• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
Kinda doubting Mewtwo's glorious return at this point. Loving the climbers being gone, though. I like this leak.

Duane420

Smash Rookie
Lol contrary to my pic, I actually wasn't hoping for this character to get added. I'm mainly disappointed in how many "silly" characters and clones are in the game. I know I'm still going to buy the game and I know I'm gonna have fun with it, but I'm still disappointed.
How are any of those charactors silly? Theres no comfirmation on duck hunt, but Bowser Jr has been in many games, and based on this leak he looks like a very interesting charactor with a unique playstyle.

cutza

Smash Rookie
The fact that the leaked version was the ENGLISH version, despite the fact that the Japanese one is being released earlier, gives a lot to think about.
Whoever was that leaked this information must think he is doing us a favor? Is it worth it? He has no respect for all the extraordinary work that Sakurai has put into the creation of this game, and that attitude is the same attitude that I sense from people in the Smash community.

There is an unbelievable sense of ungratefulness going around the different boards of this community despite them not having played the game; whether the roster is not how they wanted it, or the stages, the adventure mode... They say they are disappointed? I am disappointed to observe such a prejudgmental mindset towards the work of Sakurai, the same person without whom the Smash community would have never started. Show some respect.

Think about this: If you had had the chance to leak all this information, in the same circumstances as this leak happened, would you have done it?
If you would have done so, then the problem is not the game; it is you.

YAYCONFORMITY

Smash Apprentice
I am incredibly disappointed...................................... at all the people saying they're disappointed.

This is an epic character roster with a good balance of heavily requested characters, (Mac, Palutena, Shulk, Mega Man) and surprises (WFT, Duck Hunt Dog). Of the newcomers, most of them seem very unique (Palutena, Mega Man, Robin, Bowser JR, Little Mac, and Pacman are very distinct from pretty much all old Smash characters), and the overall roster has 12 distinct new characters (not counting Pittoo, Lucina, and Doc).

While I hope that they have a few more characters to reveal, that's a damn fine roster as it is. Yet, people are complaining that there are a couple of clone, or a character they like is missing (my secondary is missing, but I'm not being a baby) or they don't like one or two of the characters in it (I don't like Baby Bowser, but there are 47 others to use).

There is still a very slim chance that the leak isn't 100% true (the video only 100% confirms Bow JR and Shulk), but if it is I'm more than happy with the roster and will be counting the days till the game comes out.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
So you got the sounds. I'm proud of you.
Lol salty or nawh.
I actually got the screen too. It also saves the videos to the Camera Roll. It is called "Best Video Downloader" or something like that.
This sounds good I guess, It would have better for Sakurai to officially confirm it but it's alright. Did the videos ever come with sound to begin with?

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
How are any of those charactors silly? Theres no comfirmation on duck hunt, but Bowser Jr has been in many games, and based on this leak he looks like a very interesting charactor with a unique playstyle.
When I said silly, I was not only talking about the leaked characters, I was also including characters that have been known such as Wii Fit Trainer. I also view the clones as silly especially since Sakurai said he didn't want clones in this game. I don't mind Bowser Jr. btw, however, from the footage I wouldn't necessarily say he's unique. He looks like he has pretty basic projectile and his Up-B seems to be very similar to Diddy's along with his jab string. Keep in mind that we didn't get to see that much so I can and probably will be wrong. Obviously this is only my opinion and like I said in my last post None of this is going to stop me from buying and enjoying the game. The characters are all going to grow on me just like brawl newcomers did.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I have a source that has just informed me that Nintendo have identified the leaker. He has been fired and is being sued. He does not work at ESRB itself. He was an employee of NoA, who was sending materials to the ESRB. This is a completely internal leak.

The leaker, despite having been fired, still has a copy of the Smash Bros 3DS game in his possession; as well as one of the 3DS systems used for internal ratings. Nintendo has yet to seize these from him. It's a copy of the final build of the game. If there is more to be unlocked in the game, such as new characters, it is possible we'll see more from him (if he still cares to share it); given that he still has it.
Well, at least the guy responsible has been caught and will be dealt with as he deserves for violating company policy.

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
Now that I think about it, Bowser Jr. looks interesting. Same for Shulk. I don't really care about Dr. Mario, but he could be a little tweaked. Even with Dr. Mario, I am not bothered by this roster.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I've said this before, but I think a great disservice has been done to Sakurai, his team, and the Smash community as a whole.

Therefore, the leakers responsible for their insidious actions deserve absolutely no respect from anyone, as what they did was underhanded and disrespectful to everything Sakurai has done for us so far.

But however you look at it, the leaks cannot be avoided now so we just have to accept them, despite how bittersweet they may be.

Here's still hoping for more surprises in Smash 4 without any more illegal leaks.
I honestly want Ridley to be leaked, I can't take it anymore.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I just realized.
Is it even possible to add the characters at the bottom of the TV screen with a Brawl mod? You know, their portraits plus their damage percentage that would be on the 3DS's bottom screen.

The leak is definitely real now, and if it's fake, I am amazed at how good the leakers are at programming and faking things.

I still think the Ice Climbers will be in.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Pffffffft.... everyone's gonna buy the game anyways and have fun with it...

no matter who makes it in or not... nintendo doesn't loose.

Hype lost or hype won, one thing IS clear... we do not know if these characters:

D Pit and Doc...

Are actually clones. I know Uprising was sakurai's game, so he, atleast, should have a varied move-set. I've seen uprising, so I know there are still more moves to make up.

Doc can be a melee rep. Like, melee like moveset and no FLUDD.

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Well, guys we should start believing these videos more, considering Nintendo asked for them to be removed. There's even a tweet about how an employee at Nintendo was fired and sued for letting this info out.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Does anyone have the links to the original videos (that were taken down, I want the official links)? Like all 7 videos, not the playlist, the videos. I want to see the evidence and removed signs with my own eyes.

MBakhsh

Smash Apprentice
LISTEN. Marth, Lucina, and Roy (stop saying Ike he doesn't even have the same moveset) are all not the same person. Dr. Mario is Mario with a doctor's coat. That is my problem. I'm fine with clones that are different people like Falco and Fox. Dr. Mario to me is if you put an apron and chef hat on Donkey Kong and said "WARNING! NEWCOMER! Here comes Chef Donkey Kong!" Sure Dr. Mario has different properties or whatever but such a small change does not deserve his own roster slot, he should have been a costume like in Project M. I'm just saying if you're ganna have the same person on the roster twice they better be as different in playability as Zelda and Shiek.
Now I want Chef Kong for Smash 6.
In all seriousness, though, the hate for Doc and Dark Pit is ridiculous. As should be obvious from their placement, they're BONUS CHARACTERS. As in, they're just alts who had to have their own slots because of minor differences. Putting them on the same level as newcomers is ridiculous because they took no more than a tenth of the work needed for a proper newcomer. You don't have to even consider them to be actual characters; I certainly don't. I can get the reasoning on how Doc and Mario are the same person but the three bonus characters just can't be held to the same standards as regular characters because then you get nonsensical statements like "they put Doc in over Paper Mario, really?" Having a unique newcomer takes a lot of effort while a clone can have a few minor differences but still have a unique playstyle. Clones help the roster a lot; I seriously don't get why people don't like them.
By the way, I think overall the actual set of newcomers is absolutely abysmal, but oh well...

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Pffffffft.... everyone's gonna buy the game anyways and have fun with it...

no matter who makes it in or not... nintendo doesn't loose.

Hype lost or hype won, one thing IS clear... we do not know if these characters:

D Pit and Doc...

Are actually clones. I know Uprising was sakurai's game, so he, atleast, should have a varied move-set. I've seen uprising, so I know there are still more moves to make up.

Doc can be a melee rep. Like, melee like moveset and no FLUDD.
I don't care if Dark Pit is a clone or not, Kid Icarus does not deserve 3 characters no matter how you look at it.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I don't care if Dark Pit is a clone or not, Kid Icarus does not deserve 3 characters no matter how you look at it.
This is Sakurai we're talking about. The man is entitled to do what he wants, especially considering this whole leak fiasco.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
How does a first party game that appeared in 1986 not deserve 3 slots?
get over yourself.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Not that the CSS leak nor the video leak needs further evidence for it, this Wario model is the same used on the CSS. I am still being wary of it but the evidence is pretty one-sided towards it being real.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Now I want Chef Kong for Smash 6.
In all seriousness, though, the hate for Doc and Dark Pit is ridiculous. As should be obvious from their placement, they're BONUS CHARACTERS. As in, they're just alts who had to have their own slots because of minor differences. Putting them on the same level as newcomers is ridiculous because they took no more than a tenth of the work needed for a proper newcomer. You don't have to even consider them to be actual characters; I certainly don't. I can get the reasoning on how Doc and Mario are the same person but the three bonus characters just can't be held to the same standards as regular characters because then you get nonsensical statements like "they put Doc in over Paper Mario, really?" Having a unique newcomer takes a lot of effort while a clone can have a few minor differences but still have a unique playstyle. Clones help the roster a lot; I seriously don't get why people don't like them.
By the way, I think overall the actual set of newcomers is absolutely abysmal, but oh well...
I'm fine with Dark Pit and Lucina since they're different people with different goals and personalities, it's really just Dr. Mario for me. I mean, I'm pretty sure I don't need to re-explain myself, I think you get it, but the idea of a bonus...I dunno, Smash Bros is such a beautiful celebration I don't want slots given out willy-nilly. I'm not saying "Aw, Dr. Mario got in over ___" cause I know he didn't take much effort to make. But it's like you take Link and make his bombs have a slightly bigger hitbox and then give that edited Link a roster slot. Sure it's a bonus but I don't want it. I dunno, I'm not ganna riot now that Dr. Mario's in, I'm still ganna get the game and play it very happily, I just think Dr. Mario should be nothing more than an alt costume, since cononically...that's literally what he is. Mario in another costume doing the same stuff. I dunno, that's just how I feel, I dunno if I can explain myself clearer...

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Source?
I found a Nintendo News page and a GoNintendo page, but nothing about a tweet, and it's being stated as a rumor.
In this article they relay a tweet from someone making the claim. Apologies. I should've mentioned it's still a rumor, but the fact the videos are gone suggests it is real.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
In this article they relay a tweet from someone making the claim. Apologies. I should've mentioned it's still a rumor, but the fact the videos are gone suggests it is real.
Yeah, I found the tweet from an above post.
The videos do suggest this is real, plus the All-Star mode picture and some other things because of their design.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Personally, I'd prefer to see this debunked. But I see some people saying "It's in English but doesn't come out until after the Japanese version." Doesn't work like that.

First, the ESRB is for USA (and surrounding areas?) only. They need the English version.
And Second, it takes about a month to print up enough copies of something like SSB, maybe more. The English version of SSB3D is, no doubt, complete.

Top Bottom