• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS Direct on 8/29

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
C'mooon, Chorus Kids...

and yeah, I honestly think they're late unlockables, and that the "missing stage" on the 3DS leak is a Rhythm Heaven stage. :p Honestly they're the last newcomer I still have hope for.
But Chorus Kids are 3 characters (Which would be a huge Middle Finger to Ice Climber fans) Do you mean you want Marshal?

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
So wait, will this be for English only people too, like most directs? Looking at the first few comments makes me think it will be Japanese only. :T Also, that is suuuuper early in the morning where I am. (4 am) [](/ajugh)

Last edited:

Svenshinhan

Smash Cadet
Good thing I've been learning Japanese! Hoping for at least another character reveal, if they're going to feature Smash at all (this close to release it would be weird not to). I'm also curious to see if what they end up showing will be influenced at all by the recent leaks.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Speculation and hype running at an all time high? More like an all-time low...

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Newcomer trailer?
Bowser Jr.
Shulk
DHD
Dr. mario in 1 trailer?

Hopefully :3 (most unlikely though)
:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:
I highly doubt that, even if Sakurai knew about the leak I think it'd take more than three weeks to make a CGI trailer just for the leaked characters.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
So the direct is tomorrow... Friday... Friday has 6 letters in it.... 6 + 8 = pasta, so if Earth still plays chess at 36pm, that can only mean one thing:

Mario confirmed.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
It'll talk about Smash 3DS no doubt. I just wonder what other games that they will be talking about. New games mostly? I mean what big games are coming out that we already know about? If there IS any, I'd honestly like to know.

PKmeloa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3394-3640-7660
It'll talk about Smash 3DS no doubt. I just wonder what other games that they will be talking about. New games mostly? I mean what big games are coming out that we already know about? If there IS any, I'd honestly like to know.
Probably like Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire. Those are the only two I can think of.

Themandme

Smash Ace
NNID
shadowthehegehog
3DS FC
3222-5798-4330
I do not think there will be a character because they would not reveal it for japan but not America at the same time.maybe a veteran.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
If this really is at 7:00 AM Eastern...I doubt there'll be more than a Japanese version of the Direct. We might see some smaller information, but I'd be surprised if there was anything as big as a character reveal when it's that freakishly early for part of the world.

Last edited:

Wren.

Smash Rookie
NNID
lostmessengers
It'd be awesome to get a Metroid 3DS announcement, and maybe a little somethin somethin on Ridley?

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Maybe this was the reason for the boring PotD's this past week. Building the hype caused from the leak by ignoring the fact and then explodes with crazy reveals during the Direct!

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
is this just a regular 3ds direct?
i thought it was a smash 3ds direct,

oh well, we will more than definitly get some major smash news anyway.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Eh, people are still going to complain.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Golden Sun 4 announcement!!!! :p

And then Isaac confirmed for Smash 4 :)

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
It will be 10 minutes straight of Sakurai staring directly into the camera and gently tapping a pen on his desk. Then it'll get louder and louder and the stare will become more aggressive. He'll start to crack a smile smile at first and then he'll laugh as a newcomer trailer starts to play and reveals Metal Mario to spite everyone.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
It will be 10 minutes straight of Sakurai staring directly into the camera and gently tapping a pen on his desk. Then it'll get louder and louder and the stare will become more aggressive. He'll start to crack a smile smile at first and then he'll laugh as a newcomer trailer starts to play and reveals Metal Mario to spite everyone.
And Tanooki Mario as well :p

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm not catching dis one, nor do I think Smash will be covered, but here's hoping to Majoras Mask 3D and some coverage of Pokemon ORAS and SB Shattered Crystal!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But Chorus Kids are 3 characters (Which would be a huge Middle Finger to Ice Climber fans) Do you mean you want Marshal?
Absolutely not. I'd really dislike it if Marshall got in.

Yes, there are three, but they do not have to function like the Ice Climbers. Instead, they'd share one giant hurtbox, but instead make up for it with having seemingly wacky disjointed hitboxes, especially if they could add a rhythm mechanic into the mix.

Marshall's honestly dull. I feel the Chorus Kids are a far better representation of what Rhythm Heaven is all about. That, and they're much cuter.

Top Bottom