• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next month's CoroCoro will potentially reveal all the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I expect nothing new, except, perhaps, some stages. If we get any characters from this, they will be unconfirmed Veterans. Nothing more.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I just thought of something.

If Lucas isn't on there, since they're showing the starting roster and all I think, wouldn't he be cut? o no

D

Deleted member

For those talking about the Brawl times, I have two questions:

1. When did CoroCoro do this for Brawl?
2. Didn't it show Sheik, the last starting character, before she was announced on the site?

EDIT: Did a liitle snooPING AS usual, and found that CoroCoro did this on December of 2007.
Which answers question 2, since Sheik was on the DOJO!! on January 16, 2008.

So at the very least, we'll get all the starting characters in this CoroCoro. The reason why Brawl's was lackluster was because we already knew about all the starters aside from Sheik.
Though considering Sakurai hasn't been shy of revealing hidden characters this time around because they'll all be leaked eventually by early-birds, CoroCoro could actually mean "all" characters this time.

Money's more on starters though. So the likes of Wario, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, etc.

EDIT 2: Forgot about Olimar, who was revealed January 9, 2008 on the DOJO!!.
So much for that theory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

If Lucas isn't on there, since they're showing the starting roster and all I think, wouldn't he be cut? o no

Unless Ness is on there, he still would have a chance of being an unlockable.

D

Deleted member

Not necessarily. Ness could be starter, or neither. Sakurai could be messing with us and both Mother characters will be unlockable.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I also doubt it's the full roster. As others said, corocoro only revealed the starting roster for Brawl so it'll probably be the same. So many leaks so many duds.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's some recent scans that I think are from this month's Corocoro

Can anyone see/read anything new?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Wow! I actually half-expected Kirby to gain Lucina's mask from copying her! It looks great in HD! BTW, I'm also half-expecting the CoroCoro issue to show us all the starters at least.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
You know, if it really will be the whole roster, I wouldn't be surprised if we got the entire roster in next month's Direct.

-villainstrailerconfirmed-

Last edited:

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else notice that Lucina is wearing her mask in the Kirby pic? Maybe an alt. or a taunt.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Apparently the Famitsu article says that Lucina was originally a Marth costume. But throughout development, a certain character was cut and Sakurai didn't want to lower the number of characters; and he didn't have time to implement a brand new character under such short notice, so he made her her own character. @RogersBase just reported it.

EDIT: the cut character part was a mis translation.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Apparently the Famitsu article says that Lucina was originally a Marth costume. But throughout development, a certain character was cut and Sakurai didn't want to lower the number of characters; and he didn't have time to implement a brand new character under such short notice, so he made her her own character. @RogersBase just reported it.

EDIT: the cut character part was a mis translation.
No way! Lucina was going to be an alt. for Marth?! And he added her on short notice?! Anyone getting a feel of nostalgia from the good ol' days of Melee?:chuckle:

ShredPix

Smash Cadet
Even if CoroCoro released the entire roster, would it matter? The game comes out in Japan in September so everything will be out by that time. It would've just come sooner. That being said, I doubt they would release the entire roster.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Just for further clarification here's what a friend of mine on another forum says about the kirby part and the text in the blue box to the upper left:

"Ok as I see it, at first, Lucina was supposed to be a "skin" for Marth
I think (but not sure) they canceled that, and made her a character instead

The mask you see Kirby with, is supposed Lucina's mask
like when he "steals" her ability,."

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
supposedly the text description on the corocoro site has changed?

I'm getting that info second hand and i cant read japanese...

corocorotextchange-2.jpg

^^^what the site had up before VS. what it has up now

that 2nd line of text is different, i'm assuming that may have been what said "ALL characters" and the line bellow it "ALL stages" since the first character/symbol in the first version appears to be the same on both lines.

guessing they have changed it to say that it will not be showing all the characters but again I don't read japanese I'm just guessing here but it HAS changed.

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I hope not everything is announced cause I know I can't help myself to not look. And I really want some secret characters. How many were in brawl?

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I know that Wolf was only revealed after Japanese release (though I think only like, a day later), and I believe Ness and Jigglypuff were both SUPPOSED to be revealed after Japanese release, but they were leaked beforehand in a screenshot.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
supposedly the text description on the corocoro site has changed?

I'm getting that info second hand and i cant read japanese...

View attachment 18525
^^^what the site had up before VS. what it has up now

that 2nd line of text is different, i'm assuming that may have been what said "ALL characters" and the line bellow it "ALL stages" since the first character/symbol in the first version appears to be the same on both lines.

guessing they have changed it to say that it will not be showing all the characters but again I don't read japanese I'm just guessing here but it HAS changed.
Google translate says: 3DS software of attention of "Smash Bros."
was published until now
the stage and character of all
the cotton in a large capture Supplement!!

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I'm actually glad about that, because everyone won't set themselves up for disappointment and it still leaves time for more newcomer trailers to be shown off. I would like to know the whole roster, but I think it's smart to wait for any announcements they'll have instead of getting everything at once. They definitely have enough time now to show off all of the veterans and newcomers before release.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Yeah I expected that. At the very least I'd like to get a look at other characters alternate special moves

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So it's just a recap? And here I was about to agree with everyone who said they'd show the entire starting roster and we'd get a couple veteran reveals that way...

But odds are the October issue will show the entire roster, right? You know, a week after it comes out here. >_>

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Color me unsurprised.

It was probably the fault of ambiguous wording by Corocoro, stating they were to show everything, but meant everything shown so far. So they amended their statement to make it less ambiguous.

Nevertheless, there may be some new information to glean from the issue. Such as further explanations of the newer Newcomers moves, some as of yet unknown Final Smashes and some aspects of revealed stages we don't know about yet.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Just saying, though, I will be really sad if it DOES because these character reveal trailers are just magic. Seriously, I love them all, and a newcomer without the trailer will feel... IDK... It'll feel empty...

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
I might have been disappointed about this if it wasn't for the fact that i'm importing a Japanese 3DS and buying Smash Via e-shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom