• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plank08

Smash Lord
You're telling to leave this game community, aren't you? How can I be chill when I have so much bs to think about. I kinda just wanna let loose my rage. I knida just wanna mope and mope and cry and cry and cry.

This game took my heart and now it's gonna break it. How ironic.
ok I really think you should calm down, NO video game should be THIS big of a deal, see a therapist, take a break from the game, do something please, just calm down.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Of course, we need to keep talking about Ryu and Brew leak to keep people interested.

No, but honestly it would be interesting to compare on the stuff that MvCI did wrong compared to smash.
Meanwhile MvCI is significantly better at Smash every day of the week when it comes to character interactions. We never even got a unique victory animation or whatever for if Ryu and Ken win so I'm already prepared for no Ken and Terry interactions

Plank08

Smash Lord
Also, no ones against you when they don’t have female characters in their lists Lesley, they just didn’t have a female character up there, if they didn’t want to do it you shouldn’t guilt trip them over it, sorry if I’m being harsh

Meanwhile MvCI is significantly better at Smash every day of the week when it comes to character interactions. We never even got a unique victory animation or whatever for if Ryu and Ken win so I'm already prepared for no Ken and Terry interactions
It wouldn't surprise me if that's the way the next Smash Bros stands out next to Ultimate. We do have a few matchup specific victory quotes, but there's a long way to go in that regard.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
If I could choose one anime character for Smash, it'd be Jotaro Kujo as a Joker Echo.

The key difference in their movesets is that Jotaro always keeps his hands in his pockets. This is huge and will make him the most unique character ever added to Smash.

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
Of course, we need to keep talking about Ryu and Brew leak to keep people interested.

No, but honestly it would be interesting to compare on the stuff that MvCI did wrong compared to smash.
MvCI did one big thing wrong, took its audience for granted. It slapped old character assets into an engine and art style that did not mesh, and held back the most interesting characters for DLC because it got overconfident thinking if they make it people will come. Dragon ball Fighterz coming along and kicking it in the teeth was the last thing it was prepared for, and it suffered on every level by the comparison— I admit this and I actually like MvCI.

Smash has never had this problem from what I’ve seen. Smash on a bad day still gives respect to every character and franchise it encompasses, and has ( albeit slowly) started to appreciate its attention in fighting game circles.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
(Warning explicit)
Some discussion of a game-original Tony Hawk Pro Skater character of all things being given a character in Smash Ultimate, representing that huge franchise. Of course, we're only perhaps starting to let in more "Westies" and I'd hope they'd be the most reasonable ones...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Honestly, while we may not have special character entry and victory animations, Smash does them justice in... literally every other area. Besides, considering the care that goes for each franchise in the movesets, stages, items and Spirit battles and how much work all of these take, not having some character specific interactions in exchange for all of that is a pretty sweet deal imo.

Ah, here's something I've been meaning to ask: what other japanese developers could get a playable character besides Koei Tecmo?

The ones that come to my mind are Level-5, Arc System Works, maybe NIS (big maybe). Who else is there?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
MvCI did one big thing wrong, took its audience for granted. It slapped old character assets into an engine and art style that did not mesh, and held back the most interesting characters for DLC because it got overconfident thinking if they make it people will come. Dragon ball Fighterz coming along and kicking it in the teeth was the last thing it was prepared for, and it suffered on every level by the comparison— I admit this and I actually like MvCI.

Smash has never had this problem from what I’ve seen. Smash on a bad day still gives respect to every character and franchise it encompasses, and has ( albeit slowly) started to appreciate its attention in fighting game circles.
One of the biggest problems it had was lack of freedom, Capcom wasn't even allowed to show the Marvel characters getting hurt in trailers let alone pick who they wanted. Makes you realize Smash's freedom is VERY special when compared to more **** like PSABR too

D

Deleted member

From what I heard MvCI has good gameplay is this true? It seems to fail on every other aspect though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
From what I heard MvCI has good gameplay is this true? It seems to fail on every other aspect though.
Yeah, gameplay was surprisingly customizable with the altered tag system which allows you to tag a character in while you're doing a combo with your other character. Battle For The Grid is a fighting game heavily inspired by MvC2 but the dev team really liked that and included it alongside traditional assists

D

Deleted member

Morning people. I've read some of the comments thinking I need a therapist or a psychologist or something. Just to let you all know, I've had a problem with making big deals out of little things ever since I was born. It's been with me ever since.

If you guys git Haya, then I'm hapoy for you, but know that you all broke my heart too.

D

Deleted member

One of the biggest problems it had was lack of freedom, Capcom wasn't even allowed to show the Marvel characters getting hurt in trailers let alone pick who they wanted. Makes you realize Smash's freedom is VERY special when compared to more **** like PSABR too
Honest;y I just wish they make Capcom all-star or something like what SNK did with their franchies to make KoF, having marvel everywhere these days gets so boring and tiring, I prefer to see my favorite weird Chinese game characters fighting together...

D

Deleted member

Honest;y I just wish they make Capcom all-star or something like what SNK did with their franchies to make KoF, having marvel everywhere these days gets so boring and tiring, I prefer to see my favorite weird Chinese game characters fighting together...
Funny thing actually. Capcom should learn to treasure its own IPs, not have them constantly piggybacking on someone else's ride.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong and Jill Valentine are the two best female characters not already playable that I think would please the most people

D

Deleted member

Funny thing actually. Capcom should learn to treasure its own IPs, not have them constantly piggybacking on someone else's ride.
They seem to be learning with the recent releases but their recent fighting games should be better since everyone is beating them.

Also how do we break your heart? We're not the ones deciding the DLC and it's not even 100% if it's Ryu.

{QUOTE="yeet123, post: 23599846, member: 434059"]KAZOOIE IS A FEMALE REP.

That is all.

[/QUOTE]

No

Dixie Kong and Jill Valentine are the two best female characters not already playable that I think would please the most people
A lot of people disagree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
No

Yes she is, lol. Literally no debate here.
*sigh*
The fact Kazooie only ever gets acknowledged as a way to dismiss people wanting girls is exactly the problem, when someone asked you who you wanted for Smash, you would say "Banjo!" If someone asked who your favourite DLC character was you'd say "Banjo!" When talking competitively you'd say "Banjo is high tier for sure I don't care that Tweek dropped him!" Your avatar is only Banjo. When referring to attacks you'd say they are Banjo's attacks. If you see someone saying "I like Banjo" you'd go "haha I like him too!". Kazooie is a vital part of the moveset yet never gets mentioned whereas Banjo gets all the talk. Compare this to Ice Climbers, if you even try saying "Hey man low key Popo's down b kinda busted" or whatever, you'll get corrected because it isn't Popo, but rather the Ice Climbers. Commentators and whatnot will always mention Nana seperately as they understand you truly can't have Popo without Nana, whereas Kazooie is little more than a bladegun or whatever, a tool, a weapon, not a character. So no, Sir Banjolemew's mighty blade doesn't count as again, people only bring it up to shut down "more girls would be cool"

Plank08

Smash Lord
If they brought back smash run, I feel like Dragon would have equal if not more types of enemies then even Mario, there’s so many fun enemies in dragon quest and I cant wait to get 11also I really miss smash run

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Anyway, fun time with another game by Gwen. You get to add any newcomer from any new potential franchise for a total of 5 characters, but there's a catch! They can NOT be the main character at all. If, for example, you wanted a Soul Calibir character, you'd have to ditch Nightmare and chose say, Amy instead.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
*sigh*
The fact Kazooie only ever gets acknowledged as a way to dismiss people wanting girls is exactly the problem"
First of all, stop insinuating that Im saying kazooie is enough to cover the entirety of female representation in smash. stop being so self righteous.

second of all, this is clearly not the case, as ive advocated and gotten **** on for mentioning female reps throughout this messageboard (dixie, nakoruru, lara, etc)

I know everyone in here likes to die on some imaginary hill fighting some imaginary social justice battle whenever they get the chance to stretch their twitter fingers, but im literally just saying that kazooie is a girl.

so pls.... shush

Plank08

Smash Lord
Anyway, fun time with another game by Gwen. You get to add any newcomer from any new potential franchise for a total of 5 characters, but there's a catch! They can NOT be the main character at all. If, for example, you wanted a Soul Calibir character, you'd have to ditch Nightmare and chose say, Amy instead.
You ask amazing questions

Sub Zero(Mortal Kombat) wow this feels so wrong
Sack...girl? Sure( LittleBigPlanet)
Dr. Neo Cortex( Crash Bandicoot)
Apollo Justice( Ace Attorney)
Scout (Team Fortress 2)
Jade (Dragon Quest 11)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
User was warned for this post
First of all, stop insinuating that Im saying kazooie is enough to cover the entirety of female representation in smash. stop being so self righteous.

second of all, this is clearly not the case, as ive advocated and gotten **** on for mentioning female reps throughout this messageboard (dixie, nakoruru, lara, etc)

I know everyone in here likes to die on some imaginary hill fighting some imaginary social justice battle whenever they get the chance to stretch their twitter fingers, but im literally just saying that kazooie is a girl.

so pls.... shush
Maybe it's because I'm sleepdeprived but it's the same **** I see from every other Rareware stan and the same **** we saw for the last week or so, what did you expect when all these "UMMMM ACKSHUALYYYYY"s blur together, that people would see you as a revolutionary figure saying never before considered hot takes?

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
User was warned for this post
Maybe it's because I'm sleepdeprived but it's the same **** I see from every other Rareware stan and the same **** we saw for the last week or so, what did you expect when all these "UMMMM ACKSHUALYYYYY"s blur together, that people would see you as a revolutionary figure saying never before considered hot takes?
next time i post anything ill take into account your sleep deprivation, the bull**** youve encountered from other random rare fans on the internet, and your idea that i think im some revolutionary figure

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
She is female. But she's no more a rep than Peach and Daisy's Toads are reps.
PEACH AND TOAD!

DAISY AND TOAD!

Oh wait.... thats not their names. Hm....

TO REITERATE: I literally JUST pointed out that Kazooie is a girl, and everyones getting salty. what a world

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
next time i post anything ill take into account your sleep deprivation, the bull**** youve encountered from other random rare fans on the internet, and your idea that i think im some revolutionary figure

RAndom Rare fans?
*looks back at how people clamouring for K.Rool reacted to K.Rool not getting in*
*looks back at how saying that was the same as a child getting upset about not getting a toy they wanted ended up earning me a stalker*
*looks back at people giving me **** for saying K.Rool's moveset didn't look fun in the trailer which we later learned didn't even show his main gimmick*
*looks back at how aggressive Banjo fans were to people thinking Grinch wasn't real*
I dunno about you but the fact all of that bull**** was on this website tells me it's more than 'random fans'.
Btw that's for your mirror

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
RAndom Rare fans?
*looks back at how people clamouring for K.Rool reacted to K.Rool not getting in*
*looks back at how saying that was the same as a child getting upset about not getting a toy they wanted ended up earning me a stalker*
*looks back at people giving me **** for saying K.Rool's moveset didn't look fun in the trailer which we later learned didn't even show his main gimmick*
*looks back at how aggressive Banjo fans were to people thinking Grinch wasn't real*
I dunno about you but the fact all of that bull**** was on this website tells me it's more than 'random fans'.
Btw that's for your mirror
yeah im not reading all of this sorry.

TO REITERATE: i pointed out the Kazooie is a girl, and you write me irrelevant MLA format essays as a.... counter argument?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
yeah im not reading all of this sorry.

TO REITERATE: i pointed out the Kazooie is a girl, and you write me irrelevant MLA format essays as a.... counter argument?
We've had at least 10 chuds do this because they hate women this week so thinking you'd be seen as different is your problem. Btw get a better goddamn hat on that avi like the part 4 hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom