• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
This would make the core game perfect I my eyes, so much replay value right there, I would be able to fight a giant bowser as a tiny Mario it’s perfect!
Yeah I'm kind of surprised they haven't done this yet, seems like a natural next step after the mode's update from Melee to Brawl, but it has pretty much remained untouched ever since. I think you can even do this via hacks so why not make it an actual feature? Like you said, it would add in a ton more replay value for creative themed match ups.

I get what you're saying and I like the idea, but this kinda what spirit battles are lol.
If you're talking about spirit battles with item equips those only let you start a match wth the given items, but wears out after a short amount of time as usual. I'd like to have these transformations for the entirety of the match. The only modifications that last the whole match are things that effect the characters attributes such as defence, power, weight etc.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I guess that implies that Sabi's contact doesn't think Doomguy is a fighter but that Doom Miis are possible, which is not a good outcome.
That said, there's always the possibility that for the purpose of development cooperation the Smash team would be working with id Software directly. Bethesda is ZeniMax's publishing arm but non-tangential involvement from them may not be necessary.
Bethesda SOFTWORKS specifically is the publishing branch.
Bethesda Game Studios is the development branch.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Well, looks like y’all are gonna have to wait like adults for once! Besides, it’s only tomorrow lol.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
I can't believe Dungeons and Dragons is finally getting representation in Smash, even if it is just a Mii costume!

EDIT: At least one of you lot gets it...

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Apparently the Cacodemon hat shares more details with its original Doom sprite, specifically the two larger teeth on its bottom jaw and a small horn on its bottom-right side (and so I assume its bottom-left as well); it seems to have a horn just barely visible on its back, too, and tbh I thought I noticed back horns in one of the leak's videos:

Mii leak3 (Cacodemon hat details).png

This thing is very high-quality.

Last edited:

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Apparently there's a couple of French discord users who have claimed to have made the leak whilst also mocking Geno fans, Doomguy fans, and Americans. Even going so far to call themselves "Grinch 2."

https://twitter.com/ant_merde/status/1191466432099471360?s=19

(Read comments for some translation)

There's no source on this however so it's up to your interpetation. Likewise the Twitter user who posted the Doom hat in Fortnite now has a pretty similar Mallow hat.

https://twitter.com/GiruloKFC/status/1191819712843452417?s=19

If I had to guess what's happening here its that these two made the mod for ****s and giggles, it exploded and the want for said characters outweighed the rationality of debating this leak, then sometime within the last couple day or so the "leakers" gave this individual the models (or he originally made them, his profile says he's a 3D artist after all,) and he's just enjoying stirring the pot. He's likely not posting any pictures of it in Smash though since he probably lacks Smash modding knowledge.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
idgaf if Doomguy is playable or not, but I hope that Cacodemon Mii hat is real because its dope.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Apparently there's a couple of French discord users who have claimed to have made the leak whilst also mocking Geno fans, Doomguy fans, and Americans. Even going so far to call themselves "Grinch 2."

There's no source on this however so it's up to your interpetation. Likewise the Twitter user who posted the Doom hat in Fortnite now has a pretty similar Mallow hat.

If I had to guess what's happening here its that these two made the mod for ****s and giggles, it exploded and the want for said characters outweighed the rationality of debating this leak, then sometime within the last couple day or so the "leakers" gave this individual the models (or he originally made them, his profile says he's a 3D artist after all,) and he's just enjoying stirring the pot. He's likely not posting any pictures of it in Smash though since he probably lacks Smash modding knowledge.
Oh dear Lord...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

One of the French dudes claimed they just found an old Mallow model, which I doubt since no one else found one like it.

And:
Mii leak2 (comparison).png
+ the Cacodemon model of that troll's is missing details, so now it's not just different proportions and angles like we argued about earlier.

If they don't come out with proof, they're just like everyone else claiming they made it.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

These are still helmets though, NOT miii hats like the one in the video.

As stated by multiiple modders throughout the community, its VERY DIFFICULT to mod a mii hat (so you can see a mii's expressions) without the game crashing.

unless i see video evidence of somebody modding a good looking mii hat into ultimate, i will continue to lean towards team real.

anyone can type things on discord/4chan. but not many people post VIDEO evidence

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

There have already been multiple people to claim ownership of the leak. Until someone proves it, you can't take them at face value.

Last edited:

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

Show me the receipts.

Believing some random yahoos on some Discord server is the exact same thing as believing every text leak that floats by. Just because it "debunks" something doesn't make it any smarter to buy into without proof.

D

Deleted member

There have already been multiple people to claim ownership of the leak. Until someone proves it, you can't take them at face value.
Besides, I know for a fact that they didn't make those hats
Because it was me
I did it
1572994934685.png

D

Deleted member

If those French dudes claimed that they made the entire thing, they probably would have confessed.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Does anyone know how to say "show me the receipts" in French?

D

Deleted member

Yes, I believe Chucklehead Tom made the leak, because he said he did.

People might lie on discord, but this is Smashboards. We have standards here.
So you do not believe the leak is real, eh?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
At this point, I'm honestly starting to feel like these Mii hats are becoming both undebunkable and unverifyable. Not because the leak is right or wrong, but because by this point, both "teams" have gone into full detective mode to such an extent that I doubt that even the original leaker could properly clarify things.
All we can do is wait until we get actual Mii costume announcements.

D

Deleted member

At this point, I'm honestly starting to feel like these Mii hats are becoming both undebunkable and unverifyable. Not because the leak is right or wrong, but because by this point, both "teams" have gone into full detective mode to such an extent that I doubt that even the original leaker could properly clarify things.
All we can do is wait until we get actual Mii costume announcements.
Technically Grinch 2: The Leakers Strike Back.

This would make a great movie.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
One of the French dudes claimed they just found an old Mallow model, which I doubt since no one else found one.

And:
View attachment 245330

If they don't come out with proof, they're just like everyone else claiming they made it.
Are you claiming there weren't any models of Mallow before the leak came up? Because that's not true. One if the very first things I posted was a link to a model of mellow I found when googleing "Mallow model."
These are still helmets though, NOT miii hats like the one in the video.

As stated by multiiple modders throughout the community, its VERY DIFFICULT to mod a mii hat (so you can see a mii's expressions) without the game crashing.

unless i see video evidence of somebody modding a good looking mii hat into ultimate, i will continue to lean towards team real.

anyone can type things on discord/4chan. but not many people post VIDEO evidence
They specifically say they hope the leak will last for a long time and they don't want someone to debunk it, and plenty of people have suggested it wouldn't be anywhere near as hard as your suggesting to mod a hat. People in this thread, people like Pushdustin.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
yeah i don't believe this leak but that's very obviously not the same mallow hat

the eyes alone are completely the wrong shape

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Are you claiming there weren't any models of Mallow before the leak came up? Because that's not true. One if the very first things I posted was a link to a model of mellow I found when googleing "Mallow model."

They specifically say they hope the leak will last for a long time and they don't want someone to debunk it, and plenty of people have suggested it wouldn't be anywhere near as hard as your suggesting to mod a hat. People in this thread, people like Pushdustin.
True as that may be in regards to the complexities of modding Mii Hats, what gives these people any more credibility?

I could grab a couple of my numbskull friends, post in Russian about Americans being idiots, and say what they said word for word and I'd be just as credible.

We haven't been shown the models yet and as time goes by the impact of there being a model found becomes less and less as people get more time to recreate what was made in the video to grab attention.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Ok... but once again they dont have any proof that they can actually pull something like this off. Additionally, nobody on the ENTIRE INTERNET can debunk this at the moment.

Finally, anybody can type anything. What if I told you.... THAT I AM ZE FRENCH MODDER? SACRE BLEU!

Sometimes you just gotta believe your eyes. This aint no grinch leak with some crazy photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom