• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Doesnt Hate Europe, They Just Dont Care.

EpitomeX

Smash Cadet
Don't complain, at least you have rumored release dates. April or May isn't that bad.

Nintendo Hates Australia, and They Don't Care ^_^ they dont really, i just thought i'd say that
Amen.

We do however occasionally get games before the NTSC countries do, e.g. Strikers. That said, it's clear that NTSC countries make sure that they get priority over the most anticipated games (e.g. Brawl).

Not to worry, with China (a PAL country) on the rise, perhaps we will get a Chinese imitation Wii (Chii) with Chinese imitation games.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
If I was a mod, I'd probably ban you for that.
Why? I think he has a perfectly legitimate reason to complain.

And I'm Australian. I consider myself a European when I go on messageboards though, just because it's easier. And I'm going to import the game.

And I like what that prophet/insider said. She had everything right? Hmmm... Hopefully she is right about the Euro release. :)

susu_atari

Smash Ace
In Europe, it's only really in the UK that gaming is big. In mainland Europe it still hasn't really taken off.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
if i was a mod, i´d kick y´alls ***** -.-
come on... this thread was good till now :D

@stormeagle: http://www.germansmash.pytalhost.com/forum/
lol xD still stalking

i hope the april/may thing is true, that´d make the wait durable... also, i´ll be done with school right at that moment :D
so i really like that rumor :D
but still, its like 4-5 month after the japanese release... quite a while xD

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
If I was a mod, I'd call myself Linc and get friends named Pete and Julie.

But yeah, Nintendo, lazy, blabla...I don't care anymore...I just want my Brawl. :(

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
At least Australia always gets Animal Crossing before us :p

But yeah, I think Australians deserve to get more annoyed than Europeans, since although I guess you could argue PAL should just be and stay in English, there are no other languages in AUS PAL. Why do they have to wait so long? Even longer than Europe a lot of the time?

Not only does Europe's lazy release system make no sense, Australia's makes much less sense. It's really not fair.

Converting NTSC to PAL and releasing in Australia ASAP would be brilliant, because English EU players wouldn't have to wait for the translated version

Like people have said though:

Nyasenya: April/May for Europe. Not bad I guess, especially since that's only a month or so after US, and US is only a month or so after Japan.

Pretty even I guess >=D

turboether

Smash Cadet
because PAL regions are largely thought to be casual gamer regions (this is actually pretty true). thats why we get mario kart first. ...yay? \o/

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
We also got Minish Cap first, and that was a soupa leet game.

But yeah, we've been getting Mario Kart games first quite often...

sweetbrother

Smash Rookie
We do however occasionally get games before the NTSC countries do, e.g. Strikers. That said, it's clear that NTSC countries make sure that they get priority over the most anticipated games (e.g. Brawl).
Obviously europe are going to get mario strikers before the u.s. Because football or (soccer as the u.s. says) is popular in europe. See the release dates for these type of games on gamefaqs, its not just a cowincedence.

EpitomeX

Smash Cadet
Obviously europe are going to get mario strikers before the u.s. Because football or (soccer as the u.s. says) is popular in europe. See the release dates for these type of games on gamefaqs, its not just a cowincedence.
Never implied that it was a coincidence, all I was actually saying was that the release dates are manipulated, and that they aren't stalled simply because of NTSC to PAL issues.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Ok, last question: Is there any way to tell PlayAsia.com to write "gift" on my package? ^^

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Woah. April and May is....great! A pre-summer release. I really thought it'd be september or something.
I don't really know wether there's a lot of smashers. I guess I'll crack a Falcon joke sometime.
Probably not, since most stuff I hear about the Wii is that ******** bias type. Flapping like an idiot to do minigames, you know.

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
The difference is the type of game, notice how metriod prime games 1 & 3 were released in both u.s. and europe in the same month, and japan got it months later.
That's because Prime was developed in America, not Japan, so we got the priority. Plus it's a western-type game, which appeals to our markets more and first.

Why don't you move to a better country, like Japan or America? LOL

Wight

Smash Apprentice
This is really really bad. But I doubt it would be in april, since if it was that early (... early..) then they would have given us the date already. If its May 30th it wont be so bad. Since thats the day after my 18th birthday. I was thinking of going out getting hammered, but if brawl comes out the next day then... meh.

Gamestop here in Finland at least has posted on their anticipated games board that Brawl is coming out in "Summer" and considering our arctic conditions, April isnt exactly Summer. But then again the credibility of that date is probably comparable to none.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
May 30th won't be so bad? Guys, admit it: Any date that is more than 30 days after the American release is a shame. Period.

I'm not taking this NoE crap anymore. Always, ALWAYS Europe get's the games months, sometimes even YEARS after Japan and the US of A, even if the games are virtuall unchanged and the only thing translated is the manual. It seems that we got used to it, but this time it's over the top for me. Brawl is the ONLY reason for me to have/buy a Wii. So screw you, Nintendo of Europe!

MetalGearLink

Smash Apprentice
Because you speak English, one of the most widely spoken languages in the world? In fact, it's the one language that's the most common as a second language, meaning that a game in English has a much greater chance of being understandable across the globe than a game in any other language.

I'm Swedish. I don't demand, expect or even want games to be translated into Swedish.
yeah down in latin america we get all of our games in English, spain is a much smaller market but they get their games in spanish, we don't cause each contry is an independent market, and to be honest most people prefer to have them in english instead of waiting 6 months more for them

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo cares enough about Europe to release Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland there.

Marketing! It hurts!

Top Bottom