• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL Thread

M@v

Subarashii!
It was an ugly game last night, but Lawrence Timmons for MVP of the game. Honorable mention to Mike Wallace for that WTF catch.

Also, Ben would get injured before the Ravens game....that I also happen to be going to. I JUST GOTTA PICK UP THE SLACK WITH EXTRA HYPE WHILE I'M THERE I GUESS.

M@v

Subarashii!
Me with Jason Gildon (former Steelers linebacker) during a tailgate party for Steelers Ravens game yesterday.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Watching the Lions/Texans game at my parents'.

Soooooooooooooo much Detroit salt incoming for that botched FG in overtime. Lol.

Happy Turkey Day, guys!

Smooth Criminal

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Well....that's 9 straight Thanksgiving Day losses for the Lions. When Jason Hanson was going for the game winner I had some belief the Lions were going to pull out a W. Once the miss happened, the Lions were done.

I felt bad for Hanson. He kicked a game winner in OT against the Steelers in 1998, although I admit the coin toss in that game was janked up. I still can't believe he's been in the NFL this long for one team, in fact he's been a Lion all his career since about 1993ish. It would have been awesome to see him make that kick.

Great game Texans. They did get lucky on that TD with the challenge flag, but knowing the culture of the Lions, there would have been no guarantee that they would have put the Texans away. The Lions generally find a way to let one get away game after game, year after year; however with their 10-6 season last year, some big names like Matthew Stafford and CalvinJohnson, and lastly the urgency to win this game, the upset just might have happened.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I will admit Kaep has a higher ceiling than Alex. I think Kaep is clutch when the time comes though. Smith I know is. I dunno...this is a shaky situation to be in.

Also, both Seahawk CBs might be suspended 4 games each for substance abuse. That will hurt.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
[collapse=So, I thought I was gonna be upset when...]
[/collapse]

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
well
you have 2 games to go of kapernick
defenses have to have time
and alex smith for winning 9+ games this year taking his team to a conference championship which was a couple of special teams mistakes away from a Superbowl appearance.

you could hurt alex smith if you bench him

and if kapernick starts to suck or his immaturity starts to show which is highly probable (of course he could be great for all i know)
but if he starts to suck its a bad situation to be in.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Definitely a terrible tragedy... you just never know what some people are going through. I had read in the NFL.com article that he was talking to his coach and the GM, and that ESPN article cleared that part up... Hard to hear that he was thanking them for everything =(

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
in a million years i could never have imagined belcher doing this. major blow to the team and the family of belcher and his gf. the fact that the poor girl is gonna have to learn this as she grows is just so sad

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Amazing game played under tough circumstances. Learned today as well that the girl killed was the cousin of the wife of jamal charles. Just glad to see a chiefs win regardless of how little of a win it was

:phone:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm in agreement that Smith should have never been benches in the first place.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I don't like the possibility of this rule change to eliminate kickoffs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...oodell-mulls-idea-of-eliminating-nfl-kickoffs

I don't think it will happen overall, but eliminating kickoffs would be horrible. It's one of the biggest parts of the game, and special teams can be a real game changer.

I wonder what Devon Hester is thinking about this?
That is absolutely horrid. To win in the NFL, you need a strong offense, a strong defense, and strong special teams.

Why change something that has worked perfectly. Sounds like they're following Youtube.

Peeze

Smash Master
^ ha!
I havent had much reason to cheer lately.
Christian Ponder is really terrible. And he needs to go. He is wasting a fantastic season by Adrian Peterson. But Frasier is too proud to admit his first round draft pick failed.

Top Bottom