community.

Calling me a villain is an absolutely pathetic response, and for something that you've blown completely out of context.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Remember, just because the majority thinks something, it doesn't make it right.

I, for one, care about the facts, not what the so-called "masses" say or think, because I fully believe people really should think for themselves, question things on their own and form their own opinions.

Of course, this is just me. I'm not the kind of person to simply abide by what the majority thinks. Not without thinking and questioning.

I remember that Sal Romano also got a lot of flack for just reporting what a source told him. He merely gave a report on what he labelled as a rumor. Not his fault people don't know what the word "rumor" means and mistaking it with "leak". Online dictionaries exist and the two words have clearly distinct meanings:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rumor
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/leak

It would also help if this fanbase didn't overhype themselves this much in regards to these sort of rumors, but what can I say? History is bound to repeat itself and people don't learn from mistakes, as usual.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to get this out of my mind for a long while.
I made the same point in my "An Intro to "Leak Busting"" article!

I think the best step we can do to fix this issue is get the difference between rumor and leak sorted out.

A leak has actual proof. So even fake images fall into this category (though they are fake-leaks)

A rumor is something someone says they heard. 4chan text posts fall into this category.

Tama

Smash Apprentice
Hold up - I've been away for a while. Did people really get mad at Push for not putting Wolf on his predictions list?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I swear I'm not dyslexic.

I'll fix it right now.
I think there's something up with the Inkling. It's...showing up as a header on my end and doesn't have poll data.

Tama

Smash Apprentice
In what way have I been antagonistic exactly? I didn't even say anything like "I want Tama to lose his credibility". It's exactly the way @SlickWylde put it. Your name is attached to this leak.
You can say you don't want it to be seen as a leak, but it's become far bigger than you, or anyone else. That's all there is to it.

If I've come across as antagonistic to you, it absolutely wasn't intentional but history is doomed to repeat itself. And every credible leaker who has given out information that has turned out false, has lost their credibility in the eyes of the community.

Calling me a villain is an absolutely pathetic response, and for something that you've blown completely out of context.
Woah. Chill! I never called you a villain. Might want to read that again :p

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hold up - I've been away for a while. Did people really get mad at Push for not putting Wolf on his predictions list?

It wasn't here. It was on Twitter/ YouTube/NeoGaf. Though it was limited to a few (very vocal) people.

I think there's something up with the Inkling. It's...showing up as a header on my end and doesn't have poll data.
Showing up as a header? Let me check.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Woah. Chill! I never called you a villain. Might want to read that again :p
"What is it with all these antagonist posts from you? It's gotta be a witch hunt with some people, hasn't it? There's always got to be a villain."

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So there is still alot of "leak"? I am ashame frankly that in any "leak" we have see now. We haven't see this person name in there. You known who i am talking about...
:troll:
No really, is this going really to be Gematsu all over again?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It wasn't here. It was on Twitter/ YouTube/NeoGaf. Though it was limited to a few (very vocal) people.

Showing up as a header? Let me check.
PushDustInk.png

Here's this in case you need a visual. I added a red arrow. Inkling's data shows up above the header.

Last edited:

Chrono.

The results for @BluePikmin11's Individual Character Polls are in! Huge thanks to @Logo12 for helping with the data!!

Go check them out!

>Tails at 64th place
>Smash started on the N64
>I'm not sure where to go after this

All jokes aside, the layout is a little confusing bur overall this is really interesting!

Ray did pretty well for being such a niche character.

Last edited:

Tama

Smash Apprentice
"What is it with all these antagonist posts from you? It's gotta be a witch hunt with some people, hasn't it? There's always got to be a villain."
I never called you a villain. I was saying that for some people, there's always got to be someone made out to be the villain in scenarios like this. In the minds of such people, there's always got to be someone to be held accountable; even when in reality, nobody is truly at fault.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking about Wolf. As much as I want him back, I'm well aware that he may not return.

I believe he has a chance, though. Three reasons for that:
- He's a veteran, meaning that a concept made for him in Smash is established and, as a result, no work is necessary in coming with a moveset design for him
- He's popular, which is something the ballot will measure and a reason why he was in Brawl
- His moveset and stature are similar to Fox, which reduces the workload necessary to implement him and another reason he was in Brawl

However, he may well be shafted in favor of more unique and innovative newcomers. Implementing him may take less work, but it takes work nonetheless.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm really impressed that the Isaac support hasn't died down. I thought after release of the game last year, his support would have died down but it stayed constant and Dixie in the top 10 proves we still got love.

Inklings being the top rated fighters are huge.

And Wonder Red in the top 15? Diplomacy hasn't fail at all. We all need that hero

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I've been on the "Wolf's not coming back" boat since the New Content Approaching stream, and I think people are way too overconfident about his chances.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Question: Was Wolf just not part of the poll? I just realized now he has no data.

Also, speak of the devil. An "Anonymous Wolf" is viewing the Doc. :p
I swear I don't hate Wolf or anything. I don't know how but somehow he didn't get copied from poll 3 to the final compiled results (probably since he was the top, I just didn't drag my mouse up enough). All the data is accessible btw. Check the Google Drive link I included in the posts. Hopefully that's the last mistake. Thank you!

MainJPW

M.T.A
Speaking about Wolf. As much as I want him back, I'm well aware that he may not return.

I believe he has a chance, though. Three reasons for that:
- He's a veteran, meaning that a concept made for him in Smash is established and, as a result, no work is necessary in coming with a moveset design for him
- He's popular, which is something the ballot will measure and a reason why he was in Brawl
- His moveset and stature are similar to Fox, which reduces the workload necessary to implement him and another reason he was in Brawl

However, he may well be shafted in favor of more unique and innovative newcomers. Implementing him may take less work, but it takes work nonetheless.
I just...don't know about that tbh.

I feel like they know how highly requested Wolf is and really...why would they waist time on bringing anyone back if that were the case? Making Roy a semi-clone took some work but they did it anyway, and we know he was way less requested than Wolf was I'm sure, but they did it for the fans.

I'm just saying with everything Wolf has going for him...why not bring him back? I get the full impression that Roy, Lucas and Mewtwo weren't brought back soley for fan request but also because Sakurai...just doesn't like cutting characters and alienating players.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Opossum Opossum PushDustIn PushDustIn

Wolf is for some reason showing in last place, though he actually should be in first place, judging by the data...
Sorry was in the middle of fixing it. Should be okay now! (Unless Opossum Opossum finds another mistake!)
This is what I wrote about Wolf's chances:

I might turn it into a full article...not sure.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm still skeptical about Wolf actually coming back at this point, but there's one thing I can 100% guarantee.

Wolf not coming back would set off a nuclear bomb of rage not unlike that which Ridley has done numerous times.

Thankfully I have a concealed nuclear bunker for if that happens.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I just...don't know about that tbh.

I feel like they know how highly requested Wolf is and really...why would they waist time on bringing anyone back if that were the case? Making Roy a semi-clone took some work but they did it anyway, and we know he was way less requested than Wolf was I'm sure, but they did it for the fans.

I'm just saying with everything Wolf has going for him...why not bring him back? I get the full impression that Roy, Lucas and Mewtwo weren't brought back soley for fan request but also because Sakurai...just doesn't like cutting characters and alienating players.
It was suggested in the New Content stream that Roy was selected due to his status as a Melee cut, while Lucas was selected as a Brawl cut. Roy was easily the most requested Melee cut after Mewtwo and the Ice Climbers (who clearly weren't gonna happen due to hardware issues), so it's not really a mystery why he was chosen.

The whole thing makes more sense if you look at it as a "Lucas vs Wolf" thing rather than a "Roy vs Wolf" thing.

I'm still skeptical about Wolf actually coming back at this point, but there's one thing I can 100% guarantee.

Wolf not coming back would set off a nuclear bomb of rage not unlike that which Ridley has done numerous times.

Thankfully I have a concealed nuclear bunker for if that happens.
Honestly, I expected the Ridley nuke to be a lot worse than it ended up being.

I didn't see much rage outside of the Ridley thread. The reaction elsewhere seemed more somber.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Kinda disappointed that Isaac is no longer the no. 1 unrepresented Nintendo franchise character in the West, though the Inklings are certainly worthy of being number 1. Ah well.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm still super confident in Wolf and I don't think he's a shoo-in.

That said, he's gonna be another Mewtwo to where people will believe he's a shoo-in for that game and he will end up being forgotten again for the next game until he's the highest requested DLC fighter.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I really want to believe Wolf will be added thanks to the strong fan demand, but it's possible they may not be working on returning characters anymore.

mark welford

Smash Ace
At this point not bringing Wolf back would be a unwise choice by Sakurai and team because he is aware of the firestorm caused by fan outrage not only that but Nintendo would be missing out on what is more than likely a easy profit.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I must admit I might feel a sense of accomplishment should Wolf be confirmed given he was the only character I voted for in the ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom