• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Releases 'Nintendo Minute' Video From EVO 2014

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
It's really awesome that Nintendo's supporting the competitive community! Their future's gonna be awesome, if they keep this up! :grin:

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
you guy's just don't get it huh?
it doesn't matter how much nintendo wants to support and listen to the competitive scene, or casual scene or even the casual elitists because it's all in sakurai's hands.Doesn't matter if you shake Reggie's hand or get to have a constructive sitdown with Iwata or any other nintendo bigwig. Sakurai's still gonna make the game promote campy defensive play with god awful brawl airdodges years of lag on aerials a couple ridiculously broken characters,with the most advanced technique being *wait for it* running up and shielding, if he feels like it. Must be that idiotic bowl cut he rocks keeping him from listening to reason and fogging up his brain on what a fun, yet advanced and competitive game really could be like.
Yeah!! Cuz if it's not melee, it's not a good smash game. VIVA LA MELEE!! BRING BACK MEWTWO AND ROY!!! GIVE US MELEE 2!! FOX ONLY, NO ITEMS, FINAL DESTINATION!!

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I hope Nintendo will continue to support the smash community post smash bros for WiiU/3DS release. And hopefully continue to support the community for as long as possible.

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't focus on the video once everyone kept saying "like" after everything they said lol. It is nice to see Nintendo taking the time to get to know the community, I love this.

Lucumo

Smash Rookie
Gotta love how everyone is so blindly positive towards Nintendo for no real reason. The new Smash will crush their hopes and happiness.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well I have never seen a Nintendo minute and thought it was an actual minute, well I feel stupid that it is 14 minutes.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Gotta love how everyone is so blindly positive towards Nintendo for no real reason. The new Smash will crush their hopes and happiness.
Because they're Nintendo and being a jerk is bad?

Last edited:

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
Twilight Princess was amazing.

The world needs more people like you, we need to spread a cloud of negativity and senseless bashing all across the world, Brawl was a great game with a ton of shortcomings, Smash4 will be polished and better, and there are multiple reports of the 3DS version (Closer to finished) being faster and snappier, with lower landing lag. But it doesn't matter how much good things you hear about the game, you'll keep bashing Nintendo, Sakurai and Smash4, go back to Melee and leave this game alone!
If you didn't like Twilight Princess, you were probably a terrorist.

Sakurai and Nintendo listen to the people (see the rise in attention to the competitive scene, the characters included in this game, and on Nintendo's end, the fact that there's been 8 gosh-darn Mario Kart games because people keep buying them up for some reason.) However, they ultimately make what they want to make, given whatever constraints they perceive in the world.

However again, to say that Brawl was a great game is a strong overstatement, in my opinion. The soundtrack was great. The rest was not (again, in my opinion, even though this part doesn't need saying by now, more than likely.) Project M fixed its problems, but I didn't play that until sometime this year. But if somebody wants to bash this new Smash without even playing it, then sure, fine, let 'em. Their negativity will only affect you as much as you'll let it. The good news for all of us is that whether (in your opinion) this new game winds up bad, or good, or beyond good & evil (New Challenger Approaching!), there will always be Melee, and nothing's gonna ever take that away from us.

Edit Add-on: The fact that Sakurai seems to be taking a fair amount of notes from Project M seems to be a positive sign that I'll like the new game(s), though, and also shows that the dude is not completely in a bubble.

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Nice to see Nintendo supporting the competitive scene!

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Looking forward to SSB4, but still so disappointed that Marth is too slow in this game! FIX IT.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
Edit Add-on: The fact that Sakurai seems to be taking a fair amount of notes from Project M seems to be a positive sign that I'll like the new game(s), though, and also shows that the dude is not completely in a bubble.
Um... There's no truth to any of this.

Acryte

Smash Ace
When people argue about how L cancelling is dumb I just think about how defensive and campy melee would be if every attack had the full landing lag they intentionally gave each move... we got lucky that we had the option to reduce it by half. They don't put much thought into how much lag people have upon landing and if it can be punished much. They just throw characters together and decide on if the play for that character seems fluid on a casual level.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
When people argue about how L cancelling is dumb I just think about how defensive and campy melee would be if every attack had the full landing lag they intentionally gave each move... we got lucky that we had the option to reduce it by half. They don't put much thought into how much lag people have upon landing and if it can be punished much. They just throw characters together and decide on if the play for that character seems fluid on a casual level.
They argue L canceling is dumb because its a artificial tech barrier, since there's no situation where you don't want to do it. Also, its easier to have lower landing lag on all chars too.

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
It's the same with pokemon. They create pokemon, moves, items and abilities they think are cool and then the fans develop it into a competitive scene.

pickle962

Smash Lord
I'd rather be an optimist than a cynical pessimist to be honest. I find its MUCH better for my mental health in the long run.

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
Look at it dude. She swings 3 times. She hits Samus with the first and second, and Greninja with the 3rd.
No, she has two. I main Marth so I know what I'm talking about.

The first hit of Marth's nair has little knock back, and his second hit sends the opponent flying. Samus gets hit by both the first and the second hit, while Greninja only gets hit by the second hit.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
No, she has two. I main Marth so I know what I'm talking about.

The first hit of Marth's nair has little knock back, and his second hit sends the opponent flying. Samus gets hit by both the first and the second hit, while Greninja only gets hit by the second hit.
Count the number of times she swings her sword in front of her. She swings 3 times. And this is Lucina we're talking about. Not Marth.

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
Count the number of times she swings her sword in front of her. She swings 3 times. And this is Lucina we're talking about. Not Marth.
*facepalm

Sakurai said Lucina's moves are identical, so if Marth swings twice, Lucina swings twice. I did count the hit and she hit twice. You don't even need to count, you just have to look at it. Marth has had that same nair since Melee.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
*facepalm

Sakurai said Lucina's moves are identical, so if Marth swings twice, Lucina swings twice. I did count the hit and she hit twice. You don't even need to count, you just have to look at it. Marth has had that same nair since Melee.
She swings 3 times. It's literally right in front of you. You're the one making me facepalm. Just because Lucina is a Marth clone, it doesn't mean all her moves are exactly the same.

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
She swings 3 times. It's literally right in front of you. You're the one making me facepalm. Just because Lucina is a Marth clone, it doesn't mean all her moves are exactly the same.
El-Oh-El

Now I'm gonna try explaining this really slowly.

They're literally the same move. Sakurai said that Lucina has the same physical abilities as Marth, which means her moves are the same as Marth's. This also includes the nair. Her moves look exactly like Marth's. The only difference between Lucina and Marth is that one has a tipper while the other has balanced damage across the blade. Marth's nair hits twice. Lucina's nair hits twice. It in no way looks like it hits 3 times.

If you still don't understand, then read my post again until you do. If for some reason you still think her nair hits 3 times, then I'm done. Maybe someone else can explain it to you. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go watch Tantalus stream.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
El-Oh-El

They're literally the same move. Sakurai said that Lucina has the same physical abilities as Marth, which means her moves are the same as Marth's. This also includes the nair. Her moves look exactly like Marth's. The only difference between Lucina and Marth is that one has a tipper while the other has balanced damage across the blade. Marth's nair hits twice. Lucina's nair hits twice. It in no way looks like it hits 3 times.

If you still don't understand, then read my post again until you do. If for some reason you still think her nair hits 3 times, then I'm done. Maybe someone else can explain it to you. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go watch Tantalus stream.
Thanks for explaining. There really are only two swings, but there's a spin-around on the final one that makes it look like 3. Sorry for being a stubborn ass. :p

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
El-Oh-El

It does hit 3 times. It hits Samus twice, and hits Greninja once. That's 3 hits, and that's where he got confused. Marth's would do the same thing, yes, but that's just where he saw 3 hits.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Warning Received
you guy's just don't get it huh?
it doesn't matter how much nintendo wants to support and listen to the competitive scene, or casual scene or even the casual elitists because it's all in sakurai's hands.Doesn't matter if you shake Reggie's hand or get to have a constructive sitdown with Iwata or any other nintendo bigwig. Sakurai's still gonna make the game promote campy defensive play with god awful brawl airdodges years of lag on aerials a couple ridiculously broken characters,with the most advanced technique being *wait for it* running up and shielding, if he feels like it. Must be that idiotic bowl cut he rocks keeping him from listening to reason and fogging up his brain on what a fun, yet advanced and competitive game really could be like.
Pay attention to all the likes your post didn't get. You can learn from them.

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
It does hit 3 times. It hits Samus twice, and hits Greninja once. That's 3 hits, and that's where he got confused. Marth's would do the same thing, yes, but that's just where he saw 3 hits.
Yeah it hit 3 times but only has two swings. Therefore two hit boxes.
Thanks for explaining. There really are only two swings, but there's a spin-around on the final one that
makes it look like 3. Sorry for being a stubborn ***. :p
No problem man. It's all good.

Top Bottom