• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW SSB4 Character Choice Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
K.K.Rool of course, I don't care about Dixie, and Chunky(or whoever)well....he fails....
btw, next vote should be Dark Samus, Ridley and a MP:Hunter.
Metroid deserves a new representative soo much more than any other(except maybe F-zero).

Also, what site does Nintendo do it's polls for characters or whatever on?

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
K.K.Rool of course, I don't care about Dixie, and Chunky(or whoever)well....he fails....
btw, next vote should be Dark Samus, Ridley and a MP:Hunter.
Metroid deserves a new representative soo much more than any other(except maybe F-zero).

Also, what site does Nintendo do it's polls for characters or whatever on?
I think F-Zero does more, if only because Zero Suit was at least added to this game which technically makes two unique characters in brawl from metroid, at least moveset wise.

Hence I want to see Black Shadow (screw Samurai Goroh; just because he's an assist in Brawl doesn't mean he deserves a spot over Falcon's nemesis >.>).

SagaKirby

Smash Journeyman
Didnt someone here on SmashBoards have a sig saying "K R Rool,
WORST
CHARACTER
EVER"
?
BEST
SIG
EVER.
BOT (Back on topic), I havent seen Rool do anything that caught my eye in my 14 years of life so far...

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
What?? You dont really want to be saying this. You really dont. Kirby has 3 characters, STAR FOX has 3 characters. I dont care if youre a Starfox fan or not. DK is Nintendo's 4th best-selling series, and nearly everyone knows at least DK and Diddy. How many people can say they know who some of the other characters are? (I.e. the Ice Climbers, Wolf (Yeah, lots of people dont recognize him lol), Pit, etc.)

How does DK not deserve another rep? You may think K. Rool the worst character ever (Thats obviously quite a statement, surely you cannot justify it) but you cannot deny that he has fantastic moveset potential, if you think you can, you've clearly not played every DKC game and DK 64 all the way through.

I'm sorry folks, DK is my series, so comments like this get my blood boiling, carry on. :)
Thanks Gannondorf4ever, you said it far better than I ever could have. :)

btw, next vote should be Dark Samus, Ridley and a MP:Hunter.Metroid deserves a new representative soo much more than any other(except maybe F-zero).
I imagine it would be Dark Samus, Ridley, or Sylux...
As much as I may want Trace or Rundas...

Didnt someone here on SmashBoards have a sig saying "K R Rool,
WORST
CHARACTER
EVER"
?
BEST
SIG
EVER.
BOT (Back on topic), I havent seen Rool do anything that caught my eye in my 14 years of life so far...
Yep, that would be IWon'tGetOverTheDam. And... How about being a lunatic with a gun, hm? :laugh:

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
Yeah someone definitely did. I remember that sig and loled at it the first time I saw it. He's kind of a dumb (not very smart) character as far as villains go, but then again, a lot of villains are heavy and/or stupid. King K. Rool is not much worse than Bowser or any other villain who keeps trying the same crap and fails every time.

I also think ridley would be a dumb add. This picture from the best site ever, the very name of which is censored on this forum because of its awesomeness, expresses it better than I could possibly do so with words:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8752/ridleync7.jpg

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
K Rool would fit the best as he would have a really unique moveset as well as the point that he is a villain and we need more of those.

Yeah someone definitely did. I remember that sig and loled at it the first time I saw it. He's kind of a dumb (not very smart) character as far as villains go, but then again, a lot of villains are heavy and/or stupid. King K. Rool is not much worse than Bowser or any other villain who keeps trying the same crap and fails every time.

I also think ridley would be a dumb add. This picture from the best site ever, the very name of which is censored on this forum because of its awesomeness, expresses it better than I could possibly do so with words:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8752/ridleync7.jpg

What makes you think character's that are amazingly small (kirby, olimar) deserved to make it. Size isnt an huge issue in smash.

majora_787

Smash Hero
K. Rool. Funky Kong wasn't really useful at all, other than selling guns. Dixie Kong, uhh....no thanks.

Sorry, the poll was DK when I was posting. ^^

For the second one, I say Bowser Jr. as long as he can turn into Shadow Mario. Waluigi is right behind him though

Spire

III
BRoomer
Round 1 is over!

The first round is over, and the winner should be obvious: King K. Rool by a landslide! I guess only two Kongs should get the honor of toppling the King of Kremlings. The second round has started, and it's a battle between Waluigi, Bowser Jr, and Toad. Remember, vote for one, even if you would not want to see any of the contestants appear in the next game.​

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sorry spire, didn't mean to cast my vote early lol. COuld you do me a favor and send me that donkey kong vs. picture you had up?

*also, I still vote for baby bowser.*

Rick-E

Smash Cadet
Well out of Waluigi, Baby Bowser and Toad...Toad doesn't deserve a spot on the list at all. He may be important to the mario series, but i could never imagine him actually fighting in a game like Smash. Right now his best place is as Peach's B attack.

Now for Bowser Jr. and Waluigi they both are very valuable candidates for brawl.
I say Waluigi would be in before Bowser Jr. though. He has a lot more potential and an easy to make up move set. He is been in quite a few games and definetly deserves the spot.
The only game i actually remember Bowser Jr. being in is Super Mario Sunshine and from just that game making a moveset would be difficult ( I guess it could be revolved around the paintbrush). My vote goes straight to Waluigi though.

Edit: Thought Baby Bowser was the other candidate :psycho: . Well yeah Bowser Jr. and Baby Bowser are 2 completely different characters so I had to edit my reasons.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well out of Waluigi, Baby Bowser and Toad...Toad doesn't deserve a spot on the list at all. He may be important to the mario series, but i could never imagine him actually fighting in a game like Smash. Right now his best place is as Peach'sl B attack.

Now for Baby Bower and Waluigi they both are very valuable canidates for brawl.
I say Waluigi would be in before Baby Bowser first though. He has a lot more potential and an easy to make up move set. He is been in quite a few games and definetly deserves the spot.
The reason I wouldn't go for Baby Bowser is because, if any of the baby characters were to be put in it would be Baby Mario & Baby Luigi. :bee:
Well actually, he is not a baby character. Baby Bowser and Bowser Jr. are entirely different beings. Baby Bowser is the baby form of Bowser while Bowser Jr. is his son. You can change your vote if that persuades you.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I wonder how tennis balls would work out as projectiles for Waluigi...

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr., most definitely. Another villain, with a unique paintbrush moveset. :)

Then Toad - he's important to the Mario series, and he's actually very strong - you'll know if you've played Super Mario Bros. 2.

Waluigi... He's just someone who plays sports. Make him a more-accurate-to-Waluigi alt for Luigi, like what Daisy got in Peach.

:034:

Smash Hero
Bowser Jr., hands down. Paintbrush, shell attacks, cannons and various other equipment, and the Airship Armada.

Veggi

Smash Champion
This one is more tough because the characters are all sort of important. I'll cancel one out right now though. Waluigi would represent only the spin-off part of the Mario games. While Toad represents it better than him as well as having a part nice part in the major Mario games. (Not saying spin-offs don't matter.)

So that leaves Bowser Jr. and Toad which is more difficult as far as number of appearances a recognizability Toad wins hands down. However BJ might have more of an interesting moveset. Toad would have to win, his representation of the spin-off Mario games, plus given enough time and thought Toad's moveset could be beautiful. Think about it, Toad's slide tackles, head smashing, deke ability, charging kick to hit the Striker ball, and flip kick ability could all make up a large part of his moveset. Moving on to Mario Bros. 2 His strength and speed was great, he could pick people up in the air with down b, and have sort of a cargo carry. The super jump from the game could be used as an ability and his stats could be copied straight from Mario Bros. 2. From all the games he's in, a moveset would be really simple really.

Plus if he's the leader of the Toad guards, he could get those shields and spears that the other Toads have in Mario Galaxy.

My vote goes to Toad.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
This is a tougher one for me. Not because of Toad; I don't think he should be in the game at all, especially if it takes away that one move of Peach's. However, I think Bowser Jr. and Waluigi could both be good characters.

However, despite not particularly liking him, I think Waluigi would be better. Despite not being in canon games, Waluigi would be fine in Smash Bros. Smash Bros. isn't exactly a canon game anyways. His moveset could also feature a large number of tennis rackets, golf clubs, soccer balls, and any other number of sports themes. His final smash could be him getting in a kart and running down enemies. He has great potential as a character in my opinion. :p

Bowser Jr. is a very close second for me, for all the reasons people listed. I'd be happy with either him or Waluigi.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
This is a tricky one, but I say Toad only because he is a character I play a lot in other Mario games such as Mario Kart.

But then again, I do the same with Yoshi in other games and hate him in Smash..

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
Guys, would you rather have an stick-thin plumber who likes to participate in tennis and party games, or the son of Bowser (who is one of the most awesome characters ever)?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Guys, would you rather have an stick-thin plumber who likes to participate in tennis and party games, or the son of Bowser (who is one of the most awesome characters ever)?
I doubt Waluigi was ever in the plumbing business. He reminds me of DickDastardly.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi, the purple pest deserves it more then Jr and Toad.
Finally we can get Wario a team partner worthy enough to battle besides him:chuckle:!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom