• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia Game Signups | Newcomer Information [New to dGames? Come Here First]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Since Kuz is banned, Ramin Kings MLP game is going to be running. If you were /in on the previous game you're going to have to re-/in.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
.../in?

don't do this to me...

eh just a maybe.

entirely willing to IC for this.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I used to not wanna hear about ponies cuz so many people liked it and then....I watched my little ponies season 1&2 in one sitting....no sleep....it was just so good o.o now I can't stop making plushies of them.. like I want to make every single one of them eventually just for me. Tho I have a huge list of Anime characters to make for myself as well T_T

:phone:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't mind MLP so much, I think the idea of grown men loving MLP is absolutely hilarious. I've seen a bunch of the show (not all) while over my buddy's. He has all the episodes and sometimes he plays them on his laptop while we're playing Brawl. It's really not as great as people build it up to be, but it's not a bad show. The animation and voice acting really manage to bring these exceedingly one-dimensional characters to life in a brilliantly lovable way, but so much of it is plagued by stale and predictable writing. It's a kid's show, afterall, so this is perfectly forgivable (Though they do seem to step it up once in awhile on special occasions, like the season 2 finale). If it wasn't for the fact that I know so many Bronies, I'd think it was super creepy though. Should make for some entertaining flavor though. LOL ponies.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
XD at first I never wanted to watch it cuz I thought it was rlly creepy that lots of guys liked it xD I used to watch like the normal my little ponies a long time ago when I was like....7 so I didn't wanna watch it now but then I diiiid and I loved it cuz some of the characters acted like I do and I got soooooooooo happy~ I cry a little on the inside when I see pony....stuff that males......do....with...them ;-;

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Hey guys! For the people who don't want to play a pony flavor my next newbie is Megaman Zero!

Just saying!

Also idk if Zen is still gonna run this, he replaced out of everything.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I believe it was Zen's intention to leave.

If that is indeed the case then by default I assume your's would run.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'll probably still host the game as Axel if that's the case.

Though I'd love to co-host with Zen. : D

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

You'd have to speak to Zen, he seemed upset and replacing out of everything may just be him attempting to catch a breath.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
kuz gets banned

zen ****s outta hear

j plans on a hiatus

gova doesnt seem to play much from what it looks like

hosting newbie games is obviously a curse

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

it`ll start when it fills and right now it isn`t so close to filling iirc.

I would join in but with the pace of other games going on i doubt i`d have time to put in a solid outing it it .
Plus i am against ponies

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I'll probably still host the game as Axel if that's the case.

Though I'd love to co-host with Zen. : D

I can provide flavor if you provide balancing. I would enjoy Moding a game. I also already sent Zen a PM about this yesterday... He hasn't responded just yet.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
/in to host newbie

ahh yeahhh

It'll be a 9-slot game, the theme is Villains of MGS3

still finalising setup, but should be nice and simple :)

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Kary it`ll balance out nicely if you proxy all PR`s to me XD

I had a set up on the other site , but it probably wouldn`t be newbie friendly considering it involved an indy, a yakuza roleblocker or something like that, and alot of other stuff i can`t remember off the top of my head.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Key word: preferably. You can make it closed but you really should not be using complicated roles.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Rake: hahaha no

@Gova: message received and understood

I am not intending to run this right now anyways. I understand John's still in the queue even if Zen's game doesn't go through.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Here was the roles I had minus the flavour and or character specific flavour stuff, as I said, not newbie friendly (I would think), even if i made it open:
Flavour for kicks : Malazan Mafia of the Fallen

Mafia :

vote blocker
yakuza recruiter
godfather

Third Party:

serial killer
warlock

townie:

miller
cop
combat medic
commuter
tracker
and 2 vanilla townies

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J and I are open to co-modding the game that Zen abandoned...
Whoa whoa whoa.

Not yet. I thought you were talking about your own game and not Zen's. Zen is still hesitant to whatever is going on right now so I wouldn't say anything yet and even if so, I believe it would be Me+Zen hosting on our hydra account Axel.

#HBC | ѕoup

Here was the roles I had minus the flavour and or character specific flavour stuff, as I said, not newbie friendly (I would think), even if i made it open:
Flavour for kicks : Malazan Mafia of the Fallen

Mafia :

vote blocker
yakuza recruiter
godfather

Third Party:

serial killer
warlock

townie:

miller
cop
combat medic
commuter
tracker
and 2 vanilla townies
This looks horrendously unbalanced already, mashing a bunch of PRs into your setup doesn't make it better, think about balance and then think how you can tweak it to give some interesting qualities.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Definitely no yakuzas for a newbie. Combat medic, commuter, voteblocker, and warlock are suspect.

ninja'd

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Whoa whoa whoa.

Not yet. I thought you were talking about your own game and not Zen's. Zen is still hesitant to whatever is going on right now so I wouldn't say anything yet and even if so, I believe it would be Me+Zen hosting on our hydra account Axel.
Oh whoops, I misunderstood then XD. Although I would enjoy doing this anyway.

/in to mod newbie game

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

This looks horrendously unbalanced already, mashing a bunch of PRs into your setup doesn't make it better, think about balance and then think how you can tweak it to give some interesting qualities.
It was supposed to be unbalanced.

That was kinda the point.

But yeah, i could make it balanced and host it, the current queue would give me time to get flavour made.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
:glare:

If you want to run an "swingy" game you'd better be doing that in the regular queue.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I`ll make newbie friendly , then run a swingy , more known flavour in the regular after.

if i can run the newbie right.

Current Re-Hash:

Mafia:
Godfather
RoleBlocker
Goon

Third Party:
Limited Warlock possibly full warlock depending.

Town:
Cop
Commuter
Doc(maybe combat med but doc would be better)
8 vanilla townies

#HBC | ѕoup

Okay your setup idea has gotten me to the point where I need to ramble about it to tell you why it's wrong in deep explanation just so you understand.

1) You have two vanilla townies in the game

This does not fly, and especially not in a newbie game, Vanilla Townies are the most important role of mafia and giving a newbie a PR that he could barely understand or use correctly is a bad idea already, we're not trying to breed players who can use PRs, we're trying to breed players who understand mafia. While PR's might be apart of it, it should in no way be the focus of your game.

2) Mafia is OP

A godfather that negates the whole purpose of one cop? A yakuza recruiter?!?! what the actual ****!??! a vote blocker? eh not that bad but RAKE.

LOOK AT WHAT YOU JUST MADE. This is far too overpowered and way too swingy, what the hell is even a yakuza recruiter? Alignment changing roles suck **** and only work if they're mediated enough, here you're basically giving people reason to hate your game as there is a yakuza that completely screws the whole game over. this is not fun even, this is ****ing borderline *******. THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU PUT IN A SETUP BEFORE YOU DO IT, what were you honestly thinking here? If you ever wanted to make something like this work, you'd have to find something to weaken or counter-act it, I'm not going to tell you what exactly, because the idea already is pretty bad. I don't even think this would be normal queue acceptable.

3) Town is unbalanced and some roles are absolutely useless

A miller? Is he informed? or is he just supposed to be a miller to confuse the cop? Why? Why would you do that? That only makes the game more ******* and more confusing, you're really stretching it by that point. Combat medic? Why? What does he do special besides add more confusion to the game? Commuter? Why? What's wrong with a vanilla townie? Tracker? What is this for?

Ask yourself: What do these roles add to the game in terms of balance everytime you think about adding something, find an idea that you want for a setup but don't throw in some PR's that sound fun or are just going to confuse people.

4) Indies for no reason

Okay, Warlock? Seriously? Why is he needed here? He only confuses the game more. Serial killer? in a 11 man setup? You're in lylo by 2 phases, that's not even creative that's just plain ********.

/end rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom