• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Survival Mechanic In Smash 4 - "Vectoring"

LydianAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
That's SDI, normal DI is when you're about to hit the blast zone and you mash the stick in the opposite direction to survive
Incorrect... read more here: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Directional_influence#Mechanics

DI = alter your launch trajectory based on what angle your analog stick is at on the last frame of hitlag.
SDI = altering your x/y position using the analog stick DURING hitlag.

What you have described would occur during hitSTUN or after. neither of which are DI.

ソチャラ「Sóchara 」

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AllahuAkbar
3DS FC
0061-0828-3959
...Am I the only one who has been "vectoring" (terrible name please spread it no further lol) since the first smash not knowing that it wasn't a real thing until now? lol. I always assumed that pulling in the opposite direction you are flying had at least minimal influence on negating some knock back lol.
Same. I used to do that instinctually on melee when I was seven. When it worked in this game, I figured it was an old mechanic. Happy it will help me now.

Top Bottom