• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NinjaLink's Lucas

PKNintendo

Smash Master
SNAP.

You don't main Diddy do you? Cool mission. I can't wait to see your smexy Ness.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm...

I admire the PK Fire game, much smarter than mine, and remarkable execution of a lot of things. At other points though I'm dubious of the moves he chose to use.

I'd wonder what that Lucas would look like in a tournament setting?

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
LOVED the SHNAIR>Ftilt in the second match. Beautifully spaced, most of the time. Good use of DAir>FSmash. Very niec.

S.D

Smash Master
Great Lucas.

Original, smart, technical, fast, you name it, it was there.

Great use of u air also.

Is there any character you're not insanely good with?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Vs MK or Using MK? I think Vs Mk would help the boards out some. I'll get to that soon enough. I kno the matchup already ^_^

xoxokev

Smash Lord
using MK... (i don't know why. i just suggested it for lulz)

although you're right, Vs MK would probably benefit the community a lot more

Noraa

Smash Lord
can you play some one else besides D1 cus even though he plays new people his style is the same.....
doesnt really show anything....

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Sorry. I was just playing him alot yesterday. I actually have an older vid thats pretty good. Its me on rainbow cruise. Adding now

prOAPC

Smash Lord
nice lucas, we have some "techs" in common that few players use, i'm talking about dtilt :)
that yoshi needs to improve, i have a lot of experience vs my friend's yoshi, which is really good, his bair ***** Lucas (but now i'm using pivot grab angaist it), and yoshi has a grab-release that puts Lucas in a bad position

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
nice lucas, we have some "techs" in common that few players use, i'm talking about dtilt :)
that yoshi needs to improve, i have a lot of experience vs my friend's yoshi, which is really good, his bair ***** Lucas (but now i'm using pivot grab angaist it), and yoshi has a grab-release that puts Lucas in a bad position
Well he did the grab release though :-P

Irsic

Smash Ace
Loved your use of uair.

I saw the dair to uair. Nicely done, I'm going to implement that into my game.

Everything else was pretty good, you're fast and you played pretty aggressively like I do. Good stuff NL, I'd love to see some vs. MK matches. I think it would really benefit the community.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Haha, I don't know about the PT boards. But the Lucas boards are chill. They won't turn this thread into a ****-storm, I know that.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
i only had time to watch the Marth v Lucas match. good Job NinjaLink, u've got a good Lucas.
but man, that was the worst marth i've seen in awhile.
anyway, i can understand how u died in the 2nd stock. PKT2 is really hard to use when there's bad lag.

i only saw that one video, so i cant really giv any useful advice right now.
maybe when i get back home from church i can watch the rest of the vids
Oh God u had to mention that. That made me worried about putting up the PT vids. If anyone feels like it they can look at that.
Haha, I don't know about the PT boards. But the Lucas boards are chill. They won't turn this thread into a ****-storm, I know that.
amen brother.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Heh, I'd just like to comment about the Fox thread because I do play Lucas, Diddy, and Fox all regularly and I thought your Fox was good. Controlled, and well timed. The one guy was just being a **** because you're NL...and he's not. He wasn't making any sense about "you're playing Fox wrong." It was pretty stupid. Who tells someone you're playing a character wrong? Whatever.

Anyway, I think your version of all 3 of my mains are all really great and I do learn quite a bit from you videos. Since Lucas is my #1 I'm not learning much but it's still quite impressive how you string attacks together. Keep it up.

Levitas

the moon
I feel like you were playing peach in the vids, not lucas.

You were doing what you always do, but that happen to not be playing to lucas's strengths.

In particular, rushing from above with Dair is a weak choice due to the telegraphing hitboxes in both the dair and Fair.

I see Fair used more as a follow-up option from you, but if you use it outside of that, it would be wise to use it as a defensive measure in conjunction with retreating to get the most range out of it.

Your autocancelled nairs are great, I think I took that from either you or Galeon at some point, because it hurts bad players so hard. The problem being that most out of shield countermeasures are just better than another nair. As a result, I would advise ending it one or two nairs before they plan to punish and landing with a jab combo. Once again, this strategy is not terribly difficult to counter, but I find it more effective than another nair, which is considerably slower.

You use Uair for exactly what it's good at. Kudos. Note that this hitbox does not telegraph like the fair or Dair.

I also like how your recovery game was varied enough to matter.

TL;DR: I like your execution, but not your strategy. Lucas isn't good at using pressure as a main strategy throughout a match.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Heh, I'd just like to comment about the Fox thread because I do play Lucas, Diddy, and Fox all regularly and I thought your Fox was good. Controlled, and well timed. The one guy was just being a **** because you're NL...and he's not. He wasn't making any sense about "you're playing Fox wrong." It was pretty stupid. Who tells someone you're playing a character wrong? Whatever.

Anyway, I think your version of all 3 of my mains are all really great and I do learn quite a bit from you videos. Since Lucas is my #1 I'm not learning much but it's still quite impressive how you string attacks together. Keep it up.

That guy was mad because NinjaLink had a better Fox than him, and he doesn't even main him.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Oh.

MORE utilt! It's one of Lucas' best attacks. It's fast, has a lingering hitbox because it hits twice, and it's disjointed!

lil cj

Smash Lord
Ninja Link your Lucas is one of my favorites to watch
Im a big fan:)
U could make Lucas' rep better...he really needs it.
Hav u ever won a tourny with him?
Oh yeah...can u also try to get some vids of vs G&W
thats Lucas' worst match up:(
Once we find out how to beat Lucas' top 3 worst match ups(G&W, Marth, MK)
then Lucas will probably move up a spot.
One last question...hav u discovered any new secret Lucas AT's?:)

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
I like your work on tlink..is there any reason you went with shnair so much? I've tend to have alot of problems with tlink.

Top Bottom