• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 3DS Direct on 8/29

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A new Nintendo Direct that focuses on various Nintendo 3DS titles was officially confirmed earlier today. As of right now, this is a Japanese Nintendo 3DS Direct and there may not be an English version available. The North American Nintendo website has yet to update the website with the Direct. The Japanese site for Nintendo updated the main page with information regarding the 3DS Direct.

The Nintendo 3DS Direct is scheduled to air on August 29th, at 8:00 pm Japanese Standard Time (JST). For those in the states, that is 7:00 am Eastern Standard Time (EST). For those unfamiliar with time zones, here is a helpful website that will tell you when it will air in your time zone:
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/asia/jst.html

The actual contents of the Nintendo 3DS content is currently unknown but seeing as how Super Smash Bros. 3DS is set to be released in Japan is almost two weeks, it is highly probable that we may get some sort of information concerning the game and it's release. Some have speculated that:
  • There will be a character confirmation (or more)
  • Information about when the eShop release will be available
  • Information concerning various modes that Sakurai has been updating through the Picture of the Day on MiiVerse
With the latest roster leak which showed Shulk and Bowser Jr. through a gameplay video as well as a picture featuring Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Duck Hunt Dog as newcomers, speculation and hype is running at an all time high. It is possible that we might even see a surprise character that neither of the leaks showed. It is really anyone's guess what will be revealed during this Direct or if we will even get Smash 3DS information. There has yet to be any announcement by the director of the games, Masahiro Sakurai on MiiVerse but that might happen after Friday's PotD. To discuss about this Direct, please go to the following thread in the Smash 4 3DS category: http://smashboards.com/threads/new-3ds-direct-for-japan.365640/

Regardless, for those who are able to, tune into the Japanese Nintendo Direct website for latest news regarding Nintendo 3DS titles and possibly Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. If NOA updates the website with information regarding an English-version Nintendo 3DS Direct, we ill update this article with that information.

Venus is bummed because he has to attend a dinner at 7 pm tomorrow so he will be unable to watch the Direct live. Rub it in his face by watching the Direct live from your couch and then follow him on Twitter VenustoBloom to further antagonize him.

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I'm Calling That Mach Rider will be announced if Smash Is shown And does anyone know the places where I can watch it? Do I just go to JP Nintendo Website?

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
I hope we get to see Smash Run! I need confirmation on whether or not it's a 3DS-exclusive mode...

JDavisR (NIX)

Smash Lord
NNID
Robertson1
3DS FC
2337-4618-3776
Venus is bummed because he has to attend a dinner at 7 pm tomorrow so he will be unable to watch the Direct live. Rub it in his face by watching the Direct live from your couch and then follow him on Twitter VenustoBloom to further antagonize him.
Good thing it's at 7am then lol
Edit: note to self, never post things until after I eat lunch every day. I tend to forget things lol

Last edited:

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
Watch Sakurai pull out something completely different and reveal Mewtwo or (brace yourselves) Ridley, or any other character not on the leak

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Watch as we find out that there's absolutely nothing Smash-related in the Direct.

Or at the very least, we get nothing but more menu screenshots that confirm the leak even further.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Good thing it's at 7am then lol
Except Venus lives i n Japan.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Did You Know that Smash Run is an exclusive mode on the Nintendo 3DS Version?

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
we always get a new character with these directs, will it be duck hunt, shulk, or bowser jr. I think it will be shulk since its a japanese direct

VegaPunk

Smash Rookie
Im calling Dixie Kong, and King K.Rool trailer with a lizard hand slithering in the beginning of the trailer.

Then Shulk, Ganon, Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr. will also be confirmed

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi

Have to brush up on my Japaneses though.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
There's no hype until Sakurai posts a comment on Miiverse about the Nintendo Direct. To me, there might as well not even be a Direct until Sakurai says something about it.

DownsideMadness

Smash Rookie
NNID
audiohades70
Newcomer trailer?
Bowser Jr.
Shulk
DHD
Dr. mario in 1 trailer?

Hopefully :3 (most unlikely though)
:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I hope the direct includes an extended twenty minute walk through of the various menu screens in Smash like this week's PoTDs. :awesome:

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Watch Sakurai pull out something completely different and reveal Mewtwo or (brace yourselves) Ridley, or any other character not on the leak
I hope he does. I don't have a problem with the leak as such, but it's be nice to confirm that there are newcomers besides what the leak showed us.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I hope the direct includes an extended twenty minute walk through of the various menu screens in Smash like this week's PoTDs. :awesome:
I hope it will finally confirm if Smash Run is an Exclusive Mode on 3DS

Top Bottom