• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Which makes me think of R.O.B. not having a trailer in the Brawl days, like talk about adding insult to the injury. :troll:

Chrom should definitely be kept secret (like not getting an early reveal), shouldn't happen since knowing all three Fire Emblem reps that early wouldn't make any sense since of of the three could be unlockable.
I'm starting to think the leaker only knows about the characters that have trailers so Chrom and Chorus Men getting revealed before release would make perfect sense.
This also opens up the possibility that there are a good few Hidden Newcomers my guesses are Takamaru, K.Rool. Ridley (or not), and Isaac.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm starting to think the leaker only knows about the characters that have trailers so Chrom and Chorus Men getting revealed before release would make perfect sense.
This also opens up the possibility that there are a good few Hidden Newcomers my guesses are Takamaru, K.Rool. Ridley (or not), and Isaac.
True, true. After the following characters are revealed on these last few months, we could wind up see all hidden newcomers post launch and Sal might bring them up before the game actually launches. While it would be interesting to see Taka with a trailer, I just don't think we will be needing it to be a popular character in the competitive scene or fanbase. R.O.B. and Wolf are pretty great examples of this too.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Told you. Never forget that Sakurai is a master ruseman. Today has brought on great news! Now with the confirmation that Chrom isn't a character, Gematsu leak has finally been debunked. Now people can finally shut up about it and speculation can be fun again.

And I can finally be optimistic about our favourite samurai again! Let the hype commence.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Takamaru bros, we have triumphed for the moment. Also, Fire Emblem heads who wanted something more than blue haired sword lord. Also, people who wanted a REAL mage.

Today was a good day.

@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan : (Male) Robin is TOTALLY getting casted as Enishi for that Kenshin/Takamaru video.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Told you. Never forget that Sakurai is a master ruseman. Today has brought on great news! Now with the confirmation that Chrom isn't a character, Gematsu leak has finally been debunked. Now people can finally shut up about it and speculation can be fun again.

And I can finally be optimistic about our favourite samurai again! Let the hype commence.
Arigato, Sakurai-san!

The leak
is officially dead for not only killing off Chrom but making Salk's Shulk email irrelevant. To return back to the topic at hand, I'm still on the Takamaru bandwagon as always and hope that he might be revealed before the game come's out to cause even more "unexpectedness factor" (since he's still considered unexpected to the public and anyone that doesn't frequent Smashboards). Even though there's bigger chance that he can still be a hidden newcomer, a man can still dream right?

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
I almost gave up hope, but then...Robin and Lucina happened. I'm so relieved that the Gematsu leak has been debunked (more or less) and now we're free to speculate and such again. Here's hoping Takamaru makes it! Speaking of Takamaru, I've ran across something rather interesting. I stopped by a thread called "Sakurai's Figures" and found out that Sakurai uses figures to visualize how characters would move and play. More than one person on the thread claimed that there was a picture of one of the figures in a "seiza" sitting position. Apparently this sitting position meant a lot to Samurai or something. The picture has now been erased and doesn't seem to exist at all any where on the internet... Suspicious, huh? Could this be another hint at Takamaru? One of the figures was also posing like Little Mac, so there's that as well. Has anyone witnessed this "seiza" figure picture of Sakurai's? I believe this could give Takamaru even more of a chance.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of Takamaru, I've ran across something rather interesting. I stopped by a thread called "Sakurai's Figures" and found out that Sakurai uses figures to visualize how characters would move and play. More than one person on the thread claimed that there was a picture of one of the figures in a "seiza" sitting position. Apparently this sitting position meant a lot to Samurai or something. The picture has now been erased and doesn't seem to exist at all any where on the internet... Suspicious, huh? Could this be another hint at Takamaru? One of the figures was also posing like Little Mac, so there's that as well. Has anyone witnessed this "seiza" figure picture of Sakurai's? I believe this could give Takamaru even more of a chance.
I did remember seeing that image and figured that the pose itself could relate to him since he's the only samurai that comes to mind when thinking of Super Smash Bros. Even looking at Greninja, I didn't recall him making a pose similar to that out of all the screenshots that I've seen. Maybe he might be saved as a secret character if Sakurai when out of his way to remove it from those who would over-analyze it.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
I did remember seeing that image and figured that the pose itself could relate to him since he's the only samurai that comes to mind when thinking of Super Smash Bros. Even looking at Greninja, I didn't recall him making a pose similar to that out of all the screenshots that I've seen. Maybe he might be saved as a secret character if Sakurai when out of his way to remove it from those who would over-analyze it.
I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps Takamaru is being saved as a secret character or something. I mean, I see no other reason why he would erase it like that. I wish I knew what it looked like. I also find it quite odd that The Mysterious Murasame Castle still hasn't been released in the US yet. What are they waiting for exactly?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps Takamaru is being saved as a secret character or something. I mean, I see no other reason why he would erase it like that. I wish I knew what it looked like. I also find it quite odd that The Mysterious Murasame Castle still hasn't been released in the US yet. What are they waiting for exactly?
I've always thought of Takamaru as secret character material.
My thoughts have never changed on that subject either I truly think we won't know if he's in or out until September, 16th, the Japanese release date.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just Nintendo of America and their usual laziness and/or indecisiveness. It's as if they think that America will only love something that has minimal to no Japanese cultural references to boggle their minds. I'm not surprised why Europe gets to have the game localized in their area first.

Last edited:

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
I've always thought of Takamaru as secret character material.
My thoughts have never changed on that subject either I truly think we won't know if he's in or out until September, 16th, the Japanese release date.
Yeah, I think so too. We'll just have to wait and see. The suspense is real.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
We over at the Shulk support thread have come up with a new comer that I believe both of our fan bases can support. Behold, the power of the Takamonado! (credit to @Solfiner)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I will become so immensely hype if that roster turns out to be true. Takamaru, Palutena, Greninja, Marth, Pit, Robin & Rosalina would for certain become my most used characters.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Staarih

Smash Master
This is a recent leak roster with Takamaru in it, he might have meant this:

Mario, Link, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Ness, Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Falco, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Marth, G&W, Wario, Diddy Kong, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Meta Knight, King DeDeDe, Wolf, Charizard, Lucario, Lucas, Ike, Pit, Olimar, R.O.B., Sonic 37
Newcomers:
Villager, Mega Man, WFT, Rosalina, Little Mac, Greninja, Mii Fighter, Palutena, Pac-Man, Lucina, Robin, Shulk, Marshal, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Dark Pit, Medusa, Takamaru, Excitebiker.
Ness will be next character revealed. Shulk around 8/15.

I don't buy it though. (No Ridley! and 4 KI reps is a bit much huh?)

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We over at the Shulk support thread have come up with a new comer that I believe both of our fan bases can support. Behold, the power of the Takamonado! (credit to @Solfiner)

Speaking of this, I like the little rumor that came out on Tuesday that there were two more trailers left and the new characters shown off in the first would be Shulk and Takamaru and the second would show Marshall and Dixie. It's probably bunk and just an attempt to cash in on people's wishlists but I'd love for this to be the case. Past East vs Future West is such a cool concept for a trailer and a Rhythm Heaven + Donkey Konga trailer would be too perfect for words to describe. I guess we'll know in about a month's time when the next Nintendo Direct is probably due.

Add in: Also, I wanted to add that I feel like the remaining trailers are going to show off multiple characters regardless simply because 4 of the last 5 have revealed at least two. Greninja-Charizard, Mii Gunner-Mii Brawler-Mii Swordsman, Pacman-Mr. Game and Watch, and Lucina-Robin-Captain Falcon. Some argue that Palutena's was possibly a hint at Dark Pit but I'm not convinced.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Speaking of this, I like the little rumor that came out on Tuesday that there were two more trailers left and the new characters shown off in the first would be Shulk and Takamaru and the second would show Marshall and Dixie. It's probably bunk and just an attempt to cash in on people's wishlists but I'd love for this to be the case. Past East vs Future West is such a cool concept for a trailer and a Rhythm Heaven + Donkey Konga trailer would be too perfect for words to describe. I guess we'll know in about a month's time when the next Nintendo Direct is probably due.

Add in: Also, I wanted to add that I feel like the remaining trailers are going to show off multiple characters regardless simply because 4 of the last 5 have revealed at least two. Greninja-Charizard, Mii Gunner-Mii Brawler-Mii Swordsman, Pacman-Mr. Game and Watch, and Lucina-Robin-Captain Falcon. Some argue that Palutena's was possibly a hint at Dark Pit but I'm not convinced.
Do you have a link to this rumor?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wouldn't put stock into any rumors no matter how believable they are, hence why I've taken the Gematsu Leak lightly from the beginning. But I really agree that having both Shulk and Takamaru in the same game would be very great in my book.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think that rumor was posted after the reveal, I wouldn't trust it IMO.
It's basically just building off Gematsu but I feel like it does it more sensibly than others in the past. This doesn't feel like it's trying to mindlessly satisfy everybody's wishlists like most do so I give the creator credit in that regard. Like I said, more than likely fake but I wish it were true.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It's basically just building off Gematsu but I feel like it does it more sensibly than others in the past. This doesn't feel like it's trying to mindlessly satisfy everybody's wishlists like most do so I give the creator credit in that regard. Like I said, more than likely fake but I wish it were true.
Me as well, however the lack of Snake makes me cringe.
But if Takamaru was in and Snake was out it would be bitter sweet so I'd be okay with it.

Staarih

Smash Master
I noticed @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy mention in the Shulk-thread that this thread has only 11 listed Takamaru-supporters! We must get that number higher! First step is to add me to the list!

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I noticed @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy mention in the Shulk-thread that this thread has only 11 listed Takamaru-supporters! We must get that number higher! First step is to add me to the list!
You'll have to tag @Xenoblaze if you want to be added.
And Welcome to thread.:bee:

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
You guys are talking about the Pipe Burst Leak, right? I saw that a while ago and made a visual representation of what it would look like. Check it out.

Pipe Burst Roster.JPG

Personally, I'd love this roster. It'd be perfect. In the "leak", he said that the Mii Fighters don't share a slot with everyone, and that Random is on top of the screen now. I didn't put these things in the picture, but I just kind of tossed this together just to envision the possibility of it being true. I hope it is (most likely not though).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dawn of the tetri-final month, only two months left until the game's Japanese release and thee months until we most likely see all hidden content (including the possible addition of Takamaru).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You guys are talking about the Pipe Burst Leak, right? I saw that a while ago and made a visual representation of what it would look like. Check it out.

View attachment 18534

Personally, I'd love this roster. It'd be perfect. In the "leak", he said that the Mii Fighters don't share a slot with everyone, and that Random is on top of the screen now. I didn't put these things in the picture, but I just kind of tossed this together just to envision the possibility of it being true. I hope it is (most likely not though).
I'd really like this roster too. I'd get 5 of my top 10 and all 3 of my top 3 so I'd be perfectly content. I broke even with my top 10 list with Brawl too so I think it'd be a fair compromise.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Considering that Chrom was rejected for being a "generic swordsman", I hope the same thing isn't the case for Takamaru since he has plenty of material to chose from in order to make himself unique. :(

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Considering that Chrom was rejected for being a "generic swordsman", I hope the same thing isn't the case for Takamaru since he has plenty of material to chose from in order to make himself unique. :(
Sakurai compared him to Marth and Ike.
There is no way you can compare Takamaru to Ike or Marth he's totally different from them.
In concept and gameplay.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sakurai compared him to Marth and Ike.
There is no way you can compare Takamaru to Ike or Marth he's totally different from them.
In concept and gameplay.
You are right, juts a little paranoid since it turns out that Sakurai can change his mind during development easily. The Forbidden 7 comes to mind when I say that.

Like you, he can't really be compared to anyone on the roster since a majority of the swordsmen we have so far wield only European inspired swords as opposed to Japanese ones like Taka.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
I'd really like this roster too. I'd get 5 of my top 10 and all 3 of my top 3 so I'd be perfectly content. I broke even with my top 10 list with Brawl too so I think it'd be a fair compromise.
I pretty much get everyone I wanted on this roster. The only two missing are Isaac/Matthew and Lip. I honestly think that this roster is the best that I've seen in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom