• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

amageish

Smash Master
View attachment 329211
alright this is it, my definitive roster prediction, and I do mean definitive. If it's not this or something similar then they picked character(s) so out of left field that it's near impossible to predict
Nice roster! I like the mock-up background patterns for everyone.

I have no idea what's going to happen at this point, but I am excited!

I think my #1 question is... What is going on with Avatar? Both in the sense of "Who is representing Avatar, assuming it is getting content beyond Aang/Korra as stage theory indicates" and also... Why have they not revealed anyone from it when it seems like half of the remaining roster is from them?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
My three (assuming Ren and Stimpy are one character)

An Avatar character (Either Toph or Zuko)
A Rocko character (Rocko himself or one of his friends)
Daggett Beaver
I'm not expecting the Beavers unless they're repping all of the 90s Nicktoons (aside from Doug which Disney owns) and we're also getting one of the Rocket Power kids in the game.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I'm not expecting the Beavers unless they're repping all of the 90s Nicktoons (aside from Doug which Disney owns) and we're also getting one of the Rocket Power kids in the game.
I still say Rocket Power isn't as guaranteed as the other 90's shows since it came out three months after Spongebob. A lot of the 90's nostaliga both in Nick's marketing and in this game seem to center entirely on the pre-Spongebob era of Nick.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I still say Rocket Power isn't as guaranteed as the other 90's shows since it came out three months after Spongebob. A lot of the 90's nostaliga both in Nick's marketing and in this game seem to center entirely on the pre-Spongebob era of Nick.
It would be weird to include all these 90s properties and exclude Rocket Power, which is the most "90s" Nicktoon out of all of them.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Since I'm sticking with Ren & Stimpy being a duo-fighter that takes up one slot, my remaining three would be:

Jenny
Jimmy Neutron (depending on whatever the heck's going on behind the scenes)
Rocko

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Since I'm sticking with Ren & Stimpy being a duo-fighter that takes up one slot, my remaining three would be:

Jenny
Jimmy Neutron (depending on whatever the heck's going on behind the scenes)
Rocko
I'm not really expecting Jenny because I can't see her being playable without Timmy Turner. Whenever she appears in a Nicktoons crossover game Timmy is always there too.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It would be weird to include all these 90s properties and exclude Rocket Power, which is the most "90s" Nicktoon out of all of them.
I'm gonna be honest Rocket Power always felt more early 2000's to me. Which I guess makes sense since it was the last Nicktoon ever released in that decade, right in the back half of '99.

The most "90's" Nicktoon though, I'd give that to Rocko instead. It was, after all, his Modern Life.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
My last three fighters are going to be Rocko, Avatar character and 2010s character, Not sure of whom yet but this is a suspicion of mine.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm gonna say my guesses on the roster so....HERE I GO!

Ren & Stimpy(As a Duo)
Another Avatar Character(Toph, although i prefer Zuko)
Rocko
and Garfield

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Have any other 2010 shows even lasted long enough? It feels like Loud House is the only one and they went through the others like tissue paper.
Actually, Sanjay & Craig, TUFF Puppy, and Breadwinners both lasted for Three Seasons before getting shafted onto nicktoons during their last ones.

The same can be said to Fanoby & Chum Chum, But That show was from 2009.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Have any other 2010 shows even lasted long enough? It feels like Loud House is the only one and they went through the others like tissue paper.
Exactly. The rest are forgettable, crap, or both. TLH is likely going to be the only 2010s IP we get.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For what it's worth, the staff did try to ask for Fanboy & Chum Chum, even if that got shot down, apparently.

At any rate, be open to any possibility. In a game that doesn't complete the turtle quatuor, anything could happen. Rep did say that no one came close to guessing the launch roster right, so DLC might get crazier than that.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Do we know if air dashes lack hurtboxes, or are they just fast enough to avoid most attacks a la Cuphead?
As far as I know, they usually dont give invincibility. They help make the game quite offensive though since they help close the gaps between players. Between this and the mention of no shield, I think this will be a hyper offensive kind of game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Nickelodeon characters we got come from cartoons which are drawn by hand like Spongebob for example.

Don't know if we're gonna get CGI characters like Otis and Jimmy Neutron.
Nick wanted the 2012 version of the TMNT though. You know, their CG reboot?

Also I guess turbo teabagging is going to be a thing for some reason.
1630808287139.jpg

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
My predictions for who the remaining characters are are Aang, Korra, Ren & Stimpy as one fighter, Jenny, Zuko, and Jimmy. (I'm not hopping the Rocko or [INSERT THIRD LOUD HOUSE CHARACTER HERE] train, as tempting as it is.)
This game really is gonna be more like a traditional fighter than a Smash clone, huh?
The Nickelodeon characters we got come from cartoons which are drawn by hand like Spongebob for example.

Don't know if we're gonna get CGI characters like Otis and Jimmy Neutron.
I don't really see why that would matter tbh. It just seems like an arbitrary stylistic limitation - if anything, why wouldn't you want 3D characters in your 3D game? If Jimmy and Otis miss the boat, it's almost certainly not because they're CG.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Nick wanted the 2012 version of the TMNT though. You know, their CG reboot?

Also I guess turbo teabagging is going to be a thing for some reason.
View attachment 329230
I suppose that is a thing....? I personally prefer taunts.
This game really is gonna be more like a traditional fighter than a Smash clone, huh?
I would say its more complicated than that. Even in traditional fighting games, there is a lot of variation in how they play depending on their mechanics. If anything this will be quite an unusual platform fighting game since most of the basic elements are still there. I just hope they find balance since its usually not good for long term fighting games to be too offensive.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'm not really expecting Jenny because I can't see her being playable without Timmy Turner. Whenever she appears in a Nicktoons crossover game Timmy is always there too.
...That doesn't make sense. Outside of the business with Frederator, Timmy and Jenny have nothing to do with each other. I think you're looking too deeply into things.

amageish

Smash Master
Random Thought: Do you think this game will have any unique character interactions like Slap City? By which I mean unique moves only doable when two certain characters interact, like how Princess Remedy and Frallan can kiss when one has grabbed the other for a quick healing move (just gals being pals, locking lips mid-match for mutual benefit). There's definitely a lot of options for characters that would canonically have unique ways of fighting each other if they wanted to do it.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be honest Rocket Power always felt more early 2000's to me. Which I guess makes sense since it was the last Nicktoon ever released in that decade, right in the back half of '99.

The most "90's" Nicktoon though, I'd give that to Rocko instead. It was, after all, his Modern Life.
Rocket Power is the definition of what people thought the 90s were like in the time AFTER the 90s.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Random Thought: Do you think this game will have any unique character interactions like Slap City? By which I mean unique moves only doable when two certain characters interact, like how Princess Remedy and Frallan can kiss when one has grabbed the other for a quick healing move (just gals being pals, locking lips mid-match for mutual benefit). There's definitely a lot of options for characters that would canonically have unique ways of fighting each other if they wanted to do it.
If Sandy and Patrick's isn't Sandy stuffing Patrick into a trombone, then why bother.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If Sandy and Patrick's isn't Sandy stuffing Patrick into a trombone, then why bother.
I just want some sort of interaction between Nigel and the turtles - promo comic, taunt, pre-battle quotes, whatever, I just want to hear, read, or see how a professional zoologist would try to wrap his head around giant humanoid turtles with deadly weapons.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
...Huh. I gotta be honest, I'm not sure how to feel about that one. Is there going to be ANY sort of shielding or dodging in this game?
As far as we know, there is no air dogding or shielding. But there could be some other defensive mechanic.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
That's one of the many things I want carried over from Slap City.

amageish

Smash Master
That would be fantastic. How the tables have turned; the grappler becomes the grappled...

I am super curious about Sandy's kit, honestly. We haven't seen much and Spongebob has so much to pull from, as SpongeBob/Patrick show...

That's one of the many things I want carried over from Slap City.
It's a unique mechanic that definitely helps represent relationships mechanically! It'd be nice to see, especially when we lack VO and it's unknown if we'll have any story mode or non-verbal dialogue...

Top Bottom