• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Remove the Pikmin 3 launch trailer, and add a Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase to the end, and I'd say that's a pretty realistic outcome. After those three weeks, we may see Super Smash Bros., or it may be the week after that.

The other outcome I predict is nothing for two weeks followed by the Partner Showcase, and then maybe Smash.
...I was joking. The post I was responding to was one saying it would be a Partner Showcase next week, so it felt redundant to put it there.

I don't think that's a realistic outcome in the slightest. If it happened, I would start to really question what the hell they're doing, because at this point there's no discernible reason to delay a Smash announcement any longer. Literally every other thing Nintendo has to show for this year is either DLC, a port or in Mario 35's case, a limited-time game.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You know that Spongebob “and the next day and the next day...” meme

replace day with week and that’s Smash speculation at this point tbh
The ducks waddled up to the lemonade stand and they said to the man, runnin' the stand
"Hey!" (bum bum bum) "Got any Smash?"
The man said "No, we just have a partner showcase, but it's got cool games like WWE!"
"Wanna play?"
The ducks said "No way!"
And they waddled away waddle waddle
'Till the very next week (bum bum bum bum bumbadum)

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
Amiibo theory debunked.
all the amiibo theory was the fact that an update is required to have the newest amiibo's compatible.
which still technically remains true, there are numerous videos right now that show off the joker and hero amiibo but not one of them are shown being scanned, and even if there is one right now, it's usually by exploit with some type of paper.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
And there it is, lol.

Next week maybe. Either something's gone wrong in development, or Nintendo really just wants Smash to be the absolute last thing they show for the year. If they're sticking to that deadline for next year, they gotta get that character out soon IMO. Either that, or have a crazy accelerated release schedule next year, and I kind of doubt that will happen.

Oh well. :p

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
...I was joking. The post I was responding to was one saying it would be a Partner Showcase next week, so it felt redundant to put it there.

I don't think that's a realistic outcome in the slightest. If it happened, I would start to really question what the hell they're doing, because at this point there's no discernible reason to delay a Smash announcement any longer. Literally every other thing Nintendo has to show for this year is either DLC, a port or in Mario 35's case, a limited-time game.
The lack of stuff is probably the reason why they would tbh.

Without any evidence to the contrary, I think that the last week of October is the earliest we'll see the fighter, and since all our "evidence" to the contrary has proven to be red herrings...

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
There's a sadly amusing irony that one of the things that made the initial wait before and after Min Min so frustrating was that there was not any sort of Nintendo news coming in and that so many of us felt like we were in the dark as far as what was happening for the rest of year only to now have those very kind of news/reveals be the very thing that's likely pushing back further Smash updates.

Essentially all of us circa July just wanting real content from Nintendo have gotten our wish via a monkey's paw.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
all the amiibo theory was the fact that an update is required to have the newest amiibo's compatible.
which still technically remains true, there are numerous videos right now that show off the joker and hero amiibo but not one of them are shown being scanned, and even if there is one right now, it's usually by exploit with some type of paper.
Amiibo theory was that a fighter would coincide with said update unless there wasn't one like with Min Min. It is at the very least proven that it's just as likely that they'll come after the Amiibo as they will come with.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I mean, the 7-Eleven ad still hasn't gone down. I think it's a little premature to get all doom and gloom about the pass.

Let's give it another week. If the amiibo compatibility comes and the ad goes down with nothing in sight by Wednesday next week, then yeah, that'll be very telling. However, that hasn't happened yet, so let's just wait and see.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I mean, the 7-Eleven ad still hasn't gone down. I think it's a little premature to get all doom and gloom about the pass.

Let's give it another week. If the amiibo compatibility comes and the ad goes down with nothing in sight by Wednesday next week, then yeah, that'll be very telling. However, that hasn't happened yet, so let's just wait and see.
There is no other week. It goes down at the beginning of next week. It's a red herring.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's a sadly amusing irony that one of the things that made the initial wait before and after Min Min so frustrating was that there was not any sort of Nintendo news coming in and that so many of us felt like we were in the dark as far as what was happening for the rest of year only to now have those very kind of news/reveals be the very thing that's likely pushing back further Smash updates.

Essentially all of us circa July just wanting real content from Nintendo have gotten our wish via a monkey's paw.
I'm just imagining Cranky Kong with a hook hand.
"Well, those jerks will get what they deserve. "

D

Deleted member

So we're getting Pokémon this week huh? Well I guess that means a few things:
  1. No reveal this week.
  2. Amiibo theory debunked.
  3. Ad was a red herring.
I'll go back to my original prediction of the last week of October as the earliest point for the reveal then.
We could very well get a reveal this week, but we will see. We did get Animal Crossing news and Kirby Fighters 2 in one week.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Guys, can we at least take this into consideration?
We could very well get a reveal this week, but we will see. We did get Animal Crossing news and Kirby Fighters 2 in one week.
It might happen, but the chances of it happening are negligible. We've got about a month before the reveal. If I'm wrong, well...Eggs are tasty so it won't bother me none.

I'm probably not though. :/

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Amiibo theory was that a fighter would coincide with said update unless there wasn't one like with Min Min. It is at the very least proven that it's just as likely that they'll come after the Amiibo as they will come with.
IIRC epicmartin7 epicmartin7 said that the amiibo theory has a date expiration that's late October. We're a month away from that yet. Stop being so pessimistic.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
IIRC epicmartin7 epicmartin7 said that the amiibo theory has a date expiration that's late October. We're a month away from that yet. Stop being so pessimistic.
Hm. I was told the expiration date was on the 2nd. Doesn't really change my views on the wait time though. I never really subscribed to Amiibo theory anyway, it was the ad that I thought was evidence.

Ok I just want to say that Impa's design in Hyrule Warriors 2 looks CLEAAAAAAAAAN! This is the best chance to bring an Impa in smash who looks really different from Sheik.
I will probably never understand how she went from that to her old self. I mean, wrinkles are a given, but how did she shrink like, 3 or 4 feet? lol

Last edited:

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Take this as you will:
This argument makes sense, but on the other hand this week we also have the actual release of the New Horizons update on the day after the Pokèmon video, and the next day Mario 35 comes out, so this a pretty packed week as it is even without Smash.

I personally think the earliest we could see the next Sakurai Presents is next Monday with an "announcement of the announcement" coming this Friday. And if next week comes and go and we get nothing, we may be in a pickle considering there's probably a Partner Showcase coming later this month, Pikmin 3 Deluxe comes out on the 30th, there's the Mario kart live thing comes out on the 16th and Pokèmon is still a headache-inducing wildcard considering that it could also come out this month.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'm guessing next week. This has Crown Tundra news, plus Pikmin 3 Deluxe, and Mario 35. Given that the ad's to be taken down next week, among other things, and the complete lack of anything else at that timeframe, I've set my sights on next week.

Not that it really matters to me right now. I'm just vibin' with Ys VIII. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

While we're on that topic, let's discuss Adol in Smash.

EDIT: Ah frick, Pikmin 3's not for another month. My bad.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmm...

It’s probably nothing, but good to know nevertheless

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think she can be even more different thank to the sheika tablet
I feel like she'd be a much more expansive ninja type. She has talismans and shadow clones and proper slashes.

Hmm...

Whoa, bringing up ring fit adventure, interesting. Will have to consider the character from it again :p

SKX31

Smash Master

"Bah, go ahead and wait for your fancy new fighters, it'll be quicker than waiting for a new version of Smash online!"
I'll just go ahead and re-post this Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/htigt7
Because really, it'd be a massive missed opportunity if Cranky didn't play like that.

Hmm...

Probably nothing, no, but it's still nice that Sakurai aknowledges games in a positive manner even if they don't get into Smash.

Might help RFA's chances in Smash 6, but Smash 6 is very likely a long way off anyway.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So after the Pokémon presentation was announced, that reddit leak from yesterday was deleted

did anyone screenshot and/or archive.is it?

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What is this reddit leak you guys are talking about?
Found another screenshot from the Geno thread (yeah you don’t have to tell me, I only check that place for potential rumors)

So FP7 is most likely third party, from a new franchise that is unexpected but “popular in the west”. It could be a western IP nobody expects (like LoL) or a Japanese IP that has a lot of western fans (TWEWY?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom