• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
So it's the Devil May Cry 5 anniversary today. This is going to be really unlikely because there's probably a direct coming in the next week, but I hope Nintendo reveals Dante without a direct, similar to what they did to Robin and Lucina in Smash 4.

Either that, or we get a Devil May Cry spirit event next week.
Words would not be enough to describe how crestfallen I'd be if that were to happen.

Were Robin and Lucina revealed together at the same time? They're from the same game too right?

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
So it's the Devil May Cry 5 anniversary today. This is going to be really unlikely because there's probably a direct coming in the next week, but I hope Nintendo reveals Dante without a direct, similar to what they did to Robin and Lucina in Smash 4.

Let me tell ya. Every Tuesday is like a purgatory for Capcom fans.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wouldn't it just be win-win if we got a double Capcom reveal of Dante and Phoenix Wright? No complaints there.

Doubt that's likely anyways.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Words would not be enough to describe how crestfallen I'd be if that were to happen.

Were Robin and Lucina revealed together at the same time? They're from the same game too right?
Yes, they where both anounced in the same trailer and they are both from Awakening. The same trailer also anounce the return of captain Falcon as a veteran for some reason too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yes, they where both anounced in the same trailer and they are both from Awakening. The same trailer also anounce the return of captain Falcon as a veteran for some reason too.
That was because July 14 was the Japanese anniversary of F-Zero X, iirc. It’s also why that monolith person retweeted it and ppl thought it was Shulk - that Monolith person worked on the F-Zero series

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Wouldn't it just be win-win if we got a double Capcom reveal of Dante and Phoenix Wright? No complaints there.

If any company is going to get a double dip. Capcom would be the first one to point at, so many of their IPs are known world-wide and they are incredibly easy to work with in crossovers.
I don't think they care about "company representation" as much as actual "series representation", so I'm not discarding any double dip on any company.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If any company is going to get a double dip. Capcom would be the first one to point at, so many of their IPs are known world-wide and they are incredibly easy to work with in crossovers.
I don't think they care about "company representation" as much as actual "series representation", so I'm not discarding any double dip on any company.
Same here Capcom more then earns as many reps as it wants and can. Its pool of IPs are just as much as Nintendo and has many potential franchises that could be added to Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Same here Capcom more then earns as many reps as it wants and can. Its pool of IPs are just as much as Nintendo and has many potential franchises that could be added to Smash.
cries in Rival Schools

weeps in Darkstalkers knowing it will never happen

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

*crosses fingers for no Devil May Cry spirit event*

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
My dream of playing doubles with my buddy when the pass ends.

PxZ2_Fami-shot_05-13-15_005.jpg

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master

I wish for that. But if double dipping in the same pass already looks very unlikely, getting a double reveal with characters from the same company seems impossible to me.
We will see. A spirit event for any of these two would be heartbreaking for me, lol.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
Nier automata is giant in Japan especially but with Nintendo making Astral Chain a spirit board and not giving them a fighter I think the only fighter we'll get from Platinum is Bayonetta. I think the most likely third party rep from anyone this time around is Namco for sure though, considering all they have is Pac-Man. It seems silly that the team pretty much behind smash wouldn't have more than just one rep, even if said rep is one of the biggest videogame characters ever.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Man, I finally got to playing Gravity Rush and this game is stunning. It's almost a shame it's Sony-owned because it would be perfect on the Switch. Kat is such a likable character and the world is so whimsical and beautiful. Very calming game. I know it's super unlikely we'll get a Sony rep, and even less likely that if we did it would be her, but I want to dream. :(

blackghost

Smash Champion
No. It'll be a win when we get another universally beloved Capcom VS Whatever game. Though making the entire V2 pass Capcom would certainly be a sweet treat
you arent getting a unviversally loved Vs from capcom that isnt a remake. fanbase is split into many pieces. unless they have some three houses magic saved somewhere.

On the bright side umvc 3 seems to be picking up in popularity recently. i tihkn its from dbfz fatigue/ frustration. i know thats what drove me to start watching it (and infinite) again

D

Deleted member

No. It'll be a win when we get another universally beloved Capcom VS Whatever game. Though making the entire V2 pass Capcom would certainly be a sweet treat
Capcom vs. Smash Fans

This match is about to explode!

Last edited by a moderator:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Interestingly enough, Platinum Games is having a major announcement on that day.

I would be very curious to see if there will be a Nintendo direct on that same day too...
*Crossing fingers for Amaterasu/Okami 2 game*

Not counting my chickens before they hatch though.

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Let me tell ya. Every Tuesday is like a purgatory for Capcom fans.
Fans have been dreading Tuesday spirit event announcements ever since Resident Evil got a spirit event. And that announcement in particular sent shockwaes throughout the speculation scene. I'm hoping Dante nor Phoenix get axed within the coming weeks or months. Especially for Dante, since I'm hoping that there isn't a DMC spirit event announcement on Tuesday since DMC3 just came out.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

The Robin and Lucina trailer wasn't just randomly dropped on the internet one day, a stream for it was announced days in advance, so if anything similar were to ever happen again we'll know about it. The last time we got a newcomer reveal without any warning was Olimar, as that's just how things were back during the Brawl days.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Not as crazy as a pass without any JRPG characters, imo. They've always been pretty disproportionately represented in Smash DLC. Not that I don't like my JRPGs but man.
Eh, that's really only because FE and Pokemon are JRPGs. That's like, a quarter of Smash's roster right there.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The Robin and Lucina trailer wasn't just randomly dropped on the internet one day, a stream for it was announced days in advance, so if anything similar were to ever happen again we'll know about it. The last time we got a newcomer reveal without any warning was Olimar, as that's just how things were back during the Brawl days.
How about Joker’s full presentation (not teaser) last year?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But Pac-Man has health in the Pac-Man world games.
If only he had literally anything else from the Pac-Man World games. :(

Up air was likely a coincidence. Where is my sith lightning.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Interestingly enough, Platinum Games is having a major announcement on that day.

I would be very curious to see if there will be a Nintendo direct on that same day too...
Have we learned nothing from the DMC3 Switch announcement (that wound up being DMC4/5-like Style Switching) being on the same day as the fifth Fighters Pass character announcement?

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I wonder if this thread will start speculating a Gordon Freeman reveal when we get close to March 23, because this is getting silly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom