• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Newbie Peach Training Guide

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I heard some say that Dotted eye Turnips are good.....

what are they good for ?

and what are extremely happy turnips good for?

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
The different faced turnips each do different amounts of damage. I don't recall exactly how much each face does, but the turnip you want to watch out for is the famous "Grandpa Turnip." The face looks like an old geezer with a moustache. This turnip is like throwing a hammer at someone. It kills.

NDigighost

Smash Apprentice
Excellent!
I found the guide very helpful and I'm looking forward for future peach guides.

Also, i relaize this may be obvious to most of you, but i dont know how to DI properly... i know what is DI, but I don't know how exactly pull it (the forum search doesnt allow short phrases like DI).

Besides that, as I said. Good job!

About the turnips, i think its mainly aesthetic. if I recall correctly they all do 8% except the winking one which does 12% and stitchface which does about 36% (but who cares? after a stitch face your opponent wont live to see his percentage).

Edit: I kept the turnip part for integrity, since that was what i thought. apparently i was wrong: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49239

nvm, my DI question was answered by the FAQ\Glossary in Melee Discussion that i just discovered.

UltimaX

Smash Rookie
That guide was immensely helpful, though I knew everything but how to do ground floating already.

I have two main problems when playing as Peach: good Sheik players and smash happy Marth players. I'm figuring out Sheik on my own by playing against good friends, but my issue is with Marth.

I have two Marth-playing friends. One of them has won tournaments all over the East coast with Marth, and uses him in the way that Ken does. But for whatever reason, I can lay waste to his Marth with my Peach.

But my other friend, an idiot who abuses the forward smash to obscene levels, always winds up barely beating me because of one or two lucky tip hits (a move that is a perfect microcosm for the horrendous physics in this game, by the way). You can't ground float against a Marth, and the "Dodge roll behind him and down smash" strategy is too slow. Marth can go from a forward smash to a down smash too quickly for it. Turnips work well for awhile until he starts swatting them out of the air like bugs.

Marth and Sheik are probably Peach's two biggest problems. How do you deal with them?

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
very nice guide, although it seemed a little strange that you ended it with peach bomber. nonetheless, very nice guide :) keep it up. i want to read more.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Next after, I don't know, rest (maybe not even that one), fully charged shieldbreakers and Flare Blades and those superkillers that require several characters to pull, I think the grandfather turnip is the strongest killermove in the game.

"black mamba"

Smash Journeyman
make another part to this guide. i have a friend that can teach me peach really well, but i'd like to get help from who ever i can.

Bridget_n_Roger

Smash Rookie
A very good faq! Very informative and interesting! I love Peach to the end!!!! I would like to see more on different strategems against her dreaded "problem characters", and even though I'm sure many players shun the use of him but I would like to see detailed uses of Toad and if possible how to reduce the recovery time from a succesful Toad counter,that's all ^_^

Peaches

Smash Lord
vidjogamer said:
You know, ive never read this. Anything good in it?
IT doesn't cater to an advanced Peach at all really. It's a great 1st or 2nd time Peach guide though from what I remember.

ZeroX131

Smash Rookie
I have a question about using C stick in priority to down A... I was playing and trying to use C stick as the guide told me. Then I try to dash into down smash, and it didn't work. I then did it with down A, and it worked. So should I use down A in this situation, or should I just never be in this situation at all? Thanks in advance.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm making a newbie Peach Training Guide video. It'll be out in a few week's time and beta's will be released in a week's time or so probably. Look forward to it. I'll post links to the betas for evaluation.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
And crouching then hitting C-stick seems significantly slower...
The difference is that when you use A your'e gonna inadvertenly charge up the downsmash for some frames, whereas if you crouch and use the c stick you won't risk and will always bring out the smash as soon as possible. If you run and press down A, you still have to press down and a button, and when you run and press down and C-down, you still press down and a button, so the time with pressing the buttons is the same, it's the fact that you wont charge it at all that makes using the c stick for this faster (unless you have perfect reflexes and timing 100% of the time and wont ever charge up your smash a single frame every time you do it which nobody can do)

Snakecharmer

Smash Rookie
I am Snakechermer

black mamba said:
make another part to this guide. i have a friend that can teach me peach really well, but i'd like to get help from who ever i can.

Technically you work for me :D and guess who i use besides Peach and Sheik
If you have seen the movie of course...

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
I quite liked this myself. I've been playing peach for about a month now, but only with the same group of about 7 ish decent players. Well, their decent by our standards. I was already doing most of that, just without the given lingo xP Save the shield grabbing, which had never, in my life, occured to me o__o And for that, I love you xD

Another thing which I'm trying to get myself off of having read this, is using up for Jump - the whole float canceling concept had Never occured to me. Seems I still have alloott to learn o.o

James Sparrow

Smash Master
very good guide, it helped me develop my peach strategy a lot--especially in terms of float cancelling and edge guarding techniques.

deity

Smash Rookie
I have a question about ground floating. Are you supposed to use the C-stick when you're ground floating your aerials? Seems kind of hard to do so. Also, what are you supposed to do when your opponent jumps towards you when you're ground floating?

Another thing, HOW DO YOU GET PAST MARTH? That sword has a long range.

Mantrix85

Smash Rookie
Nicely Done! This was just what I was looking for, although more indepth later on would also be a nice idea. I'm pretty new to the game so I don't feel like I can critique it properly yet. Thanks for your effort! Can't wait to try it out..

J*Lee

Smash Cadet
somebody should do a guide for begginers for every character. and make a staple combo thread for every character. if there was a guide like this for every character than it would be so much easier for people like me too learn someone new. i play tekken and if i want to learn a new character i just look at the guide and staple combo thread for the character which are stickied and i already have an idea of how to play.

deity

Smash Rookie
Cool, but no one answered my question about the C-stick. Are you suppose to use the A-button or C-stick when you're attacking while floating?

Mantrix85

Smash Rookie
Yeah, good question Deity. I was wondering the same thing...

So Superdoodleman, does Z work like A? as in you press forward and Z and it will do fair, while you press back and Z it will do a bair?

Sytar

Smash Ace
****, this guide had my crack up.
How you want us to abuse the C-stick and ****.
Hillarious. Awesome FAQ.

Bridget_n_Roger

Smash Rookie
i have a question, when your in the air how can you properly ff a nair without it accidentally becoming a dair? there's like no things out there to describe how to do this without having to critically time it...if there any other way at all...jes asking ^_^

Degreez

Smash Journeyman
Great guide. I am actually an IC player but I want to have a free for all character as well.

As far as peach, what attacks do you suggest using the most in the air? I am having the most trouble there.

SilverSeraphim

Smash Rookie
Awesome guide! Very helpful. I knew some things in this guide but I learned quite a bit. My only question is why everyone insists on using the buttons to jump. I have no problem short hopping or fast falling or pretty much anything else using the stick. The only time that I can see that it would be necessary for Peach to use X or Y is to wavesdash or ground-float. Am I missing something?

XXII

Smash Cadet
Noob Question

Ok, here's a n00b question for you guys

*drumroll please*

What exactly is this "downsmash?" is it A+down on the directional stick or is it c stick+down? :confused:

Top Bottom