• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
when did they say that? i thought for glory contributes to it and for fun has no effect, or something like that.

in that case:
catch me in for glory mode as DHD lowering all y'all's global smash confidence.
In the April 2014 Smash Bros Nintendo Direct. Sakurai says that whilst matchmaking will be (at least partially) done by skill level, there would be no multiplayer ranking system. Instead Global Smash Power exists as a score you can raise by playing single player modes.

You're probably thinking of how the game counts your number of wins in For Fun and counts both wins and losses in For Glory. These are separate to GSP.

Last edited:

joomragre

Smash Cadet
Sakurai is gonna bust a Tarantino and just cancel the game and burn any copies that might be in existence because of this leak. But I hadn't heard the Dixie, mach rider , and chorus kids rumor. If wario had one more rep in the next smash it would have to be Kat & Ana to go up against the returning ice climbers. The roster fake or not, is actually growing on me and I like it more every minute because I know I'm just gonna go and modify dark pit, ganondorf and lucina, falco and dr Marios movesets for the sake of being a little different. I'm excited to bust out my 3ds and give pokemon x a break

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
How does a first party game that appeared in 1986 not deserve 3 slots?
get over yourself.
So why doesn't F-Zero, Punch-Out!, and Earthbound get 3 reps?

Get over yourself before you make more dumb insults.

Last edited:

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
I missed out on the videos and was wondering if there's any other way to view them... If not, that's fine I guess..

Edit: Nevermind, I found them using little to no effort.

Last edited:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
So why does

So why doesn't F-Zero, Punch-Out!, and Earthbound get 3 reps?

Get over yourself before you make more dumb insults.
Lmao OK Clown.
I'm not the one saying a series should be getting X amount of reps
YOU are.

Edit: (You want insults you got em.)

Last edited:

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Lmao OK Clown.
I'm not the one saying a series should be getting X amount of reps
YOU are.

Edit:(You want insults you got em.)
My first point was to STOP making dumb insults.
My second point was that there are plenty of other characters that deserve a spot more than Dark Pit and I was simply making the point that other old franchises have barely any representation, but this franchise with a mere 2 games gets a butt load of items and 3 characters. Do you really not see how that isn't fair?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
There is an unbelievable sense of ungratefulness going around the different boards of this community despite them not having played the game; whether the roster is not how they wanted it, or the stages, the adventure mode... They say they are disappointed? I am disappointed to observe such a prejudgmental mindset towards the work of Sakurai, the same person without whom the Smash community would have never started. Show some respect.
This is an epic character roster with a good balance of heavily requested characters, (Mac, Palutena, Shulk, Mega Man) and surprises (WFT, Duck Hunt Dog). Of the newcomers, most of them seem very unique (Palutena, Mega Man, Robin, Bowser JR, Little Mac, and Pacman are very distinct from pretty much all old Smash characters), and the overall roster has 12 distinct new characters (not counting Pittoo, Lucina, and Doc).
Quoted for truth forever. 17 pages of comments at the time of writing, and a good 80% of them are either denouncing Sakurai's efforts, denouncing fellow fans for their opinions, gloating over whether someone was right or wrong, or straight up bad mouthing each other without even addressing the OP. It's sad that it takes this long to meet a few people who feel the way I do about all this.

Honestly, I have to ask myself why I've read through every page. For more detail? Or to see the state of the community? Every single PotD for months on end has been "Based Sakurai won't reveal a new character" - now those people have everything, and they still find reason to complain. To those out there who are seriously fuming and furious over getting what you wanted... you really need to reevaluate your life, because at this rate nothing will ever make you happy.

Last edited:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
I'm aware of what the post said. I didn't insult you at all(until the 2nd reply) I said get over yourself. meaning just because you don't like something doesn't mean it doesn't deserve 3 slots.
Kid icarus is older than everything you mentioned and has 3 games with a recent title I don't see the problem with 3 reps.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Dam have 18 days left and can't even let the man surprise us, especially with nintendo taking these videos down instantly, were gonna have one mad pic of the day tommorow
Mashpotato samurai do not freak out

CadePirate

Smash Apprentice
I believe this because why else would nintendo block the footage-_- And will they call him Dark Pit or Pittoo? I HOPE PITTOO SO BAD

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Okay, before I explode on this tangent, I would just like to say I'm going to buy the new Smash no matter what, Masahiro Sakurai still makes great games, and Smash is still one of my favorite gaming series. I know a lot of hard work was put into this game it is honestly more then enough I get a Smash Bros. game that doesn't have stupid broken OP characters like Brawl Meta Knight or dumb mechanics like tripping. I glad the thought about balance more in this and I know it's hard to balance such a large roster but still....

[rant]

GAWD! WHY THE F****!!! Are you kidding me? Gawd I pray this is still fake. I so do. Like how big of a freaking troll can you be? Seriously, Sakurai sacrifices baby lambs to the gods of trolling when he wakes up in the morning and prays 5 times of day to the Tolololololo spirit and then eats a bowl Trolly Charms because they're magically trollicious. That is the only explanation he would put in FREAKING DOCTOR MARIO IN AND NOT MEWTWO! Who the hell wanted Dr. Mario to return? Well, congradu-F-U-lations, you're the 2% of the fan base! The other 98% BEGGED on our BLEEDING KNEES for Mewtwo!

So Mario's series gets Mario, Luigi, Rosilina, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr., and FREAKING DOCTOR MARIO! 7 reps. 8 if you include Wario. 9 if you include Yoshi. But Pokemon can't get Mewtwo. Okay, Sakurai... Kid Icarus gets 2 new reps and ONE of them is a freaking dark copy of Pitt. But Legend of Zelda can't get one new rep and Ganondorf is once again a freaking Captain Falcon clone for some inexplicable reason. Konami LITERALLY showed you up on how to not only do a character but also properly service LoZ fans. Okay, Sakurai....

I don't get how you can do clones RIGHT with Luigi, Falco in Brawl, Lucas and Wolf. All have B moves similair to the characters they are cloned from but still manage to have unique smashes, tilts and various other normal attacks. Yet you still screw it up with Lucina, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf and Dark Pitt. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe they de-cloned Dr. Mario (LOL yeah right..), Maybe Dark Pitt isn't the "I'm so cool and bad boy swag" version of Pitt. But considering how you said Lucina = Marth with no tipper and you brought back Falcondorf I am not holding my breath for Dr. Mario not being a fat version of Mario, no Dark Pit = Pit. I could of lived happily knowing Lucina was a Marth costume, Mario had a Dr. alt, and Pit had a Dark pit alt. But all these freaking clones are just Character Select Screen padding, not real substance especially considering some of the clone DONE RIGHT where axed. I.e. Lucas and Wolf.

FREAKING KID ICARUS HAS TWO FREAKING GAMES! 2! TWO GAMES IN IT'S ENTIRE SERIES AND THIS TWO GAME SERIES HAS MORE REPS THE DONKEY KONG!? WE CAN'T GET KING K. ROOL OR DIXIE BUT WE CAN GET 3 KID ICARUS CHARACTERS AND ONE A FREAKING CLONE!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Wow, I thought the Kirby bias was really, but at least Kirby deserve there rep number and maybe more considering how huge the series is but man you make one Kid Icarus game, Sakurai, and love it so much you give a series you didn't create, a series started by a game that almost never was, and give it 3 reps and base 70% of the new smash off of it. I'm surprised we didn't see more Kirby Air Ride in Brawl. Should just call this new game "Super Smash Brothers: Uprising for the 3DS." But LoZ can't get a new rep/un cloned Ganon. Oh, woops. I forgot. Kid Icarus had a Game Boy game. 3 games = 3 reps. Yep, that must be it. Too bad Metriod didn't get that memo. Neither did F-Zero. People haven't been begging for Ridely forever. No one want's Black Shadow, or Samurai Goroh, or Blood Falcon, either, apparently. But they sure as hell want Doc Mario. Yep. Okay....

[end rant]

Well, that being said. I hope the leak is false because yeah, above stated reasons. Though I would say if the leak is true I'm really excited to play as Bowser Jr. and it's cool he is in the Clown Car....even though *grumble* so many freaking Mario reps *grumble* but w/e. If it had to be any Mario rep then I rather it be Jr. because he's been a main boss in Yoshi games and constant antagonist in multiple Mario Games like Sunshine and Paper Mario. And as much as I hate Lucina being a clone, glad she is in along with the MUCH more awesome Robin. Shulk is a great addition, too and Duck Hunt Dog is that quirky "WTF, LOL" so he's cool. Regardless what I say I will still buy this day one. I mean, only videos I saw confirmed Ganon, Bowser Jr. and Shulk so I guess the rest of the leak could be fake and they're real?

Just man... we can get so many clones and Mario reps and half the game based off of Kid Icarus: Uprising but we can't get ONE Golden Sun rep. Man I hope this is fake. Sakurai can't be that big of a troll...

PS: My Opinion... That's just how I feel.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Seems real but still hoping this is not everybody because that would be a bit of a dissapointment, like come on dr mario and dark pit do not deserve a spot over someone like mewtwo ridley or k rool. I do enjoy bowser jr, shulk is ok but duck hunt honestly seems pretty cool. Anyways dark samus has a bigger impact than dark pit or dr mario.
Also ganondorf looks like he had nothing changed

NNID
Majorasmask66
We haven't even seen most of Ganondorf's special moves...why does everyone think he is a clone with the information presented?

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Seems real but still hoping this is not everybody because that would be a bit of a dissapointment, like come on dr mario and dark pit do not deserve a spot over someone like mewtwo ridley or k rool. I do enjoy bowser jr, shulk is ok but duck hunt honestly seems pretty cool. Anyways dark samus has a bigger impact than dark pit or dr mario.
Also ganondorf looks like he had nothing changed
How bias can you be?
Dark samus deserves a slot more than dark pit? lol wow.

NNID
Majorasmask66
How bias can you be?
Dark samus deserves a slot more than dark pit? lol wow.
Too be fair metroid is much bigger than kid icarus so it makes sense for dark samus to be in. Dark pit does not hold priority over characters from kid icarus while dark samus holds a high priority amongst most characters from metroid. Dark pit should not get in over the likes of Hades, Medusa, or Magnus.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Too be fair metroid is much bigger than kid icarus so it makes sense for dark samus to be in. Dark pit does not hold priority over characters from kid icarus while dark samus holds a high priority amongst most characters from metroid. Dark pit should not get in over the likes of Hades, Medusa, or Magnus.
All characters you wanted right? You're even more bias than the other guy lmao. Magnus had very small parts in the game why would he get priority over a rival who has key roles throughout most of the game?

"OMG Sakurai why another clone? at least make it a clone from a game I like whaaaaaaa" bias.

NNID
Majorasmask66
All characters you wanted right? You're even more bias than the other guy lmao. Magnus had very small parts in the game why would he get priority over a rival who has key roles throughout most of the game?

"OMG Sakurai why another clone? at least make it a clone from a game I like whaaaaaaa" bias.
So now i have a huge bias? oh please. give me a break. magnus was advertised more, more requested, and was also re accruing. both magnus and dark pit had two missions dedicated to them. And what clone did i say i want? Damn ignorance. Plus what about medusa or hades? Did i say i wanted dark samus? I simply stated logic and reasoning.

ThePhoenixDown

Smash Cadet
I'm hella salty rn lol :cry: I'm in love with bowser jr though and he was one of my most wanted. I just cant fathom how Ice Climbers and Mewtwo don't make it but Dr. Mario does. Its just weird
bro think about the limitations of the 3ds, maybe ice climbers will make the game lag too much, im sure they will be in the wii u version. but i am also really salty about the doctor mario thing, thats bull

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
The amount you have are words not mine.
Dark pit was not only in 2 missions. not even close to that frankly.
Magnus came up during an early mission then 1 when he was playable from pit controlling his body, filler. Those are the only roles he had.
Dark came up in his creation
Rescue of pit
Co-op battle against chaos kin
and then had rival battles in missions through out the game on top of that. There is no way Magnus was advertised more and you know it. Its not even close to them having the same relevance. So yeah you're being bias at this point.

For the record I never said that quote was direct towards you specifically.
It was pretty much what the majority of smash boards (The people who are salty over the character choices) have been saying.
They're all saying clones aren't ok unless its from something they like and that is extremely ignorant.

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
The amount you have are words not mine.
Dark pit was not only in 2 missions. not even close to that frankly.
Magnus came up during an early mission then 1 when he was playable from pit controlling his body, filler. Those are the only roles he had.
Dark came up in his creation
Rescue of pit
Co-op battle against chaos kin
and then had rival battles in missions through out the game on top of that. There is no way Magnus was advertised more and you know it. Its not even close to them having the same relevance. So yeah you're being bias at this point.
Umm you can go around asking people. Dark pit was not more requested as a playable character. i meant dark pit was only playable in one chapter and brings nothing new to the table. ill say you are right about over all relevance but he doesnt place higher than other characters in his own franchise like hades or medusa. Also say you can only add one more character in the game. Ridley is in the game in this scenario. You have to either add a new metroid rep, or a kid icarus rep. Which is the bigger series? Then ask who you would add from kid icarus as the third rep? Then how much does dark pit bring to the roster? Then how much does Dark samus bring to the roster? Please answer these questions. Surely if you use logic and not bias, these should be very easy answers. I hope you will respond to the questions i have given you.

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Lmfao, congratulations leak believers. We're getting effin' Dr. Mario instead of Ice Climbers/Wolf/Lucas/Mewtwo. You must be proud. It's like predicting that your favorite football team is going to lose the Super Bowl and then being proud when it turns out you were right :rolleyes:

I'm going to play the heck out of Bowser Jr. though.
Speak for yourself. I care WAY more about Shulk than all those characters combined. For me the leak being true is like my team is now the reigning 5 times in a row superbowl champs with five straight 19-0 undefeated seasons without giving up a single field goal or touchdown all season long. I'm sorry those characters aren't in it for the sake of others, but your analogy logic fails because you assume I'm not excited about Shulk just because you aren't.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Okay, before I explode on this tangent, I would just like to say I'm going to buy the new Smash no matter what, Masahiro Sakurai still makes great games, and Smash is still one of my favorite gaming series. I know a lot of hard work was put into this game it is honestly more then enough I get a Smash Bros. game that doesn't have stupid broken OP characters like Brawl Meta Knight or dumb mechanics like tripping. I glad the thought about balance more in this and I know it's hard to balance such a large roster but still....

[rant]

GAWD! WHY THE F****!!! Are you kidding me? Gawd I pray this is still fake. I so do. Like how big of a freaking troll can you be? Seriously, Sakurai sacrifices baby lambs to the gods of trolling when he wakes up in the morning and prays 5 times of day to the Tolololololo spirit and then eats a bowl Trolly Charms because they're magically trollicious. That is the only explanation he would put in FREAKING DOCTOR MARIO IN AND NOT MEWTWO! Who the hell wanted Dr. Mario to return? Well, congradu-F-U-lations, you're the 2% of the fan base! The other 98% BEGGED on our BLEEDING KNEES for Mewtwo!

So Mario's series gets Mario, Luigi, Rosilina, Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr., and FREAKING DOCTOR MARIO! 7 reps. 8 if you include Wario. 9 if you include Yoshi. But Pokemon can't get Mewtwo. Okay, Sakurai... Kid Icarus gets 2 new reps and ONE of them is a freaking dark copy of Pitt. But Legend of Zelda can't get one new rep and Ganondorf is once again a freaking Captain Falcon clone for some inexplicable reason. Konami LITERALLY showed you up on how to not only do a character but also properly service LoZ fans. Okay, Sakurai....

I don't get how you can do clones RIGHT with Luigi, Falco in Brawl, Lucas and Wolf. All have B moves similair to the characters they are cloned from but still manage to have unique smashes, tilts and various other normal attacks. Yet you still screw it up with Lucina, Dr. Mario, Ganondorf and Dark Pitt. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Maybe they de-cloned Dr. Mario (LOL yeah right..), Maybe Dark Pitt isn't the "I'm so cool and bad boy swag" version of Pitt. But considering how you said Lucina = Marth with no tipper and you brought back Falcondorf I am not holding my breath for Dr. Mario not being a fat version of Mario, no Dark Pit = Pit. I could of lived happily knowing Lucina was a Marth costume, Mario had a Dr. alt, and Pit had a Dark pit alt. But all these freaking clones are just Character Select Screen padding, not real substance especially considering some of the clone DONE RIGHT where axed. I.e. Lucas and Wolf.

FREAKING KID ICARUS HAS TWO FREAKING GAMES! 2! TWO GAMES IN IT'S ENTIRE SERIES AND THIS TWO GAME SERIES HAS MORE REPS THE DONKEY KONG!? WE CAN'T GET KING K. ROOL OR DIXIE BUT WE CAN GET 3 KID ICARUS CHARACTERS AND ONE A FREAKING CLONE!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Wow, I thought the Kirby bias was really, but at least Kirby deserve there rep number and maybe more considering how huge the series is but man you make one Kid Icarus game, Sakurai, and love it so much you give a series you didn't create, a series started by a game that almost never was, and give it 3 reps and base 70% of the new smash off of it. I'm surprised we didn't see more Kirby Air Ride in Brawl. Should just call this new game "Super Smash Brothers: Uprising for the 3DS." But LoZ can't get a new rep/un cloned Ganon. Oh, woops. I forgot. Kid Icarus had a Game Boy game. 3 games = 3 reps. Yep, that must be it. Too bad Metriod didn't get that memo. Neither did F-Zero. People haven't been begging for Ridely forever. No one want's Black Shadow, or Samurai Goroh, or Blood Falcon, either, apparently. But they sure as hell want Doc Mario. Yep. Okay....

[end rant]

Well, that being said. I hope the leak is false because yeah, above stated reasons. Though I would say if the leak is true I'm really excited to play as Bowser Jr. and it's cool he is in the Clown Car....even though *grumble* so many freaking Mario reps *grumble* but w/e. If it had to be any Mario rep then I rather it be Jr. because he's been a main boss in Yoshi games and constant antagonist in multiple Mario Games like Sunshine and Paper Mario. And as much as I hate Lucina being a clone, glad she is in along with the MUCH more awesome Robin. Shulk is a great addition, too and Duck Hunt Dog is that quirky "WTF, LOL" so he's cool. Regardless what I say I will still buy this day one. I mean, only videos I saw confirmed Ganon, Bowser Jr. and Shulk so I guess the rest of the leak could be fake and they're real?

Just man... we can get so many clones and Mario reps and half the game based off of Kid Icarus: Uprising but we can't get ONE Golden Sun rep. Man I hope this is fake. Sakurai can't be that big of a troll...

PS: My Opinion... That's just how I feel.
You seem to hate one of the best games ever (Uprising).

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I actually had a dream last night about there being some kind of leak today. Weird, huh?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'm assuming that there are 5 more characters left to unlock from the roster select screen.

There's still a long shot for your favorite characters.

Mind some former semi-clones may now be alt costumes.

My best guess at the five remaining ....

Mewtwo
Ridley
Ice Climbers
???
???

Wolf - Fox Alt
Lucas - Ness Alt

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
You seem to hate one of the best games ever (Uprising).
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off like that. I actually like that game. I don't own, only borrowed it from a friend. I've been meaning to buy it but I have a lot of back log games on my 3DS right now so I will wait...

... that and when October 3rd comes around I can just play the sequel.:troll:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Umm you can go around asking people. Dark pit was not more requested as a playable character. i meant dark pit was only playable in one chapter and brings nothing new to the table. ill say you are right about over all relevance but he doesnt place higher than other characters in his own franchise like hades or medusa. Also say you can only add one more character in the game. Ridley is in the game in this scenario. You have to either add a new metroid rep, or a kid icarus rep. Which is the bigger series? Then ask who you would add from kid icarus as the third rep? Then how much does dark pit bring to the roster? Then how much does Dark samus bring to the roster? Please answer these questions. Surely if you use logic and not bias, these should be very easy answers. I hope you will respond to the questions i have given you.
Why are you acting like requests mean jack? They don't mean anything at all.

Dark pit has the potential to bring more to the roster than you people even think. There are tons of weapons they could have chosen for the character to use. its not immediately 100% clone. You guys have not even seen the character and you're talking about what he has brought to the table, its crazy!
Frankly I thought Pit and Palutena was enough for the series and them adding dark pit was a cool bonus. I don't even think I'd be able to pick one from any series without choosing something based on my own feelings and it wouldn't be dark samus. Seriously its not the only samus clone in the series there is also SA-X. There are cooler enemies than one that looks similar to power suit.
Dark samus really isn't that different and would bring less than dark pit can in all honesty, OTHER than increasing the rep count for the game BUT with Ridley in the game they have 3 reps so I'm not seeing why KI (Which is older than Metroid) can't have the same number of reps when 1 of them is a clone.

Before you try to say I'm being bias ill admit I am. I think its pretty impossible to pick characters without doing so since people like different things and have a different view on cool. I still don't think people should be saying 'X' character has merit of being in the game than one of their choice.

Last edited:

Nintendo_Addict

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5124-4980
Seems like a couple people are upset about the possibility of clones in the form of Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario. I'm sure that others have already said so.. but just because a character you wanted isn't in the game, don't be upset that these clones are. I imagine creating a completely unique character compared to a clone takes far more time and effort, so I just consider these clones as a nice little bonus to the already flourishing roster. :)

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Seems like a couple people are upset about the possibility of clones in the form of Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario. I'm sure that others have already said so.. but just because a character you wanted isn't in the game, don't be upset that these clones are. I imagine creating a completely unique character compared to a clone takes far more time and effort, so I just consider these clones as a nice little bonus to the already flourishing roster. :)
This is pretty much what I've been implying lol.

Top Bottom