• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Let's hope people start to feel better after having fun using their hated characters as sandbags if this is real.

I've never played Duck Hunt, even though I have the game with Super Mario Bros. (I don't have one of those guns, and if I actually do, I've never seen it :ohwell:), so I'm not really sure if I would feel annoyed by the dog or not, but I think it would be fun taking revenge on characters that annoyed you in their games :awesome:

I wonder how Sakurai is dealing with the leaks, though. Will he change things just so the leaks will be fake?

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I don't understand how this roster is bad, let me remind you people the newcomers we are getting if this leak is true...

MEGAMAN
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
ROSALINA&LUMA
LITTLE MAC
Greninja
PALUTENA
PACMAN
Miis
ROBIN
LUCINA
BOWER JR
SHULK
Duck Hunt
Dark Pit
DIXIE KONG
IMPA
RIDLEY
March Rider
Chorus kids.

The ones I've capped are pretty much everyone and their mother's wish list of newcomers but yet it's disappointing because we got Dr.Mario and Dark Pit, still giving the roster over 50 characters... I don't get the denial...
I don't know about you, but I'm waaaaaaay more hyped for Villager than Dixie Kong and Impa.

Don't decide what characters people do and do not want for them. If you cannot understand the disappointment that's fine, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Luisc7033

Smash Rookie
Sakurai Said himself that a character is a separate slot if they have different highting and physical proportions! They put Dark pit as his own slot!!!!!! that gets me upset! He literally is a pit reskin! and people shun daisy getting her own slot (if she is a clone, which at this point i don't mind) and being an alt, if one: she is shorter than peach and faster, and two: shes curvier and doesent have most of her abilities
:hulk::substitute:

Last edited:

allshort17

Smash Ace
Why's everyone so mad the Ice Climbers aren't in? I love the idea of them, but very early on Sakarai said they would be the hard to program in. That's probably why Charizard, Shiek, and ZSS were split. Both IC's are separate characters, so running 4 of them on a 3DS was most likely very difficult.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Sakurai Said himself that a character is a separate slot if they have different highting and physical proportions! They put Dark pit as his own slot!!!!!! that gets me upset! He literally is a pit reskin! and people shun daisy getting her own slot (if she is a clone, which at this point i don't mine) and being an alt, if one: she is shorter than peach and faster, and two: shes curvier and doesent have most of her abilities
Hades is my most wanted and to see him get beaten by dark pit is down right insulting ):

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm really hoping that the only real things are the videos. If they aren't, imo this roster really would be the most disappointing one in the series.
Why because you don't have a tales of character? lol
This is without a doubt the best roster. Yeah we have a clone here and there but we have some triple A characters that make for an amazing cross over.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Sakurai Said himself that a character is a separate slot if they have different highting and physical proportions! They put Dark pit as his own slot!!!!!! that gets me upset! He literally is a pit reskin! and people shun daisy getting her own slot (if she is a clone, which at this point i don't mind) and being an alt, if one: she is shorter than peach and faster, and two: shes curvier and doesent have most of her abilities
Well clearly he isn't a reskin then.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
We've seen some of the full character list... Still, I'm not holding my breath for Ridley...

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I don't know about you, but I'm waaaaaaay more hyped for Villager than Dixie Kong and Impa.

Don't decide what characters people do and do not want for them. If you cannot understand the disappointment that's fine, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I've never been in the position to decide who people are hyped for. The MAJORITY of the characters I capped are characters people wanted in way before the reveals. Greninja is popular now, but I didn't cap him because he wasn't on anyone's prediction roster before the reveals. Heck, I'm excited for Duck Hunk more than anyone, I'm basing my words on things I've seen in the past. Not what I'm deciding... I've even seen someone say this game had the worst roster out of all of the Smash series.

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Well clearly he isn't a reskin then.
Dark Pit really is just another reskin of Pit. Like how Lucina is literally a clone of Marth and how Doctor Mario can very well be a reskin of Mario which by the way I'm disappointed in because it's gonna be like Melee all over again since the majority see Doctor Mario superior over the true Mario.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Link and Toon Link only really share a name and clothes/gear. They know completely different people and lived mostly different lives. Lucina isn't Marth, only looks like him. And yes, I acknowledged the fact that you said kinda for both but you still said "Link is Toon Link" and "Lucina is Marth".
*sigh*

Yes, I know Link and Toon Link are actually different people. One is a descendant of the other.

Yes, I know Lucina/Marth aren't exactly the same people. Lucina/Marth was actually a joke I meant to edit out based on the fact that:
Lucina is canonically a clone of Marth.
but the site borked, and I didn't realize it was still there.

Yes, I'm discussing canon over a joke. Honestly, I just wanted to draw some heat away from the "Dr. Mario is Mario" thing because that whole argument seems silly to me.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
For those worried DP is a clone...

Take a glance at what he's holding. It's hard to tell, but it resembles a Dark Pit Staff from KIU. It ain't a Bow, that's for sure. Staves can't break in two, so...

That's not a Silver Bow, atleast. I can't think of a Bow that it resembles, and I know all 108 weapons in KIU better then a genwuner knows the original 151.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
FUDGE!!! THE VIDEOS ARE GONE AND I'M LATE TO THE PARTY!!!! Oh s** oh s*** oh s***... Who's on this "leak"?!

And how can I watch these videos?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Why's everyone so mad the Ice Climbers aren't in? I love the idea of them, but very early on Sakarai said they would be the hard to program in. That's probably why Charizard, Shiek, and ZSS were split. Both IC's are separate characters, so running 4 of them on a 3DS was most likely very difficult.
The transformation characters were split so players wouldn't have to worry about a change of moveset during battle, or something like that, so that they could focus on the one character they are using. I'm sure Sakurai explained this in either the April direct or a POTD.

Ice Climbers, however, are the exact same in moveset no matter which one you're using, and you can only choose one or the other by switching their color palette. They probably had trouble because of how Nana's AI worked on the 3DS. Hopefully this is fixed already. I'm pretty sure it's not because of the amount of characters on screen, I mean, look at Olimar.

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
FUDGE!!! THE VIDEOS ARE GONE AND I'M LATE TO THE PARTY!!!! Oh s** oh s*** oh s***... Who's on this "leak"?!

And how can I watch these videos?
Some people have re uploaded them in various ways. check through this articles pages in order to find it because im too lazy to link it right now.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
This roster is so stupid. DR ******** MARIO?! THE PMBR DIDN'T BROUGHT BACK DR. MARIO AS HIS OWN CHARACTER SO WHY WOULD THE SMASH TEAM?! For something he was cut in Brawl, not only he is a clone, but unlike Lucina, who is a character totally different than Mars, HE IS MARIO WITH A COAT! HE IS THE SAME CHARACTER! DARK PIT?! Same deal with Dr. Mario. BOWSER JR.?!
I will openly admit that those skin hacks of small Ridley look glorious at side of this ******** ridiculousness of what Bowser Jr. is. Also, do we really need MORE BLOODY Mario characters?! No Ice Climbers?! I'm sure Sakurai loves those two, EVEN IF THEIR CHAINGRABS ARE CHEAP THERE IS NO REASON TO CUT THEM. Ganondorf still with Falcon's moves? Sheik got ******* grenades she didn't need, why Ganondorf doesn't have new moves?! And the menus look super cheap. I don't care how much of this stupid videos are leaked, I still believe this leak is fake, and there are still 18 days left for September 13. PLEASE Sakurai, pull off the Lucina/Robin tactic to kill this leak!!!!

Azizibesmashing

Smash Apprentice
Just got home! And its down?

SO GLAD I SAW IT THIS MORNING :)
lmfao

bowser jr in action so fresh
shulk winning the match so sick.

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
This roster is so stupid. DR ******** MARIO?! THE PMBR DIDN'T BROUGHT BACK DR. MARIO AS HIS OWN CHARACTER SO WHY WOULD THE SMASH TEAM?! For something he was cut in Brawl, not only he is a clone, but unlike Lucina, who is a character totally different than Mars, HE IS MARIO WITH A COAT! HE IS THE SAME CHARACTER! DARK PIT?! Same deal with Dr. Mario. BOWSER JR.?!
I will openly admit that those skin hacks of small Ridley look glorious at side of this ******** ridiculousness of what Bowser Jr. is. Also, do we really need MORE BLOODY Mario characters?! No Ice Climbers?! I'm sure Sakurai loves those two, EVEN IF THEIR CHAINGRABS ARE CHEAP THERE IS NO REASON TO CUT THEM. Ganondorf still with Falcon's moves? Sheik got ******* grenades she didn't need, why Ganondorf doesn't have new moves?! And the menus look super cheap. I don't care how much of this stupid videos are leaked, I still believe this leak is fake, and there are still 18 days left for September 13. PLEASE Sakurai, pull off the Lucina/Robin tactic to kill this leak!!!!
Dr.Mario was actually different from Mario in Melee. Small things, but different.

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
Someone is salty.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
I gotta say, I had my doubts when the roster leaked, but now I can safely say I believe this roster is real. This evidence is far too convincing to think that it's fake (at least in my opinion). Bowser Jr. looks like a cool character, I'm definitely maining Shulk and I'm neutral on Doc Mario. Overall, I think it's a solid roster.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
*Just got to watch the video in another channel* ... This is... wow... I mean, Shulk was no surprise, but Bowser Jr.?

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
All of those just say "Invalid source" to me. Is there any other way I can see them?
Odd, they still work for me. I don't know of any other sources. I have them all recorded on a cell phone so if I can find a site (not Youtube) to upload it to I could try to link them.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Odd, they still work for me. I don't know of any other sources. I have them all recorded on a cell phone so if I can find a site (not Youtube) to upload it to I could try to link them.
Nevermind. I didn't realise I had to use Chrome. Thanks for sharing those videos! :D

HypeMan2000

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5455-9628-5739
If Nintendo's mascot is a plumber then why are there so many leaks.......get it?

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
Why because you don't have a tales of character? lol
This is without a doubt the best roster. Yeah we have a clone here and there but we have some triple A characters that make for an amazing cross over.
Lol contrary to my pic, I actually wasn't hoping for this character to get added. I'm mainly disappointed in how many "silly" characters and clones are in the game. I know I'm still going to buy the game and I know I'm gonna have fun with it, but I'm still disappointed.

Top Bottom