• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

modshroom128

Smash Cadet
NNID
katamari
A couple things:
1. The 3DS screens have little to no space between them.
2. Physics look quite similar to Brawl/PM, which makes think its a Brawl/PM mod.
3. Charizard's wings look a little off.
4. Shulk's move set looks extremely similar to Marth's, which makes me again think its a Brawl/PM mod.
5. The name of each of the videos "Leak". Almost like he intentionally planned to make a fake leak.
6. The YouTube user's name "Izat True" is quite suspicious.
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Doggyfishman

Smash Rookie
th
Almost exactly 10 seconds into leak 1, you can see a figure in the bottom right hand corner.

This looks to be a person jumping in front of a projection screen.

In other words, I'm not entirely convinced that we're even looking at a physical 3DS screen.

I agree that we probably aren't looking at a 3DS screen but whenever someone gets knocked out (only looked for this in a few videos so sorry if i'm wrong) that seems to happen on their characters place at the bottom of the screen so that is probably just something that has been added when someone dies (If this does turn out to be real)

Last edited:

Joshua Twilley

Smash Rookie
Well then this obviously means that some of that DLC is fake since one of the videos on youtube said that he had a source that said part of this was real. The fake side must either be all the DLC or some of the DLC i hope not all cause if its all RIP Mewtwo fans and Ridley fans im sorry for your loss and mine at getting no return wolf.
that's true! I forgot about that. maybe the leaker thought he would just make people mad for fun by added the part about the dlc

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
Why are we still leaking stuff?!? The last time someone leaked something really important we lost a possible story mode! I would prefer not to loose shulk and bowser junior as well because some idiot decided to feed information to impatient nerds!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I'm hyped that the leak is real but I hope it wasn't the final roster. Wolf didn't need to be cut, and Ganondorf didn't have to be C.falcon's shadow for the 3rd time. You should've took notes from Hyrule Warriors Sakurai.

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
Why are we still leaking stuff?!? The last time someone leaked something really important we lost a possible story mode! I would prefer not to loose shulk and bowser junior as well because some idiot decided to feed information to impatient nerds!
Umm...what?

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I'm in the middle, honestly.
Yes, Video Evidence is harder to fake and thus harder to disprove.
However, there is a possibility that someone could mod Brawl to act like Smash 3DS, so its really rather Iffy for me.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
After seeing the large amount of new leaked images, I am convinced that this entire leak is true.

I am a little disappointed though. While I know that my favourite Character Wario is definitely back (with my name, who would've guessed?), along with another favourite Mr. Game & Watch (and the new images reducing my disappointment somewhat), I must say that the Ice Climbers supposedly being cut takes SOMETHING away from the roster for me, as well as what I'd see as questionable decisions like Dr. Mario over Mewtwo (No, I haven't played Melee, but I'd rather play him over the Doc).

...with that said however, I feel like there still MIGHT be a chance that we haven't seen every character, the obvious evidence being there is still space for 5 more characters.
So assuming the Mii Fighters don't get a slot on the char select screen, my perfect additions/unlocks, in order of importance for:
  1. *** Ice Climbers
  2. *** Wolf
  3. ** Chorus Kids
  4. ** Mewtwo
  5. * Lucas
For now, all I can do is wait for more reveals and hope the leaker missed something.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
anyone who played brawl knows golden sun exists, but apparently you didn't.
Golden Sun revoles around PSYNERGY, which, like Ness's abilities, would make for a damn good moveset. But you wouldn't know this because your ignorance is baffling.

You're still a lump in the mass of people who share your mindset.
We have ness for psychic moves. Thanks for calling me part of the mindset of cognitive individuals, obviously your points show you don't fit.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Though unrelated to the topic at large, Ganandorf doesn't go into freefall after his Up Special. In fact, he just goes into another one. What could this mean for his recovery and offense?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
We have ness for psychic moves. Thanks for calling me part of the mindset of cognitive individuals, obviously your points show you don't fit.
Such cognitive thinking. With logic like that, the game's swordsman quota would've stopped at link.

infomon

Smash Scientist
You're still a lump in the mass of people who share your mindset.
I don't agree with your attitude or anything you've said but this quote is so hilarious that I had to re-quote it.

I wish you had written about me so I could sig this. And I don't do sigs. :D

Edit: and yeah I wanted Golden Sun rep too :/

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
The only thing I like about the leak are the returning veterans, and I can put up with Bowser Jr. and Shulk. Duck Hunt Dog doesn't look interesting, but if Duck Hunt players want catharsis, they can have their catharsis (though give him a better name, because that name is a mouthful).

But Dr. Mario and Dark Pit? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Umm...what?
I believe that fellow is attempting to reference the leak that occurred with Mass Effect 3's story, where someone revealed details that were plot critical elements of Mass Effect 3. Instead of continuing on, the Bioware team changed the entire game, switching the main focus from dark energy to Man vs. machine, changing pretty much everything about the games up to that point and of course the infamous ending.

I believe the fear of this person is that this link will simply prompt Sakurai and his team to remove any characters they were going to add to the game to avoid matching a leak, which while unlikely is a possibility.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Still putting this leak as a fake or unknown until the game is released because i'm going to be really let down if this is the last of our roster

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Whoa :crazy: This is interesting. I can still see ways one could fake this, but there's just a whole lot here. Either way I'm fine, I just hope Mewtwo is in :p
Oh and if this is all legit I'm playing the heck out of Bowser Jr.

Love the screen KO

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
In the link, it shows Krystal's trophy, and the description is very similar to brawl - there is no mention of her role in smash like there is for wario.
i know what it said im just saying anything can happen you have to take everything with a pinch of salt

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Can someone explain where the Ridley and Dixie confirmations are coming from? I noticed quite a few people bringing them up here, the Chorus Men and Mewtwo I understand but I'd like to know where people are getting Ridley and Dixie from so that I can join them on their hype train.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Yo everyone may be mad, but at the end of the day mah boy Sakurai still makin it rain. Stay free fellow Smashers, Stay free.

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
I'm just hoping Sakurai confirms a character through the official sm4sh site that will either prove/debunk this leak. I'm tired of it.

Gigawattz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1478-3568-2454
Well back at my computer, time to check if there's anything new on smashbo- OH WHAT JESUS WHAT IS HAPPENING!?

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Such cognitive thinking. With logic like that, the game's swordsman quota would've stopped at link.
I'll go back to the popularity thing. Fire emblem just got a new installment that went over greatly, and although it is a bit of over representation, at least they do something. We havent seen all of Shulk's moves, maybe he plays entirely different than the other swordsman. Isaac looks like a swordsman who would also have some kind of magic, but that's just another Robin. Also, he's not a popular character. Heck, more people know about duck hunt than golden sun. I understand you want the character, but it wouldn't work. He'd just be another clone to tack on. Ganondorf is a popular character, and Dr Mario at least has some kind of fanbase and he could have an interesting move set. Sakurai looks at two things, popularity and moveset, and Isaac doesn't neccesarily fit either.

Top Bottom