• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia Game Signups | Newcomer Information [New to dGames? Come Here First]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I'd suggest checking out this page for good games that are run-able. Most of them are good as a newbie game but some have roles that are too complicated or unfit for one.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Your re-hash is a little bit better, it might be a bit bland but it can work, you can try new things for newbies but don't go over-board, I really think you should reconsider Warlock, Serial killer can work in a newbie if you add more people.

Cop/Doc/Commuter doesn't sound too bad, but it's just three PR's that are rendered useless besides Doctor, you're really skating on the idea of PR's that could help the setup, but don't. If you're going to add in defensive roles or roles that are a boon to your PR's, try considering either making your PR's weaker or give town something to work with, the only thing cop gives you is a couple of inno's here and there but it doesn't really change anything, not to mention the fact the moment cop claims, he's targeted and roleblocked for the rest of the game. This really is borderline Epicmafia setup honestly, it's hindering on it really. I think you should think your setup over and look at balance first, this may work but it's not very balanced.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Your re-hash is a little bit better, it might be a bit bland but it can work, you can try new things for newbies but don't go over-board, I really think you should reconsider Warlock, Serial killer can work in a newbie if you add more people.

Cop/Doc/Commuter doesn't sound too bad, but it's just three PR's that are rendered useless besides Doctor, you're really skating on the idea of PR's that could help the setup, but don't. If you're going to add in defensive roles or roles that are a boon to your PR's, try considering either making your PR's weaker or give town something to work with, the only thing cop gives you is a couple of inno's here and there but it doesn't really change anything, not to mention the fact the moment cop claims, he's targeted and roleblocked for the rest of the game. This really is borderline Epicmafia setup honestly, it's hindering on it really. I think you should think your setup over and look at balance first, this may work but it's not very balanced.
Alright thanks Soup and Gova :)
I`m currently looking at some of the set-ups on the site Gova linked and one of them could work nicely with my flavour
plus I would consider making the game larger for the re hash version and make the PR`s more limited , i just worry not enough people would signup

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Right, finalized setup. Will be semi-closed, i.e. closed with a list of possible roles. Someone who's not interested in playing want to double check it or you just going to trust me it's balanced?

John2k4

The End of an Era
I'm still ready to run Cave Story mafia. Have everything already written up, too. :b:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Depends if Sold2 was serious about IC'ing if so, we have one IC.

Oh we talked about it and we are going to be co-hosting on Axel. :o

#HBC | ѕoup

1. LoliLovesRain
2. BadWolf28738
3. PrivateJoker-Brown
4. ToasterBrains
5. Tyranitarphantom
6. BSP
7. tonberry
8. mightbebenjamin
10. Sold2
11. Soup(???)

I dunno.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh wow the games almost filled.....o_O

Well alright then, good thing we will be waiting till after the next newbie is finished.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Haha so I guess that seals the deal on it.

Oh

/in to host Newbie.

This next one is going to be open

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
The game is full, sign ups for the next game will begin as soon as it is made known to me.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787

#HBC | ѕoup

Sign-ups for Яagnarock's Megaman Zero Mafia (Newbie 21) Have Started!

Even if you are familiar with the game, the flavor will not help you in any way, if you want to join just because of it, however, I encourage and think you're awesome. :gova:

The following game is an open set-up.

[collapse="Setup"]
5 Vanilla Townies
1 Bodyguard
1 Watcher
1 Mafia Goon
1 Mafia Redirector[/collapse]

I need 2 IC slots and 9 players.

8. (IC)
9. (IC)

Gova

I'm goin' for it!