• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

Hero of Nowhere

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure what to think of this; I don't believe it yet and I'm honestly going to be rather disappointed if it is real due to the terrible roster. If it is fake it'll be awfully cruel to people wanting these characters to get in.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Because after victory you go back to the rooster usually. Not to the Home run contest area. And every could create a wish character. ^^
I can't believe no one has said this yet so I guess I will. What if in that leak vid they are just two different videos that run into each other?Ever use a videotape recorder? When you hit stop record and the record button again upon playback it will go right into the next thing you're filing. When whoever edited the yoshi home run contest video that's what happened. Two seperate videos in one segment. It's not rocket science.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
IMO, the results screen doesn't seem to convince me since, similar to the E3 Demo, the gold is supposed to be at the top left of the top screen along with the stage name. Plus why is there immediately a small clip of Yoshi at the Home Run Contest?
To me the whole leak seems to be recorded on another device playing the supposed 3DS footage.
Supposedly, the leak came from someone within the ESRB. I won't pretend I know how they operate, but Yoshi at home run + every video looks to have been filmed from a camera device at the same angle + seeing someone standing up in "leak1" as if we're actually watching a projector = we're not watching game footage in real time. These videos came from a clip show someone put together for a group presentation. Obviously, someone played the game in order to get the clips, but we're seeing a recording of a recording of someone playing.

Yoshi appearing for a split second wasn't a glitch from some troll's homebrew Sm4sh mod; it was shoddy editing from some guy with his smart phone sitting in a conference room watching a colleague's presentation.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
A couple things:
1. The 3DS screens have little to no space between them.
2. Physics look quite similar to Brawl/PM, which makes think its a Brawl/PM mod.
3. Charizard's wings look a little off.
4. Shulk's move set looks extremely similar to Marth's, which makes me again think its a Brawl/PM mod.
5. The name of each of the videos "Leak". Almost like he intentionally planned to make a fake leak.
6. The YouTube user's name "Izat True" is quite suspicious.
don't wast your time tying to debunk it im trying and i just feel like im wasting my time no listens. and if it does get debunked everyone will just be POed

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well... damn, now I wanna see all this stuff officially revealed. Though I can't help but feel for Sakurai.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
don't wast your time tying to debunk it im trying and i just feel like im wasting my time no listens. and if it does get debunked everyone will just be POed
And when everything is confirmed you guys will keep saying its fake with lucky guesses.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
man this denial is so real. 'This doesnt convince me because....no actual reasoning behind the emotion, just because.'

So dumb.
There was no emotion to what I said according to the flaws I pointed out on the Shulk victory results screen.

Why do you think this is mainly emotion?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
If the whole leak's true and Ridley's playable, then this roster would be a Dr. Mario away from being perfect, aside from Rule 63'd Diddy Kong over King K. Rool.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
People have done fancier **** than this with brawl mods before

Just look at all the stuff the PMBR has done lately
I know that, but already hacking Smash 4...? Don't think so. I'm not saying it is confirmed real, but I have no evidence to prove it fake anymore, haha ^_^

RaSHaBaa

Smash Rookie
well i find this leak really stupid first dr mario why the heck put dr mario when there already alt skins for fighters , second duck hun -__- is really dum and dark pit really this isnt play staion all stars with the cole situation , bowser jr look stupid im okay with him in the game but not in that clown bullcrap . shulk is okay i never play the game so he just there , but for the marth clon thats the most stuppidest **** ever like why even do that and i see ganon is the same for the past 3 effin games thats saddens me . lucas and ice climbers is gone so that even more bull **** i gotta deal with plus no snake ether like wow . if this the final roster to this beautiful game witch i enjoy playing in nintendo world in nyc they ****ing **** up with no adventure more or sse that just suck ima just play project m patt edition

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I can't ****ing believe it. I mean, I'm fine with the two newcomers shown, but that means Dark Pit is in as a clone, Dr. Mario is back as a clone, no sign of Mewtwo, and no clarity as if the leaks showed the final roster.

Sakurai, you're going to have to do some very convincing explaining. Because you put some serious wonk into SSB4's roster!
Actually, he doesn't "have some explaining to do."
It's Sakurai's game and he + his team decide which characters are in. Just because he doesn't add the 4 million characters that everyone wants, doesn't mean he has to explain himself to them. Characters take development time, as has already been explained earlier. Think of the clone characters (If Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are even clones, we don't know yet) as nice additions that didn't take much development time. Not as much as a brand new character would.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Wait, why are the screens so close together? Even the 2DS doesn't have screens that close together... it looks like it's filmed with a cpture card, but it's clearly a camera....

LLOsu

Smash Rookie
i like how this is a leak of the american version, and not the japanese version which is released in less than 3 weeks says a lot about the world these days...

gamerjohn1991

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamerjohn1991
3DS FC
5370-1230-7105
I still say it's fake! There no WAY that Sakurai could exclude Wolf, Lucas, or Ice Climbers! And besides, the Japanese version hasn't been released yet! This is why these videos are fake!!!

Trust me, I'm taking an extremely heavy grain of salt with these leaks...

Last edited:

Kesno

Smash Cadet
If you want to watch them watchem fast cause these will not be around long or they could just let the videos stay as to not confirm anything idk.

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
I still say it's fake! There no WAY that Sakurai could exclude Ganondorf, Lucas, or Ice Climbers! And besides, the Japanese version hasn't been released yet! This is why these videos are fake!!!

Umm it shows ganondorf in the videos.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
and now.... an updated wishlist/prediction LIST :

( but i really want my ridley/ k.rool duo :(

WwwWario

Smash Ace
I still say it's fake! There no WAY that Sakurai could exclude Ganondorf, Lucas, or Ice Climbers! And besides, the Japanese version hasn't been released yet! This is why these videos are fake!!!

Ganondorf is there...

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I'm with those users who feel bad for Sakurai about all this.

He and his devs work hard to build up hype and stretch it out as much as possible, which is a good thing.
Then you have people like whoever leaked this. Out to ruin what Sakurai builds up to. Revealing everything at once without consent.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion

Ganondorf wasn't excluded. I think you meant to say Wolf.

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
Well, since this is pretty much debunk-able, i want to see the other newcomers in action. Please get that up soon roster leaker.

SmashTwitcherii

Smash Rookie
NNID
OcarinaHero
It still CAN BE FAKE, but the chance of that is lowered.

I have mixed feelings. I'm only really happy to have Bowser Jr. and Dark Pit. Dr. Mario is his own character again. X_X Seems like an odd choice. I can understand Ice Climbers being pulled, but a character being put in, then out in one game, then back in the next.

Top Bottom