• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Star Fox and Kid Icarus Songs for Smash 4

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

Star Fox finally gets some love!

Nintendo's official website for the upcoming Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS was updated last night with two brand new songs! One is from Star Fox 64 with an arrangement of Area 6, and the second is Wrath of the Reset Bomb from Kid Icarus Uprising. The songs so far have been excellent - one can only imagine what will be next. Take a listen below!

Star Fox 64 - Area 6

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Reset Bomb Forest

What other songs do you all want to hear in the new Smash Bros? What else from Kid Icarus and Star Fox? Let us know in the comments!

Thethirdkoopa loves music and loves composing & listening to game music in his spare time. Follow him and chat with him at @Thirdkoopa on Twitter.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If those aren't sexy rearrangements I don't know what is.

Nice work, music team.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I can already see starfox fanboys being dissapointed that it wasn't star wolf's theme

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I'd hardly call the reset bomb theme new, seeing it's a direct port from uprising, tbh

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
DKCR Rocket Barrel Arrangement on the website soon or bust.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I'd hardly call the reset bomb theme new, seeing it's a direct port from uprising, tbh
Yeah, I couldn't find anything new about the arrangement either. Although I must say, it really didn't need any updates to be a great track.

D

Deleted member

Good update. The Area 6 rearrangement sounds great.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm torn- I want to have Dark Pit's theme be the second song for the Reset Bomb Forest, but I expect (and still love) the main Kid Icarus Underworld theme. I love both songs, and I hope that whichever one doesn't make it into that field is selectable during Smash Run.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Still salty that Katina isn't a Star Fox 3DS stage. That would had been awesome with the giant saucer trying to destroy the stage and dogfights in the background.

But I like these songs!

Last edited:

Soul.

Those songs are good, I think the Area 6 one could be better than the Brawl version, but that's just an opinion.

SupremeSuperiorStick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sohaii
*Insert generic comment about Smashboards being late here*

Lol but in all seriousness I was pretty disappointed with the news. Reset Bomb Forest is pretty much exactly the same and while the Starfox Area 6 theme was good, I'm pretty sure we heard a lot of it in the April Direct. It also sounds a lot like Brawl's. Maybe I'm just acting spoilt, but I'm really impatient for an extended version of the Gaur Plains Remix from the Shulk reveal. They're still great tracks tho.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Yeah, I couldn't find anything new about the arrangement either. Although I must say, it really didn't need any updates to be a great track.
Uprising's soundtrack is fantastic, I agree. Though I personally prefer reset bomb forest over wrath of the reset bomb.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Meh... I mean, the music's quality is great in all but there are better tracks from Starfox 64 like Cornaria or like someone else mentioned before, Wolf's Theme. But they did those in the past so...

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
All of the musical pieces are beautiful, although it's a shame that they don't all necessarily apply to stages. It would appear that many of them are returning stages, and although that is nice in itself I would've have still liked to have seen stages from Star Fox 64 3D, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, etc. My biggest hope for potential DLC would be original stages, even more so than characters.

I understand that for a game the size of Smash Bros. something had to give. I'd rather have the gameplay, trophies, items, and music not be compromised, which they weren't. And in a way it's nice to see older stages return, but I still feel there's a lack of much needed originality with their stage selection. Here's hopes for stage DLC.

D

Deleted member

Gee, it's a little cOLD in here.

This article's material is freezing cOLD. I need a jacket, badly.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Sakurai I sware to god if you fail to add Star Fox Boss B in here there are gonna be some haters goin' around thinking almost every soundtrack sounds more friendly then energy-giving.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
For those who don't know Area 6 is the best Star Fox level of all time!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I hope we actually get Corneria's theme from Star Fox 64 for the 3DS stage.

Last edited:

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
The music is amazing and everything, but i need to directly know if ridley is a character or not! I don't mind if he's a character or just a stage boss, i just really need to know which! I want to hear it directly and from sakurai (all hail sakurai) himself, fully explaining what he does without beating around the bush.

-all hail Sakurai, for if we don't, Reggie will make you feel like a purple pikmin-

Last edited:

joomragre

Smash Cadet
Hey with all the Nintendo character costumes they're giving bayonetta in the sequel, why can't they reveal she's in smash or at least in costume form for maybe zero suit? It's only fair. Bayonetta has a daisy,peach,zelda,samus,link, and starfox costume I believe so far....sakurai needs to think about it. Plus from the latest trailer bayo had clothes on for her hair attack

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The music is amazing and everything, but i need to directly know if ridley is a character or not! I don't mind if he's a character or just a stage boss, i just really need to know which! I want to hear it directly and from sakurai (all hail sakurai) himself, fully explaining what he does without beating around the bush.

-all hail Sakurai, for if we don't, Reggie will make you feel like a purple pikmin-
You'll find out next week.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I like them both! I haven't played Kid Icarus uprising so this is new for me anyways. The Area 6 soundtrack is very nice!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa The Kid Icarus song is a new arrangement. It sounds similar to the original, but there are a few differences.

The similarities are helped by the fact the original was composed by Yuzo Koshiro and the new arrangement is also done by him.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Tomodachi sounds funny to smash on... It's a calming soundtrack which doesn't fit but actually adds up to the fun.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
why wouldn't Falco be in this new smash? Of course he'll be confirmed

the8thark

Smash Lord
The Area 6 arrangement is just so terrible. SF64 didn't have that good music to start with, SNES SF's music was exponentially better. In saying that the Area 6 music from the original game was not a great piece to begin with.

So I guess they did the best with the lemon of a track they tried to arrange.

Last edited:
Top Bottom