• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So, to sum up all active leaks:

Some combination of Shovel Knight, Inklings, K. Rool, and/or Ridley (sure, why not) may or may not be revealed in the next 2-3 weeks.

How did that lead to all these pages of chaos?

Last edited:

Tama

Smash Apprentice
So...
Omni says Snake and Wolf is coming.
RogersBase along with 2 others is saying a character (possibly Inlkling) is on their way and
Tama is also claiming we're getting Shovel Knight.
No, I'm not. I haven't claimed you're getting anything.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thanks for reminding me of one of my most hated changes in smash 4 :(

I loved car bowser so much
If it makes you feel better, Giga Bowser still has the old animations, so car Giga Bowser is still a thing.

I actually like the new Bowser animations and overall look, though. It better resembles Bowser from the 3D Mario games. Had a similar feeling about Luigi, Ganondorf and Yoshi in the transition from Melee to Brawl. I also like how FLUDD was implemented in Mario's moveset while Dr. Mario remained with the same moveset.

Speaking of Ganondorf, I still think it was a huge missed opportunity to have one of his Warlock Punch variants to shoot a magic ball. They even tweaked the animation a bit for the sword variant, so they could have altered it to better fit with shooting a projectile. This way, even if he remained mostly cloned from Falcon, he would still have his most iconic move.

And speaking of Tama Tama , I don't think he has said anything, just relaying what one of his sources said. It sometimes pains me how people easily misinterpret things and how truths get twisted. You know what they say: don't shoot the messenger.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
And speaking of Tama Tama , I don't think he has said anything, just relaying what one of his sources said. It sometimes pains me how people easily misinterpret things and how truths get twisted. You know what they say: don't shoot the messenger.
Whether he likes it or not, if Shovel Knight isn't in Smash it will absolutely kill his credibility.

Whether he likes it or not, if Shovel Knight isn't in Smash it will absolutely kill his credibility.
I kind of doubt that. With all the other stuff he has made it's still really clear has sources. Not like Gematsu has lost all credibility after Chrom didn't show up.
(yes I understand the differences but oh well)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Someone able to give me a full recap on everything that's happened? I'd like to get a more detailed analysis of what's happened these past days so I know where to draw my opinions from

Chrono.

(On the event that SK is fake) Knowing the Smash community they'll probably write off Tama as a cheat and a hack and then they'll go back to not giving a damn in a month.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I kind of doubt that. With all the other stuff he has made it's still really clear has sources. Not like Gematsu has lost all credibility after Chrom didn't show up.
(yes I understand the differences but oh well)
Pretty sure Gematsu had some legit stuff at some other point.

But seriously, this is the Smash community here. If Shovel Knight isn't in, then Tama's word in the Smash community won't be worth ****. That's the way it is.

D

Deleted member

I wish I had a New 3DS....

Does anyone here have the normal size New 3DS? How is it?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wish I had a New 3DS....

Does anyone here have the normal size New 3DS? How is it?
I have to decide between a New 3DS or a PS4/Xbox One by this holiday season.

I might just go New 3DD and wait on the next gen systems

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Pretty sure Gematsu had some legit stuff at some other point.

But seriously, this is the Smash community here. If Shovel Knight isn't in, then Tama's word in the Smash community won't be worth ****. That's the way it is.
I agree with A Distant Demon A Distant Demon and Frostwraith Frostwraith . Tama Tama is reporting on a rumor. If SK is not in, then it hurts his source's credibility. I know some people will hate on Tama Tama ...and even possibly even Neo Zero Neo Zero and myself if SK isn't in. But it's not like any of us are actively trying to troll the entire Smash community. We aren't lying to people. We may be mistaken, but we aren't liars in any way.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I posted this in the Disney Thread, but I feel I may as well post it here as well. It's just...ugh.

It's about the new Marvel figure announced for Disney Infinity 3.0 today. It's an alternate Captain America figure. I really wish they didn't start doing alternates, but since Marvel's mainly in charge of what figures the Marvel side gets, I can't even fault the Infinity team.

That just leaves three Marvel figures left for 3.0. One is basically confirmed to be Ant-Man (who I thought was gonna get his official reveal today, but nope. He couldn't be actually shown at Comic-Con because LOL legal reasons, amirite? He just got very very hinted at). The last two I'm banking on being Scarlet Witch and Vision. They always like having one guy and one girl come with playsets when possible, and barring us getting Alternate!Gamora or Alternate!Black Widow, I think Scarlet Witch is a good bet...it just sucks that I'll likely be forced to buy a second Captain America in order to get her, since AltCap's almost definitely coming with the Marvel playset.

Or at least I hope it's Scarlet Witch and Vision. After today I don't know what to think...

I swear, Marvel can't play nice with the other kids in that game...they're honestly worse than Gamefreak about their IP control. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I have to decide between a New 3DS or a PS4/Xbox One by this holiday season.

I might just go New 3DD and wait on the next gen systems
Having the C Stick for Smash and better EShop experience and load times on certain games has me sold on it for holidays for sure.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Burb Burb

Is @Omni trustworthy enough in your opinion?
I think he's joking.

So as some of you suggested I called my friend.

He doesn't know who it is.

But from what he knows, he's 100% it's a Smash character.

He also says he would put money on either Inklings or Ridley.

Now I seriously doubt he has the same source as Roger, though knowing his connections, it's entirely possible. But take this all with a grain of salt as usual.

The ridley part could also he him ****ing with me. But when I personally think of the details of this (again, I just found out about this this morning) it makes sense. Not winning the ballot, hype character that will blow up social media, etc...

Edit: I also want to make it clear that knowing the character roster of a Nintendo game isn't something he specializes in. His talents go elsewhere, such as knowing release dates a little before the public lol. So again, grain of salt. Actually, the entire ocean of salt.
Is this the same friend who said Mach Rider was going to be playable?

Also, smh at Ridley.

Someone able to give me a full recap on everything that's happened? I'd like to get a more detailed analysis of what's happened these past days so I know where to draw my opinions from
1. RogersBase posts on Twitter that there's going to be big Nintendo related news within the next two weeks.
2. Stealth/RPGrinder elaborates, saying it's Smash-related, and will be a character who's first party and "makes sense".
3. Zef corroborates what both said.
4. That's it.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I agree with A Distant Demon A Distant Demon and Frostwraith Frostwraith . Tama Tama is reporting on a rumor. If SK is not in, then it hurts his source's credibility. I know some people will hate on Tama Tama ...and even possibly even Neo Zero Neo Zero and myself if SK isn't in. But it's not like any of us are actively trying to troll the entire Smash community. We aren't lying to people. We may be mistaken, but we aren't liars in any way.
You get used to it after the first time :happysheep:

D

Deleted member

Wait, we talking about Ridley? Oh **** I'm back to 2014, better leak the whole game with screenshots as blurry as possible

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I've been playing a lot of Mario Maker lately. Amazing game, as most of you probably know. I got to thinking, you know how in the original Super Mario World, after clearing the Special Zone, the game's palette would change to that of Fall/Halloween (Koopa's wore Mario masks, Piranha plants were Jack-O-Lantern's, the overworld map was brown, etc) ? If you don't know what I'm talking about, just check out @Strofirko's avatar and signature or check Google, such a cool Easter Egg for the game.

Anyhow, does anyone think (or hope) that Nintendo does something like this for Mario Maker either just for Halloween time or as permanent DLC?

While I'd like it to be used at any point, I think it would make it more special if it was only available for a limited time. Either way, since Nintendo added so many little things to the game, I don't think it's too far-fetched to imagine them acknowledging this gem from SMW.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
We're talking about Too Bigley AGAIN.

That's gotten so old. Should we bring back Bayonetta talk?

Might as well

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I absolutely see where you're coming from here. But to the masses of the community who don't delve into the specifics, Tama will be the "Shovel Knight leaker". If it doesn't end up happening, I'm absolutely sure that his cred in this community will take damage.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So. Will I be able to download the Star Wars Battlefront Beta through my PS4, or do I need to download it from their online store, or something? It's impossible to get answers about this. :/

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I absolutely see where you're coming from here. But to the masses of the community who don't delve into the specifics, Tama will be the "Shovel Knight leaker". If it doesn't end up happening, I'm absolutely sure that his cred in this community will take damage.
Agreed. Just like @vaanrose was the leakier last year. He had nothing much to do with it, but people started dragging his name through the mud and associating him with a leak. Unfortunately if you say anything and people listen, you're screwed :/ People are dumb dumbs.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Wait, we talking about Ridley? Oh **** I'm back to 2014, better leak the whole game with screenshots as blurry as possible
We're talking about Too Bigley AGAIN.

That's gotten so old. Should we bring back Bayonetta talk?

Might as well
It's not a Con0rrrr Con0rrrr leak without Ridley. :awesome:

So... Ridley is being speculated and might be possible?

RIP THREAD. WE HARDLY KNEW YA'.
Uhhh......no.

People are guessing Ridley because the word "big" was used in one of the tweets we've been talking about for the past two days. Con0rrrr's source says it could be Ridley, but given that Con0rrrr himself said it might be a joke, and Con0rrrr's own past of putting Ridley in literally every leak and theory he's posted, it should be taken with a grain of salt.

That's seriously the extent of it.

Last edited:

Tama

Smash Apprentice
What is it with all these antagonistic posts from you? It's gotta be a witch hunt with some people, hasn't it? There's always got to be a villain.

I have never said that SK is happening. I just reported on something I heard. Big difference. Can we not call it a leak as well? Because it's not. It's just some rumour right now.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
What is it with all these antagonist posts from you? It's gotta be a witch hunt with some people, hasn't it? There's always got to be a villain.

I have never said that SK is happening. I just reported on something I heard. Big difference. Can we not call it a leak as well? Because it's not. It's just some rumour right now.
Well, to be fair, your avatar gives of a impression of villain-ness.

Seriously though, hope you are well, Tama-chan!

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Eh... to be honest, I feel like this has been a crazy 48 hours. A lot of hype has been happening and this character drought has really made it crazy.

In my mind right now, I feel like this is going to become another Gematsu. I feel we're going to see a Third-Party character that's not Shovel Knight, just because it would destroy all the leaks in one blow XD. That might not happen, but it would be cool seeing something we never expected to happen again.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
What is it with all these antagonist posts from you? It's gotta be a witch hunt with some people, hasn't it? There's always got to be a villain.

In this case, I think he meant that unfortunately people will associate the leak with you, and blame you if it doesn't come through, based on past leaks. A member here was being named as a leaker when he never tried to leak anything, and some people (from my memory) said some mean things about him.

I *assume that's what he's referring to, not that he WANTS you to lose credibility. I don't think any of us here wish you ill :)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

If Bandana Dee is in fact the rumored character, and if the rumor is true, the SK rumor could very well become the next Gematsu.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Eh... to be honest, I feel like this has been a crazy 48 hours. A lot of hype has been happening and this character drought has really made it crazy.

In my mind right now, I feel like this is going to become another Gematsu. I feel we're going to see a Third-Party character that's not Shovel Knight, just because it would destroy all the leaks in one blow XD. That might not happen, but it would be cool seeing something we never expected to happen again.
At this point, the RogersBase leak is more likely to be real between the two......for the sole reason that it's so vague that pretty much any 1st party character could be announced and the leak would be verified. It doesn't even have to fall within the two week timeframe given, seeing as how Gematsu said Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Miis would be revealed at E3 2013 and still lived on in spite of that.

If Bandana Dee is in fact the rumored character, and if the rumor is true, the SK rumor could very well become the next Gematsu.
Given the comments about it being a "character who makes sense", "will generate a ton of hype", and "would make it in Smash eventually", I highly, highly doubt it's Bandanna Dee.

Bandanna Dee doesn't fit any of those descriptions. He's a somewhat popular pick, but I don't think he's the sort of character who would would generate hype on that scale, or would be a guaranteed newcomer in future games.

Though the leak would likely be considered by many to be verified regardless of who it ends up being (as long as they're first party and popular, two traits that are pretty much a given for one of the next characters), I'm quite certain they're trying to point towards it being Inkling. No character fits the description better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom