• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
But you're forgetting that ARMS is not Splatoon, and that there is no definite proof that ARMS is getting a sequel. Min Min won a party crash bash, so that means she gets picked in Smash, and then made into the new main focus of ARMS? I don't buy it.
It remains a possibility whether you buy it or not.

Arms exists in a post-Splatoon world and the party crash bash model clearly emulates the concept of the splatfest. It's not reaching to assume that could go in further ways than just the concept of an event but also the concept of world building.

And while we have no proof that Arms is getting a sequel, we at least have proof that Arms lore content is still incoming by virtue of the comic still not being released.
I don't get why in speculation of all things people are so opposed to us looking at legitimate signs that hint at a possibility of not just Spring Man. Just because one character is overwhelmingly likely doesn't mean we need to all stop looking at reasons other characters could be considered, especially when Nintendo themselves essentially teased ALL Arms characters, not just Spring Man

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
While I'm here I had a thought and was curious about this.

So some spirit battles summon hostile assist trophies (with Black Knight, Phosphora, Rathalos, Rodin, Samurai Goroh, and Spring Man left out (of these 6, only Spring Man has a spirit battle, not counting Rathalos due to boss status)). How would these battles be affected if for example, Isaac were to become playable? Would the battle lose "Hostile Assist Trophies will appear" as a condition or will the primary character to KO be Isaac instead of Mii Swordfighter?

If the former, then technically we're losing content if assists (bar the 6 mentioned above) are upgraded. If the later, then that could work since we've seen it occur before albeit with post launch spirits instead of base game content.

Side note: I just used the first thing I could think of as a example. I personally am indifferent to Isaac being playable.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why in speculation of all things people are so opposed to us looking at legitimate signs that hint at a possibility of not just Spring Man. Just because one character is overwhelmingly likely doesn't mean we need to all stop looking at reasons other characters could be considered, especially when Nintendo themselves essentially teased ALL Arms characters, not just Spring Man
"Springman cant be the character, that'd be too obvious! but Min Min is clearly the character because she won the party crash bash!"

In my eyes, I find the whole speculation behind Min Min to be extremely tiring especially when people say such things as "shes going to be the new main focus" Most supporters I see for Min Min are always saying Springman is too boring, too obvious, a bad pick, etc. Its the Hero vs Banjo situation all over again.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Do you think its possible that we get an announcement of a reveal date tonight?

My gut is telling me its soon.

Though its been wrong before. :4morton:

Have we gotten a direct/presentation announcement on a Sunday?

likewise, you can bet Chaos winning in Chaos vs Order for Splatoon 2 will have an impact for Splatoon 3...
Looking forward to seeing Splatoon's equivalent of this guy:

Heck, just give us an ink-thrower guitar and a red jumpsuit, and I'm good.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
i mean, it seems to me that you're pretty much saying that there's no potential stages, music or whatever else left from those series which just plain isn't true

for example

waluigi could easily come with, say, waluigi pinball or mario tennis. there's tons of potential mario stages but those are the two that i feel would best suit him

and for the music? there's still tons left! for example, we don't have much music from non-kart mario sports games or the earlier 2D marios like 64 and sunshine. there's still many, many jams left to add from mario kart or the newer 3D outings too.

and for bandana dee? hoo boy, i'm sure we're all familiar with the relative lack of any modern kirby songs and the complete lack of remixes for those. we barely have any music from the dark matter trilogy either

and for stages? just from the modern games, we have lollipop land, resolution road, access ark, the location of the final battle with sectonia, the billiards area from robobot, nutty noon, etc... and if you want to continue sticking to the sakurai games for whatever reason, there's still the arena, a potential milky way wishes stage, butter building, city trial...
I think you're missing the point. The pack is supposed to be "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate × ???" Its not going to be arbitrary Kirby content to fill in the package. It has to be a solid picture.

What connection does Bandana Dee have to any of those Kirby stages you mentioned other than being a side character in them? He's not a representative to any particular Kirby game and he's not the representative of the Kirby series as a whole either. Like if it were "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Kirby Star Allies" maybe they'd put in the Three Mage Sisters and have a stage from that particular game. The package would be the "Star Allies pack" and it would have a bunch of music from Star Allies and Spirits from Star Allies.

Bandana Waddle Dee and Waluigi are side characters and that's fine for a base game addition. Or even an individual DLC. But the challenger pack just doesn't seem like it's going to sell you a side character and have a bunch of random stuff loosely associated with that character.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Plot Twist: All fighters in Fighter Pass 2 will be ARMS characters.

Except fighter pack 11, that's going to another FE swordsman.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Remember guys and gals.
View attachment 274121
Every ARMS character is eligible. We could get Springman/Min Min but we may also get one of the lesser "recognizable" characters.
True, but if a character has both Reconziablity and is fun to play, then that would make them a better choice to put in

The ARMS Character would focus on their stretchy ARMS, something all the ARMS Characters can do, including the more prominent, Mascot like characters. All the differing abilities that Each Arms Character has in their home game won't be the focus when translating to Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"Springman cant be the character, that'd be too obvious! but Min Min is clearly the character because she won the party crash bash!"

In my eyes, I find the whole speculation behind Min Min to be extremely tiring especially when people say such things as "shes going to be the new main focus" Most supporters I see for Min Min are always saying Springman is too boring, too obvious, a bad pick, etc. Its the Hero vs Banjo situation all over again.
Exactly. It's not real evidence at this time. It could be used for the future, but it may not be. The graphic novel could be affected by it, or maybe it's set in stone and will be the final canon story(with Spring Man as the obvious protagonist) in the end.

Basically we have no clue what they plan to do with that information. There's no hard conclusion to remotely come to, just tons of fun possibilities. Maybe Min Min will get a new clone in the next game, or even as DLC, due to this. The possibilities are just that endless. That's why I can't see how it's a legitimate hint of anything either.

I.D.

Smash Lord

Did I step into a parallel world where Min Min dominates the conversation? Seems to me most of this thread is all-in on Springman and if you dare speculate anyone else you WILL be quickly reminded that according to the scientific method it can only be Springman.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Did I step into a parallel world where Min Min dominates the conversation? Seems to me most of this thread is all-in on Springman and if you dare speculate anyone else you WILL be quickly reminded that according to the scientific method it can only be Springman.
There are a few people who fantasize about a Morrigan situation and/or promoting an AT as a DLC fighter being harder to code than an entire operating system.

Smash Journeyman
Idk what happened but this thread did shift over to Springman after a while. When we first heard news this thread was all in favor for Min Min, just look at the poll.

For me, Springman is not my favorite (my favorite is Kid Cobra), but I try to see it in the eyes of Nintendo or Sakurai. Them choosing the "obvious" choice just seems like the most likely outcome. Remember when people were adamant that Decidueye would get in over Incineroar? Or Edelgard being the Three Houses rep? Sometimes the fan favorite pick is not always the correct one.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Have we gotten a direct/presentation announcement on a Sunday?

Looking forward to seeing Splatoon's equivalent of this guy:

Heck, just give us an ink-thrower guitar and a red jumpsuit, and I'm good.
sure beats the 1984 scenario we prolly woulda gotten if Order won. I mean, HIVEMIND GOGGLES? EYE OF JUSTICE? Helloooooo!

Koopaul

Smash Champion
People haven't really considered that Min Min has a bit of an issue with her signature ARMS. Her standard gloves are abnormal and not suited for regular punching. She has the Dragon which shoots a laser. The Ram Ram which is like a curvy boomerang. And the Megawatt which is a giant electric wrecking ball. None of those would be ideal for standard non-special attacks in Smash. Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, and Max Brass all have regular boxing gloves for their signature ARMS. I think, if I were the developer, I would choose one of them because their standard attacks best represent the core idea of ARMS. Someone who uses boxing gloves as their signature attack would be ideal.

And before you say anything I know any fighter in ARMS can swap out any glove. They could give Min Min Spring Man's boxing gloves if they wanted to. But why would they? If your going to give Min Min Spring Man's gloves then just put in Spring Man!

TTF

Smash Journeyman
Personally I'm all in for whoever it will be. I like them all so any one of them would be nice.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Personally I'm all in for whoever it will be. I like them all so any one of them would be nice.
I do too. But we're only getting one. And I sort of feel like the sole representative of ARMS should have moves, abilities, and gloves that represent the series the best.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think you're missing the point. The pack is supposed to be "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate × ???" Its not going to be arbitrary Kirby content to fill in the package. It has to be a solid picture.
I mean, despite Terry being “Smash bros x Fatal Fury” it was ultimately filled with arbitrary SNK content as a whole was it not?

I mean even the stage was based on King of Fighters and not fatal fury.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
My two cents:
As I've said it before, ARMS is in a weird in that it's not a series, it's a single game that could potentially become a series, but we know nothing about future plans for it. Sprigman is clearly meant to be the game's mascot, being the basic character used in the cover and most promos, and little doubt his current role as an AT and costume are due to that.

It's also the first series who had some representation beforehand but not a playable character until DLC over a year later. Now we don't know how it's gonna be handled due to what's clearly the main mascot getting in before as an Assist, as they're more than often seen as a death sentence to become playable. The mascot is probably unavailable and there's no defined protagonist.

In my opinion, we're more likely to get someone who is important to the game such as Max Brass or Coyle. Do I believe an Assist can be promoted? Perhaps, I just see it as unlikely after how Waluigi was introduced as an Assist by Sakurai in Smash 4, but it's Nintendo picking, for all we know they could have said "make Springman playable now" or "make playable one of the most popular ARMS characters/a character important to the lore".

Oh well, in the end, I'm the kind of person who is fine with anyone we get, even if there's stuff like me thinking Tom Nook should have made it in before Isabelle, but I won't beat myself over that.
Except fighter pack 11, that's going to another FE swordsman.
-The trailer starts with a red sky, all swordfighters in the roster are running off, covered in bruises and bleeding; the Links and Byleth are trying to contain an angered mob protesting "stop with the anime swordies!" and "wasted slots!" with their bows, alas, they are getting overpowered. Despite that, they managed to take refuge in Garreg Mach Monastery-

-The mob is trying to enter, pitchforks and torches while they hold signs with drawn broken swords and of the Fire Emblem characters being eaten by dogs, all while they shout "No more swordies! Fire Sakurai! No more swordies! Fire Sakurai!"-

-The swordfighters are inside fearing for their lives, Marth, Meta Knight and Ike comfort each other while Shulk and the Mii Swordfighter try to assure Toon Link they'll get out of this, Robin trying to figure a plan to escape... But the door is being hit, they'll soon enter and end their lives...-

-But then, a figure appears, a tired and bleeding Byleth recognises the man and speaks "What are are you doing? You need to get out of here!"-

-The figure smirks at him "I won't be able to do that Professor. It is my job to guard this place, and who would be I to leave my position? And besides..." to everyone's surprise, the man pulled out an envelope with the Smash insignia "Fighters got to keep it together, aren't they?" he grabs a simple nameless sword, and with all the courage he can muster, goes outside-

-The eyes of the new fighter shine, and before throwing himself to the mob, he does a battle cry at the top of his lungs-

"Greetings, Smash community! There's a lot to report!"

EBomaESX4AUOnIV.png

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
He's an dhampir (Human-Vampire hybrid) actually but yes.
Well that sure puts a damper on things. :troll:

EDIT: Wait a minute! If humans become vampires, aren't all of them hybrids?

Remember, everyone-if it's not Spring Man, there's always the next game for him.
Yeah, the next game that will be like seven years from now and will more than likely have a smaller cast
And said game likely wouldn't have any ARMS characters on it due to the game being quite low on the totem pole.

There are a few people who fantasize about a Morrigan situation...
A Morrigan situation? Is that when you're stuck in a crossover series instead of your main series because you outlived it?

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
People haven't really considered that Min Min has a bit of an issue with her signature ARMS. Her standard gloves are abnormal and not suited for regular punching. She has the Dragon which shoots a laser. The Ram Ram which is like a curvy boomerang. And the Megawatt which is a giant electric wrecking ball. None of those would be ideal for standard non-special attacks in Smash. Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, and Max Brass all have regular boxing gloves for their signature ARMS. I think, if I were the developer, I would choose one of them because their standard attacks best represent the core idea of ARMS. Someone who uses boxing gloves as their signature attack would be ideal.

And before you say anything I know any fighter in ARMS can swap out any glove. They could give Min Min Spring Man's boxing gloves if they wanted to. But why would they? If your going to give Min Min Spring Man's gloves then just put in Spring Man!
People haven't really considered it because every character has access to every Arm type and Min Min's special arms will likely be her B attacks. It's an easy problem to fix.

Smash Journeyman
Demitri was originally intended to be the main character in Darkstalkers, but then Morrigan overshadowed him in popularity, so she took over the role.
That is far from the truth, and almost everyone brings it up without fact checking. Morrigan and Demitri both share importance as protagonists in Darkstalkers; Demitri challenged her father and lost horribly. Yes, Morrigan became more popular than Demitri but nobody brings up the fact that he still has quite a lot of appearances in games outside of his own.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Demitri was originally intended to be the main character in Darkstalkers, but then Morrigan overshadowed him in popularity, so she took over the role.
Imagine if this hadn't happened and Darkstalkers was a major contender for Capcom's next character.

"Demitri can't be added because Midnight Bliss isn't for good boys and girls of all ages."

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Well, Min-Min is still way ahead of Spring Man on the current poll.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Imagine if this hadn't happened and Darkstalkers was a major contender for Capcom's next character.

"Demitri can't be added because Midnight Bliss isn't for good boys and girls of all ages."
Only reason I would oppose to this is due to my pathological hatred of Peachser and the fear she would become an official thing.

And yes, that's how she should be called since the '-ette' is from Toadette.
That is far from the truth, and almost everyone brings it up without fact checking. Morrigan and Demitri both share importance as protagonists in Darkstalkers; Demitri challenged her father and lost horribly. Yes, Morrigan became more popular than Demitri but nobody brings up the fact that he still has quite a lot of appearances in games outside of his own.
My mistake. I'm admittedly like most people who know Darkstalkers out of crossovers.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This. Dimitri is still one of the protagonists.

Morrigan was just used more often in crossovers specifically. She's become easily more popular.

Only the anime/cartoons kind of subverted it. Morrigan was clearly in more of a protagonist role in the OVA than Dimitri, but he was still important. And then somebody else entirely takes over to win the day. The cartoon threw Morrigan and Dimitri into antagonist roles due to being a "soul stealer" and vampire respectively. Yeah, they kept the idea of the Succubus barely there... while making her butt ugly in return. Whoops.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
im sick of seeing the stupid protag/mascot argument
Maybe you'll stop seeing it when it stops being true.

Well given the pattern throughout Smash of those always coming first when it comes to an new series, its not exactly an fan rule tbh.
Well, no. If Nintendo hasn't said something is a rule, then it's still only a fannrule.

Just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't.

Did I step into a parallel world where Min Min dominates the conversation? Seems to me most of this thread is all-in on Springman
*looks at the poll at the top of the screen*

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord

That quote is such a straw man. Almost everyone that is pulling for Min Min is aware that Spring Man is by far the most likely option, and I have yet to see anyone putting stock into Min Min see her as an absolute certainty (meanwhile, I see several people so adamantly into Spring Man being a certainty that they'll mock the idea of it being anything else).
Many Arms players don't even care and are just hype to see any Arms character, and I've seen more non-Arms fan get invested into Spring Man vs no Spring Man simply because of their "rules" and what the choice will mean for those rules.

What you're doing now is reducing fans of one character as being haters for another in order to justify your crusade to completely bring down the mere discussion of such a character. That is what I personally find tiring, people feeling the need to police discussion around one character because of a straw man that hardly exists in actual discussion.

M@R!3

Smash Ace

Imagine the workload on the dev team if Midnight Bliss were included.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It's work that needs to be done anyway, because the Super Crown needs to be in Smash.

Then they can just reuse all those forms for Midnight Bliss!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Only reason I would oppose to this is due to my pathological hatred of Peachser and the fear she would become an official thing.

And yes, that's how she should be called since the '-ette' is from Toadette.
Don't worry, they'd sooner reference Bowletta than a fan creation.

I'd certainly be interesting to see what the rights holders would allow with each character. We know :ultryu::ultken::ult_terry::ultbayonetta::ulthero3::ulthero4: the Fire Emblem cast & probably :ultsnake: would be able to get turned into girls (the genderbent Fire Emblem characters would likely show up in FEH afterward. lol), but the rest would likely have to just be jokes.

:ultpacman: Pizza.
:ultjigglypuff: A cream puff, marsh mellow, or actual balloon.
:ultsheik: Zelda.
:ultsonic: An actual hedgehog.
:ultkirby: No change. He's already at his most desirable.

That'd be the other reason not to include him. Not only do you have to make a whole bunch of models, but a lot of them would be original designs (that the rights holders would also have to be ok with).

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
After a week of being stuck in the 6.9-7.0 million range, I finally managed t get Byleth into elite Smash.

He's fun and all, but I feel like there is some missed potential there. First of all, he's extremely slow; which makes sense considering Sakurai literally calls him a distance demon that is meant to be slow. But I will also say that I feel like Byleth should have been a bit more of a "distance demon". Most of his "distance demon" moves are relegated to his lance moves, but all of them have severe flaws. His fair and bair are probably his most important moves but while they do reach pretty far, they feel only slightly "bigger" then a Marth/Lucina fair; at the same time his fair/bair only hits perfectly horizontally. That said, giving them too much range would be annoying; so they're fine for what they are. His side special is strong and has a huge hitbox, but it has so much endlag/startup that it's not really all that convenient to use outside of good reads. On top of that, it tends to launch diagonally upwards; meaning that it's hard to really "kill" with it unless you hit it offstage; in my opinion it should either be made faster or stronger. His Side Smash is really good, but obviously you do have to read for it.

Byleth axe moves are all fine for what they're meant to be. Failnaught is only there for neutral air, the actual arrows are difficult to use; but you can cancel to bait.

That said, the biggest "missed" potential for Byleth being a "distance demon" are definitely his sword attacks. ftilt/dtilt/utilt all feel like traditional sword moves and not like the "sword of the creator"; they have similar ranges comparatively to the likes of Marth/Lucina attacks; dtilt has an animation that makes it look like a whip but it doesn't really feel as though the hitbox is large enough to justify it. The only sword attacks that feel like the sword of the creator are his up air and his up special. And while I don't play with Final Smash's, it still feels like they just animated the attack as a "whip sword" but the hitbox for it should be way larger then it actually is (kinda like dtilt). Overall his sword attacks are disappointing in terms of flavor.

My point is that if the ARMS character is going to function as another "distance demon", they should go all in on it. Not like Byleth where really only his lance attacks + recovery can be called "distance demon" attacks.

toonito

Smash Ace
Regarding the ARMS discussion I think FP6 will be Spring Man alone or Spring Man...but Wait! There's More! (Ribbon Girl as an echo or Spring Man w/ Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min alts)

basically either way I think Spring Man's involved...i'd be surprised if he was left out somehow
now that we're close to the ARMS reveal here's my thoughts on the ARMS rep (as always im just speculating)

i've cooled off considerably on the 4-in-1 character pack (I could be wrong but i'm not as confident in the idea as i was a few months ago)

i still think Spring Man is the favorite but I think due to his AT status its possible Ribbon Girl may be the sole ARMS character in Smash

I've also cooled off on a non-spirit ARMS character getting in (Max Brass, Coyle, etc.)

TLDR:
changes since last time
4-in-1 feels less likely
Spring Man feels slightly less likely
Ribbon Girl feels more likely

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I think that regardless of what Sakurai says, we should just look at the nature of the Fighters Pass and come to realize what the implications of a Challenger Pack is.

What I mean is that we aren't just getting a DLC fighter. We are getting a whole package that comes with a stage, and music, and spirits. The fighter is just one piece of the puzzle, and is supposed to be a representative of some series or game.

Don't believe me? Each trailer for theses fighters ends with "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate × Persona 5" or "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate × Banjo-Kazooie" or "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate × Fire Emblem Three Houses". It's about more than just a fighter. It's an entire game or series.

So with that said characters like Bandana Dee or Waluigi probably won't happen. Those characters aren't a representative of any particular game or series on their own. If Bandana Dee was to be in a Challenger Pack, what stage would he come with? What Spirits? Would it just be arbitrary Kirby stuff? What about Waluigi? What Spirits or music would he come with? You need to start asking that. If you can't come up with a good answer then they probably aren't a good candidate for a Challenger Pack.
I really don't think Sakurai is going to hold back on including certain characters due to lacking a strong theme for the supporting content, because the character is the main selling point.

All of the language revolving around each Challenger Pack directly relates back to the character. The character is the first thing shown off and remains the centre focus of a reveal trailer, while references to the overall series are largely confined to CGI portions of the trailer and a few seconds scanning over the stage. The individual packs aren't named after their series, they're named after the character. It's not "Challenger Pack 1: Persona 5", it's "Challenger Pack 1: Joker". Even terms like the "Fighter's Pass" and "Challenger Pack" put the character at the centre.

As such, the non-fighter content is ultimately supplementary. It's little bells and whistles that help the character feel more integrated into Smash. That's not to knock that sort of content or to say it has no value, it's just to highlight it's as important as the main course: the fighter. As such, when Sakurai is confronted with a potentially interesting character that may not have an obvious theme to run with for their supporting content, I don't see him rejecting that idea on principle. The most important part that makes/brakes a potential Challenge Pack is there, it's just finding a nice box for it to ride in that's the issue.

Besides, it's not like each character needs to bring a mountain of new content. They just need a new stage, at least 8 new music tracks, and at least 8 new spirits. Given the legacy and number of entries in the series that these fighters come from, it's not too difficult to come up with a list of potential stages, songs, and spirits that could fill out these spots. Smash is barely scratching the surface of Mario Party's musical library, so Waluigi could come with plenty of tracks. Likewise, we still have yet to get Kirby stage from a non-Sakurai game, so that's an easy addition for Bandana Waddle Dee. Maybe the "Smash Bros x" splashscreen at the end of the trailer could be a little awkward, but that's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
In no particular order, here is my thought on the possible ARMS rep, also I listed some Smash characters that represent the ARMS characters if they didn't make it in as a fighter.

1.) A ARMS duo something like a Ice Climbers or ref to Team Fight in which the two characters are tether together as one fighter by a green/orange thread, but retain their respective abilities/gimmicks. Trails of Mana spirits shows that two characters can be treated as one spirit.

2.) Spring Man when the rule for assist trophy need to be broken. State: Spring Stadium. Spirit: Mii Brawler w/Spring Man outfit

3.) Ribbon Girl when support spirit not fighter spirit is promoted instead. #1 most won in the second Global Testpunch. State: Ribbon Ring. Spirit: Mii Brawler w/Ribbon Girl outfit.

4.) Ninjara when Ryu Hayabusa isn't the Ninja rep for Fighter Pass 2. #1 most used in the second Global Testpunch. State Ninja College. Spirit: Sheik or Greninja.

5.) Master Mummy the first heaviest ARMS fighter and big threat for lighter Smash fighter. State: Mausoleum. Spirit: Ganondorf.

6.) Min Min won the only Party Crash Bash and the most popular character overall. State: Ramen Bowl. Spirit: Corrin

7.) Mechanica who VA is Zelda from Smash. Won the first Japanese online tournament sponsored by Nintendo and shock the Japanese audience when they considered her low-tier. State: Scrapyard. Spirit: Zelda or Samus.

8.) Twintelle since Bayonetta was her spirit character, then it is likely possible for Twintelle to be DLC just like Bayo. State: Cinema Deux.

9.) Byte & Barq for anyone don't like my ARMS duo idea, then how about the cop & dog. State: Buster Beach. Spirit: Rob & Fox or Duck Hunt

10.) Kid Cobra how about a character who was actually born with the ARMS phenomenon. State: Snake Park. Spirit: Snake

11.) Helix the character who look likes the creator of ARMS. State: DNA Lab. Spirit: Inkling

12.) Max Brass the champ is here and his time is now. State: Sky Arena. Spirit: Captain Falcon

13.) Lola Pop the most scariest character for the American audience. State: Via Dolce. Spirit: Palutena or King K. Rool?

14.) Misango the character who everybody will make a Jojo memes about. State: Temple Grounds. Spirit: Shulk

15.) Springtron the character who actually should be a ARMS rep than a replacement for a Spring Man assist trophy. State: Sparring Ring. Spirit: Mii Brawler w/Springtron or Spring Man outfit.

16.) Dr. Coyle the only ARMS character who have the actual personality to steal a Smash invitation letter within a trailer. State: [NAME REDACTED]. Spirit: Dark Samus

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And thus begins the weekday. Here's to hopefully an announcement and reveal of the ARMS rep.

Otherwise if not then certainly next week if the 16th rumor is true.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Maybe the "Smash Bros x" splashscreen at the end of the trailer could be a little awkward, but that's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.
Or maybe it'll just not be there? The 8/8 Direct had SSBU X Castlevania for the Belmonts, but no similar screen for K. Rool's trailer.

Alternatively, they don't care that Smash X Sonic/Mega Man/Pokemon has already been a thing, but Mii costumes from those series still had the SSBU X screen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom