• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Newbie Peach Training Guide

Eci4

Smash Ace
very good guide for new players picking up peach for the first time.. I mostly just learned the float canceled dair to downsmash though... I always kind of wondered why people daired so much... its my least favorite of peach's aerials...

LessThanThree

Smash Journeyman
ok, that's nice for a n00b, any extensive guides for peachs looking to take it to the next level, btw i already went through the Float FAQ and the turnip guide

Cort

Apple Head
Interesting guide, though I dislike the amount of time praising the dsmash. Seems to lead people in the slightly wrong direction, although not really. =P

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Nice guide. It cleared up float cancelling for me. BUT it didnt have any cool Peach combos and stuff just her techniques.

Computer

Smash Cadet
Bookmarked and printed. Thanks much ^^.

You're awesome ^^.

I want to learn Peach as my secondary (If I get good, maybe my first :O) and this is perfect. Thanks again ^^

M@G3

Smash Rookie
isnt there a sort of flaw w/ just throwing a turnip at the other guy?

what if they catch it? doesnt that mess things up a bit?

& how do i wavedash w/out making her float barely off the ground?

edit: nvm, I saw the vid... for my f-canceling question.

well, throwing the turnips correctly and hitting the opponent with them is all about hte mind game, especially if you get a dead head or something. however, since most people dont think to catch the turnip fast enough and instead just shield it, i find it a good idea to run up to them as soon as you toss it (of course do so cautiously) and if they try to attack you or defend, jump up and grab the turnip you threw before (it should have bounced up from the impact with the opponents sheild,) and throw it at him again right in the face. also, you might think about continuing to throw it at him more times as it still does bouce off of him if it hits him. carefull though if your going to do this cause after a while, the turnips dissappear. its a good idea to practice how many times you can throw it before that happens so that you can follow up with a dsmash or fthrow for the kill.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this really helped. I just figured out you could do the floating trick while practicing wavedashing and doing the bomb trick. Looking at the guides and this one is great! The dsmash praising is a *little* much, but it is still a great move. Thanks! I might just have peach become my secondary! (mindgames, for my teensy little town that knows nothing :D). .....We'll see :)

Na!l

Smash Journeyman
being that it is a beginner guide, id throw in a float guide in there. for example, holding the float with the left stick and using the c-stick to link some airs. Some things like that new peach players would like to know.

PeachFx

Smash Rookie
Read my mind. I've always been wondering how to actually float cancel..are you supposed to use A and direction or control stick and c-stick to attack.

M@G3

Smash Rookie
Read my mind. I've always been wondering how to actually float cancel..are you supposed to use A and direction or control stick and c-stick to attack.
float cancel is really well explained in the doodleman's vid. (sorry i forget the actual name of the video, but if you go to the video section of the boards, you should be able to find it pretty easly.)
either way, float cancelling is really simple; if peach was floating and does an attack before landing, the landing animation will be cancelled (as doodle man explains however, there IS still some lag, but it is minimal) the result of this can sometimes be even better than l-canceling, but it is a MUST to still be able to l-cancel with peach as "you're not gonna be able to float cancel every attack"

SuperSmashKiko

Smash Rookie
I have a question.. the down smash .. how could i get more than one hit in? everytime i use it .. it hits probably once and thats it.. any help?

RaMbLeR

Smash Apprentice
I like this thread and I will read it in its entirety tomorrow, even though I am not a scrub.

k9999-izzle

Smash Rookie
I was wondering what is the trick with the turnip to make her dsmash hit for like +50% damage?

Hyvin

Smash Rookie
You pull a turnip and throw it strait up then charge your down smash when the turnip is about to hit release the downsmash. This knockes them toward the turnip and back into the smash, however, it obviously can only be used against broken shields and missed jiggy rests.

Antifreeze

Smash Rookie
Good guide, i've been playing around with Peach and this helps. I would like to know more about her wavedash and it's usefulness.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
This guide is very well written in ways to help the new Peach users to send their opponents flying out of the stage in despair! Congratulations on making the guide...I learned one or two things! I'll be waiting for your advanced Peach guide in order to learn more than one or two things :) Congratulations again mate

gbursine

Smash Cadet
i'm too lazy atm to go through the 8 pages between the first and the 10th. can someone explain what to do during a match, strategy wise.

i.e., between all the wall bombing/edgeguarding, d.smashing, float canceling, wtf should I be doing against certain groups of characters. how do I bring together everything thats been talked about into 1 solid peach. the guide is good at explaining the utility of each move, and particular situational things, but all the inbetween is where I 'm confused, and find myself doing dashing normal(a) as a really pathetic way to apply pressure on characters when I know theres more than that.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
For the first parasol thing you mentioned, I don't know if you meant this, but in alot of the neutral stages like Battlefield for instance, if someone lands above you on a platform, you can really abuse the parasol to fastfall to parasol to fastfall, no more than three times or your guaranteed to get hit -.- my friend does it..

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Cool guide, i liked that u werent focusing on stuff like WD and DD etc, and focused on peach stuff instead!^^

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
For the first parasol thing you mentioned, I don't know if you meant this, but in alot of the neutral stages like Battlefield for instance, if someone lands above you on a platform, you can really abuse the parasol to fastfall to parasol to fastfall, no more than three times or your guaranteed to get hit -.- my friend does it..
Based on what he was saying, parasol is a good idea when it won't put you at the same level as your opponent. Doing this on battlefield won't bring you up to their level, so it fits into his rule.

That aside, thanks a load for this guide, I've never seen the concepts explained this incredibly well. here's hoping I can remember all of this next time I play :chuckle:

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yeah, the way you get combos started from it is cancelling it as soon as possible by holding down. She'll fall to the ground and you can do it again almost immediately. Just make sure you mix it up, it may have sick priority, but people will learn not to let you creep below them after once or twice.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
I need some advice: How the hell do you get out of the Fox infinite shield? Whatever I do I cant get out of it. As soon as Fox shines you he's free to get another hit on you it's the cheapest **** I've ever seen. Help me

teh_nuke

Smash Cadet
for those that are asking about WDing... I would like to add that Peach players do NOT need to worry about Wave Dashing or SHFFLing. Wave Dashing does have it's situational uses with Peach, but dashing is way faster than Peach's pathetic WD and by floating, you can stay in the air for a long time, no need to SHFFL.

Me14k

Smash Lord
for those that are asking about WDing... I would like to add that Peach players do NOT need to worry about Wave Dashing or SHFFLing. Wave Dashing does have it's situational uses with Peach, but dashing is way faster than Peach's pathetic WD and by floating, you can stay in the air for a long time, no need to SHFFL.
watch some mike g vids.

While WD is not NEEDED it cant hurt your peach game, it can only help.

and you shouldnt shffl with peach, you should float cancel..but L canceling is still important cause u cant always float cancel

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
NICE starter guide. I like the way that you went into detail about the different starter techniques Peach. I just picked her up like 3 days ago, and im hooked.

pellican116

Smash Rookie
awesome guide i have learned alot now maby ill even be abl beat bot of my brother. btu wat really pisses me of is that one of them plays as a marth. can any one help how to play against a marth.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Somewhat random question, that does not deserve it's own topic, from a Peach vet here:
What exactly does peach say when she stands on an edge?
Oh well?
Oh wow?
Oh no?
Wtf?

Top Bottom