• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight) *Now with Moveset Sketches!*

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How is this for a complete moveset? (I didn't name most of the attacks, and the special attacks are borrowed from FlipTroopa)

----------
Special Attacks
B - Tondeker - 'Throws' a fake copy of his head forward. It travels straight forward and somewhat slow; Probably comparable to Luigi's fireball.
Side B - Konaniran - Sukapon thrusts his head forward, and returns to his body. However, you can hold the control stick forward, and his body will instead return to his head.
Down B - Sukapon Roll - Sukapon pulls his limbs close to his body and rolls forward, causing damage to anyone he touches. You can jump while doing this, but cannot go backward.
Up B - Soaring Sukapon - Sukapon pulls his limbs close and shoots them back outward, causing damage if they hit an opponent. If his hands come close to an edge, he will grab it and pull himself toward it.

Standard Attacks
A - Poke - He thrusts both of his hands forward quickly a short way, causing light damage.
Forward tilt - Sukapon thrusts one of he feet forward a fair distance. You can control the direction.
Up tilt - leans forward, and kicks his foot up, similar to Fox and Falco in Melee.
Down tilt - Sukapon lays back and kicks forward a short distance. It's a deceptively strong attack with moderate knockback.
Dash attack - Speeds up slightly, and twirls his arms around. Not very damaging, but causes decent knockback.
Forward Smash - Flurry Punch - Throws his hands in front of him rapidly multiple times. (If you played Joy Mech Fight you'll know) Can be a multi-hit attack. The longer it is charged, the longer it lasts, and the more damage each hit causes. Does not cause much knockback.
Up Smash - Grabs his head, and quickly thrusts it upward. Very damaging with decent knockback.
Down Smash - Lowers his body and shoots his feet out while spinning. Moderate damage with decent knockback.

Aerial Attacks
Nair - Simply extends his feet forward.
Fair - Extends his hand forward. It looks almost as though he's diving. His hand causes the most knockback and damage, but his body also can cause damage if it's touched during this.
Bair - Leans back, and throws his hands backward. Looks like he's skipping happily...
Dair - Drill kick - Similar to Fox's. Has a slightly wider hitbox near the feet, and causes slightly more damage, though. Aside from his feet, his whole body can cause light damage.
Uair - Rotate - He rotates all limbs, including head, around his body in the center. It has very good range.

Grab Attacks
Grab - Looks pretty much identicle to his A attack. Not very good range.
Grab Attack - Headbutt's his opponent.
Forward Throw - Uses his arms, and spins his opponent around his body (which remains stationary), and throws his opponent. Much like Mario's really.
Down Throw - Turns his opponent upside down, and shoves them head-first into the ground. Very damaging.
Back Throw - Sukapon Toss - Leans back and tosses his opponent backward. It causes them to hit the ground, which also causes damage.
Up Throw - Jumps up, and spins around, firing his opponent toward the ground.

Final Smash - Dancing Spree - Basically, he starts dancing around for a few moments. His whole body becoming a large hitbox. You can control where he moves during this.

Taunt - A short little dance.

Block - Looks the same as his gaurd in Joy Mech Fight.
----------

Critique please? :)

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
That would be interesting. Mars became Marth, didn't it? (Then again, I don't know much about Japanese, so that may have been obvious...)
No, Mars is a mistranslation. It was actually Marth all along, even in the Japanese version.

But yeah, it'll probably be Skapon if anything.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Love the moveset, Oasis! I especially like the Final Smash: it's probably one of my favorites suggested thus far. =)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...No one got my Suka pwns joke...and I hate that word

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
who would want to play with a bunch of balls with dots for eyes? even if it's a classic character is a very boring design.
If you haven't played the game...don't speak...

I bet you don't even know what Sukapon is...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I really like the moveset and does anyone know where I can find the ROM for this...

vesperview

Smash Hero
If you haven't played the game...don't speak...

I bet you don't even know what Sukapon is...
Is a character with one game... whose design was probably made by a 4 year old bored out of his mind! Joy Mech Fight is not even that great, don't put words into my mouth next time, and now you're probably gonna go: "But look at Mr G&W" his design sucks but at least he's got more merit than this ****.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Is a character with one game... whose design was probably made by a 4 year old bored out of his mind! Joy Mech Fight is not even that great, don't put words into my mouth next time, and now you're probably gonna go: "But look at Mr G&W" his design sucks but at least he's got more merit than this ****.
1 game?

Didn't IC and Doc only have 1 game?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
No, you haven't even played it nor do you have good tastes. Joy Mech Fight is a very fluid and fun fighting game, anyone who's actually played it knows that.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Since every person has different opinions... I doubt everybody likes one thing, and who couldn't have played with certain things called ROMS and Emulators?
If "everybody" was true, then everyone supporting this thread wouldn't even like Skapon. If I were you, I would say "most people" instead of "everybody". Just because this character is obscure outside of Japan, doesn't mean he sucks. Don't just look at him on the outside, look at him on the inside. He's not just a fighting robot with no limbs, he is also a comedian according to Joy Mech Fight's plot. Skapon was mentioned twice in Sakurai's SSBB poll, as well as 15 times in Sakurai's SSBM poll. Joy Mech Fight is popular, because of how unusual and simple it is. Fans even made an unofficial CD album that plays remixes of Joy Mech Fight's soundtrack. Nintendo is a Japanese company. Therefore, you will see a few Japan-Only characters, whether you like them or not. Some non-Japanese people may become curious about them, while some may not be interested in them.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
my top 5 are Sukapon, Takamaru, Midna, Kumatora, Balloon Fighter

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
I got some bad news boys

quoted from the man Sakurai himself in response of a feedback comment on melee (after it's release).

" というわけで、ごめんなさいぃぃぃ。

以前の投稿で触れていますが、
もし今後スマブラのシリーズが出ることがあったとしても、
それにスカポンが出てくる可能性は低いです。"

At the end he says that if there is another Smash game, (whihc there is now) Sukapon chances of being in the game are still unlikely...

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return578.html

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I got some bad news boys

quoted from the man Sakurai himself in response of a feedback comment on melee (after it's release).

" というわけで、ごめんなさいぃぃぃ。

以前の投稿で触れていますが、
もし今後スマブラのシリーズが出ることがあったとしても、
それにスカポンが出てくる可能性は低いです。"

At the end he says that if there is another Smash game, (whihc there is now) Sukapon chances of being in the game are still unlikely...

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/syukeiken/return578.html
D:

But, that was ~six years ago, so couldn't it be outdated?

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Well considering Lucas... I think...he at least is not going to be a playable.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well then, I'll just have to remain hopeful for Sukapon, and if he turns out not to be playable in the end, I'll just be content with Ridley.

Sukapon for Brawl...

Oh, did he mention any reasons as to why it would be unlikely?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Well, supposedly, from what I know, Skapon was originally going to be in Melee but they couldn't get his strange physics to work (as in, his separate body parts), but now that the next Smash is going to be on a better system, it could easily be implemented.

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
I dont really mind Skapon, but whats the appeal? I mean LOOK AT HIM!!

Someone please explain the appeal behind this poor man's Rayman.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Rayman is third party and became incredibly stupid after Rayman 2, Sukapon throws missile head butts, 'nuff sayd.

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
I guess Sukapon's chances are lower than I though. Sakurai doesn't appear to be a fan... :( hopefully he has changed his tune since then

Top Bottom