• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight) *Now with Moveset Sketches!*

parrothead

Smash Lord
I was looking, thanks. I wish I could find Giant from Joy Mech Fight for MUGEN, or anyother robot from Joy Mech Fight for that matter
Here is where you'll find other Joy Mech Fight characters, they have good A.I.:

http://limit60.hp.infoseek.co.jp/joy_mugen.htm

To extract them, download DGCA:

http://www.emit.jp/

Oh, and I have a feeling that Skapon is the correct spelling, because after I compared the name "Sukapon" to "Sutafi" (which is actually Stafy), I noticed that they both have "Su" at the beginning of them. And Sutafi is a mistranslation of Stafy.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Did you know that Sukapon appears multiple times on Sakurai's Brawl poll, as well as in the top 20 requests overall on the Melee polls? *star flies over head: THE MORE YOU KNOW*

Oh, and...

King Axel

Smash Apprentice
Why would we want Sukapon? He's a mass of shapes with two dots on the top one. He can throw around his various body parts? Is that it? You mean to tell me that you want this little weirdo in Brawl?

Awesome! Me too!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Hmmm... that clay model of Sukapon seems reminiscent of ones made for the Earthbound/Mother series. At any rate, I gotta say - it was really a trip seeing Sukapon an co. in action on MUGEN... :chuckle: Seeing that made me want the "little weirdo" for Brawl even more...

parrothead

Smash Lord
GaryCXJk, that was nice, but, I still have a feeling that Skapon is the correct spelling, because when I compared Sukapon to the incorrect spelling for Stafy, called "Sutafi", I noticed that they both have a "Su" at the beginning of their incorrect names.

Want to check out my character ideas? Click here, then scroll down until you encounter my list.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
GaryCXJk, that was nice, but, I still have a feeling that Skapon is the correct spelling, because when I compared Sukapon to the incorrect spelling for Stafy, called "Sutafi", I noticed that they both have a "Su" at the beginning of their incorrect names.

Want to check out my character ideas? Click here, then scroll down until you encounter my list.
While the "u" may not appear in the complete English translation, Japanese and English are never 100% congruent. Marth has been called Mars as well as Marth, Sephiroth Sephiros, Aerith Aeris, Link Rinku, Raichu RYEchu and RAYchu... there's no real DEFINITE way of bringing words over. Skapon and Sukapon are equally as likely.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I thought you didn't like FryGuy's art :ohwell:

That is cool
Well, I disliked his old art that many people use instead of official art. One of the worst artworks I've seen him draw, was that Muddy Mole artwork, because he didn't look exactly like his official look. He lacked toe nails, has a brown scarf instead of a red scarf, and looks more like a Monty Mole from the Mario Bros. series, without a white breast.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well... woo!
I'm usually against old characters and fighting game characters as well, for mostly the same reason...
But after reading through this thread, I must say Sukapon easily has some of the most personality I've seen in such an obscure character. If that is even expanded on in SSBB, I'd main him so hard. A dancer and comedian floating body-parts pink robot? On a scale from 1 to 10, I give him an AWESOME.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Hey guys, long time no post Xp

I updated the first page with those video links, and... yeah. Go Sukapon!

It'll be a long way off before we see any really new fighters for Brawl, tho

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hey guys, long time no post Xp

I updated the first page with those video links, and... yeah. Go Sukapon!

It'll be a long way off before we see any really new fighters for Brawl, tho
:scared: OMG FLIP IS ALIVE!!!!!

Anyway, I gotta get me some Sukapon in MUGEN, in case he doesn't make it in Brawl.

parrothead

Smash Lord
Um, I've encountered a problem. While Kirby and Skapon are both pink, and if Kirby copies him, it would be difficult for players to tell whether Kirby is imitating Skapon or not. That's probably one of the few reasons why Sakurai didn't add him to the SSBM roster.

GenG

Smash Lord
Kirby would be shorter, have a different face and floating limbs. That shouldn't be a problem.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Hmm.. interesting. Kinda like some twisted combination of Rayman and Kirby.

I'm pretty strongly against the inclusion of Japanese only characters (can't we have characters from games we ALL like?) but Sukapon seems so unique that I really wouldn't mind seeing him in Brawl. He's not the mostly likely of characters, but certainly a possibility.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Um, I've encountered a problem. While Kirby and Skapon are both pink, and if Kirby copies him, it would be difficult for players to tell whether Kirby is imitating Skapon or not. That's probably one of the few reasons why Sakurai didn't add him to the SSBM roster.
Well, water under the bridge and all that; no use crying over that now. I'm sure they'll find some way to work it out if Sukapon is going to be in.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
After reading through the thread and watching the JMF vid, I will honestly be surprised if Sukapon doesn't appear in Brawl. Granted, I wouldn't pick him, but I think he makes a natural candidate for a slot in the roster. Here's to retro representation and character originality! =)

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
...Holy crap, why didn't I look into this sooner? Sukapon would be a fountain of awesome in Brawl! I think I have my new 'retro' pick for my list.

If anyone could expound upon the already abundant personality of a character like this, it's Sakurai.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
So I've managed somehow *ahem* to play JMF and it's a blast. Truly, this game is tons of fun! If you, too, can *ahem* find a way to play it, I highly recommend it. Skapon is adorable, and he is already perfectly suited for Brawl. Skapon FTW! =)

Top Bottom