• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next month's CoroCoro will potentially reveal all the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
if does can we keep it off the site i don't want to be spoiled
If this CoroCoro does leak all characters, I guarantee you there will at least 12 threads about it.

Babali Boon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Babali
3DS FC
0447-5439-8345
Reading this thread, my hopes went from high to low.

Would love to know the full roster, but I am doubting it's going to happen here. Will believe it when I see it.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Somehow I really doubt Nintendo would just allow corocoro to kill the speculation like that.

They're probably just making it sound like a bigger deal than it is. If we're lucky we might get a new veteran reveal out of it.

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
I´m so happy that the whole roster will be revealed then. Finally I know then if Mewtwo is in or not. I´m waiting for that moment since the very beginning. Then I can focus on other things again and sleep normal. If he isn´t in I will curse Sakurai for that.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I've read that this magazine made a similar claim with brawl. But still didn't reveal all of the characters when the time came. There was still some characters kept secret. That being said. Woooo mad hype! I had said in the past that I wouldn't want everything spoiled before it came out. However with the release date being pushed back to October and the fact that it's coming out earlier in Japan anyway. **** it! Gimme dem characters!

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This is a longer wait than this past weekend and will ultimately have a result that will disappoint a greater amount of people.

That's just me expecting the worst, though. I hope it's actually all the characters. I only expect a neat little guide based on who already is revealed by the issues release.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Square Enix isn't even doing anything with him, they are just holding him hostage by gun point.
That scenario would mean hes valuable to nintendo or SE, its more like he was left in the basement chained up and nobody remembered to go check on him.

---
It could just be the currently revealed roster, we have had corocoro release info with just stuff we already knew before, wasnt there one that just had a few different pictures and thats it? Like others have said, ill believe it when we are seeing those first blurry scans.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Last time corocoro was gonna reveal all the characters for brawl, they only showed the ones that were already known. Definitely not getting my hopes up for this one.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Its either we wait longer

Or they are legit and can finally sleep at night because the arguements of characters will end

Ridley or not and if mewtwo or not i will be happy when the feuds of roster size will end. (If true.)

But yea hope can not be up due to corocoro saying something simular to brawl but only turn out to be revealed guys so far.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That scenario would mean hes valuable to nintendo or SE, its more like he was left in the basement chained up and nobody remembered to go check on him.

---
It could just be the currently revealed roster, we have had corocoro release info with just stuff we already knew before, wasnt there one that just had a few different pictures and thats it? Like others have said, ill believe it when we are seeing those first blurry scans.
Can we at least pretend Nintendo cares about Geno? :sadeyes:

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
CoroCoro pulled this exact same f***ing stunt with Brawl in December 2007, claiming that "their next issue will show all the characters," but then only showing the website's characters. I highly doubt this time will be any different.

It's just a ploy to sell copies. People who want to avoid spoilers, you're in the clear here.
I forgot that they did that before. Well there goes the hype, I'll still check though out of curiosity. The game comes out only a month after anyways so it's not that big of a deal.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Watch it only be veterans that are revealed while still keeping the remainder of new comers unlockable.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Any new info is good info. Let's not be terribly optimistic, but we should also stop being pessimistic. Even if one single alternative special is shown, then its good by me.

Contact

Smash Rookie
If I learned anything from following GTA IV, it's that they will blatantly lie about information.

The roster will leak, but probably not that early.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Okay, assuming that somehow all characters do get revealed, I imagine it'll happen like Pokemon.

-August 9-12, CoroCoro leaks
-August 15 CoroCoro officially releases
-Anytime in the next couple of days we either get a direct specific to Smash re-capping the reveals with trailers for the newcomers, or just a normal Nintendo direct.(Possibly a couple new comer vids get uploaded to youtube.) I think it might be a normal direct if this is the case, there's only gonna be 2, 3 videos tops.

Either way if there's a direct in August we'll probably get a newcomer.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am just speculating in favor of characters that have already been alluded to such as Ridley or Ghirahim (especially because of Hyrule Warrior's release and Metroid's anniversary). I am sure that the secret characters will remain secret.

Honestly, we are probably going to see more veterans like Game and Watch. I doubt we will see too many newcomers if any at all.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I don't even know if I want to know the full roster until the game is out.

Just thinking about it is crazy enough. I've spent 2 years predicting stuff, but Sakurai has thrown it all back in my face. So I can't be sure who to predict anymore. So with my slightest wish is that King K. Rool and Ness is atleast in the game, I couldn't care less for the rest.

But if those two are not in the game it would be a huge let down (I'm mainly thinking of K. Rool, not Ness)
So knowing the roster, would make a peace with my predictions. But knowing the roster and K. Rool is not there would be killing my hype for the game. (Still gonna get it by 100% but you know what I mean)

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Is that for the next issue of CoroCoro to come out?

If so, I look forward to seeing what will be shown although personally I'm just hoping for the starting characters and nothing else.
Thats very likely due to doing the same thing for brawl only the starters,

Plus it will unmask the truth if luigi, toon link, and lucario were just special cases.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does anyone know if CoroCoro revealed as much pokemon info back in the pre Brawl era as it does now? I think they didn't, which might give hope that they're giving good info this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom