• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
Does this user have any credibility when it comes to leaking information or is he simply speculating based on what he thinks insiders are talking about? He’s speaking as if he’s heard these things from another source but at the same time he doesn’t have a track record.
He’s part of Sabi’s insider circle and hear’s the same stuff they get but doesn’t leak it like Sabi or Verge AFAIK. He’s been in the Geno thread giving us breadcrumbs on the next potential few characters without directly stating them.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
What's everyone's top 5 for DLC?
In terms of want or characters we think are likely? If it's the former, and assuming no Spirit promotions:
  1. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  2. 2B (Nier: Automata)
  3. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  4. Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
  5. Ahri (League of Legends)
In case of Spirit promotions, just knock out Ahri and put Geno in 3rd.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
So does that mean our character total won't hit 91? Suppose that makes sense. I doubt we'll get much more than 10 DLC characters anyway.
Devs can do anything, to be fair. It's probably something similar to how only 7 characters could be added to Brawl mods. THough, I think they did eventually find a way to surpass that limit.

D

Deleted member

For those that may have missed it, @Fatmanonice mentioned his thoughts on AC, Three Houses, and 8th gen Pokemon yesterday:

It’s not insider confirmed or anything and just his speculation but I think it’s noteworthy that these newer First Party game’s haven’t even been discussed in insider circles to the point where he is willing to commit that idea that they won’t get characters. Thoughts?

Personally not too surprised since the DLC is mostly focused on Third Party and there is other First Party characters that should come in first like Dixie, Bandana Dee, Rex/Pyra, etc.
Doubt.jpg

Nintendo added Corrin for Sm4sh which was a relatively new character, could see the Howard twins, new Pokemon or a TH rep due to this. Seems premature speculating from his part.
Does this user have any credibility when it comes to leaking information or is he simply speculating based on what he thinks insiders are talking about? He’s speaking as if he’s heard these things from another source but at the same time he doesn’t have a track record.
He's in Sabi's discord, but for the record he got us into a wild goose chase regarding brave not being Hero for months due to parameters he didn't understand and frame data that he said it was too weird for a swordsman to have. Dude tends to pretty much lean on everything that supports content from the Brawl era of speculation.

SKX31

Smash Master
“91 slots or more will cause the game to crash”

Wonder what that’s related to...
Difficult to tell, but looks like if Sakurai / Sora wants to go beyond 90 they might want to likewise remove the split mons and Giga Bowser if possible. Or find another route - which is actually fully possible. They'd know what causes the game to crash at 91 (as they have not just 16 WoL slots, but also the 29 dummy slots IIRC.) so I wouldn't count out Sakurai / Sora finding a way to add slots / change the CSS if they agree to go beyond 90.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
“91 slots or more will cause the game to crash”

Wonder what that’s related to...
I wouldn't worry too much about that. What's an issue for modders working backwards from the full version will be no concern for Sakurai and his team working with the source code.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
The planning for the Game Awards has begun. Wonder what Nintendo is planning this year.

Plank08

Smash Lord

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
In regards to top 5 wants, several were put in as AT so that stinks and several others I had are just long shots with little chance but:

5: Sly Cooper
4: Krystal (AT now)
3: Dig Dug (No idea how they'd make him work but Pac-Man was the character I never knew I wanted, so my second fav arcade character getting the treatment has been a dream)
2: Bomberman (AT now)
1: Turok (Specifically Joshua Fireseed from Turok 2: Seeds of Evil)

Honorable Mention; Excitebiker (Though Sakurai's claim of being unable to make that concept work in 4 and being back as an AT that game lowers hope of him being finangled to work even now)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My top 5, ignoring pesky reality would be

1. Gardevoir
2. Roll (Mega Man)
3. Heavy Weapons Guy
4. Spyro the Dragon
5. Shantae

Just missing out are Krystal, Dixie Kong, Kat from Gravity Rush and Hilda from Link between Worlds.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Though in terms of the Game Awards, I have a suspicion that the Nintendo reveal won't be cahracter 5 but would be Super Mario Odyssey 2, using all the ideas they didn't have time for in the base game.
So do you think FP5 will be revealed 5 days before then on the anniversary of the game? I can't see it being January tbh.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Five most wanted (no particular order)
  1. 2B (NieR: Automata)
  2. Dante (Devil May Cry)
  3. Master Chief (Halo)*
  4. Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
  5. Arle (Puyo Puyo)
* = I can dream.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
We can disregard the solo climbers theory. The guy was only removing the slots from his own mod.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So do you think FP5 will be revealed 5 days before then on the anniversary of the game? I can't see it being January tbh.
I can't say. I don't have a strong gut instinct for game reveals. I could be completely offbase with that Odyssey 2 prediction.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
1. Lloyd
2. Sora
3. Professor Layton
4. Dixie Kong (deconfirmed by spirit I guess?)
5. A Monster Hunter
I believe that spirits were deconfirmations for the first Pass, but IDK if they will be for the second.

It’s clear they’ve had the first set of DLC planned out before Ultimate’s launch, so of course they wouldn’t include the DLC characters in the game somewhere beforehand.

But with this next set of DLC, they can change their minds on if they want a character to be playable or not. I don’t know if it’ll happen, since there’s so many third parties to choose from, but I don’t think it’s impossible anymore.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Sorry for derailing the discussion AGAIN, but if we are getting DLC 5 at the Game Awards, then it has be someone whose game shown up there as was the case of Joker.

Despite Frankie's tweet, I would say there is still strong case for Master Chief. He denied Halo 2 anniversary. His tweet wording looks iffy. One of the leakers who guessed Link's Awakening Remake and Mario Maker 2 before announcement. He said "Mario on Playstation." Most people agreed that definitely referred to Halo on Switch. With rumor of Microsoft's attempt to put Game Pass on Switch, I think it starts to make sense. Game Award would be great shocking marketing opportunity. I seriously doubt Phil Spencer didn't talk about putting Chief in Smash. "You can put Banjo, but you also have to put Chief in as well because we want marketing value." I feel something more happened behind curtain.
Master Chief would be the most insane addition ever. I want it to happen but I don't think it's that likely.
Chief would need to take a leaf out of Cloud's book.

Start in space, then slowly descend into the Halo theme playing.
I will admit that one of the reasons why I wanted Doom Slayer was he was the closest thing to being Master Chief.
If he actually gets into Smash, I will be so happy that my dream character will along side Mario and Sonic.

I wouldn't mind Heihachi in Smash personally but if I wanted to pick a new Fighting Game rep, it'd either be Sol Badguy or Ragna the Bloodedge. I think Arc System Works deserves a rep in the future and either of those two would be plenty. That's just me, though.
I want a Blazblu rep and for Ragna's stage instead of Xander mobus saying "Ready go!" It's the voice clip of Blaz blu cross tag that says "Can't escape from crossing fates! FIGHT!" It fits with Smash's crossover stuff.
If we were to get another Fighting Game character after Terry, I want them to be from Arc System Works.
I don't recall either Sol or Ragna fought Ryu or any other Capcom character in any form so it would be sweet to see them duke it out.
Just not Heihachi...

So this came from the Shantae thread. FP5 might be an tag team character. Any ideas?
Phoenix and Maya or Layton and Luke?

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
My Top 5?

1. Shantae
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Reimu
4. Rex and the Aegis
5. KOS-MOS

I had this "never ever" stray thought: Captain Titus (of The Ultramarines. From Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine).

Do you have any "never ever" stray thoughts?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My Top 5?

1. Shantae
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Reimu
4. Rex and the Aegis
5. KOS-MOS

I had this "never ever" stray thought: Captain Titus (of The Ultramarines. From Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine).

I had a complete moveset made for Pidgeotto in the Brawl days that was based around gliding.

I don't even like Pidgeotto, aka Gen 1 anime's Jobber-mon. It just worked in my head.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
My Top 5?

1. Shantae
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Reimu
4. Rex and the Aegis
5. KOS-MOS

My 'never ever' is Joshua Fireseed from Turok 2. He's the one character I'd lose my mind if he ever got in. Or even Tal'Set from Turok 1. Turok Rep in general but that's a franchise I don't forsee being on Nintendo's radar in the slightest.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
So here’s a fun hyptothetical; based on what we know of the leaks of sword and shield and all it Pokemon, which Pokémon do you think would be chosen for hypothetical dlc? My vote goes to rillaboom (the final evo of grookey)
Realistically, one of the starters.
knowing my luck it'll probably be Intelleon, but if it's one of the other two I'd happily buy it.
Wishfully, I'd love to see Galarian Ponyta. When else do we have the chance to get a magic unicorn into Smash? It's got the telekinetic powers for doing all the things you need hands for, and a magical forest as a home stage.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
The planning for the Game Awards has begun. Wonder what Nintendo is planning this year.

I am gonna make a bold prediction by saying we're gonna a trailer for BOTW 2 and confirmation of a 2020 release for the game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Come the 17th there's gonna be a mad dash to set up Pokemon support threads.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Following the game, my 5 most wanteds characters.
- Dante
- Jill/Leon
- Crash
- Sol Badguy

The fifth spot would be between 2B, Amaterasu and Phoenix Wright, I think. I'm assuming all DLC will be 3rd party.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Good morning everyone.
Morning Lesley.

Realistically, one of the starters.
knowing my luck it'll probably be Intelleon, but if it's one of the other two I'd happily buy it.
Wishfully, I'd love to see Galarian Ponyta. When else do we have the chance to get a magic unicorn into Smash? It's got the telekinetic powers for doing all the things you need hands for, and a magical forest as a home stage.
Honestly it could be any three of them as they all fit, but I think whichever one Ash picks as his starter has the biggest chance

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
i really doubt she'd be post timeskip. the design that was advertised, displayed, and that is most commonly known is the beginning one.
unlike chrom, robin, and Lucina in their game, three houses is very clearly edelgaurd's game. Shes a better written Daenerys Targaryenimo. She'srelevent at all timesin the story. While all three three houses lords are spins on traditional FE villains and are well liked characters, given edelgaurd's story importance, her historic significance to FE as a series, and three houses reception I could see her getting in as dlc just not as FP5.

i'd honestly prefer is if you could have all three lords as one character and switch ala pokemon trainer claude is speed/traps, edelgaurd is power, and dimitri is range.byleth stands in the background giving orders.
Post-timeskip Edelgard could work in Smash, if only for the factly that they wouldn't have to change much in the way of proportions at all since she remains the same height throughout the game.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Sorry for derailing the discussion AGAIN, but if we are getting DLC 5 at the Game Awards, then it has be someone whose game shown up there as was the case of Joker.
There a category for Best Expansion?
If so, increase the (unrealistic) XIV character hype, because that's damned sure going to Shadowbringers.

If not. Back to apathy...

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
From what it sounds like, it doesn't seem like none of the leaker inner circles really know what's going on at the current moment for who #5 is. While yes, we have a good picks of front runners but none with a lead aside from maybe Bandai, and that's just going off from a "clue" from the direct.

At least to me, I think most of them are just hearing names, but they can't pin down the ordering of those names and I can see how that can even mislead and confuse some of the insiders/leakers. They think whoever they hear is coming, is more than likely going to be the "next one," it's the next one to be revealed, but that doesn't always mean that a certain character is going to be that next character and we can see them months down the line.

Cause remember we've known about the Square character ever since August of last year and he didn't finally come to fruition until this year, and we also thought for the longest that Hero would've been shown off at the VGA's from last year, but it turned out to be an Atlus character. So, I'm also pretty sure that the ordering of these characters may also be confusing people.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
From what it sounds like, it doesn't seem like none of the leaker inner circles really know what's going on at the current moment for who #5 is. While yes, we have a good picks of front runners but none with a lead aside from maybe Bandai, and that's just going off from a "clue" from the direct.

At least to me, I think most of them are just hearing names, but they can't pin down the ordering of those names and I can see how that can even mislead and confuse some of the insiders/leakers. They think whoever they hear, is more than likely the "next one," but that doesn't always mean that a certain character is going to be that next character and we can see them months down the line. Cause remember we've known about the Square character ever since August of last year and he didn't finally come to fruition until this year, and we also thought for the longest that Hero would've been shown off at the VGA's from last year, but it turned out to be an Atlus character. So, I'm also pretty sure that the ordering of these characters may also be confusing people.
Isn't it also possible Nintendo are "leaking" fake I information

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Whether or not it leaks, it ain't gonna be long before we know who FP5 is anyway. They're supposed to be out in February sometime, leaks kinda don't matter IMO when the window's that small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom